Print Page | Close Window

Epiduo Acne Gel: Kid Camps Out In the Acne Aisle

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television / Streaming Ads
Forum Description: You hate them. Tell us why.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5068
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:17pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Epiduo Acne Gel: Kid Camps Out In the Acne Aisle
Posted By: Hezadancer
Subject: Epiduo Acne Gel: Kid Camps Out In the Acne Aisle
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 10:14pm
The video can be seen on the website here  http://www.epiduo.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.epiduo.com/

To start out, WTF is this kid doing camping in the acne aisle just because he can't choose a medication? Just sit at home on your freaking laptop and do some research. The pharmacist walks over and tells him to get a life. He whines back "I'm tryyyying". This is the WORST acting in teenage commercial actors history, not to mention the most annoying delivery of a line ever. He sounds like he's trying to fight back laughter, even he knows this ad is laughable. The pharmasist tells him acne is a medical condition and he needs to talk to his doctor. The kid delivers another terrible line (if you can call it that), he goes "ohhhh!" His "acne" problem consists of some carefully placed fake acne, maybe 3-4 small zits tops.

Just like every other acne ad, the people with "problem" acne they show usually have very very mild acne, and in the case of the ad, its just fake make up acne. When they show him rubbing the gel on a zit, it's perfectly round, red, with a little raised center. How fake can you get? It looks like a mini nipple on his cheek.  This kid could probably fix his "acne" problem with a little clearasil. Apparently most of this epiduo gel is the same stuff in clearasil, benzoil peroxide.

I know acne is a medical condition, but if you only have a few zits I don't think it's cause for a doctor, even if your current prevention method fails to prevent this very mild acne. People with pizza faces and no relief, now THAT'S who they need to show as someone in need of prescription acne meds, not a kid who looks like he's never had real acne grace his perfect skin in his entire life.

-------------
It's ok, I'm in marketing!

Replies:
Posted By: Hootman
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 11:17pm
Hey, I'm 57 and will get a zit occasionally.  I wear it proud.  

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 12:24am

Have I mentioned the little one on my hip that I popped in the shower?  Even in the shower, I could hear it pop!

I had bad acne as a teen.  The people in these ads (like Jessica Simpson in her Proactiv commercial) have nothing to complain about.

Posted By: meinga
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 2:50am
That's some bad acting!   They can't be serious?  Maybe a skit on mad TV or SNL mocking these type of ads?

Posted By: ThatOneAdWhere...
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 4:51am
Haha I was just thinking about the sheer idiocy of this commercial.  You're a teen.  It's called acne.  Deal with it.   I don't think it's worth camping out in acne aisle for.  It really bugs me during the close-up, though, how fake and ridiculous the zits looked.

Posted By: foxtrot8709
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 3:19am
i went to high school with this kid. hes a complete tool. he's always had that horrible acting skill, best suited for broadway musicals about pre-teens coming out of the closet. and no, hes never had a zit, EVER. i completely agree that this is one of the worst commercials ive ever seen, and when i saw it the first time and saw who it was, i laughed my ass off

Posted By: specialkt
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 3:48am
anything in the pharmacy aisle for severe acne is way too harsh anyway. i used ot have severe acne and all of these stupid ads annoy me.

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 4:25am
Originally posted by foxtrot8709 foxtrot8709 wrote:

i went to high school with this kid. hes a complete tool. he's always had that horrible acting skill, best suited for broadway musicals about pre-teens coming out of the closet. and no, hes never had a zit, EVER. i completely agree that this is one of the worst commercials ive ever seen, and when i saw it the first time and saw who it was, i laughed my ass off

Wow thanks for the insight, I totally called it!

Posted By: msmith
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 4:28am
Yeah, he needs to stop camping out in the acne aisle so he can get to his life of camping out in front of the ticket window.

Posted By: FrauKruspe
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 9:02pm
This ad is irritating. You do not need a damn prescription medication that prolly costs a ton to help your acne. Yes, the main ingredient in it is Benzoyl Peroxide. A VERY good acne treatment. You can buy products in the store that are nothing but 2.5% BP. I had started breaking out pretty badly (I never really had an acne issue) when I started a particular medication. I did some research and seriously, all you need is some storebrand old fashioned orange dial soap, some BP 2.5% and a non-pore clogging facial moisturizer. Simple steps. Wash, dry, slather on the BP, let dry and put on the lotion. 2x a day. My acne is under control pretty well now.

Anyway, I find the end of the commercial irritating when he is chatting it up with those chicks who appear SO enthralled. Angry

Posted By: thatsmypie
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 11:04pm
Anyone ever see "Not Another Teen Movie?"

This is that creepy guy with the bag floating around his head all the time.

Posted By: Cornholio
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by thatsmypie thatsmypie wrote:

Anyone ever see "Not Another Teen Movie?"

This is that creepy guy with the bag floating around his head all the time.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

That douche in the commercial needs to be punched in the face.   I can't stand the little pretty boy whining about his two zits.    Like anyone needs expensive prescription drugs for two tiny zits that can barely be seen.    Get over yourself!!   

Posted By: DolFan 316
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 1:35am
I HATED the perfect popular prissy pricks in high school who never got a single zit the entire time!!! Angry Especially since I had a minimum of five on my face on any given day. Sometimes it was so many that certain pics of me as a teen look like I have dirt smudged on my face.

My zits aren't caused by a "medical condition" either--I just have really oily skin. I just buy jars of Sea Breeze face pads at Wal Mart and use one roughly every hour and always after eating. I still get the occasional zit or two but nowhere near enough to run screaming to TV about having adult acne. My friends sometimes joke about me constantly rubbing my face with the pads but it's a small price to pay for avoiding a breakout. It's kinda become my trademark among them now LOL

-------------
My nickname's the assman, because everywhere I go people tell me, "You're an ass, man!"

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 5:08am
I may not have been paying attention before, but it seems they have put "actor portrayal" at random points in the ad. No sh*t actor portrayal, his acting is bad, that's the gripe. It's painfully obvious it's an actor portrayal.

Posted By: capcentre
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 12:22am
So where did this little gay kid go to school.  Harvey Milk High?  It's a wonder he doesn't completely queen out with those two girls at the end of the commercial.  He has to be a little more careful with this flaming hand movements or the two girls will catch on to his gayness. 

Posted By: specialkt
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 12:30am
Originally posted by capcentre capcentre wrote:

So where did this little gay kid go to school.  Harvey Milk High?  It's a wonder he doesn't completely queen out with those two girls at the end of the commercial.  He has to be a little more careful with this flaming hand movements or the two girls will catch on to his gayness. 

cuz we all know being homosexual is the crime of the century

Posted By: Synesthesia
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 1:08am
I kind of like acne scars.

You don't really have to camp out to buy tickets these days because it's called THE INTERNET!

-------------
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog

Posted By: BDrums1971
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 3:49am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Hey, I'm 57 and will get a zit occasionally.  I wear it proud.  

Yeeeaaa....but teenagers look at things a liiiitttle differently! Wink

-------------
It's All Bullsh*t... And It's All Bad For You - the late great George Carlin...R.I.P.

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 3:55am
Originally posted by capcentre capcentre wrote:

You beat me to it!!!! I get such a kick out of the kid hanging out with the girls at the end. It's so obvious that he's gay, why would he be trying to impress the girls? Or maybe.....it's NOT the girls he's trying to impress! Wink

Either way, I don't think he would be interested in those girls sexually, so maybe this ad is targeted to gay people (which there's nothing wrong with that). I just would have thought to sell their product, they would have played up the boy/girl relationship a little more to get straight guys to buy their stuff.

-------------
It's All Bullsh*t... And It's All Bad For You - the late great George Carlin...R.I.P.

Posted By: FebrezeneedstoSTFU
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 2:09am
I hope no one hates on me, but I love this commercial.

Posted By: Unlucky Wren
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 3:25am
Originally posted by FebrezeneedstoSTFU FebrezeneedstoSTFU wrote:

I hope no one hates on me, but I love this commercial.

I request you to explain what exactly you like about it. (no, honestly! I'm intrigued!)

My beef with it is the announcer. I have a problem with adults making poor attempts to talk in a way to "relate with the young people of today." You see it in the preteen-aimed magazines written by thirty-something women, and to me it seems like that's what the writers and (painfully) obviously tried to do.

-------------
Wait, what?

Posted By: Moochamoocha
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 6:04pm
This ad plays at practically every commercial break on The N (yeah, I watch Degrassi...don't laugh at me). It's gotten to the point where when I hear that announcer say "Day 87...", I scramble for the remote. The same with those ultra long and boring Proactiv ads.

-------------
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Morgenstern
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 12:26am
Originally posted by DolFan 316 DolFan 316 wrote:

I HATED the perfect popular prissy pricks in high school who never got a single zit the entire time!!! Angry Especially since I had a minimum of five on my face on any given day. Sometimes it was so many that certain pics of me as a teen look like I have dirt smudged on my face.

My zits aren't caused by a "medical condition" either--I just have really oily skin. I just buy jars of Sea Breeze face pads at Wal Mart and use one roughly every hour and always after eating. I still get the occasional zit or two but nowhere near enough to run screaming to TV about having adult acne. My friends sometimes joke about me constantly rubbing my face with the pads but it's a small price to pay for avoiding a breakout. It's kinda become my trademark among them now LOL

I never had acne, but I was unpopular anyway. Oh, well.

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 7:29pm
Confused"...and THAT's how Tyler came to his senses...sort of"
Pluuueeaze!!!
THAT kid is as bright as a box of rocks.
...and he's running around 'pitching a tent' in GROCERY STORES?!
I'm thinking he needs to head over to the 'men's products' isle, to pick up some shaving cream and a cheap razor. He's reaching puberty; he's getting whiskers on his fist.

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: meinga
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 7:41pm
This commercial is so annoying!  From the background music which sounds like it's from a 50's sitcom, to that loser kid.  Tyler overacts big time and I'm not even going to get started on that stupid hat he's wearing....bleck!

Posted By: kat
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 9:26pm
This kid sucks at acting so bad. I think it's funny how his acne is keeping him from doing such awesome things as waiting in line for more crap. Who honestly does that anymore? Puh-leese, you camp out in front of your COMPUTER for tickets these days.

-------------
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 10:21pm
He wouldn't get to meet those girls if he did that!  He might, however, get to meet other girls---girls "from (the name of his town here) who really want to meet" him.

Posted By: FleshCouture
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 10:58pm
I'm actually getting my prescription for this tomorrow..
I used a couple samples and it seemed to make my face even worse.
My mom said every day I used it how great my face looked, so whatever.
Anyway, I'm tired of this commercial in general.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/doomfetus - http://www.last.fm/user/doomfetus

Posted By: Synesthesia
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 11:03pm
Well, if you're seeing Dir en grey folks will camp out the night before the show to get a good spot.
I did that before. Never again. It was in FEBRUARY IN NY!!!!

Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

This kid sucks at acting so bad. I think it's funny how his acne is keeping him from doing such awesome things as waiting in line for more crap. Who honestly does that anymore? Puh-leese, you camp out in front of your COMPUTER for tickets these days.

-------------
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog

Posted By: msmith
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 2:02am
Maybe he'd do better if he had parents.

Posted By: MrCleveland
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 9:53pm
Here's what I would say....

Hey kid, what the f**k are you doing camping in the store? Either buy something or get the f**k out you bum!

-------------
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 6:27am
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

Hey kid, what the f**k are you doing camping in the store? Either buy something or get the f**k out you bum!

Well, you don't mince words, and get right to the point, don't you!! LOLLOL I love it!!

-------------

Posted By: Moochamoocha
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 9:06am
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOL That's telling the dork!

-------------
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 8:36pm
If only it were that easy. It's like the kids who grab a strategy guide off the shelf at work and plop down on the floor and read it. I always want to say "buy it or get out" but you know...the parents who left them there probably wouldn't like it too much Tongue

Posted By: allen_osuno
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 11:44am
things I hate about this commercial:
1. "tyler" isn't male or female. You can't tell. He's a perfect androgyne (hermaphrodite).
2. the whole scenario is completely lame: pup tent, camped out at the zit medicine section,
old man with watery puffed eyes lecturing a dumb-a## kid with knit ski cap, who whines "I'm TRYYYYING!"(to get a life) as he sits on his butt being stupid, rolling his eyes and saying "ohhhhhhhhh" with a crooked smile. Of course the fake zits, the little circular motion of the Epiduo logo, and then the kid camped out with the pup tent supposedly in line to get into a concert, talking to 3 Playboy bunnies who now lust after him because his zits are gone and he smiles with a mouth as wide as a barracuda and a smile that reaches from one side of his head to the other as he chats amicably with the Playboy bunnies....
WHAT a CRAPPOLA commercial. Can't these phamaceutical companies who spend full time lobbying against health care reform take their ill gotten profits and do something better than designing lame commercials designed to irritate the H out of the brutes (us) for whom they have utter contempt. We get to be patronized while they deny us medical coverage in real life (buying off Congress people). I really hate these people who run these companies.

-------------
JL

Posted By: Agent_Sometime
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by allen_osuno allen_osuno wrote:

talking to 3 Playboy bunnies who now lust after him because his zits are gone
LOL

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 7:09pm
I'm curious...
"A Call to the (I Guess I have to say it this way) Old Timers"
Did ANYONE else catch on to the 'pitching a tent' analogy'?!!!

-------------
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: Hootman
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I'm curious...
"A Call to the (I Guess I have to say it this way) Old Timers"
Did ANYONE else catch on to the 'pitching a tent' analogy'?!!!

Pa,

Just that I remember it was "hard" to do.

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2009 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by msmith msmith wrote:

Maybe he'd do better if he had parents.
Confused
Maybe he has some?
It's easy to understand them abandoning him...a pimply, little goof who is constantly 'pitching his tent' at anyone, in public. 

-------------

Posted By: rosynyc
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 2:37am
I think the end scene bothers me the most -- his winter hat (fashion statement?) makes it seem like he's trying too hard and he's smiling like he's been popping the pills.  The girls seem truly excited to be talking to him too (maybe it's his acne-free face that they can't get enough of).  I wonder what the real life "actors" are actually conversing about during this scene... 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk