Print Page | Close Window

Restasis commercial patient and doctor

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television / Streaming Ads
Forum Description: You hate them. Tell us why.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5889
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 11:20am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Restasis commercial patient and doctor
Posted By: sandy345
Subject: Restasis commercial patient and doctor
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 9:25pm
This commercial annoys me for some reason. This woman tells her eye doctor starting with the phrase "here's the thing" and launches into a story about her eyedrops don't help her dry eye. "How long have you used them,' asks the lady doctor. "For quite some time," the patient replies. The doctor says she is writing a prescription for Restasis and all is well. There is also a caption saying the lady eye doctor is a REAL eye doctor. What the heck does "for quite some time" mean--why doesn't the patient tell her two months, three months et al.

Replies:
Posted By: msmadz
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 11:02pm
This lady doctor looks pleasant enough but jumping Jesus on a grapefruit, she sounds like she just swallowed 10 pounds of chalk dust. Her voice is so dry and depressing sounding.

-------------
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Posted By: meinga
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 2:21am
I hate this one too, for the reasons stated above.  The conversation is stupid and the voice of the "doctor" grates my nerves also.

Posted By: RichardCranium
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 2:04pm
What about the doctor herself? Did you catch a glimpse of that freakishly tall forehead? Holy Moses, you could show a drive in movie on her forehead. Is she related to Ki Adi Mundi from Star Wars?

-------------
REUNITE PANGEA!

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 2:40pm
The doctor is pretty, but seems like some sort of Stepford wife.

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 3:32pm

I was just suggesting a different hair style, perhaps bangs, to cover the ginormous forehead.

I'll cop to it- aside from the forehead she's pretty. Only two types of redhead women, fugly and hot. She's on the hot side. I just can't get away from the forehead. Of course if we were doing what I would like to do I would not see her forehead.... but I digress.

-------------
REUNITE PANGEA!

Posted By: HollyRock
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 5:03pm
She's annoying and the "quite some time" is even more annoying than she is.

Vague references to time are common in the medical world. 

"How long will it take?" 
"It will take a while."

HATED hearing that response, during my husband's recent hospitalization.  So frustrating.

I do not want to hear it, again, in a TV commercial.

-------------
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by RichardCranium RichardCranium wrote:

I was just suggesting a different hair style, perhaps bangs, to cover the ginormous forehead.

I'll cop to it- aside from the forehead she's pretty. Only two types of redhead women, fugly and hot. She's on the hot side. I just can't get away from the forehead. Of course if we were doing what I would like to do I would not see her forehead.... but I digress.

I'm finding her eyes to be the problem.  A tad too Children of the Damned.

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 5:09pm
I hope your hubby is ok.  My best wishes and thoughts.

-------------
REUNITE PANGEA!

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 5:14pm
Thanks, and yes - the eyes, OH MY GOD.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2009 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

DOH- we posted at the same time, and I missed this. OH MY GOD the eyes LMAO

-------------
REUNITE PANGEA!

Posted By: Hezadancer
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2009 at 11:01pm
They just sound so disinterested, like they woke up at 6am to film this commercial and had to edit out several yawns. The entire thing is forced and the acting is terrible. Not a good way to make me want some sort of silly prescription eye drops.

Posted By: MrTim
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 4:30am
Pity the poor people who took Restasis and can now see the commercial in all of it's glorious glaring detail.  At least with dry, scratchy eyes it would have been blurry.... LOL

-------------
http://mrtim1k.blogspot.com/ - WKRP closing theme lyrics HERE!

Posted By: msmadz
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 2:23pm

Thor. I think I literaly laughed about a 1/2 hour straight after looking at this. Jumping Jesus on a cantalope- that's HER. I'm still laughing...  thak you... I'm dying here.

-------------
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Posted By: ThreadKiller
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 4:06am
I think the doctor's taking more than just Restasis.

-------------
Hundreds of threads killed.

Posted By: pickle
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 7:23pm
My eyes used to look the same when I dropped acid.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 7:31pm
Or that's just what you saw when you looked in the mirror. 

Me?  I always saw a frog.  I dunno why...I just did.

Posted By: BDrums1971
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 2:52am

EXACTLY!!! 

What IS wrong with her eyes?

BTW, good comparison, Thor!

-------------
It's All Bullsh*t... And It's All Bad For You - the late great George Carlin...R.I.P.

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 10:21am
It HAS to be a bad choice of colored contact lenses (I actually turn away from the screen when the commercial comes on).
Or, the 'Quack' is an alien.

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 12:44pm

I've seen people with eyes like that, we used to call it the 1,000 yard stare in the Marines. When you deal with someone who has been in a LOT of combat, it's like they are always looking past you to see what the danger is. It's totally uncontrolable, and the person doesn't even realize they are doing it.

I have no clue what would give her that condition.

-------------
REUNITE PANGEA!

Posted By: Jimmy
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 11:26pm
She is not an actress, that's why her delivery isn't very good. But she is one of the prettiest women I've seen in an ad for quite a long time.
And her pale blue eyes are gorgeous!

I definitely have a thing for ginger haired women!

-------------
One man gathers what another man spills

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 6:01am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

She is not an actress, that's why her delivery isn't very good. But she is one of the prettiest women I've seen in an ad for quite a long time.
And her pale blue eyes are gorgeous!

I definitely have a thing for ginger haired women!

If only you could get past those zombie eyes!! Or, maybe you're into that?!Tongue

-------------
It's All Bullsh*t... And It's All Bad For You - the late great George Carlin...R.I.P.

Posted By: Sgt Saunders
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 5:39am
Something forced and hideous about the way Stepford Doc says "driee eiee", it's just wrong.  I'd about as soon see Dick Van Dyke from Mary Poppins with that hokey, staged Cockney accent talking about "droi eoie, guv'na"...

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 4:58am
Now I'm seeing an extended ad where at the end, the elderly patient is walking out next to Dr. Stare, and the Dr. tells her she uses Restasis too. The patient turns to Dr. Stare and says "You use Restasis", only she doesn't phrase it as a question. More of a statement full of incredulity, like she cant believe the Dr. would use her own prescription.

It just really annoys me the way the old woman says that. Nobody would talk like that in real life. Annoying!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 6:15am
Originally posted by BDrums1971 BDrums1971 wrote:

The patient turns to Dr. Stare and says "You use Restasis", only she doesn't phrase it as a question. More of a statement full of incredulity, like she cant believe the Dr. would use her own prescription.

The doctor should reply, "Yeah, I'm a doctor.  I can write myself a prescription for f*ckin' anything.  Life's f*ckin' good!!"

Posted By: Call Now
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 6:28am
"A type of chronic dry eye!"  I wonder how many times the director had her deliver that line?  And this was the most natural sounding of the bunch?

-------------
Eheu! Fugaces labuntur anni...

Posted By: Jimmy
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 7:10pm
I think her eyes are quite pretty.

My daughter told me the doctor in that ad has the same type of eye shade as Cal Ripken Jr.

Does anyone agree?

-------------
One man gathers what another man spills

Posted By: youabear
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 10:09pm
Yeah, Its the eyes. They look odd for a reason -  specifically drawing attention to them in the ad, to make you think about eye-related stuff..Stern%20Smile

Posted By: notmegan
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 4:55am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

They just sound so disinterested, like they woke up at 6am to film this commercial and had to edit out several yawns. The entire thing is forced and the acting is terrible. Not a good way to make me want some sort of silly prescription eye drops.

This is exactly why I hate it. I guess I've just seen enough bad acting in my days, I can't stand a dry delivery.

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 6:38am
Here she is.  She actually is a real doctor.  Pretty cute one, at that (and a lot less other-worldly than in her commercial). 

http://www.vancethompsonvision.com/sioux-falls/our-team/alison-tendler-m-d.htm - http://www.vancethompsonvision.com/sioux-falls/our-team/alison-tendler-m-d.htm

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 3:44pm
Hmmm, well here's her facebook

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=alison+tendler&init=quick#/profile.php?id=100000012284000&ref=search&sid=1596691032.4264824788 - http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=alison+tendler&init=quick#/profile.php?id=100000012284000&ref=search&sid=1596691032.4264824788

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 5:54pm
She only has seventeen friends.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 7:04pm
I didn't even notice that. That's terrible, maybe I someone should befriend her?

Posted By: SB89
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 9:59am
Every time I see this commercial my boyfriend and I make jokes about how robotic she is and how she's an android who has no tears, which is our logical reason for why she take Restasis.
She shows barely any emotion in her face.

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by notmegan notmegan wrote:

I didn't even notice that. That's terrible, maybe I someone should befriend her?

I think we should ALL befriend her.

Posted By: Craftychiq
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 3:39am
Originally posted by sandy345 sandy345 wrote:

There is also a caption saying the lady eye doctor is a REAL eye doctor. What the heck does "for quite some time" mean--why doesn't the patient tell her two months, three months et al.

There are two captions that I don't like, one that says how "Dr. Tendler was compensated for her time" (well duh it IS a commercial:-P) and the other that says "Dr. Tendler is a REAL Restasis patient"

So yeah knowing the Indigo doctor uses the stuff is so gonna make me wanna run out and get a prescription! The patient in the commercial is a little freaky looking too oh and hey here's an idea, instead of getting on yet another medication how about BLINKING once in a while lady! It does WONDERS for dry eye!:-P

-------------
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Posted By: ljgriffith
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 5:54am
Every time I see this commercial all I can see is the doctor's greasy hair. Somebody, send that woman a bottle of Pantene!

-------------
lj

Posted By: ThreadKiller
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 12:52am

Having now seen the first two episodes of ABC's "V" series, I've been asking myself...

HOW THE HECK DID THE RESTASIS DR. NOT GET THE PART OF "ANNA"????? Angry

"We are of Restasis...always."

-------------
Hundreds of threads killed.

Posted By: Legoman
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 3:29am
she makes my eyes itchy and scratchy, AHHH!!! 

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Legoman Legoman wrote:

See? And then you need the eye drops. Its a conspiracy I tell ya!

-------------
REUNITE PANGEA!

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Legoman Legoman wrote:

The eyes have it.

Posted By: Wankel
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2009 at 2:14am
The doctor looks like a zombie. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk