Print Page | Close Window

Worst Progressive ad yet...

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television / Streaming Ads
Forum Description: You hate them. Tell us why.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4015
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 6:03pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Worst Progressive ad yet...
Posted By: Jimbo
Subject: Worst Progressive ad yet...
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 1:38am

Of all the Progressive ads so far featuring "Flo the Ho", this one is the most nausea inducing yet. The others have just been mildly irritating by comparison.

Aside from that blonde "crooked mouth/raspy voice" chick, most of the other people in the ads haven't been too bad as far as making you want to put your foot thru your TV screen.

But not this one.

First, Flo-Ho does this uncoordinated, dorky looking "Power to the people!!!/60's protest" kinda thing. Then, as if that wasn't bad enough, she & the milquetoast customer "guy" (& I use the term loosely) do this lame, wussy-ass fist bump. 

Everytime I see the expression on this loser geek's face during that pansy-ass fist bump, I just cringe. Then I wish I could reach thru the screen & bitch slap his ass. 

Why, oh why do they do this sh*t to us????

-------------
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States

Replies:
Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 2:19am
I can picture Alan Harper as the guy.

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 2:30am
That's what I was thinking.

Gawd, how I hate him.

-------------
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!

Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 3:25am
That damn thing looks like a phaser I wish it actually was one so the guy accidentally stuns her.

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Posted By: N-Dizzle
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 3:30am

Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 3:35am
that's a face I'd want to punch.Angry

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Posted By: N-Dizzle
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 3:39am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

He looks eerily too similar to Smilin Bob in that picture.

I'm second in line to punch him.   Thor, Jimbo, WS: the line forms behind me!

Posted By: FrootLoops
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2009 at 4:50am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

this one and the one about the used watch are a sign of worse commercials to come.

I would rather see the CatNip kitty above take Stephanies place!

Posted By: musicman
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2009 at 8:37am
Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

I wonder if John Cryer is actually his birth name?  It certainly fits the character he plays.

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2009 at 2:51pm
Well, Ol'Mule - that was really bad.
Thought I'd try and compete with you, on this.
Woke up this A.M. to FloHo&The H-Mos...be sure and watch Flo's 'tally board'!
In Flo's usual style..."...watch this..."
<ding.ding.ding>
So kiddies, #1 on the 'Hit Parade', why...it is none other than "Mark F.".
<the boys smile each other; barely able to hold back the little girl giggles>
Hmmmmmm...wonder what the initial 'F', for Mark's last name, stands for? If I were playing 'Hang Man', and the name has three (3) letters - one is actually a vowel - and the happy couple were as excited as they seemed...well - I bet I won't need the Dionne Warwick Psychic Friends Network to help me guess that last name.
You too can see it here!
(it the first commercial; it is impolite to do anything other than keep your mouth tightly closed while sitting on a hard FLAT surface, while watching...)
http://www.progressive.com/commercials/progressive-commercials.aspx -  

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2009 at 7:45pm
OMG..... those two are just "fabulous".

That must be what the "F" stands for.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2009 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

OMG..... those two are just "fabulous".

That must be what the "F" stands for.

Confusedummmm...well...lemme think...No - you would be incorrect - 3 letters, you only got the first two correct.<Buuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzer>

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 2:55pm
Pa, in today's colloquial jargon, both words mean basically the same thing.

In the commercial, there is only an "F" with no number of letters suggested or implied.

But I, in essence, agree with your assessment of the two "companions" in the commercial.

Definitely "light in the loafers".

FABULOUS-ly so, as a matter of fact.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Posted By: johnnywonder
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 8:06am
The guy is especially annoying cuz he's also the guy who plays "breakfast" in the equally lame Jack in the box commercials.

Posted By: ToxicShock
Date Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 5:57am
I haven't seen that one yet (thankfully), but that was dumb as f**k.

I REALLY hate the one where the guy keeps cheering and how he doesn't get any discounts for agreeing with her, and then she's like "happens to me all the time". I hate the way she says "happens". Ugh!!

Date Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 2:40pm

Yeah, that's another one I hate. Basically everything she says or does is nauseating.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Posted By: Angry McPisseron
Date Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 4:04pm
Progressive (or should that be "Regressive"?) still has their New Year's spot running...toward the end, (over)Flo(w) blows into a New Years party horn, and then says "I wrote that".
WTF?!?!?
The flexible container of Massengill wrote a "song" for a party horn that essentially produces one (1) note?!?

-------------
http://www.ledmuseum.net/" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 3:45am
Progressive should hire me to write these commercials. At least they would be funny. {we need more animals running around the set}
I can just picture Stephanie holding a Urang-A-Tang trying to explain why you should buy progressive and if you own an ape.....DISCOUNT !!!!!!!
And if you are constipated............DISCOUNT !!!

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 3:57am

Instead of saying "Discount!", she may just be saying "Disfigurement!" when the ape tears her face off.

Posted By: musicman
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 5:02am
Let's take a vote.  I say we name them Regressive.

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 8:14am
Maybe they can just fire Stephanie and have Big Bird or Barney The Dumbazz Dinasor take her place?

Posted By: allen_osuno
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 5:22am
Each commerical of this horrible car insurance company gets less comprehensible and more irritating. Flo's head has the shape of a horse's saddle and I think they picked the most irritating woman they could find to do this commercial and then savagely painted her up to just literally fill the tv viewers with hate and disbelief at the lameness of these commercials. I would never buy car insurance from a company like Progressive or Geico. If they have to resort to these tactics to get peoples' attention, they are not people I would trust to insure my car. As I said, you could throw a saddle over Flo's head and her lipstick and face and watery blue eyes just make you want to kick the TV screen in. They don't make anyone want to buy their insurance. Besides, with insurance as with anything: you get what you pay for. If you get to 'decide' what you want to pay, then you will obviously get a policy that won't cover you at all and will be worthless. I really was appalled by this lame fist bump commercial and the other posters are right, the guy reminds me of "Alan" on Two and a Half Men (John Cryer): a guy who is a wuss, a sourpuss and an irritatingly wimpy, whiner.  The laughs of the two on this lame-parody of Berkley 1960's (power to the people) is a corporate travesty and shows the contempt in which they hold their customers.

-------------
JL

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 5:32am

By the way: one additional thought. Why does "Flo" wear a white medical tech's smock? I thought this was a car insurance ad. She looks like she just stepped out of an hospital emergency room. And I can't get over how long her head is. Saddle up. Nor how awfully that savage ho's red lip stick clashes with the watery blue eyes and the pinched face. They had to have picked her in order to irritate people. I would rot in ...well, you know...before I would ever trust this company with anything.

-------------
JL

Posted By: erod550
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 8:38am
It's funny that Alan Harper was mentioned related to this commercial because the guy with the stupid laugh in the commercial actually did a few guest appearances on another CBS Monday night show, The Big Bang Theory.  Hilarious show, by the way, at least when this guy wasn't on it.  His character was an ubernerd with a ridiculous lisp.  His name was Barry Kripke, which of course he pronounced Bawwy Kwipke, a la Elmer Fudd.  Luckily they only let him do a couple shows and then gave him the boot.  After that he started popping up everywhere, including this commercial and a couple others.  His name is John Ross Bowie.

Here's another commercial he was in, obviously several months ago.

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 9:00am
Yeah: the lame giggling and huffing that goes on after she says 'power to the people'. It just makes me cringe it is so lame and godawful.

-------------
JL

Posted By: ellie89
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 1:28am
I just want to say that this commercial just came on for about half a second (already I was reaching for the remote!) before being replaced by a Gold Bond anti-itch cream ad.

Much less obnoxious.

Posted By: BDrums1971
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 7:51am
I have to make a comment on every thread involving Progressive. I hadn't seen this thread before.

I hate, HATE H A T E Flo and her stupid lame commercials. I can't believe how bad they have gotten!! Worse, I can't believe that people fall for this crap. I mean, obviously the ads are working, otherwise, they would pull them, and not make new ones. I mean, what kind of lame ass nerdy goofball sees these commercials and says, "Yeah, that's the company I want to handle my insurance needs."

I just don't get it. But you can bet one thing, I will never give one thin dime to Progressive. I just can't put into words how much I hate these commercials (although some previous posts did a pretty darn good jobWink). Glad to see there are some people left out there with common sense that hate these idiotic ads as well.

FLO....burn in hell forever.

-------------
It's All Bullsh*t... And It's All Bad For You - the late great George Carlin...R.I.P.

Posted By: Teh Blinx
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 5:20pm
Lord...I've hated these ads since their very inception...
That lady and her freaky lips can go get into a car crash--without insurance!!

Progressive has been using this campaign for waaaay too long. Either they're completely ignorant, or there are just a bunch of people who are--gasp--actually falling for the ads!!!!! Shocked

-------------
There's someone in my head
but it's not m e . . .

Posted By: Chet Desmond
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 5:21pm
The commercial with the old "Captain Ahab" and his boat is the one that drives me nuts.  Moreso because of the old guy than Flo. 

The way he just says  "AAAAYYYHAB!" pisses me off.

Posted By: The Mad Gasser
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 7:24pm
The lame giggling makes me think he's spooging in his pants.

Posted By: BDrums1971
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 5:26am
Originally posted by The Mad Gasser The Mad Gasser wrote:

The lame giggling makes me think he's spooging in his pants.

He probably is!!! Wink

And this stupid commercial just keeps on playing here. It is on all day long, and I just want to reach through my tv and strangle Flo and that nerdy geek!!! They have to be spending millions and millions to blanket tv with so many commercials.

-------------
It's All Bullsh*t... And It's All Bad For You - the late great George Carlin...R.I.P.

Posted By: Legoman
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 4:50am
Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

I think some of my pixels just died Dead

Posted By: Girlmec
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2009 at 10:06pm
Who the hell told Flo she was funny.

I read a post about her from '08 and I agree with the person when they said she is waiting to be discovered.   I am afraid that she must be getting some type of reviews that are favorable and unfortunately for those of us who weep eternally when we see these awful ads...she just might get picked up. 

And here's a question....Flo aside.....who the hell thought that a Progressive 'retail/grocery' store set up was the 'it' thing???  You go into the store and buy a BOX of motorcycle insurance, or a can of Auto insurance.....just flip the channel......And we're walking....we're walking....

UGH!  Shoot me!

Posted By: tvqueen09
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 4:00am

am I the only one who has ever thought that when the power to the people guy scans the Progressive box, he acts like he's going to blow his wad?

Posted By: fvecchi
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 6:29am
I don't understand these commercials that tend to use the same annoying characters over and over again.  Flo from progressive makes me cringe everytime I see her and I change the channel as quickly as possible.  I actually will never buy progressive insurance because of the torture that they put me through hearing her annoying voice and looking at her annoying face. 

-------------
fv

Posted By: Grant
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 8:17pm
I can think of something nice to say about the Captain Ahab one, and I don't think it's all that far-fetched. Anti-political correctness people are always saying that "challenged" people can't be shown in a funny light anymore, and they make it sound like you're in anything up to actual physical danger if you dare to do that. Well, famous fictional character or not, Captain Ahab is someone with one eff-ing leg! So either a whole lot of what I hear about the "PC Police" is exaggerated (which I certainly believe), or someone was pretty bold to put this one on.

Posted By: applepiemommy
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 12:16am
Originally posted by allen_osuno allen_osuno wrote:

By the way: one additional thought. Why does "Flo" wear a white medical tech's smock? I thought this was a car insurance ad.

Because the commercial is for a website, which is on the "internet" which is a place that doesn't really exist, like Heaven. So, she's wearing white and everything is white because they're all in a "better place."

-------------
What does Dr Traci have to say about it? http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Dr-Traci

Posted By: Tiz
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 12:44am
Originally posted by tvqueen09 tvqueen09 wrote:

am I the only one who has ever thought that when the power to the people guy scans the Progressive box, he acts like he's going to blow his wad?

yes..........

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk