Print Page | Close Window

Shows about the Titanic!

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television Related Rants
Forum Description: That awful stuff between the bad commercials.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7098
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 1:17pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Shows about the Titanic!
Posted By: bunnyhead
Subject: Shows about the Titanic!
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 5:52am
Ok, yes the loss of the Titanic was tragic but it was also 98 years ago!!

Every other day The History Channel, Discovery, NatGeo, ect are playing shows about people who go diving for answers about the Titanic.
WHY?
We pretty much know what happened. It hit an iceberg and the weak rivets gave way and the water-tight compartments (which were not very water-tight) flooded, sinking the ship in less than 2 hours.

What is the mystery and why are people wasting thousands of dollars sending robots down there to take MORE pictures of the ship?

It is not like we NEED to know what happened so that it will never happen again.  We don't make boats like that anymore and we now have a great invention called RADAR!!! There is sophisticated equipment on ships now, not two guys up in a "bird's nest" with binoculars looking for icebergs.

I just don't see why this crap is interesting, relevant, and on my t.v. every other day.Angry

-------------
According to society...I am a fat piece of human garbage and I should just die so people don't have to look at me anymore!!

Replies:
Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 2:58pm
For awhile, it was shows about Alcatraz.  And the History Channel often gets called the Hitler Channel.  And what's with all the dwarf shows?  I'm waiting for a show about dwarf Nazis escaping from Alcatraz. 

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 3:01pm
I don't know Thor but between the Nostradamus bullsh*t, Armageddon junk, and the Titanic crapola, they don't have time to play any other shows!!

The world is gonna end in 2012...we get it!!!

-------------
According to society...I am a fat piece of human garbage and I should just die so people don't have to look at me anymore!!

Posted By: Big Momma
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 3:16pm
One of my Husband's relatives, Sir Algernon Barkworth was a Titanic survivor.

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by bunnyhead bunnyhead wrote:

I don't know Thor but between the Nostradamus bullsh*t, Armageddon junk, and the Titanic crapola, they don't have time to play any other shows!!

Unh-unh.  I saw the movie, and, as it turns out, many of us will escape on arks and rebuild the earth.  I think there'll be enough of us that we'll be able to produce and star in many, many reality shows, sitcoms, and TV commercials.

I just hope the mother ship doesn't sink first.  It would be a shame to waste a good Titanic II story on vegetation and cockroaches.

Posted By: Tiz
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 7:28pm
 There is sophisticated equipment on ships now, not two guys up in a "bird's nest" with binoculars looking for icebergs.
LOL
What happened?
Bert and Ernie were up in the birds nest texting and never saw the iceberg.

I like those shows about sunken ships but the Titanic has been done to death. They're almost as boring as that 4hr. snoozefest Titanic movie. 

Posted By: LOT Tu-134
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

There is sophisticated equipment on ships now, not two guys up in a "bird's nest" with binoculars looking for icebergs.
LOL
What happened?
Bert and Ernie were up in the birds nest texting and never saw the iceberg.

I like those shows about sunken ships but the Titanic has been done to death. They're almost as boring as that 4hr. snoozefest Titanic movie. 

Agreed, there could be more about some other famous ships in the 20th century that sank, such as the Titanic's sistership Britannic, or how about the Empress of Ireland that got struck by a ship, Or even the Andrea Dorea (or better yet, make a show about the ship that struck it, the MS Stockholm, which after 52 years of first setting the seas, still sails to this day as MS Athena, I don't think very many Ocean Liners can claim to have such a long and impressive history).

Though I do like some of the Titanic shows that go into every engineering-like detail of what likely happened when the ship started to sink (like where it hit, if there was any relevant imperfection in the material used to build the ship, if any rivets were not put in that should have, and would have at least kept the ship afloat for a bit longer. ) Though I do think that for the most part, Titanic-mania of the late 1990s is DONE for now.

Posted By: regulus
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 8:28pm
I heard the infamous "Escape from Alcatraz" (Morris and the Anglin Brothers)-which was the basis for at least two Movies including the Clint Eastwood Film, was put into motion when the Convicts came across a magazine article about the disaster while they were in prison. The article had a scenario where you were a passenger on the ill-fated vessel. Knowing you weren't going to be able to get on one of the Lifeboats, what could you do, using materials at hand, to make a Raft that would enable you stay afloat long enough for the rescue ship to arrive? Apparently the Convicts used the info in this article to make rafts to get off the island, whether or not their escape was "successful" is, of course the stuff of endless debate.LOL

-------------
Poiuyt Power!!!

Posted By: EMCEE
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 1:26am
Couldn't get away from Apocalyse shows for a couple of years.  Sheesh.

-------------
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 2:16am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

For awhile, it was shows about Alcatraz.  And the History Channel often gets called the Hitler Channel.  And what's with all the dwarf shows?  I'm waiting for a show about dwarf Nazis escaping from Alcatraz. 

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!LOL

I'm picturing little people in brown coats with Hitler mustaches running away from guards on Alcatraz.

Thanks for the visual laugh I needed that!LOL

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Posted By: TeamEdward1976
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 1:48am

I'm sick of hearing about the world ending.Nobody,knows if and when that's going to happen,but God,so enough already!If and when it happens,I don't want to know about it.I want it to be as quick and painless as possible.I don't want to sat around worrying about it.I want to enjoy life while I'm still here.

-------------
Julie

Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 2:36am
Originally posted by TeamEdward1976 TeamEdward1976 wrote:

I'm sick of hearing about the world ending.Nobody,knows if and when that's going to happen,but God,so enough already!If and when it happens,I don't want to know about it.I want it to be as quick and painless as possible.I don't want to sat around worrying about it.I want to enjoy life while I'm still here.

Well said I feel the same way. Clap

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 4:35am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by TeamEdward1976 TeamEdward1976 wrote:

[QUOTE=bunnyhead]I don't know Thor but between the Nostradamus bullsh*t, Armageddon junk, and the Titanic crapola, they don't have time to play any other shows!!

Too True!!  I want the asteroid to land right on my house.  I defintely do NOT want to be one of the survivors after the apocalypse.  No thanks!!

-------------

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 5:57pm

Shows about the Titanic!

I think they're all sinking fast.

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: MrTim
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 11:10pm
They're just warming up for the 100th anniversary of the sinking.  By that time there will be "all new" shows made and enough old ones in the can to run 24/7 marathons.... Dead

-------------
http://mrtim1k.blogspot.com/ - WKRP closing theme lyrics HERE!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk