Print Page | Close Window

VW: SHOOT THE GAAAAAP!!!!

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television / Streaming Ads
Forum Description: You hate them. Tell us why.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8355
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:43am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: VW: SHOOT THE GAAAAAP!!!!
Posted By: Ad nauseous
Subject: VW: SHOOT THE GAAAAAP!!!!
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 5:58pm
Ugh I'll see if I can find video, but this commercial features a guy and his gal (she's in the backseat) on a test drive of a Volkswagen Jetta LE on the highway. Anyway the guy is talking with the dealer sitting next to him telling him that they're pretty conservative drivers. Then the most earsplitting phrase is heard. The girlfriend/wife spots an opening between two tractor trailers and SCREAMS at the top of her lungs "SHOOT THE GAAP SHOOT THE GAAAAAP!" the guy decides to go for it and passes between the two 18-wheelers. While this happens she screams in the most annoying way.

VERY ANNOYING!Angry

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Replies:
Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 6:39pm
I hated it the first time I saw it because of that scream.  It's kinda grown on me, especially the way they revert right back to being "conservative drivers" after they've "shot the gap".

Posted By: Legoman
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 4:10am
Woot, now I wanna try Big%20smile  

....no I won't though

Posted By: EMCEE
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 5:47am
I hate it because it glorifies the jagoffs on the road who make driving dangerous for the rest of us.  

-------------
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Posted By: kicket
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 6:45am
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

I hate it because it glorifies the jagoffs on the road who make driving dangerous for the rest of us.  

Yep exactly and i love the stupid legal disclaimer at the bottom jerks

Posted By: Duffin
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 2:51pm
Yeah, I love that they show these people shooting the gap and then there's a disclaimer saying not to do it. Um...maybe you shouldn't have it in your commercial, then. And I guarantee that dealer would not be happy with these people driving recklessly in a car still owned by the dealership.

And another thing that bothers me about car commercials that occurred to me because I've done a lot of test drives lately: dealers do NOT drive in the car with you anymore. I have been to over ten different dealerships and not once did I have to drive with the sales person in the car. Maybe it used to be that way, but it's not anymore. They just photocopy your driver's license and send you on your way. They have way better things to do than sit in the car while you drive it around.

Posted By: Hezadancer
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 11:03pm
Just caught this one. It didn't sound as bad as it really is but omg, it's horrific! Why are you glorifying such terrible driving practices? The woman needs to shut the f**k up, she literally sounds retarded when she says "shoot da gaaap" the first time. Also, can we PLEASE stop with the "oh haha lets take the straight laced pencil pushers and make them do something crazy, just like you wish you could do!". It's so played out and LAME. I drive a tiny car and I do my best to stay AWAY from the semis. I refuse to drive in between 2 of them, side by side or one in front one in back. Then again, I have more intelligence then most VW drivers apparently.

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 12:39am
Originally posted by kicket kicket wrote:

Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Yep exactly and i love the stupid legal disclaimer at the bottom jerks
I was looking for that disclaimer.  Didn't see it.  Even so, do you really think the dumbasses who pull this sh*t on the road read those things? 

-------------
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 2:01am
The disclaimer is there, you just have to watch the bottom of the screen, you'll see it.

this is what it says: "Professional driver closed course.Always obey local speed and traffic laws."

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 2:50am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

The disclaimer is there, you just have to watch the bottom of the screen, you'll see it.

this is what it says: "Professional driver closed course.Always obey local speed and traffic laws."
It should just say, across the entire screen, in big scrolling letters: "Don't even think about doing this in real life, dumbass."  Better yet, how about they just don't show idiotic behavior as "cool" in commercials?

-------------

- Mark Twain

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk