Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive Flo is a reincarnation?????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progressive Flo is a reincarnation?????
    Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 9:53pm
Wait, what?

I do NOT know what to think of this!

This commercial features Flo pleading with her accusers in different eras not to kill her because Progressive's Name Your Price Tool isn't (name your accusation here). Of course they claim Progressive's is "dangerously progressive" get it? How funny! Are they running for office? Seriously, WTF!?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 11:10pm
Flo....

GO AWAY!!!!! About sick and tired of these Progressive ads, and have been for the last 3-4 years. It's 2015, time to retire her and replace her with a real insurance salesman.

Sick and tired of Charter Spectrum (and Flo!)
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 11:30pm
To me she's fairly benign that's only because I've seen her so much! However if they replaced her, I wouldn't mind that at all. BTW the commercial came on again she's hawking the "Name Your Price Tool" SSDD. Also the commercial says the idea is "dangerously progressive".
Dr.HortonWho View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.HortonWho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Wait, what?

This commercial features Flo pleading with her accusers in different eras not to kill her because Progressive isn't (name your accusation here). Of course they claim Progressive is "progressive" get it? How funny! Are they running for office? Seriously, WTF!?

Methinks she's a witch!  Obviously, she avoided visiting Salem.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Dr.HortonWho Dr.HortonWho wrote:

Wait, what?

This commercial features Flo pleading with her accusers in different eras not to kill her because Progressive isn't (name your accusation here). Of course they claim Progressive is "progressive" get it? How funny! Are they running for office? Seriously, WTF!?

She turned me into a newt!

....I got better.

(I think the last segment of that ad is supposed to be Salem. The caption does say "New England".)
"Did somebody say 'HOG-RIDERRRR'?!!"
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Flo....

GO AWAY!!!!! About sick and tired of these Progressive ads, and have been for the last 3-4 years. It's 2015, time to retire her and replace her with a real insurance salesman.

They'd probably just replace her with that talking insurance box if they retired her, so careful what you wish for!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Dr.HortonWho Dr.HortonWho wrote:

Wait, what?

The old witch test that was never wrong is in order. If she drowns she is innocent. If she floats she is a witch and immediately hanged!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 6:52pm
I'd be surprised if she weighed the same as a duck....
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Flo....

They'd probably just replace her with that talking insurance box if they retired her, so careful what you wish for!

Oooooooooh I hate the box MORE!!!
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 8:31pm

Flo....

I agree...I sooooo want to smack her face off!OuchOuchOuch
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 2:09pm
I found it!  I posted about this in commercial talk too.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do.
EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 3:06pm
I can't forgive them for renaming the 'Name Your Price Gun' Angry

ridley View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 3:47pm
ah well, anymore, it's just Flo
ledwards88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ledwards88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 5:47am

Yeah, I'm sorry, I really was a huge fan at one point, but Flo has officially gotten old....as in, visibly aging. And that may not even bother me if the quality of the commercials weren't sagging too. I mean, come on...the whole "it's not lactose, it's milk" thing running right now? Pathetic. That joke is actually kinda funny, but every thing else about the commercial is difficult to watch. The sounds, the picture, it's all so very old, and I get that this was done on purpose, but I don't think it achieves the comical tone that was intended. It just reminds us of how bloated and old our once beloved character is...seriously. Get on with something new.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic