Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Meat Loaf

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Meat Loaf
    Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 3:16pm
Singer/Rock star/TV reality show Trump co-star Meat Loaf is dead at 74.

Gone is he... Like A Bat Out Of Hell, headed to Paradise by the Dashboard Light.

RIP Meat Loaf.

Mashed Potatoes and Gravy will be lonely without you.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 4:04pm

His weight and the way he exerted himself on stage, I'm guessing heart attack. But who knows. Still, 74 isn't that bad.

RIP to him.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 4:13pm
Some sources are already saying he died from COVID.

I'm sure we'll find out.

The anti-vaxxer, conspiracy kook crowd will probably be howling "fake news" if that becomes the official cause of death.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 4:42pm
I heard he died from Covid, too.

Oh man, this is sad. What a terrible month for celebrity deaths.

RIP, Meat Loaf. I'm going to go home and listen to you.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 9:20pm
Meat Loaf was one of the best rock singers ever, so powerful and had an amazing vocal range. Jim Steinman died last year. I saw his National Anthem Performance at the '94 MLB All Star Game. One of the best I've ever heard.

Didn't care for his politics. He seemed to be an anti-vaxx or anti-mandates person.

R.I.P. 
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 9:59am
Unhappy My mom loved to play "Bat Out of Hell" ... absolute classic album. 
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 9:29am
I was watching South Park yesterday and Meat Loaf was in it.
R.I.P. bat head-biter!!! Cry  Cry

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Angry McPisseron Angry McPisseron wrote:

R.I.P. bat head-biter!!! Cry <span style="color: rgb255, 255, 160; font-family: "Doppio One", Arial; font-size: medium; : rgb0, 0, 16;"> Cry</span>

I think the bat head thing was Ozzy Osborne. Sometimes I wonder if that actually happened, or if it was too good a story to deny. Same with Keith Richards blood transfusions and Frank Zappa eating Alice Coopers sh*t on stage.

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I think bat head thing was Ozzy Osborne. Sometimes I wonder if that actually happened, or if it was too good a story to deny. Same with Keith Richards blood transfusions and Frank Zappa eating Alice Coopers sh*t on stage.

Oops, I think that you're absolutely correct.
But Meat Loaf *WAS* in that South Park episode; they did a flashback and the character Chef was helping him to pick a stage name.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Angry McPisseron Angry McPisseron wrote:

R.I.P. bat head-biter!!! Cry <span style="color: rgb255, 255, 160; font-family: "Doppio One", Arial; font-size: medium; : rgb0, 0, 16;"> Cry</span>

I think the bat head thing was Ozzy Osborne. Sometimes I wonder if that actually happened, or if it was too good a story to deny. Same with Keith Richards blood transfusions and Frank Zappa eating Alice Coopers sh*t on stage.

Google it.

I would but I'm just not that interested.

I doubt any of it is true.

There was a similar rumor about Rod Stewart swallowing so much ejaculate, he had to have his stomach pumped.

Turns out it was started by a record company guy who was pissed off because Stewart changed record labels or something.

C'mon, man!
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

There was a similar rumor about Rod Stewart swallowing so much ejaculate, he had to have his stomach pumped.

I heard that rumour as well (back in the 1980s if I'm not mistaken) -- that Rod Stewart drank 11 oz. of sperm and that he had to go to the hospital, get his stomach pumped and then have a gastric lavage (which is akin to having a stomach enema). Ouch

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 8:55pm

Yes, I think he had supposedly guzzled the semen of everyone on a soccer team he owned.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 5:18am
Makes you wonder what drugs he was on just so you could avoid them...  Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic