Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive Insurance talking box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 8:59pm
If the box is talking to you, run, run very fast.
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Sponsored Links

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 1:21am
Seriously, you think they would've stopped with f*cking Aunt "Flo." But no, they have to create a talking f*cking box to sell their stupid, sh*tty coverage.  It never ends. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2014 at 3:38pm
Honestly, I want to take that f**kin' talking box and play a rousing game of field hockey with it. I'd smash it into oblivion. I can't stand those commercials! He sounds like such a smarmy douchebag. 
LooseCaboose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseCaboose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 8:07pm
Whenever I hear that box talking, the first word that comes to mind is "douchebag".

Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Wow. Just wow. This talking INSURANCE box is as moronic as Flo, maybe worse than her. When they retire Flo (I hope soon!) then I'm sure this talking box will take over every commercial, unfortunately. 
PROGRESSIVE I AM SO SICK OF YOUR COMMERCIALS!!

OK, calm down and keep watching this oldie but goodie...

-crainbeo

I remember that commercial. I miss 90s and early 2000s commercials. =/
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Honestly, I want to take that f**kin' talking box and play a rousing game of field hockey with it. I'd smash it into oblivion. I can't stand those commercials! He sounds like such a smarmy douchebag. 

His pretentious comment about the groom affording a better ring in the wedding commercial makes me wanna douse the snide little prick in gasoline and throw his gas soaked cardboard body into a bonfire.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

His pretentious comment about the groom affording a better ring in the wedding commercial makes me wanna douse the snide little prick in gasoline and throw his gas soaked cardboard body into a bonfire.
Agreed he comes across as a total douchebag. Naturally if called out on his douchebaggery he would say "I'm just  kiddin' around." and then proceed to get roaring drunk, hit on pretty much every woman there even if she already has a boyfriend, and then go around telling everybody how to do everything.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Joe Minx View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Minx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 2:51am
The only thing more douchey in that wedding commercial than the box itself is that stupid woman dancing (if you can even call it that) with it. And doing the freaking robot no less.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 7:32pm
Frankly I wish the box would die in a fire, preferably screaming.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Joe Minx Joe Minx wrote:

The only thing more douchey in that wedding commercial than the box itself is that stupid woman dancing (if you can even call it that) with it. And doing the freaking robot no less.

Totally agree!!  I thought it was just me.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Frankly I wish the box would die in a fire, preferably screaming.

I'd settle for that damn snarky talking box with the fake high brow accent to be sucked into an exhaust fan and getting the wood chipper treatment. And I hate that retarded women doing the robot.
I approve this message.
Phoenix_Moon514 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix_Moon514 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 12:45am
Let a dog loose on it. See if it'll talk when it's been ripped to shreds.
“The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.”
― Ayn Rand
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:52am
Originally posted by Phoenix_Moon514 Phoenix_Moon514 wrote:

Now THAT is something I wanna see!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 4:53am

That's animal abuse for that poor doggy that attacks that obnoxious thing. I'd settle for that damn officious talking box to be thrown under the bus.

Yo, obnoxious insurance box; "One of these days bang zoom!"
I approve this message.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 4:27pm

Overall, the damn thing annoys the hell out of me.  What bugs me the most is when it yells, "CANNONBOX!" as it jumps in the pool.  I've never heard a kid yell, "CANNONHUMAN!" as he pulls his shins to his chest and jumps in a pool.  It's a f*cking cannonBALL, no matter what anthropomorphic object is performing it, f*cking Progressive.

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Alex View Drop Down
Spammer to be deleted
Spammer to be deleted

Donathan. Report posts for deletion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 1:02pm
That talking box is so pointless. At least Flo is a human and can shill Progressive all she wants. Humans can talk. Boxes cannot. The one where he rags on the groom's wedding ring present to his bride made me cringe. Something along the lines of, "The groom must have gotten the ring out of a 25 cent toy machine," that was just so damn tacky.
cornflake View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 4:02pm
Insurance doesn't even come in a box. At most you might get an envelope in the mail. 
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

That's animal abuse for that poor doggy that attacks that obnoxious thing. I'd settle for that damn officious talking box to be thrown under the bus.

Yo, obnoxious insurance box; "One of these days bang zoom!"

*THUMP*

Lady: "What was that sound?"

Bus driver " oh that was just the box"

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 2:44pm
Instead of creating new one on P Box..am i truly the first to post on the Box Bachelor Ad? His smug ass response to the hotties when he chooses HIMSELF--execreble. Make Flo look like a million bucks though.
Baggin the tiki since the 90s
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

Instead of creating new one on P Box..am i truly the first to post on the Box Bachelor Ad? His smug ass response to the hotties when he chooses HIMSELF--execreble. Make Flo look like a million bucks though.

I've seen it too! The only way to improve the box (besides dousing it in fire) is to replace the current voice with the Checkers bag voice. Even that won't save him!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 6:08pm
That stupid piece of cardboard, about as sturdy as one of their policies.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

That stupid piece of cardboard, about as sturdy as one of their policies.

Give the women hatchets, axes, crowbars, steel knuckles, flame throwers, baseball bats, and golf clubs. Let the ladies have at it!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 6:22pm
^LOL

Women don't need all that chit, they can kill you with a look and a sneer.
And dangerous legal documents.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 12:44am
That box wants the dudes, he/it actually hates women. And please no ghetto Checker's Bag; just as bad. Here's an idea: make that box a portable kitty litter pan. A little cat sh*t and piss does an obnoxious box good! And that chick doing the robot wasn't she once a dude? And diving off the board saying Cannonball? Plase! At least Flo has some cuteness to her. I could go down and check out her policy without any drinks. Flo is overdo to show some skin. Flo, lose the pants you got nice legs and would look smoking hot just wearing the shirt/robe.
I approve this message.
sjchevalier07 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjchevalier07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 5:02am
This new commercial with The Bachelor parody is so dumb!
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 11:32pm
Everyone hates this stupid ad!  I'm with Angry McP - there is no fate dire enough for this obnoxious, toxic, insulting talking box.  What pack of idiots came up with this concept?  After being subjected to this unfunny, uninformative, creep-factor-ten, actively insulting series of ads, why would anyone want to buy insurance from this company?  All I want to do is pour lighter fluid on that box and drop a match.  Or use a flamethrower and crisp its ugly face.  Or pour hydrochloric acid on it.  Or better yet, pour syrup on it and put it in a box with a thousand raspberry crazy ants and let the games begin!  
CapeCat
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic