Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:45pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Worst Songs I Have Ever Heard
Posted By: kat
Subject: Worst Songs I Have Ever Heard
Date Posted: 22 May 2008 at 10:12pm
Here's a master list.

'Hold You Tight'- I Don't Know
This song is sung by a girl with absolutely no singing capabilities whatsoever, and it sounds like it was done on a Casio.
Rating: 4/5 Hatreds
DeadDeadDead

'Don't Wanna Fall In Love'- Jane Child
This song is SO BAD! All I hear when I listen to it is some weird chick with dreadlocks whining "Don't wanna fall in love! WHOOOAOHHHH"
Rating: 4/5 Hatreds
DeadDeadDeadDead

'Follow Me'- Uncle Kracker
I hate this song because it's retarded. But rednecks probably love it and play it at their shotgun weddings.
Rating: 3/5 Hatreds
DeadDeadDead

'Lovin' You'- Minnie Riperton
Okay, the only reason I hate this song is because I cry every single time I hear it. But only because the lady who sings it is dead.
But seriously, were the bird chirps necessary? Was the DAMN HIGH F neccesary???? HUH MINNIE RIPERTON WAS IT???? OH THAT'S RIGHT YOU CAN'T ANSWER ME BECAUSE YOU'RE DEAD. Cry
DeadDeadDead

'Sorry' by Buckcherry
They're probably not even sorry and they just want to get into her pants, number one.
Number two, the singer sounds like he eats razor blades for a light after-dinner snack.
Number three, I can't understand what the frick he's saying.
Number four, It sucks.
Rating: 5/5 Hatreds
DeadDeadDeadDeadDead

'Rock Me Amadeus' by Falco
Good beat notwithstanding, this song is terrible and so was the movie. He raps in German but then just inserts English where he knows it. Like, "no plastic money"? WHAT THE HECK???
And the chorus is repetitive, which I hate so much.
DeadDeadDead

'Untitled (How Could This Happen To Me?)' by Simple Plan
Okay, so the guy from Simple Plan sounds terrible. I hate his voice and the way he says stuff, and this just sounds like one big whine.
Number two, this song is about accidentally killing someone because you were drunk driving. How could this happen to YOU????? How about, how could this happen to the PERSON I FREAKIN' KILLED???
DeadDeadDeadDeadDead

'Tempted' By Squeeze
If the girl you used to be with LEFT you and you're OVER, then you are fully entitled to the fruit of another and therefore do not have to whine about how you're tempted and the truth is discovered.
Plus the people at XM Radio are trying to make sure I hear this song every single day and they are succeeding so far. Plus this song is overused in commercials and whatnot. Grr!
DeadDeadDeadDeadDead

'Rapture' by Blondie
Okay, I LOVE Blondie. But this song is really really bad.
I mean, a monster that eats cars? And stuff like that?
I know you can rhyme better than that, Debbie Harry and Others!!!!!!!!
Just look at Rapper's Delight. That song is awesome! There is no excuse for this song, not from the same band who gave us "Rip Her To Shreds" and "Sunday Girl" and "Hanging On The Telephone".
Rating: 2/5 Hatreds
DeadDead

'Money Honey' by I Don't Freaking Care To Ever Know

THIS IS MY MOST HATED SONG OF ALL TIME.
Why? Because it's inexcusably Special Olympics-winning retarded, so retarded that I don't care how jerky and un-PC it makes me sound.
Take a look at the chorus: "If I had no money honey, would you love me love me love me?"
JUST THINKING ABOUT IT MAKES ME WANT TO SHANK WHOEVER WROTE THIS SONG.  I mean it. Go look up the rest of the lyrics. They are repetitive, asinine, and ... God, I DON'T EVEN KNOW. It's so bad that it renders me unable to produce another adjective.
Rating: Infinity/5 Hatreds
DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead

Dead

-------------
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole

Replies:
Posted By: suenewtotx
Date Posted: 22 May 2008 at 10:22pm

"Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" -- Wham.  The video is as bad as the song.  It's the worst of the '80s.

"We Built This City" -- Jefferson Starship (or whatever the hell they were calling themselves at that time).  This is another song where the video is as bad as, if not worse than, the song.

"Apology" (I think this is the title?) -- Not sure who sings it; it's a current popular song.  I can't stand that moron moaning every time the singer sings "It's too late to apologize" & you hear this weird, offensive background sound, like someone's wailing away, caught in the throes of deep physical anguish.  Please just die already.Dead

Posted By: BrianO
Date Posted: 22 May 2008 at 11:29pm
"Apologize" by New Republic-although the guy repeatedly says "It's too late to 'pologize'.

Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 12:07am
LOL OMG We Built This City is so bad...but I actually like it. It's not smart or well-written, but it's nice to sing along to.

Songs my dad hates:
"Our House". I don't know why, but he hates it.
"Keep Your Hands To Yourself". He says, "It's a bunch of hillbillies who got lucky and the video proves that."
"The Safety Dance". He never told me why he hates it so much but he goes "ARRG" and switches the channel whenever it comes on the radio.

-------------

Posted By: Big Momma
Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 12:17am
The Lion sleeps Tonight Dead!
Hooked on A Feeling [ooga chucka ooga chucka ]DeadDeadDeadDead
You Sexy Thing DeadDeadDead
Tonight I Celebrate My Love for You DeadDead

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 1:06am
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

'Rapture' by Blondie
Okay, I LOVE Blondie. But this song is really really bad.
I mean, a monster that eats cars? And stuff like that?
I know you can rhyme better than that, Debbie Harry and Others!!!!!!!!
Just look at Rapper's Delight. That song is awesome! There is no excuse for this song, not from the same band who gave us "Rip Her To Shreds" and "Sunday Girl" and "Hanging On The Telephone".
Rating: 2/5 Hatreds
DeadDead

Not a big fan of that song either.  However, I have a Blondie video DVD, and the song's worth it just to look at Debbie Harry. 

I AM glad you mentioned Rip Her to Shreds.  In fact, I have the Japanese picture sleeve for the Rip Her to Shreds 45 as my desktop.  That first album is GREAT!!  X-Offender's one of my favorite songs by them.

Posted By: TWCFan
Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 2:53am
I love showing my hatred for the songs I hate. It hasn't changed since at all.

Soulja Boy- Worst talentless hack ever. Anyone with any common sense would dismiss his sounds as grade-A sh**e.

Boys Like Girls- They are my least favorite boy band. They seem to reach for the part of me that makes me want to kill. They have a "sockpuppet" band called We the Kings.

Hannah Montana/Jonas. Bros./Naked Bros. Band etc. They aren't amazing at all. They are a quick cash-in for deep pockets.

Fall Out Boy- They should escape the Earth, I mean they should have escaped the earth. They are the worst excuse for music.

All-American Rejects and other emos: I hate emo music.

New Additions to TWCFan's Dungeon:

Tokio Hotel: What is so amazing about them? They sound like every other boy band out there!

Metro Station: Being an avid fan of subways, it insults me that they called themselves that. Also, one of the people in the group is in the Cyrus family! Bringing me up to...

Billy Ray Cyrus- You are desperate for money. You already have lost your dignity and every last bit of hope, so you ask Disney to make a TV show about your daughter.

Posted By: Angry McPisseron
Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 4:26am
"Afternoon Delight" by The Starland Vocal Band DeadDeadDeadDeadDead
"We Went to the Desert on our Horses One Day" or some such horse puckey by America DeadDeadDeadDeadDead

Both of these songs aren't just earworms - they're BRAINWORMS!!! AngryOuchUnhappyOuchAngry

-------------
http://www.ledmuseum.net/" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: BrianO
Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 6:56am
That's 'A Horse With No Name'.

Posted By: Angry McPisseron
Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 2:57pm
That song is so foul, urinous, and horrible that I can't even get the song title correct. :/

-------------
http://www.ledmuseum.net/" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: msmadz
Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 3:36pm

"You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morisette.

VILE. Just such a mean song.

-------------
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by BrianO BrianO wrote:

That's 'A Horse With No Name'.

This song gets a bad rap.  Kind of like The Knack's My Sharona.  I'm not sure why.  I like 'em both.

Posted By: Yutolia
Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 4:08pm
That piece of sh*t FreeCredit.com song

We Built This City (The only person on the planet who could possibly like this song is Mickey Thomas Dead)

Thankfully, I can't think of anymore right now.

Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 4:26pm
I like some prog-rock, but not that really pop stuff.  Styx, Kansas, Rush---yuck!!  Maybe it's the vocals, which I once heard described as the sound of "nutty squirrels".

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I like some prog-rock, but not that really pop stuff.  Styx, Kansas, Rush---yuck!!  Maybe it's the vocals, which I once heard described as the sound of "nutty squirrels". 

You forgot BOSTON, and then the obligatory slide into 'b.s.' noise of AC/DC, Metallica...and wherever that went...

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: ForumAdmin
Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 5:46pm
Um.

Cha-Cha Slide.

Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

You forgot BOSTON, and then the obligatory slide into 'b.s.' noise of AC/DC, Metallica...and wherever that went...

One song by Boston would've been enough.

As far as AC/DC...the only reason I dislike them is because they've never released a greatest hits package, and their songs are not available on iTunes.

Posted By: Moochamoocha
Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by yutolia yutolia wrote:

We Built This City (The only person on the planet who could possibly like this song is Mickey Thomas Dead)

*sheepishly raises her hand* I like that song. It just came on the radio.

I can!

"Bubbly" by Colbie Caillat (or however you spell this chick's name) - saccharine, sippy, asinine, sickening claptrap. Who wrote this song? A three year old could write better lyrics.

"Lips Of An Angel" by Hinder - I hate hate HATE this song!!!AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry This is another song that should be shot into the sun to disintegrate. Whenever it comes on the radio, I practically give myself a hernia running to change the station.

"You're Beautiful" by James 'Go smoke a' Blunt - on the old forum, I made many a mention on how much I hate this song. Now that we're in our new digs, I can reiterate that point. I hate this song. I hate this song! I HATE THIS SONG!!!!!!

"Photograph" by Nickelback - this song gets on my nerves like you wouldn't believe. Chad Kroeger's gravel gargling voice doesn't help matters, either.

"Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne - this song is the equivalent of having 75 rusty screws jammed into your ears; it's that painful to listen to. Loud, screechy and annoying are three words to describe this earsore.

"Big Girls Don't Cry" and "Clumsy" by Fergie - I can't escape these songs. I really think they follow me everywhere I go. "Big Girls" is an annoying and stupid piece of sh*t. The writer needs to give the 13 year old they ripped these words from back her diary because that's obviously where this crap came from. And that other song by her makes me want to run amok down 42nd Street with a chainsaw.  I really hate that refrain that you hear 50 million times during it: "Can't HELP it! The GIRL can't HELP it! (Oh baby!)
Can't HELP it! The GIRL can't HELP it! (Oh baby!)" The next radio station or store I'm in that plays that song is going to be the recipient of a Brooklyn Beatdown and soon they'll be singing "Can't HELP it! The GIRL can't HELP (her actions!)"

"Apologize" by OneRepublic - if I have to hear this song ONE MORE TIME, there's going to be hell to pay. This song wasn't one of my favorites the first time I heard it and now it has entered Can't Stand It territory because it's been overplayed to the point that even unborn fetuses know the words. And I agree with whoever said that this singer has a whiny voice.

"She Will Be Loved" by Maroon 5 - please, for the love of God, STOP PLAYING THIS SONG!!! This song irked me when if first came out because it made me feel icky, especially when Adam Levine's voice starts to crack when he sings "And she WIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL be loved! And she WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL be lo-OVE-ove-ove-OVVVVVEDDDDD!"

I'm sure there will be more to come as I remember them.

-------------
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Originally posted by yutolia yutolia wrote:

*sheepishly raises her hand* I like that song. It just came on the radio.

I can!

"Bubbly" by Colbie Caillat (or however you spell this chick's name) - saccharine, sippy, asinine, sickening claptrap. Who wrote this song? A three year old could write better lyrics.
OMG I know. That song sucks so badly. I mean, seriously. "It makes me crinkle my nose!" Yeah well it make me wanna punch you.
"Lips Of An Angel" by Hinder - I hate hate HATE this song!!!AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry This is another song that should be shot into the sun to disintegrate. Whenever it comes on the radio, I practically give myself a hernia running to change the station.
LOL me too. I wholeheartedly agree with you, this band sucks bootay.
"You're Beautiful" by James 'Go smoke a' Blunt - on the old forum, I made many a mention on how much I hate this song. Now that we're in our new digs, I can reiterate that point. I hate this song. I hate this song! I HATE THIS SONG!!!!!!
The guy= hot. The song=Totally f**king terrible.
"Photograph" by Nickelback - this song gets on my nerves like you wouldn't believe. Chad Kroeger's gravel gargling voice doesn't help matters, either.
This whole band sounds like an orgy of hatred.
"Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne - this song is the equivalent of having 75 rusty screws jammed into your ears; it's that painful to listen to. Loud, screechy and annoying are three words to describe this earsore.
I actually like this song...
"Big Girls Don't Cry" and "Clumsy" by Fergie - I can't escape these songs. I really think they follow me everywhere I go. "Big Girls" is an annoying and stupid piece of sh*t. The writer needs to give the 13 year old they ripped these words from back her diary because that's obviously where this crap came from. And that other song by her makes me want to run amok down 42nd Street with a chainsaw.  I really hate that refrain that you hear 50 million times during it: "Can't HELP it! The GIRL can't HELP it! (Oh baby!)
Can't HELP it! The GIRL can't HELP it! (Oh baby!)" The next radio station or store I'm in that plays that song is going to be the recipient of a Brooklyn Beatdown and soon they'll be singing "Can't HELP it! The GIRL can't HELP (her actions!)"
Clumsy- used to like. Bought the Fergie CD before anyone else had it. Then the radio got to it. Big Girls Don't Cry- what can I say that you haven't already said?
"Apologize" by OneRepublic - if I have to hear this song ONE MORE TIME, there's going to be hell to pay. This song wasn't one of my favorites the first time I heard it and now it has entered Can't Stand It territory because it's been overplayed to the point that even unborn fetuses know the words. And I agree with whoever said that this singer has a whiny voice.
OMG SO AGREEEEE
"She Will Be Loved" by Maroon 5 - please, for the love of God, STOP PLAYING THIS SONG!!! This song irked me when if first came out because it made me feel icky, especially when Adam Levine's voice starts to crack when he sings "And she WIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL be loved! And she WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL be lo-OVE-ove-ove-OVVVVVEDDDDD!"
I love the band, but that song needs to die ASAP.
I'm sure there will be more to come as I remember them.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 9:16pm
Here's more!!

Songs On My iPod That I Have Always Hated But For Some Reason Can't Remove

'Baby Boy'- Beyonce
Not only do I hate this song now, but I never liked it at all. Which is even more confusing as to why it's on my iPod in the first place. But whatever. Anyway what makes this song so bad is Sean Paul spewing his asinine vocals into the song randomly. He honestly sounds like he is mentally challenged.

'Somebody's Watching Me'- Rockwell
Once upon a time, I loved this song. Now, it's just like, "NOBODY IS WATCHING YOU, Rockwell! You are not even that great anyway! I used to think YOU sang the chorus and I used to think, 'Wow, that guy sounds just like Michael Jackson' but it IS MICHAEL JACKSON! That means you do no singing whatsoever in the song! You made my whole life from ages 8-13 a LIE!!!!"

'Change the World'- Eric Clapton
I have about five Eric Clapton songs on my iPod. The only Eric Clapton song I actually like is "I Shot the Sheriff". None of those five songs are "I Shot The Sheriff".
Anyway this song is so idiotic. Everyone tells me it's so good. I'm sorry, but all I hear when I listen to it is "If I could... chaayyy-ee-ange the worllllddd...I would be the sunlight in your universe!" That doesn't even make sense Eric. Epic Fail.
Actually I do like "White Room". And that other song. I'm gonna have to borrow my dad's Greatest Hits CD...

'Bittersweet Symphony'- The Verve
1. I think this song is wannabe meaningful and deep.
2. The refrain gets a little annoying.
3. I am never in the right mood to listen to this song. I mean, it's such a downer. "Cuz it's a bittersweet symphony, that's life. You work too hard, you're a slave to money, then you die." Catchy little tune there.

'Pocketful of Sunshine'- Natasha Bedingfield
Okay, I HATE THIS SONG. I don't know why I even put it on here. But yeah, Natasha Bedingfield cannot sing. Everyone thinks she's so great and a great songwriter. But go listen to a Hilary Duff CD and you'll see that it sounds pretty much the same. I actually prefer Hilary infinitely to her.

'Hero/Heroine'- Boys Like Girls
1. This band sucks ass.
2. Every preppy girl listens to them thinking they're into emo music.
3. Every preppy girl is like "OMGZ THIS IS ME & MY BOYFRIEND'S SONG LULZ"

'A Thousand Miles'- Vanessa Carlton
She sounds like a five-year-old. She should just go be a pianist because she can't sing.

-------------

Posted By: Tiz
Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 11:57pm
Someone mentioned Billy Ray Cyrus. "Achy Breaky Heart" is horrible.Dead 

Posted By: Skerlnik
Date Posted: 24 May 2008 at 12:16am

One song by Boston would've been enough.

Boston only made one song.  Really, every song I have ever heard from them was identical.  There are other settings for guitars and amps, and more than a few other chords.  Really.  Look it up, guys!

Distortion pedals are great, but that really shouldn''t be the sole feature of your sound.

-------------
"Oh, bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

Date Posted: 24 May 2008 at 12:24am
I probably can't really complain about Boston only having made one song.  Hell, I LOVED the Ramones!!

Date Posted: 24 May 2008 at 12:36am

'Pocketful of Sunshine'- Natasha Bedingfield
Okay, I HATE THIS SONG. I don't know why I even put it on here. But yeah, Natasha Bedingfield cannot sing. Everyone thinks she's so great and a great songwriter. But go listen to a Hilary Duff CD and you'll see that it sounds pretty much the same. I actually prefer Hilary infinitely to her.

'Hero/Heroine'- Boys Like Girls
1. This band sucks ass.
2. Every preppy girl listens to them thinking they're into emo music.
3. Every preppy girl is like "OMGZ THIS IS ME & MY BOYFRIEND'S SONG LULZ"

+2 for mentioning those songs. I pretended to stand Bedingfeld, but couldn't. To add, that music video is the worst of this year yet.

More artists:

James Blunt. He went to the trouble of going to Top Gear, the best show ever, just to say that he has a Lada and for Jeremy Clarkson to crck witty jokes.

Britney Spears: The only reason she is alive today is because of Chris Crocker.

Linkin Park: They sucked at first, but now they are hazardous material when converting to boy band.

Kidz Bop: They are a scheme to end humanity, and they did ruin some of the worst songs created.

The Hit Crew: A cash-in by a third-party. They label themselves as party music, but their cheap imitations make listening to police sirens all night fun.

Date Posted: 24 May 2008 at 1:39am
http://www.blender.com/guide/artist.aspx?id=917 - UNCLE KRACKER
“Follow Me” 2000

Sleaze-rap DJ goes solo, blows like Hootie

Worst Moment Knowing every rhyme before it happens — the first time you hear the song.

MR. MISTER
“Broken Wings” 1985

The thoroughly nasty sound of yuppie angst

“Broken Wings” is primarily annoying not for its anodyne mid-’80s production, nor for its lyrics, which make its central protagonist sound like someone you would seek a restraining order against (“You’re half of the flesh, and blood makes me whole,” he sings, reaching for the duct tape and the nail gun). It’s primarily annoying because it’s a four-minute intro with no song attached. When the booming drums finally kick in, they announce the arrival not of a fantastic chorus or an epic finale, but the greatest anticlimax in pop, featuring what can only be described as a synth bass solo.

Worst Moment The synth bass solo.

http://www.blender.com/guide/artist.aspx?id=1661 - CHICAGO
“You’re the Inspiration” 1984

And you thought the Cubs were the biggest losers in this town? Wrong!

It’s hard to believe, but at one point Chicago were a fairly well-respected rock band. Then Peter Cetera joined, and they jettisoned any remaining street cred in favor of soft-rock ballads your grandmother would deem harmless. In this, their most egregious offense, Cetera’s gratingly affected and overmodulated vocals float over 1984 standard-issue electric piano, and a nation of greasy, awkward seventh graders slow-danced for the very first time.

Worst Moment That power-rock drum fill before the second verse, apparently designed to mollify hatas who thought the band had lost its edge.

4 NON BLONDES
“What’s Up?” 1993

To grunge what “I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing” was to the Woodstock Generation Whenever a new genre comes along, one thing is guaranteed: Sooner or later someone will reduce its values to platitudes, then set them to music so trite you could use it to sell soft drinks. “What’s Up?” stapled grunge angst to the AOR that grunge was supposed to stamp out, then added the remarkable vocals of Linda Perry, a woman so tormented by what she referred to as her “lahf” — which she had apparently spent trying to climb that “heeyuhl of howp” — that she had invented her own accent.

Worst Moment The first chorus, in which Perry unleashes the one thing ’90s rock had lacked to that point: yodeling.

“Invisible” 2003
Bad haircut. Worse song!

It’s not just the schmaltzy play for loser pity (“If I was invisible — wait, I already am”). It’s not just the ridiculously purple lyrics. And it’s not just the thought of Aiken’s eternally asymmetrical porcupine ’do quivering as he soars into a high note. It’s the whole hey-girl-I-want-to-watch-you-while-you-think-you’re-alone-in-your-bedroom thing that transforms this song from a merely mediocre ballad to a disturbing voyeur fantasy, filling your head with images of Aiken downloading porn and thinking bad things about that girl from homeroom. What lurks in the hearts of lonely geeks? Clay Aiken knows, and it’s not pretty.

Worst Moment “I wish you could touch me with the colors of your life.”

-------------

Date Posted: 24 May 2008 at 1:52am
Okay, that last post was lifted from a very funny Blender article. Forgot to mention that.

Here's more of my own list.

http://www.popculturemadness.com/Music/Lyrics/NeverBeenToMe.html - I've Never Been To Me - Charlene
"I've seen things a woman shouldn't see." Suuuurrrreee you have.
http://www.popculturemadness.com/Music/Lyrics/MuskratLove.html - Muskrat Love - Captain and Tenille
Is this all some illicit sexual innuendo?
http://www.popculturemadness.com/Music/Lyrics/SometimesTouch.html - Sometimes When We Touch - Dan Hill
Sometimes when we touch, I feel the urge to punch you because you're a pussy. Why don't you man up and grow a pair, Dan Hill?
http://www.popculturemadness.com/Music/Lyrics/Disco-Duck.html - Disco Duck - Rick Dees
You can't make it on novelty alone.
http://www.popculturemadness.com/Music/Lyrics/Light-Up-My-Life.html - You Light Up My Life - Debbie Boone
This song makes me think, "Hey, you know what? f**k my life."
http://www.popculturemadness.com/Music/Lyrics/Unfaithful.html - Unfaithful - Rihanna
She whines the whole song. And I LIKE Rihanna.
http://www.popculturemadness.com/Music/Lyrics/Escape-Rupert-Holmes.html - Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes
He left out the part where their marriage is a shambles, at the end. God this song is depressing.
It's Not Over-Daughtry
Why can't it be? That'd be nice.
You're Havin' My Baby by Paul Anka
Wow. Remind me to NEVER HAVE PAUL ANKA'S CHILD.
(I Just) Died in Your Arms Tonight - Cutting Crew'
Why is this a bad song? I'll tell why why. "AH-EE! AH JUST DAH-EED IN YO AHMS TANI-EET!"
Billy Don't Be A Hero
It's in my head right now!! OH GOD! "Bil-LY don't be a heee-RO!"
It's Raining Men - The Weather Girls
Did they set out to make the cougar anthem?
Dammit Isn't God's Last Name - Frankie Laine
I hate this God damn song.
"Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle
Well, not to be indelicate, but just hearing a few bars of this song makes me get my period.

-------------

Posted By: aleen
Date Posted: 24 May 2008 at 12:21pm
Illegal Alien by Genesis

Mr. Roboto by Styx

There's some dreadful song that I sometimes hear in a cheesy restaurant or clothing store and it basically just goes, "I DON'T WANNA BE IN LOVE I DON'T WANNA BE IN LOVE...." what seems like over and over

Anything by Beyonce or Shania Twain

I'm sure I'll think of more!

-------------
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial

Date Posted: 24 May 2008 at 4:38pm
OMG YES! Shania Twain is part of my Axis of Evil!!!!

-------------

Posted By: 8 Track Single
Date Posted: 25 May 2008 at 12:31pm

I actually liked Mad Magazine's lyrics to We Built This City much better than the original song by Starship.  We built this city/On an Indian graveyard/And told nobody/That we built this city on an Indian graveyard

Incidentally, the song about the horse that was mentioned on this thread is actually Horse With No Name by America--a very simple first tune to play on acoustic guitar, but that's its only redeeming value.  America also made Muskrat Love, which was later remade by The Captain and Tenille. 

Who could forget Afternoon Delight by Starland Vocal Band?  How in the f**k did David Letterman manage to associate himself with this musical travesty? 

Other least favorite tunes: 

Anything made by KISS after God Gave Rock & Roll 2U

Gimme Some Money--Spinal Tap
A wretched attempt to sound like The Beatles!

Tainted Love--Soft Cell
Especially sounds bad when mixed with the remake of The Supremes' Where Did Our Love Go?

Any song performed by The Simpsons on their album releases or TV show!  Just because Homer and company have the longest-lasting animated series does not excuse them from making wretched music! 

He's Misstra Know It All--Stevie Wonder and Isn't It A Pity--George Harrison
Both are wretched B-sides of well-known hits Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder and My Sweet Lord by George Harrison which have fade-outs lasting at least one minute. 

Posted By: Jimmy
Date Posted: 25 May 2008 at 2:24pm
Touch My Body, by Mariah Carey . Sorry luv, but not even with a ten foot pole would I think of touching you.

I detest her!

-------------
One man gathers what another man spills

Date Posted: 25 May 2008 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by 8 Track Single 8 Track Single wrote:

Anything made by KISS after God Gave Rock & Roll 2U

Found their version on Youtube.  I never heard it before.  It's not bad, but I like the original better.

Date Posted: 25 May 2008 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Touch My Body, by Mariah Carey . Sorry luv, but not even with a ten foot pole would I think of touching you.

I detest her!

She's one of those people whose music doesn't even register for me.  All that screaming is incredibly annoying. 

And, for some reason, that style caught on.  Even on American Idol, every singer thinks they have to out-do, out-scream, and over-emote every goddamned song they cover.  No matter how inappropriate for the song, every song is done as if they're about to be beheaded and are pleading for their lives.

Date Posted: 25 May 2008 at 4:04pm
...but wait! There's MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TheRtQC5RfY - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TheRtQC5RfY

DeadDeadDead

-------------
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Date Posted: 25 May 2008 at 4:23pm

...but wait! There's MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TheRtQC5RfY - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TheRtQC5RfY

DeadDeadDead

It just amazes me the crap that such people go for.

Date Posted: 25 May 2008 at 6:23pm
"I Got My Mind Set On You" by George Harrison, in all seriousness, SHOULD be on here, due to the fact that it barely has any other words. But I like that song because it's so darn catchy.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2008 at 1:31am
Minnie Riperton's Loving You was made even worse because it became a Burger King commercial promoting the Cinna-Minis!  I would not want to be hearing that song over the BK loudspeaker while eating Cinna-Minis at breakfast. 

Posted By: NiteRaidah
Date Posted: 26 May 2008 at 3:18am

Rush...pop?  Surely you jest.  Maybe in the 80s & 90s, but that 70s material was pretty ass-kicking, as far as high-voiced nerd metal goes.

Also, for AC/DC, just pick up Back In Black and Highway To Hell.  Them's the essentials, as far as I'm concerned.  Sure, they had other good records & songs, but those two are the epitome of the wildly diverse AC/DC sound.

-------------
I have 168 characters remaining.

Date Posted: 26 May 2008 at 3:28am

Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Touch My Body, by Mariah Carey . Sorry luv, but not even with a ten foot pole would I think of touching you. I detest her!

She's one of those people whose music doesn't even register for me.  All that screaming is incredibly annoying. 

And, for some reason, that style caught on.  Even on American Idol, every singer thinks they have to out-do, out-scream, and over-emote every goddamned song they cover.  No matter how inappropriate for the song, every song is done as if they're about to be beheaded and are pleading for their lives.

Precisely why I detest her!

Her music is wretched, and I think she looks like a worn out, used up skank.

I NEVER thought she was attractive in the slightest fashion.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2008 at 12:49pm

Okay, that last post was lifted from a very funny Blender article. Forgot to mention that.

Here's more of my own list.

http://www.popculturemadness.com/Music/Lyrics/NeverBeenToMe.html - I've Never Been To Me - Charlene
"I've seen things a woman shouldn't see." Suuuurrrreee you have.
http://www.popculturemadness.com/Music/Lyrics/MuskratLove.html - Muskrat Love - Captain and Tenille
Is this all some illicit sexual innuendo?
http://www.popculturemadness.com/Music/Lyrics/SometimesTouch.html - Sometimes When We Touch - Dan Hill
Sometimes when we touch, I feel the urge to punch you because you're a pussy. Why don't you man up and grow a pair, Dan Hill?
http://www.popculturemadness.com/Music/Lyrics/Disco-Duck.html - Disco Duck - Rick Dees
You can't make it on novelty alone.
http://www.popculturemadness.com/Music/Lyrics/Light-Up-My-Life.html - You Light Up My Life - Debbie Boone
This song makes me think, "Hey, you know what? f**k my life."
http://www.popculturemadness.com/Music/Lyrics/Unfaithful.html - Unfaithful - Rihanna
She whines the whole song. And I LIKE Rihanna.
http://www.popculturemadness.com/Music/Lyrics/Escape-Rupert-Holmes.html - Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes
He left out the part where their marriage is a shambles, at the end. God this song is depressing.
It's Not Over-Daughtry
Why can't it be? That'd be nice.
You're Havin' My Baby by Paul Anka
Wow. Remind me to NEVER HAVE PAUL ANKA'S CHILD.
(I Just) Died in Your Arms Tonight - Cutting Crew'
Why is this a bad song? I'll tell why why. "AH-EE! AH JUST DAH-EED IN YO AHMS TANI-EET!"
Billy Don't Be A Hero
It's in my head right now!! OH GOD! "Bil-LY don't be a heee-RO!"
It's Raining Men - The Weather Girls
Did they set out to make the cougar anthem?
Dammit Isn't God's Last Name - Frankie Laine
I hate this God damn song.
"Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle
Well, not to be indelicate, but just hearing a few bars of this song makes me get my period.

I've Never Been To Me...wasn't that also the title of Homer Simpson's autobiography? 
Virtually every song by Rupert Holmes is a masterpiece of travesty...remember the follow-up song, Him
The Hallelujah Tabernacle Choir on WKRP actually did a better rendition of You're Having My Baby than Paul Anka did himself! 
I can't believe you left off Feelings...the most wretched song on the planet.  FEEEE-LINGS....WHOA, WHOA, WHOA...FEEEE-LINGS....

Posted By: Skippy
Date Posted: 26 May 2008 at 3:32pm
Are we referring to poor quality songs that make you wonder how they made it as far as they did, or songs we don't like?

If it is the first:
Muskrat Love- I remember hearing that this was a horrible song, and it wasn't until about 2 years ago that I heard it for the first time. What is up with that cassette rewinding noise?

Benny and the Jets- I like most of Elton John's stuff, but I just can't figure out why they still play this song 30 years later, when I can't imagine it being all that great in the first place.

Most wedding reception songs- The Electric Slide comes to mind. Does anybody listen to this song at any other time?

Just about any song made in 1995- They almost sound the same (i.e. Blues Traveler)

Just about any song you hear at the supermarket. I guess the songs were so bad that the royalties that Muzak pays  are dirt cheap. 

If the latter:
Oh What a Night, December 1963
Pina Colada song and Margaritaville
We Are Family

Date Posted: 26 May 2008 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Skibibbles Skibibbles wrote:

Benny and the Jets- I like most of Elton John's stuff, but I just can't figure out why they still play this song 30 years later, when I can't imagine it being all that great in the first place.

You obviously never listened to it while tripping on windowpane acid that weekend in 1974.

Posted By: Skippy
Date Posted: 26 May 2008 at 6:41pm

You obviously never listened to it while tripping on windowpane acid that weekend in 1974.

I couldn't remember to well- I spent the second half of 1974 in the womb.

Date Posted: 26 May 2008 at 7:11pm
I hope Mom wasn't tripping with us at the time.  It DID happen in Colonia, right off of Inman Ave.  LOL

Date Posted: 26 May 2008 at 11:46pm

She's got electric boots! A mohair suit! I read it in a magazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2008 at 12:24am
I remember all those little piano flourishes just sort of nipping at my brain that night.  Good stuff!

Posted By: IHaveStandards
Date Posted: 27 May 2008 at 6:25am

Hands down, it's gotta be: (B-B-B-B-Baby You Just) Ain't Seen Nothing Yet, or anything else by Bachman Turner Overdrive (which is pretty much the same song, since everything they did sounded the same). BTO had three or four top 40s from the same progression of the same three guitar chords.

I always figured if one of BTO's band members suddenly fell ill during a live concert, no problem--every third or fourth person in the audience knew enough guitar to fill in flawlessly for the rest of the night.

-------------
There is none so blind as he who will not see. -- Ray Stevens

Date Posted: 27 May 2008 at 2:54pm

Prior to BTO (and here comes my useless music trivia knowledge), two of the main guys in BTO had a lotta hits in the 1960's (American Woman, No Time, Undun, Laughing, and others) as The Guess Who.

I liked them better then.

Oh...and Lenny Kravitz did a cover of American Woman a few years ago.

Date Posted: 27 May 2008 at 3:58pm
Back for more!

"Without You" by Harry Nilssen - I especially hate when he starts screeching the chorus as if someone has his balls in a vice grip. "Cahn't LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE if living is without you!"

"Sunglasses At Night" by Corey Hart - this song sucks donkey dick. I hated it when I was a little girl and I still hate it. They should change the lyrics to "I wear my sunglasses at night so I can, so I can, hide just how stoned I really am!"

"Hero" by Enrique Iglasias (or however you spell it) and the other one by Chad Kroeger (Nickelback) and Josie Wales (Saliva) - they are two totally different songs with the same name but they both are horrible.

Anything by the band Tool - this band sucks because they are boring to listen to and all of their songs sound the same and their songs are way too long, which sucks because they are boring to listen to and all of their songs sound the same and their songs are way too long, which sucks because they are boring to listen to...

Anything by My Chemical Romance and Panic At The Disco - these "bands" make me physically ill. Total wannabes, especially MCR. They should play their songs in torture chambers on a continuous loop; after about an hour of listening to this crap, detainees will spill all secrets in an attempt to stop the music.

Kat, you are too funny! Most of the songs you hate are songs that I hate, too. Like:

"Sometimes When We Touch" by Dan Hill - what you said about it had me laughing like a loon at my desk at work (I swear I'm going to get fired one day). I don't need to add to it because you've said it all!

"Unfaithful" by Rihanna - I can't take the way she whines this song. The first time I heard it, I literally started squirming in my chair and cringing. By the time she got to the chorus, I was covering my ears and pleading with my friend to change the station.

"(I Just) Died In Your Arms" by Cutting Crew - I hated this song when I was little and I still can't stand it.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2008 at 5:00pm
And even MORE useless rock and roll trivia:

When BTO went in to the studio to record "Baby, you Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" - they did the "B-B-B-B-Baby you just ain't seen N-N-N-Noting yet" part as a goof because their producer? manager? had a bad stutter and they were merely mocking him. On playback, they liked the sound so much, they kept it. And thus, a hit was born.

(Told you it was useless).

On a different note, I can distinctly remember my mom barging in to my bedroom (I shared with 2 other sisters) and screaming at us to "Lower that God forsaken BERNIE AND THE CHIMPS" (yes, mom was a lyric twister and that was her interpretaiton of "Bennie and the Jets")

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2008 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

...On a different note, I can distinctly remember my mom barging in to my bedroom (I shared with 2 other sisters) and screaming at us to "Lower that God forsaken "BERNIE AND THE CHIMPS" (yes, mom was a lyric twister and that was her interpretaiton of "Bennie and the Jets")

LOL!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2008 at 5:10pm

...On a different note, I can distinctly remember my mom barging in to my bedroom (I shared with 2 other sisters) and screaming at us to "Lower that God forsaken "BERNIE AND THE CHIMPS" (yes, mom was a lyric twister and that was her interpretaiton of "Bennie and the Jets")

LOL!!!

Why, what a great idea for a new thread:

Look for: Song Lyrics You Totally Screwed up! LOL

-------------

Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 28 May 2008 at 5:05am
"Everybody Likes Kung Fu Fiiighting" AHHHHH! I hate this song the singer sucks, the music sucks, I can't get it out of my head, and it seems every advertiser in the world wants to bring back this song from the grave, give it a rest already, the era of karate being a big thing in pop culture is dead already MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Posted By: Hezadancer
Date Posted: 28 May 2008 at 5:56am
Hate hate HATE "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis. Worst chorus ever.

God, if I hear it on one more person's myspace I'll go crazy, this song is just awful.  She can't pronounce anything and I don't give a sh*t if shes "Bleeding Love" wtf does that even mean?  I can't stand her sucked in cheeks face, she looks like she had plastic surgery but she probably didn't.  Also the only reason shes famous is she won British Idol I believe, Simon Cowell is behind her, milking his little cash cow for all shes worth.

Come on, 55 million you tube video views? You've got to be sh*tting me....no one has taste in music anymore.  http://youtube.com/watch?v=sF84pIhP5UM - http://youtube.com/watch?v=sF84pIhP5UM

Date Posted: 28 May 2008 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

"Everybody Likes Kung Fu Fiiighting" AHHHHH!...
Slap yourself and go sit in the corner for 30 minutes for reminding everyone about that piece of garbage! Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2008 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Hate hate HATE "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis. Worst chorus ever.

God, if I hear it on one more person's myspace I'll go crazy, this song is just awful.  She can't pronounce anything and I don't give a sh*t if shes "Bleeding Love" wtf does that even mean?  I can't stand her sucked in cheeks face, she looks like she had plastic surgery but she probably didn't.  Also the only reason shes famous is she won British Idol I believe, Simon Cowell is behind her, milking his little cash cow for all shes worth.

Come on, 55 million you tube video views? You've got to be sh*tting me....no one has taste in music anymore.  http://youtube.com/watch?v=sF84pIhP5UM - http://youtube.com/watch?v=sF84pIhP5UM

Okay I love you.

IDK how I could have forgotten this song, but I guess I did.
Not to mention the fact that she CAN'T SING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At all!!!!!!!!!!!!
She makes me have bleeding ears!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2008 at 8:38pm

Slap yourself and go sit in the corner for 30 minutes for reminding everyone about that piece of garbage! Wink

LOLLOLLOL and yank a fistful of hair out while you're at it because NOW GASHDAMMIT I cannot get this song out of my head.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 May 2008 at 1:55am

LOLLOLLOL and yank a fistful of hair out while you're at it because NOW GASHDAMMIT I cannot get this song out of my head.

...and stick your head in a garbage can, because I mentally keep hearing the opening intro to this lamebrained song!  Big%20smile

Date Posted: 29 May 2008 at 2:21am
Midnight at the oasis!!DeadDeadDead

Date Posted: 29 May 2008 at 3:12am
Big Momma!  I kid you not.  I had that playing in my car (on a CD mix that I made) just this afternoon.  I was thinking it was one of those songs that gets a bad rap but that I like anyway.  And I figured I'd mention it in the Good Songs thread.  Now I don't have to.  LOL

I think it came on before or after another such song---Ventura Highway by America.

Date Posted: 29 May 2008 at 3:31am
I love America! Lots of great sing along songs! You HAVE to admit, Midnight at the oasis IS pretty cheesy!" Cactus is our friend, he'll point out the way" One of my friends and I used to sing it loudly and badly while we were cooking!

Posted By: SokMunkie
Date Posted: 30 May 2008 at 3:26am
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

There's some dreadful song that I sometimes hear in a cheesy restaurant or clothing store and it basically just goes, "I DON'T WANNA BE IN LOVE I DON'T WANNA BE IN LOVE...." what seems like over and over

That's "I Don't Wanna Be In Love" by Good Charlotte.  I kinda like it.

I agree with "Bleeding Love".  I didn't really start to loathe it until a radio station I listen to started playing it twice an hour.

Date Posted: 30 May 2008 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

I love America! Lots of great sing along songs! You HAVE to admit, Midnight at the oasis IS pretty cheesy!" Cactus is our friend, he'll point out the way" One of my friends and I used to sing it loudly and badly while we were cooking!

Yeah, it's kinda cheesy.  But that never stopped me before.  I decided long ago, that whatever strikes me the right way, I'll like.  Even if it's rap.  I have an Eminem CD.  LOL

Date Posted: 30 May 2008 at 4:43pm

...Midnight at the oasis IS pretty cheesy! "Cactus is our friend, he'll point out the way..."
Now YOU go sit in the stinkin' corner, BM!
I actually LIKED Maria Muldar until that song - for THAT very (stupid, stupid and unecessary) line...now I can't get THAT song out of my mind!!!Cry

-------------

Posted By: IHaveStandards
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 1:28am

Prior to BTO (and here comes my useless music trivia knowledge), two of the main guys in BTO had a lotta hits in the 1960's (American Woman, No Time, Undun, Laughing, and others) as The Guess Who.

I liked them better then.

Oh...and Lenny Kravitz did a cover of American Woman a few years ago.

When my son was in middle school, there was an Asian girl in his class named Mihi (pronounced mee-hee). One of his friends, who probably had a crush on her, would sing whenever she was around: "American woman, stay away from Mihi..."

Kids can be cruel.

-------------
There is none so blind as he who will not see. -- Ray Stevens

Posted By: thewalkindude
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 2:45am
Anything by the early nineties trilogy of crappy rap: MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice and Gerardo. Especially Gerardo. Can't touch This and Ice Ice Baby aren't quite god-awful, but Rico Suave is the worst piece of rap I have ever heard.

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 8:27pm
Yes, but if there had been no Rico Suave, then there never would have been Weird Al's Taco Grande!

Many times I think that his parodies are the only way that these songs are in any way redeemable.

-------------
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com

Posted By: thewalkindude
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 11:39pm
Off The Deep End is one of the few albums of his I don't have.

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 1:08am
There's a popular song out now that pisses me off every time I hear it.

BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY by Fergie

I HATE it!

I can't stand how weepy her voice is, and the song takes forever to finish.

She is another "Pop-star", or "R&B" hip-hop crossover that has an extremely limited amount of talent, and she's not the prettiest apple in the basket either.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 2:12am

...Midnight at the oasis IS pretty cheesy! "Cactus is our friend, he'll point out the way..."
Now YOU go sit in the stinkin' corner, BM!
I actually LIKED Maria Muldar until that song - for THAT very (stupid, stupid and unecessary) line...now I can't get THAT song out of my mind!!!Cry

HA! I aint sittin' in no stinkin' corner pa!!!!Tongue LOL

Posted By: The Random Classic
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 4:25am
Never Gonna Give You Up-Rick Assley (I Did That On Purpose)Good Lord I Hate That Song...And The ANNOYING AS HELL Rick Roll......To Think Ashley Tisdale Did A Cover Of This....Dead

-------------
Commercials I Hate Rules!!!!

"Why does Godzilla care about subway?"-Hezadancer

"Cats are animals.Their brains are the size of Milk Duds."-Kat

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 5:56pm
Any song from Thank God It's Friday or Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band that was NOT mentioned as the best songs heard in the other thread definitely belongs in the ash heap of popular culture. 

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 5:12pm
Here's Celine Dion doing a cover of AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long:

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 5:41pm
OMG, Thor, I think I'm going to have nightmares now...CryAngry

-------------
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 6:10pm
Thor, can I send you my doctor bill for profusely bleeding from my ear canals???

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 8:23pm

As a Canadian, I feel compelled to apologize on behalf of my country for subjecting you all to Celine Dion.  Sorry.

I once saw a funny quote about Celine Dion's version of this song:  "Changing the line to "HIS American thighs" sounds extra funny, as I'm sure as good looking thighs go, American men likely rank somewhere between 80s era Soviet women's shot-putters and those giant summer sausages you buy at Hickory Farms."  LOLLOLLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

As a Canadian, I feel compelled to apologize on behalf of my country for subjecting you all to Celine Dion.  Sorry.

I once saw a funny quote about Celine Dion's version of this song:  "Changing the line to "HIS American thighs" sounds extra funny, as I'm sure as good looking thighs go, American men likely rank somewhere between 80s era Soviet women's shot-putters and those giant summer sausages you buy at Hickory Farms."  LOLLOLLOL

ROFL. Thanks for that, Aleen.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 9:04pm
But wait a second, the lyric is "those American thighs". She didn't need to change it.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 6:16am
OH...EM...GEE!!!! That was the absolute worst thing I've ever seen! BTW, who's the drag queen who came out to sing with her?

-------------

Posted By: Luanne89
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 4:30am
Every single popular rap song,  especially those that have an assigned dance to them.

"I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry.  We got it the first time, no need to repeat it 100000 more times.

"Love Shack" by the B-52s.  This just annoys the hell out of me!  It seems to be a staple at every single supermarket.

"American Pie" by Don Mclean.  It keeps going..and going..and going..and every time you think it will end..it keeps going.

Jonas Bros./Miley Cyrus/Disney Crap.  Do I even have to give a reason?

Makes Me Wonder by Maroon 5.   The dude sounds like he has yet to hit puberty.  All he does is boast about his sexual prowess.

"It's too late to apooolloogiiiiIIIIIIZZZEEE...EHHH...EHHH...EHHH" 

All of these new emo songs.  Whiny, whiny, whiny.

"Bleed It Out" - Linkin Park.  I used to love these guys, but the chorus  just  makes me go wtf??  "I bleed  it out dig it deeper just to throw it away."  It sounds like a theme song for every girl on her period! 

Every Kylie Minogue song.

New Mariah Carey stuff.  She just needs to away and act her age.

All of the songs by the "I'm foreign, so I'm sexy" rappers.  *cough* Daddy Yankee, Sean Paul, etc. *cough*

A song by Five for Fighting.  I don't know the real lyrics, but it sounds like "I'm more than a bird.  I shed a red sheep.  I'm more than a pretty man on the street.  It's not easy to be meeeeee."  Poor, poor sensitive soft rock guy.

A song by Enrique Iglesias that I can't remember right now.

The song by that girl who's Bleeding Love.  Everyone loved her for some reason.

"I Would Do Anything For Love" Meatloaf.  No offense, but this song just makes me laugh.  It's so dramatic, but you never really know what the "that" is.

Macarena.  This is not a good song when you have absolutely no rhythm whatsoever.  Plus, I hate that annoying "GRAH" sound.

Every Celine Dion/Whitney Houston song ever made.

"F-R-E-E that spells free, Free Credit Report.com babyyyyy"

Last but not least, the song on the E-surance commercial, "It's OK to be yourself.  It's OK to be yourself.  It's OK to release your parruful parru, and it feeeells goooooooot."  That's what it sounds like to me.

Whew, I'm done now. Smile

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Luanne89 Luanne89 wrote:

"I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry.  We got it the first time, no need to repeat it 100000 more times.

I wanted to post about this song, but the thread seemed dead. I can't STAND this f*cking song and I HATE Katy Perry. Not only is it completely hard on the ears, but it was written as an anthem for all the young trashy kids out there to yell loudly I KISSED A GIRL AND I LIKED IT ZOMG. It was written and sang for the soul purpose of being fake edgy and "omg-I'm-so-hot check-this-I'm-a-lesbian-but-not-really-because-I-have-a-boyfriend-I-just-want-to-sound-naughty-and-sell-records-then-fade-into-obscurity."
PHEW! It didn't work for Tatu, and it sure as hell aint working for you. And if you think it was just a one time stupid song, oh no, she has another song called "ur so gay", and thats the exact spelling. Worst of all, in 2001 she released a Christian album under a different name. Katy Perry, please do yourself and your "fans", all 12 of them, a favor and sew your mouth shut so you can't sing any more stupid semi homosexual songs.

This was one of the funnier anti Katy articles titled "Katy Perry Ruins Everything"
http://somethingawful.com/d/garbage-day/katy-perry-gay.php - http://somethingawful.com/d/garbage-day/katy-perry-gay.php

Posted By: Luanne89
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 1:15am

I wanted to post about this song, but the thread seemed dead. I can't STAND this f*cking song and I HATE Katy Perry. Not only is it completely hard on the ears, but it was written as an anthem for all the young trashy kids out there to yell loudly I KISSED A GIRL AND I LIKED IT ZOMG. It was written and sang for the soul purpose of being fake edgy and "omg-I'm-so-hot check-this-I'm-a-lesbian-but-not-really-because-I-have-a-boyfriend-I-just-want-to-sound-naughty-and-sell-records-then-fade-into-obscurity."
PHEW! It didn't work for Tatu, and it sure as hell aint working for you. And if you think it was just a one time stupid song, oh no, she has another song called "ur so gay", and thats the exact spelling. Worst of all, in 2001 she released a Christian album under a different name. Katy Perry, please do yourself and your "fans", all 12 of them, a favor and sew your mouth shut so you can't sing any more stupid semi homosexual songs.

This was one of the funnier anti Katy articles titled "Katy Perry Ruins Everything"
http://somethingawful.com/d/garbage-day/katy-perry-gay.php - http://somethingawful.com/d/garbage-day/katy-perry-gay.php

Seriously, she's just posing as the "I'm an edgy experimental girl" to sell albums, and those "fans" of hers are mostly teenage boys who are like "OMG LESBIANS ARE HAWWWTTT"  or, as you said, trashy youngsters.    Last time I checked, music was supposed to come from your heart.  I guess I'm just old fashioned that way...  Btw the article was right on.  It says she has a song called "Ur So Gay"? Gah, I hate it when people use that word as an insult.  I better stop now before I go into a full-fledged rant.

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2008 at 3:11am

Seriously, she's just posing as the "I'm an edgy experimental girl" to sell albums, and those "fans" of hers are mostly teenage boys who are like "OMG LESBIANS ARE HAWWWTTT"  or, as you said, trashy youngsters.   

While on the drive through South Carolina on my move last night my iPod went dead and I was forced to seek through the radio for something to listen to. Of course, I find a nice station that actually comes in clear and WHAT is the next song they play? A request from some dude who sounded high for "I kissed a girl". I nearly slammed my head into the steering wheel.

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 4:15pm
I posted this song a long time ago on CIH, but in case you haven't heard it...

Remembering Laci (a tribute to Laci Peterson):

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 7:12am
Aw Thor, why'd ya have to bring THAT up again?! DeadConfused

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 3:48pm
There's this new song out by Kid Rock called "All Summer Long" that samples "Werewolves Of London" that sounds awful. Typical redneck crap. Warren Zevon must be rolling around in his grave.

And if I have to hear that GAWD AWFUL "I Kissed A Girl" song one more time, it'll be crazy-chainsaw-wielding-while-running-amok-down-Times-Square time again. I HATE THAT SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------

Posted By: msmith
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 5:13pm
"Angel" by Sarah McLachlin.  I like her old stuff (like Vox, etc), but this one just never seems to get going.  Can we make it illegal to play this on whatever station is playing in the office before massive doses of caffeine start to take effect?

"My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion.  I think stations were trying to see if the laser could burn a hole through the CD when this was out.  I think it was aired more than many commercials.

"Believe" by Cher.  Ugh.  Not only was it overplayed, but that effect they did.  Made me want to scrape my eardrums out with a rusty oyster fork.  A steaming heap sung by a woman with more plastic than a Visa card.

"Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton.  Hate the guitar sound on this one.  Its another one that should not be played until the caffeine kicks in.

"I Kissed a Girl" by Katie Perry.  Who told her she could sing?  Besides, I seem to remember another song by the same name by someone else ages ago on an episode of 'Beavis & Butthead'.

"The Pina Colada Song".  Its so funny that I was going to cheat on my wife, and then I find out that she was going to cheat on me too!  HA HA HA, we love each other.  Infidelity is so much fun!!!

Anything from Lionel Ritchie, just because he gave us Nicole.  Thats reason enough.

99.9% of rap that you hear booming out of someone's trunk in the next city.

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 10:14pm
I...I...I don't think this is a song...it CAN'T be! Please - somebody shoot me and put me out of my misery...I accidently stunbled on this again - and I CAN'T get it out of my mind!!!

...as my Dear, sweet Mother has always told me, "...now remember, PaW, remember - it is ALWAYS good to share!"...

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 10:19pm
That was bad, Pa.

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 10:25pm

That was bad, Pa. 
Thanks, Thor...always glad to share.
But, well...it IS bad!
REAL BAD.
Possibly the WORST.

-------------

Posted By: Buffalo Bill
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 11:21pm
90% of all Beatles covers. Yes, I disliked Across the Universe. Burn me. The 10% of Beatles covers that don't suck aren't that great, either.

"Umbrella" by Rihanna is annoying as hell.

"Low" by Flo-Rida... EVERYONE at my school used to sing this sh*t at the beginning of the year.

Basically anything on 95.5.

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Buffalo Bill wrote:

90% of all Beatles covers...
Make that 100%.

'The Beatles' are one of the groups that should NEVER be 'covered' - for one, it simply isn't right.

-------------

Posted By: Buffalo Bill
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 2:02am
Well, some of them aren't downright horrible. A few. Not saying they're good. Just not horrible. The only apparent way to make a Beatles cover sound good is if you play it almost exactly the same way as the original.

Posted By: FootballFreak
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 11:03pm
Rascall Flatts: How many times do I have to hear "my wish for you!!!"

Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, and Brad Paiesly are all becoming annoying. Their songs are played constantly all the time everyday. I can't stand it.

Posted By: NiteRaidah
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 12:17am
If I have not mentioned that irritating, generic shmuck Daughtry on here, I will now.  A pox, a pox, a pox, I say, on him, his band, and the record company which has foisted more than half of his piss-poor album onto the radio.

-------------
I have 168 characters remaining.

Posted By: SokMunkie
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 3:36am

A song by Five for Fighting.  I don't know the real lyrics, but it sounds like "I'm more than a bird.  I shed a red sheep.  I'm more than a pretty man on the street.  It's not easy to be meeeeee."  Poor, poor sensitive soft rock guy.

I'm only a man in a phony red sheet.
I'm only a man looking for a dream.

It's about Superman

Full lyrics: http://www.sing365.com/music/Lyric.nsf/Superman-lyrics-Five-For-Fighting/F884795739CB36C348256AAB000D09EB - http://www.sing365.com/music/Lyric.nsf/Superman-lyrics-Five-For-Fighting/F884795739CB36C348256AAB000D09EB

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 4:21am
Two songs I consider torture:

Secondhand Serenade: Falling for You. YEAGH! I found the worst song of 2008! I wanted to put a random Jonas Brothers song at #1, but I found a song fit for the title! The name itself is :censored: and it is just like "It Ends Tonight", worse lyrics and whiny emo voices included! Sorry Metro Station, if you make a terrible song next year, you could have another chance of getting the title.

The next song: 1-877-Kars-4-Kids. It's a jingle more than a song, but it deserves a mention.

-------------
Closing logos! Now that's something I can watch on TV.

Posted By: Asnotseenontv
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 2:50am
I kissed a girl- Katy Perry- This song just is like a drill to my ears...

Crank Dat Soulja Boy- GOD I HATE THIS SONG. Just the same stupid "lyrics" repeated over and over again that don't even make any sense and a series of motions that don't even count as a legitimate dance- and this CRAP is popular?Dead

Any teenypop/emo bands

Barbie Girl by Aqua- Man I remember when this song was a hit...I was in kindergarten...and looking back, the novelty of the song wears of after 2 listens.

You Spin me Round(Like a Record)- I never liked this song in the first place, but when I heard it when I was exposed to Meatspin, my hatred of the song rose to an all-new level.

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 3:26am
Three more songs:

Love Remains the Same by Gavin Rossdale. There's nothing important in this song. It is so overplayed. Just the perfect song for soccer moms.

Come on Get Higher by Matt Nathanson. Exactly like "Love Remains the Same". It's hard to distinguish those two songs.

I'm Yours by Jason Miraz. Lyrics that can't be understood and his last name means something in another language.

So far, Falling for You is ahead in the Worst Song of 2008 Race.

-------------
Closing logos! Now that's something I can watch on TV.

Posted By: musicman
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2008 at 4:49am
Has anyone mentioned Tiptoe Through the Tulips by Tiny Tim?

I kid you not, I actually heard that song on the radio about a month ago.  Dead

I was in a customer's office.  Not sure what station they had on.

Thanks YouTube you're swell.

It's actually even worse than I remember it.  I remember it being really bad.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2008 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

Has anyone mentioned Tiptoe Through the Tulips by Tiny Tim?

I kid you not, I actually heard that song on the radio about a month ago.  Dead

I was in a customer's office.  Not sure what station they had on.

Thanks YouTube you're swell.

It's actually even worse than I remember it.  I remember it being really bad.

LOL, that must have been weird sitting in an office while that was playing!  And if, for whatever reason, you've felt the need to learn more about Tiny Tim (like I once did, ahem), you'll find that he was a very very very creepy guy!

However, that being said, I'm the type of person who as a joke likes to put library holds in my coworkers' names.  "The Best of Tiny Tim" is a favourite of mine for that!  Same with "Still Hungry After All These Years" by Richard Simmons, or "I Hate to Exercise, I Love to Tap" starring Bonnie Franklin.  It arrives to the library addressed to them personally, and gets put on the holds shelf for everyone in the office to see!  LOL

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk