Print Page | Close Window

Just For Men - Milk

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television / Streaming Ads
Forum Description: You hate them. Tell us why.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7125
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:39pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Just For Men - Milk
Posted By: Duffin
Subject: Just For Men - Milk
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 2:44am
Okay...again, i can't stop myself from posting despite my New Year's Resolution. I keep seeing this stupid commercial. Now, we all know how offensively superficial these commercials are, but this one takes the cake.
It starts with this guy with obviously fake grey hair looking through his peephole. Some woman's holding a glass and asks if she can borrow some milk. So, this guy goes to his fridge and (gasp!) he only have chinese food in his immaculately clean fridge! So, with totally rational thought, the guy jumps off of his balcony onto some truck driving by, jumps off the moving truck, and lands in a grocery store! He then proceeds to buy Just for Men and milk. This very limber (old) guy then somehow manages to get back in his high apartment without coming in through his front door, though we don't get to see. He then colors his hair and opens the door to find the woman amazingly still waiting there after what must have been fifteen minutes at the least. Oh, and then proceeds to pretty much agree to have relations with him.

So...wow...this commercial just disgusts me. Do they expect us to believe that this woman would really sit there waiting that whole time for a glass of milk? And then, they expect us to believe that this guy is soooo desperate to impress this woman he doesn't even know that he'll leap out of a window onto a moving truck just to get some milk to give to her? Give me a freaking break!

Replies:
Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 2:50am
I AGREE

I hate this ad for the over the top ridiculousness that they go for just to get a point across.

The creator of this ad should be dunked into a tub full of Just For Men gel.

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Posted By: Hootman
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 3:10am
Well, you guys just burst my bubble. 

Posted By: Synesthesia
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 3:12am
Never seen, but what if she didn't mind a bit of salt in her pepper?
I for one think that prematurely gray haired men are hot.
Like Dmitri Hvorostovsky Heart

-------------
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog

Posted By: Craftychiq
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 3:56am
That's just it, I haven't seen this commercial but judging from the description it sounds to me like the fact this (I'm assuming) hot young thing is asking for a glass of milk and actually stands there and waits 15 minutes for him to return, he probably didn't need the Just For Men to begin with.

-------------
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Posted By: bunnyhead
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 4:57am
Just For Men doesn't even work.  My fiance is almost all gray (he is only 28) and I dyed his hair a few times using Miss Clairol.  Well, he started to get all pissy cause Miss Clairol is for women and he felt that somehow that was ruining his masculinity.  So, he went out and got Just For Men.  I died his hair with it and NOTHING!! It didn't even cover half of the gray.  I went out that night and got some more Miss Clairol..Oh well!!

-------------
According to society...I am a fat piece of human garbage and I should just die so people don't have to look at me anymore!!

Posted By: ForumAdmin
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 2:10pm
Havin' relations.

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 2:17pm
The guy should've just filled her glass with wine.

Posted By: Titus77
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 3:52pm
I hate this one, too. But I also hate all the other JFM ads with the cute little girls trying to help their fathers get hired/laid.

-------------
Where's The Beef?

Posted By: Moochamoocha
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 4:01pm
LOL I thought you were ranting about a product called Just For Men Milk. "Since when did they make milk gender specific?" I asked myself. You should have named the topic Just For Men - milk or something like that.

I've never seen this ad but it sounds pretty stupid.

-------------
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Tiz
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Duffin Duffin wrote:

It starts with this guy with obviously fake grey hair looking through his peephole. Some woman's holding a glass and asks if she can borrow some milk. So, this guy goes to his fridge and (gasp!) he only have chinese food in his immaculately clean fridge! So, with totally rational thought, the guy jumps off of his balcony onto some truck driving by, jumps off the moving truck, and lands in a grocery store! He then proceeds to buy Just for Men and milk. This very limber (old) guy then somehow manages to get back in his high apartment without coming in through his front door, though we don't get to see. He then colors his hair and opens the door to find the woman amazingly still waiting there after what must have been fifteen minutes at the least. Oh, and then proceeds to pretty much agree to have relations with him.

So...wow...this commercial just disgusts me. Do they expect us to believe that this woman would really sit there waiting that whole time for a glass of milk? And then, they expect us to believe that this guy is soooo desperate to impress this woman he doesn't even know that he'll leap out of a window onto a moving truck just to get some milk to give to her? Give me a freaking break!
I was going to post about this one but still can't find the video. But it is exactly as you explained.Confused
What kind of dimwit is going to stand by a complete stranger's door for 15-20 minutes waiting for him to open up.

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

LOL I thought you were ranting about a product called Just For Men Milk. "Since when did they make milk gender specific?" I asked myself. You should have named the topic Just For Men - milk or something like that.

LOL

-------------

Posted By: Synesthesia
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 12:01am

I thought that too. I was like, huh? Milk for men?

-------------
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog

Posted By: EMCEE
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 12:48am

It should be called Man Milk.  Talk about shock advertising LOL

-------------
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Titus77 Titus77 wrote:

I hate this one, too. But I also hate all the other JFM ads with the cute little girls trying to help their fathers get hired/laid.

Come to think of it, they never have boys trying to do this.

Posted By: musicman
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 5:01pm

Mooch, I thought the exact same thing.  I thought he was going to say that he went to the fridge and found, JUST FOR MEN MILK, and couldn't give it to her, so he had to run to the store to get regular milk.  LOL

Posted By: Hootman
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Titus77 Titus77 wrote:

Come to think of it, they never have boys trying to do this.

Eddie walked into dad's bedroom with a bottle of "Just For Men"  and saw him "putting it to" Mrs. Livingston...."Never mind, Dad..."

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Originally posted by Duffin Duffin wrote:

I was going to post about this one but still can't find the video. But it is exactly as you explained.Confused
What kind of dimwit is going to stand by a complete stranger's door for 15-20 minutes waiting for him to open up.

Here it is;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxKsqbXRM-I&feature=related - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxKsqbXRM-I&feature=related

Uhmmm, yeah.......Ermm

Posted By: Vindicated
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 9:34pm
Here's the moral of the stories:

Milk Commercial: Young ladies, speak to an older gentlemen, and he will expect to get laid.

Experience vs Youth-aka "I've got plans for you": Who needs experience when all you're being hired for is to be the on call male prostitute for the company?   

BTW, do you use man milk to make man gravy?

Posted By: JasperGretsch
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 5:25am
My biggest problem with the commercial is the fact that they're trying to illustrate the fact that the product supposedly will get rid of your gray in 5 minutes, yet as it has been pointed out, the whole ordeal with getting the milk AND coloring the hair took at least 20.

If they wanted to get the point across better they would have just had the guy color his hair before answering the door and not go through all the milk b.s.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by JasperGretsch JasperGretsch wrote:

My biggest problem with the commercial is the fact that they're trying to illustrate the fact that the product supposedly will get rid of your gray in 5 minutes, yet as it has been pointed out, the whole ordeal with getting the milk AND coloring the hair took at least 20.

Plus, what about washing the dye out after it's done?  And when the guy answers the door, his hair is dry...so I imagine that he hadda use a hairdryer, too.  I'm guessing that, all-in-all, it would have taken him at least an hour to get all that done.

All-round silly commercial.

Posted By: jerseygirl
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 4:35pm
Not to mention the fact that he jumped from the third floor balcony, and............scaled the wall like spiderman to get back in?  Teleported?  Clicked his heels three times?

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by jerseygirl jerseygirl wrote:

Not to mention the fact that he jumped from the third floor balcony, and............scaled the wall like spiderman to get back in?  Teleported?  Clicked his heels three times?

LOL LOL

How the f**k did he get back up there? did he use a rope, or maybe that super strong grappling hook that James Blond uses in his watch? maybe he has a transporter?LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 9:08pm
Anyone notice his fridge, or the lack of anything in it. A beer and what looks like some leftover Chinese food.
"Anything else?"
"Pancakes...teeheehee"Wacko
"Do you have 'protection?'
"Just a second........ I'll be right back."

Oh brother.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 9:23pm
Did he stop and score some roofies to put in the milk?  He's about twice her age, and could probably use something besides a bottle of hair dye and a bottle of milk to get something going with her.

Posted By: parliament
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Vindicated Vindicated wrote:

Milk Commercial: Young ladies, speak to an older gentlemen, and he will expect to get laid.

That's not really what is going on here.  Did you see the commercial?  Both the man and the woman are older.  They look like they are in their 40s and are about the same age.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 10:37pm
I'll take another look.  I'm picturing her to be in her twenties, and him in his late forties.  Maybe she looks younger because she uses Just for Men, too.  Tongue 

Posted By: MrButler
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 8:30am
never seen it but sounds retarded

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 9:35pm
You know, looking through a peep-hole, he can see her but she can't see him. What if, besides the grey hair, he had a festering pimple on his nose waiting to be popped.

Posted By: JasperGretsch
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 12:56am
..and we're to believe she's never seen him before? Ever? 

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 04 May 2010 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Vindicated Vindicated wrote:

Confused...well...uhhh...yea - o.k. already! Isn't that the way it works?!

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk