Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quizno's "Redneck hot tub"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quizno's "Redneck hot tub"
    Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 10:56pm

Just creepy. And tasteless. And what's with the homoerotic undertones in their commercials lately?

The Quizno's honchos seem to think having a whacked-out "edgy" commercial is the way to bring customers stampeding to their store to buy their expensive sandwiches. I guess they think "water cooler buzz" will sell sandwiches.  It's actually one of the "expensive sandwich places" that I like, but their commercials... UHG! Confused
Sponsored Links

JimmyJones View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 2:19am
Oh HOORAY! Exactly what I wanted to see! I'm definitely going to buy one these subs after seeing two fat hairy men bathe together! THAT'S really going to make me think about putting some meat in my mouth! Excuse me while I throw up...
fishingmachine View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 2:26am
you know ive always wanted to try quiznos but their ads kind of drove me away to subway every time since its about equal distance from my house. something about that one with the guy banging the toaster or something like that. this one isnt any better
CNick View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 9:33pm
When I saw this on TV today I was sick. I don't even think the advertisers care about the product they are trying to sell, they're really trying to make you comfortable with seeing this image over and over again so that you eventually are not shocked by it. Because there's no way to spin this image into an ad for sandwiches, and it make any sense. They promote the image or idea first and then shoe-horn the sandwich idea afterward. This very well could have been an ad for shoes, or hot-tubs or anything else, it really doesn't matter.
I for one am not trying to get accustomed to seeing naked men in a tub....that's nasty!
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 9:40pm
Now I'm thinking of that South Park episode where Randy Marsh and Gerald Brofoski are in the hot tub and one of them...comes....

Now for the commercial, what would the redneck say "Hey did you come in here"?Dead
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Captain Pipcard View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Pipcard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 2:20am
Two men in a tub. Very disturbing.
We have the power of imagination.
FckDominos View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FckDominos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 5:13am
Quiznos tastes horrible. Their sandwiches look ok on my hi-def tv, but as soon as my toungue touches it I'm all like, "What is this? Cilantro?"
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 1:49am
Originally posted by CNick CNick wrote:

When I saw this on TV today I was sick. I don't even think the advertisers care about the product they are trying to sell, they're really trying to make you comfortable with seeing this image over and over again so that you eventually are not shocked by it. Because there's no way to spin this image into an ad for sandwiches, and it make any sense. They promote the image or idea first and then shoe-horn the sandwich idea afterward. This very well could have been an ad for shoes, or hot-tubs or anything else, it really doesn't matter.
I for one am not trying to get accustomed to seeing naked men in a tub....that's nasty!
Yeah I really hate this trend with commercials. It just seems as though the product is supposed to be second. What's even worse is when they try to make it like some kind of story like with the ESurance Chick and the nameless faceless guy.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 1:59am
In regard to the commercial:
1.) Who is the 'wife'?
2.) Who handles 'the beef'?
3.) Who gets 'the cheese'?
4.) WHY would I EVEN BEGIN TO THINK ABOUT a 'Hot & Toasty Sub' after seeing that?!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 3:21am
I kind of dig some of their sandwiches. The prime rib. HugThumbs%20Up
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
sniffels323 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniffels323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 1:17am
I don't care what two fat fags do in the privacy of their own house. But when Quizno's sends it into my house they are raping my senses! Hell if you are going to show two men in a redneck hot tub it should have been an ad for Bush beans. At least you would have the bubblesBig%20smile
Insanity does not run in my family...It strolls through and gets to know everybody personally.
Sgt Saunders View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 8:50am
I read an article the otherday that exposed Quiznos subs (as well as several other asserted foodstuffs from various casual restaurants). Seems those sangwiches are loded for bear with grams o' fat and sodium. One of them had more fat that four Big Macs and the sodium was measured on the basis of weekly requirements. It's hard to tell what is more wretched, the sangwiches or this very disturbing ad. I think the agency producing this is the Boys Audio-Visual Club from Alta Dina Middle School.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 7:21pm

I agree with all of you, and can't understand why they didn't do the commercial with two attractive ladies? when 95% of viewers see this commercial come on,,,don't they change the channel ???Shocked

JimmyJones View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 1:51am
Quiznos ad execs have very weird fetishes.

From toaster oven man love to rednecks bathing in public.

Very weird...
Duffin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by sniffels323 sniffels323 wrote:

I don't care what two fat fags do in the privacy of their own house. But when Quizno's sends it into my house they are raping my senses! Hell if you are going to show two men in a redneck hot tub it should have been an ad for Bush beans. At least you would have the bubblesBig%20smile

Nice. I'm glad we've got people like you on this forum. I can't wait until there's a derogatory word for stupid straight people so i can start using it.
Duffin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by RexxTayeson RexxTayeson wrote:

I agree with all of you, and can't understand why they didn't do the commercial with two attractive ladies? when 95% of viewers see this commercial come on,,,don't they change the channel ???Shocked

Why don't we just take men out of commercials altogether? Even better, let's make it a law that two men aren't allowed to be within speaking distance at all so we won't ruin your sensibilities of how men should interact. Wouldn't want you to see something *gasp* GAY! Oh, heaven forbid...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 6:13pm
Duffin, I may be the biggest right-winger at CIH, but you're absolutely right.  Sock it to 'em, dude!
Bumper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 6:54pm
I'm going to assume that's not being shown down here in the South Eastern US. I've sworn off of TV so I haven't seen much of the new crop.
sniffels323 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniffels323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 12:29am
Originally posted by Duffin Duffin wrote:

Nice. I'm glad we've got people like you on this forum. I can't wait until there's a derogatory word for stupid straight people so i can start using it.

Sorry, I didn't mean offend your role models! LOL

Insanity does not run in my family...It strolls through and gets to know everybody personally.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 1:16am

LOL!!!(this exchange is simply too hilarious, for such a simpleton such as ME!)
...dammit...dammit...dammit! Just broke the arm of my chair...
(think Snif's 'sigline' was the 'coup de gras'!)

C'mon...what would ANYONE think about this idiotic comemrcial?
Especially after we were subjected to the 'homoerotic oven' ("...c'mere, 'Lil'Scotty' ") run(s).
I think I'd back the push for a 'public safety' notice being posted on the front door of EVERY 'Quizno's''..."Add Mayo at Your Own Risk"

Nowadays? I see a 'Quizno's', I'm crossin' the street - end of discussion. 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Duffin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 2:07am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Especially after we were subjected to the 'homoerotic oven' ("...c'mere, 'Lil'Scotty' ") run(s).
I think I'd back the push for a 'public safety' notice being posted on the front door of EVERY 'Quizno's''..."Add Mayo at Your Own Risk"

It's not about the damn commercial. Its about this asshole calling them "fat fags" that I take offense to. I'm sick of people using that and "gay" in replacement of calling someone stupid or "retarded." I don't give a crap if it IS homoerotic. I personally can't stand the commercial, but I don't find anything homoerotic about it.
I'm usually pretty docile about this, but I'm tired of people here making fun of commercials by implying that being gay is a negative thing. That has absolutely nothing to do with any commercial.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 2:11am

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

It's not about the damn commercial. Its about this asshole calling them "fat fags" that I take offense to. I'm sick of people using that and "gay" in replacement of calling someone stupid or "retarded." I don't give a crap if it IS homoerotic. I personally can't stand the commercial, but I don't find anything homoerotic about it.
I'm usually pretty docile about this, but I'm tired of people here making fun of commercials by implying that being gay is a negative thing. That has absolutely nothing to do with any commercial.
That's all good and fine.
Everyone sees what they do through their own eyes - and, well...thank goodness, expresses their own opinions.
I know what you meant.

InsaneB View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InsaneB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 3:03am
f**k QUIZNOS AND THEIR COMMERCIALS. I CANT STAND THEM
Asnotseenontv View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asnotseenontv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 3:35am
1st thing that came to mind:

LEMONPARTY!
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 6:09pm
Exactly.... Did they get a new gay guy in their management? I thought the Stick It In Me commercials were bad enough.... 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic