Print Page | Close Window

COVID19 Themed ads - "We're in this together"

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television / Streaming Ads
Forum Description: You hate them. Tell us why.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28674
Printed Date: 07 Aug 2020 at 1:05am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: COVID19 Themed ads - "We're in this together"
Posted By: ThatNerdInPhilly
Subject: COVID19 Themed ads - "We're in this together"
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:35am
During this time when a massive astroid sized sh*t has hit the tiny fan, it's so nice to know the cars companies have our backs. These "feel good" ads really make me wanna vomit Dead 

Toyota has one also, I didn't see it online though.

-------------
------
"This Has Swag."
~ Idiot from an iHop Commercial.

Replies:
Posted By: MrTim
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:59am
So they have Covid-19 and want me in their car with them?  Confused  No thanks! 

-------------
http://mrtim1k.blogspot.com/ - WKRP closing theme lyrics HERE!

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 8:36am
I see a lot of people less than 6 feet apart in that Chevy commercial. Apparently, they're not doing their part.

Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 12:48pm
I've been seeing that Cadillac ad a lot lately, but I've always had the TV on mute when it was running, so until I opened this thread, I had no idea wtf it was even about.

I will say one thing for both companies... they sure as hell didn't waste any time jumping on the coronavirus bandwagon with both feet.

Given the amount of time one would think that it must take to produce ads like those two, I'm wondering if they didn't just throw together some stock footage they had on hand and then tape the voiceover on top of it.

-------------
Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles.

Posted By: aka ron
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:16pm
Find your new car online and we will deliver it to you!  What?  You won't let me drive it first?

All sorts of incentives! Ford makes the first 3 payments and the next 3 are deferred! Hopefully, you still have a job!

-------------
I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:24pm

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:08pm
I was wondering that too Jimbo, the use of random stock footage to quickly throw these ads together. That's what it feels like to me.

--
The new one I saw this morning was for Lincoln. "More than ever your home is your sanctuary..."
(Shows woman in a massive mansion like home...must be nice!) 

---
We've been wanting the death of Potsch ads for a long, long time, the virus may have killed it.
I hope!??

Unless the spew out some ad with him in an empty room telling how Chevy loves us.Ouch
--
NOT proper social distancing. 

-------------
------
"This Has Swag."

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:21pm
Next thing you know, some marketing genius at one of the big auto makers, will come up with the idea to call their latest vehicle.... 

The COVID-19.

"A vehicle you can depend on in times of worry and need...." 

"Get the infection."

-------------

Posted By: Darthhillbilly
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:56pm
^ Now, that's just in bad taste, I can't see any of the big three taking that road. Wink

I can, however, see GM reintroducing the Hummer, with a tagline something like "The only full-size vehicle with enough room for occupants to remain six feet apart".

-------------
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:02pm
I wonder if the birthrate will be low come December and January. Are people refraining from sex? I know I am.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:04pm
I say if you are living together, go for it! 69!

-------------

Posted By: Darthhillbilly
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:09pm
Stolen from the internet:

Come Decemeber/January there will be a mini boom in births, and come 2033, that generation of children will be given the name "The Quaranteens".

-------------
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson

Posted By: tikibagger
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 5:02pm
Actually the nomenclature for this should be the 'NEW INSINCERITY'
USING GLOBAL pandemic to sell u a car or insurance is PURE EVIL

-------------
...Relax in yer PUPPY Pants....

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 5:25pm
People are dying. 

HOW CAN WE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT???? Thumbs Up 

-------------

Posted By: jnoble
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I wonder if the birthrate will be low come December and January. Are people refraining from sex? I know I am.

Some of us are only because of a current lack of opportunity... **grumble grumble**AngryLOL

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:05pm
Yeah, I was joking. I'm in the same boat as you, and it seems to be one that's drifting further and further out to sea.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by jnoble jnoble wrote:

Some of us are only because of a current lack of opportunity... **grumble grumble**AngryLOL

Yeah, I was joking. I'm in the same boat as you, and it seems to be one that'a drifting further and further out into the sea.

Not many guys around who've been... "blessed by Mother nature" with the ability to engage in sexual intercourse from 6 ft away...

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 4:56am

If you aren't refraining voluntarily, the 'powers-that-be' will make sure you do...  LOL

covid 20200327 01.jpg

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 1:08pm
Watching Good Morning America, anda new State Farm aired a Covid themed ad just now with that overplayed God awful "Rise Up" song. DeadDead 

- Then it goes back to the program and some corny ass "We're All In This Together" tune is playing. 
F' this, I turned off the damn TV.

Verizon did something...um, nice?
They "have added 15GB of data to (my) plan at NO CHARGE - from 3-25 to 4-30."  

Oh gee thanks, that would be helpful if I was out and about....but all of my data is going through WiFi since I'm not supposed to leave my damn home!  Morons.

-------------
------
"This Has Swag."

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Watching Good Morning America, anda new State Farm aired a Covid themed ad just now with that overplayed God awful "Rise Up" song. DeadDead 

- Then it goes back to the program and some corny ass "We're All In This Together" tune is playing.  

Oh gee thanks, that would be helpful if I was out and about....but all of my data is going through WiFi since I'm not supposed to leave my damn home!  Morons.

Yeah, I don't know if it's since 9/11 or the Boston Marathon bombings or the Pulse massacre.... but somewhere along the line over the past several years, that kind of inspirational, emotionally uplifting, #Boston (or wherever) Strong crap (I hate that sh*t), has become highly popular not only in commercials, but on the TV news as well. 

Nowadays every news broadcast, especially the national network nightly news, always has to end the presentation with some smarmy, heart warming, golly-gee-whiz story of goodness and strength and perseverance. Usually involving either a handicapped child, a handicapped vet, or a downtrodden woman beating the odds.

I think ABC and David Muir with their "Person of the Week" segment, might be the worst, but  can't say because that's the only evening news I watch.

At any rate, as soon as that sh*t starts I change the channel.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

If you aren't refraining voluntarily, the 'powers-that-be' will make sure you do...  LOL

Yeah, I don't think Maggie de Block has to worry about violating that one...

....with any number involved.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 2:03pm
LOL
Yikes!

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 2:05pm
Looking at HER makes me want to refrain from HUMANITY

covid 20200327 01.jpg

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL
Yikes!

Not your type, a-ron?

I bet Thor would do her.... LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 3:55pm
^ LOL   In a crotchless haz-mat suit!

Not my coffee, tea or me!

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Yeah, I don't know if it's since 9/11 or the Boston Marathon bombings or the Pulse massacre.... but somewhere along the line over the past several years, that kind of inspirational, emotionally uplifting, #Boston (or wherever) Strong crap (I hate that sh*t), has become highly popular not only in commercials, but on the TV news as well. 

Nowadays every news broadcast, especially the national network nightly news, always has to end the presentation with some smarmy, heart warming, golly-gee-whiz story of goodness and strength and perseverance. Usually involving either a handicapped child, a handicapped vet, or a downtrodden woman beating the odds.

I think ABC and David Muir with their "Person of the Week" segment, might be the worst, but  can't say because that's the only evening news I watch.

At any rate, as soon as that sh*t starts I change the channel.

I do recall all the ads after 9/11, perhaps a few locally after mass shootings like Orlando and Vegas.
Basically (insert city name) follow it with "Strong." 

I said this last night!  Same channel also, ABC World News. (I don't watch CBS, NBC as well)
Lets have 29 min. of utterly f'ing grim news (basically 18-19 min...gotta love all those medication commercial breaks after Muir gives us ONE story then to commercial)

- anyway...that final story every night, the "feel good" Hashtag - "America Strong" (Person Of the Week on Fridays)

Cuomo also does the same thing on CNN, calls it "Ameri-CAN's" 

I think the worse is my local news, all the "feel good" videos they share are kids dancing, or corny a** parody songs about COVID19 - to the tune of that 80s song "C'mon Eileen" - Everyone uses this TikTok video app. Pure cringeworthy nonsense.

-------------
------
"This Has Swag."

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 7:08pm

I do recall all the ads after 9/11, perhaps a few locally after mass shootings like Orlando and Vegas.
Basically (insert city name) follow it with "Strong." 

I said this last night!  Same channel also, ABC World News. (I don't watch CBS, NBC as well)
Lets have 29 min. of utterly f'ing grim news (basically 18-19 min...gotta love all those medication commercial breaks after Muir gives us ONE story then to commercial) 

- anyway...that final story every night, the "feel good" Hashtag - "America Strong" (Person Of the Week on Fridays)

Cuomo also does the same thing on CNN, calls it "Ameri-CAN's" 

I think the worse is my local news, all the "feel good" videos they share are kids dancing, or corny a** parody songs about COVID19 - to the tune of that 80s song "C'mon Eileen" - Everyone uses this TikTok video app. Pure cringeworthy nonsense.

The #------ Strong crap started in Boston after the marathon bombing.

I hated it from the git-go.

I have for quite awhile been saying that we as a nation are turning into a society of mindless, fad-following, crowd-joining, bandwagon-jumping, nitwits.

I believe we're now in the process of turning the corner onto the one-way street of no-return to full-blown, downtown Idiotville.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 7:28pm

LOL
Yikes!

Not your type, a-ron?

I bet Thor would do her.... LOL

Like I've always said...

As long as she's alive.

Or still warm.

Or the parts are microwaveable.

No, really---that's a special kind of ugly.

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 7:34pm
I hate all that Jersey (or wherever) Strong crap.

I also always hate hearing how people in some country or state or town are "so resilient". For once, I'd like to hear someone say that people in their state or town are weak and will probably never recover from such and such disease/weather event/plague/attack/whatever.

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 7:41pm

I also always hate hearing how people in some country or state or town are "so resilient". For once, I'd like to hear someone say that people in their state or town are weak and will probably never recover from such and such disease/weather event/plague/attack/whatever.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 9:25pm

God, "Jersey Strong," that reminded me of this annoying NJ ad campaign - after Hurricane "Superstorm" Sandy" that started around this time 7 years ago and felt like it would never end. 

-------------
------
"This Has Swag."

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 9:26pm

God, "Jersey Strong," that reminded me of this annoying NJ ad campaign - after Hurricane "Superstorm" Sandy" that started around this time 7 years ago and felt like it would never end.  There are still many that have never recovered from this storm.

-------------
------
"This Has Swag."

Posted By: MontanaTrav
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 5:49am
The celebrities on crappy webcams that all decided to quit shaving/self-grooming to look the part, saying "We're all in this together" are right up there too.

No we're not. You're in a mansion with millions in your account. None of you are gonna pay my bills or rent.

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:17am
And they are virtue signalling that they are 'self-isolating'.  (What we don't see are the routine drone deliveries of drugs & food.  )  I don't think anyone would care if they just stayed there, forever...

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 3:08pm
Here's the one from State Farm.  It makes me wanna barf!

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 1:34am

And they are virtue signalling that they are 'self-isolating'.  (What we don't see are the routine drone deliveries of drugs & food.  )  I don't think anyone would care if they just stayed there, forever...

You wanna see the absolute epitome of this? Tune into Ryan And Smelly Live--these attention whores are absolutely GLORIFYING in their 'time at home' and its literally a pity party that resembles 'entertainment' IN NO WAY AT ALL...they are 'iphoning' their shows in and hanging out at home- POOR BABIES
like we all are

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 1:48am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

You wanna see the absolute epitome of this? Tune into Ryan And Smelly Live--these attention whores are absolutely GLORIFYING in their 'time at home' and its literally a pity party that resembles 'entertainment' IN NO WAY AT ALL...they are 'iphoning' their shows in and hanging out at home- POOR BABIES
like we all are. 

Same with Jimmy Faloon late at night.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 6:15am
Not much of a change for Fallon & Kimmel not having studio audiences.  As long as they don't show the empty seats, they can get away with using canned laughter & fart machines...

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 2:08pm
The ad from Toyota.  Notice they had to drop the "Let's Go Places" slogan.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 3:25pm
and jan and emu and flo--well FLO still pops up with her whack pack because THAT genius is untouchable? all BENCHED

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 5:30pm
There is a plethora of ads about take out and delivery of all kinds of the food we love.  Let's help keep them in business!

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 10:25am
i have to admit..with local dives facing potential closure due to the plague, where have i patronized?
Arbys, Freddie burgers and Papa Murphys...joints which will carry on with corporate help..

HEY, its hard enough to get food from THESE let alone take the 50/50 chance my locals
are ACTUALLY open..many are just shuttered

grimness

-------------

Posted By: Skippy
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 1:21pm
I am ready to shot my tv if I have to keep hearing “In these difficult times “. (Or similar) on every single commercial!

The tv at work doesn’t have a mute button which makes it worse

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 3:11pm
The RAM truck ad (I think...I lost track at this point ) with the "Better Days" song. Just stop!

The only one I've seen so far that hasn't changed is VW - they still air the goofy "Sign & Drive" event. Maybe Range Rover (because when you can spit out $800-900 a month SUV lease, f*ck everyone Confused)

All the ads have jumped onto this pandemic bandwagon now. The car ads are crap, but these cell phone, ATT / Verizon internet ones are just painful!

And 10 mil + fired / unemployed in the past 2 weeks - as of April 2.

Yeah, I'm sure most of them are ready to buy a new car now. These car ads should stay off the air, like our a**es are supposed to stay indoors! (I know, that's wishful thinking and it would never happen)

-------------
------
"This Has Swag."

Posted By: Triple J
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 11:07pm
I wish they'd put "social distancing" on commercials until this whole thing blows over. You know, just stop airing commercials so we can enjoy binge watching or whatever. Why should we be tortured in our own homes by the adholes while we're all dying? Meh... just a thought. Wink

Posted By: crainbebo
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 10:28am
I'd be happy with a commercial break filled with vintage commercials or nothing but PSAs. Of course that will never happen but in the days of COVID-19 where everything except groceries/getting gas/certain takeout restaurants are considered non-essential, that leaves very little advertising dollars to be made.
Car companies should STOP commercials. No one is buying a car right now. With staying home being the #1 priority, getting a new car is #2,458 on the list of most important things to do.

Most of what I've seen on TV are ads for food products and cleaning products, COVID19 PSAs, occasional car ads, and some online apps.

-------------
Currently suffering from COVID19 fatigue...

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 3:10pm
Phoenix' CBS productions gathered a plethora of our local AZ 'faces'--in other words, the lawyers, AC contractors and the truly fecal Express Flooring 'chick' on a PSA style 'all in this together' cavalcade of 'stars'--so they can make a shill for NEXT months quotas--really bad & utterly insincere BUT it IDS all the really craven folks in one ad

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 6:27pm
Oh!  And let's not forget the NFL!  They are hoping normal sports can resume by then!  Me too!

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 3:43pm
Who would have thunk that OREO would get involved?  Not at the top of my shopping list.

And, I don't really need that c-rapping dude either! Angry

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 4:03pm

Who would have thunk that OREO would get involved?  Not at the top of my shopping list.

And, I don't really need that c-rapping dude either! Angry

O-M-EFFING-G!!!!! Shocked

That is beyond awful!!!! Angry

But I'm pretty sure the real "Oreo" in that ad is whoever's voice is doing the c-rapping.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 4:15pm
I'm guessing it's the same guy from the older ad...

'Stay Playful' Featuring Wiz Khalifa

Oreo TV Spot, Stay Playful Featuring Wiz Khalifa - Screenshot 3

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 5:01pm
I wasn't sure so I looked into it.  Sho nuff!

The ad's soundtrack, with lyrics about being playful, is sung by Khalifa. Being an Oreo spot, it has cleaner lyrics than "Black and Yellow" and his other hits.

https://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/wiz-khalifa-s-newest-song-oreo-ad/316566

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 5:47pm
I have to thank TNIP for this epic thread!  Who knew this would evolve and involve all of the adholes we love to hate!

Screw Sling TV!  I shut off their service a month ago!  Angry

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 10:18pm

The RAM truck ad (I think...I lost track at this point ) with the "Better Days" song. Just stop!

The only one I've seen so far that hasn't changed is VW - they still air the goofy "Sign & Drive" event. Maybe Range Rover (because when you can spit out $800-900 a month SUV lease, f*ck everyone Confused)

All the ads have jumped onto this pandemic bandwagon now. The car ads are crap, but these cell phone, ATT / Verizon internet ones are just painful!

And 10 mil + fired / unemployed in the past 2 weeks - as of April 2.

Yeah, I'm sure most of them are ready to buy a new car now. These car ads should stay off the air, like our a**es are supposed to stay indoors! (I know, that's wishful thinking and it would never happen)

isnt one RePubic responsible for lots of awful wuss rock?

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 12:19am
Thanks Ron for posting that Oreo commercial, I JUST saw that on TV seriously WTF?!! They actually sat around - I assume some video conferencing call with the rapper to come up with this pile of crap rap to fit the sign of the times.

And if that other Toyota "feel-good" junk wasn't bad enough, they brought back Jan - same dumb red shirt and all, sitting in her home - for a special message in these uncertain times.

(* I swear, If I hear the term "uncertain times" once more in these damn commercials! Confused )

-------------
------
"This Has Swag."

Posted By: Brendalou
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 4:23am
Yes, please, someone make them all stop. It really irritates me that all of these corporations are sinking this low.
Even the local newscasters are getting on my nerves. One anchor "works from home", and the co-anchor is in the studio. WTF?? One anchor in the studio can't handle the job of script reading? I've pretty much dismissed them as fluff now. 

-------------
That's all I have to say about that.

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 5:25am
Just saw the Toyota ad during the Modern Family finale.
Some of my local advertisers have gone to special announcements. Legends Casino has an ad that tells us how much they miss us and how we should continue to follow the stay-at-home orders. Gesa and Hapo Credit Unions have come together for a TWO MINUTE commercial. Local television stations have COVID-19 promos/PSAs as well.

Soon it will be just PSAs, promos, and "A Message from (Insert Business That's Currently Closed or On Reduced Hours Here)". Advertising dollars are going down the tube fast with everything shut down.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 4:40pm
'Hi I'm JAN from Toyota..."
NO YOU'RE NOT...u are an Actress simply PORTRAYING light weight Jan...
does Toyota think LEADING with insincerity and fraud is SMART?

Guess what this indicates is coming down the tubes...
'Hi I'm FLO from Progressive..STAY AT HOME'
'Hi I'm the GECKO...cough into your ELBOW'
'Hi I'm your favorite pasty Clown JAMIE from Progressive--AVOID HAND SHAKES'

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 5:17pm

LOL I'll kick it up another notch... I can just picture it now...

"Hi, I'm Jared. You remember me from those Subway commercials? Sure, OK, I did a bad thing, and some of you out there probably hate me. But you know what? We're all in this pandemic together. Here are some helpful hints for you... blah blah blah" and he'll keep talking on and on as the camera zooms slowly in and out, it'll be about a 3-minute spot. 

Evil Smile

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 6:07pm
OMG!  You know who makes a good take out meal?

Outback Steakhouse

Red Lobster

And...

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 1:38pm
So the school year is officially over in PA, I'm sure in other places as well. So for many parents, the kids just got a 6 month Spring/Summer vacation (something I personally would have loved when I was a kid...but oh well)

I would love to see these sweet commercials about "family," the parents with the kids in 2-4 months as their patience has completely run thin dealing with their bratty screaming bored kids.

"No f--king Olive Garden tonight Billy, go make yourself a g'damn bowl of Rice Krispies and let mommy drink her 'happy juice' in peace!!!"

-------------
------
"This Has Swag."

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 2:23pm

I'm guessing it's the same guy from the older ad...

'Stay Playful' Featuring Wiz Khalifa

Wiz Khalifa?

Sounds like a slang term for some kind of urinary problem.

"Yo, dude.... why is your piss green?"

"Aw man, I got me a case of wiz khalifa...."

"That sucks, dude!!!"

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 2:31pm

So the school year is officially over in PA, I'm sure in other places as well. So 
for many parents, the kids just got a 6 month Spring/Summer vacation (something I personally would have loved when I was a kid...but oh well)

I would love to see these sweet commercials about "family," the parents with the kids in 2-4 months as their patience has completely run thin dealing with their bratty screaming bored kids.

"No f--king Olive Garden tonight Billy, go make yourself a g'damn bowl of Rice Krispies and let mommy drink her 'happy juice' in peace!!!"

They won't be loving it so much when they all have to repeat whichever grade they were in prior to this.

Or when they have resume classes in July then jump straight into the next school year in September.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 3:23pm
I had a gift card to Outback which we have basically avoided for a long time and got lunch there recently..the upshot of it is the LEAST i could get outta there for was around $13 ...thats BOTTOM line for a LUNCH..and it was merely okay.

-------------

Posted By: caroln242
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 3:41pm

I had a gift card to Outback which we have basically avoided for a long time and got lunch there recently..the upshot of it is the LEAST i could get outta there for was around $13 ...thats BOTTOM line for a LUNCH..and it was merely okay.

I was in the mood for ribs and was going to order take out at Outback until I checked their menu prices and saw a half rack of ribs and one side was going to cost $17.49.  I ended up ordering from the most expensive steak house in town and paid $22.00 for 2 entrees of half rack of ribs with 2 sides and a little warm loaf of bread.  Goodbye Outback.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 3:48pm
Screw off Facebook. eh.
This kids voice. 

-------------
------
"This Has Swag."

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 3:53pm

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 3:56pm

So the school year is officially over in PA, I'm sure in other places as well. So 
for many parents, the kids just got a 6 month Spring/Summer vacation (something I personally would have loved when I was a kid...but oh well)

They won't be loving it so much when they all have to repeat whichever grade they were in prior to this.

Or when they have resume classes in July then jump straight into the next school year in September.

Yeah I don't know what the situation will be, if they continue to do home schooling, turn in projects....I assume - more like fear NO ONE will repeat the grade, no matter how half-a**ed the work some of these kids spew out. 

But I wouldn't be shocked if PA started schools back up in early August this year, normal for many around the US, but not in this area. 

-------------
------
"This Has Swag."

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 4:18pm

Yeah I don't know what the situation will be, if they continue to do home schooling, turn in projects....I assume - more like fear NO ONE will repeat the grade, no matter how half-a**ed the work some of these kids spew out. 

But I wouldn't be shocked if PA started schools back up in early August this year, normal for many around the US, but not in this area.

If they resume classes in the middle of summer down here in the SE section of the country it will really suck for the kids because of how hot and humid the weather will be, not to mention the wild, crazy-ass summer thunderstorms we get  almost daily down here in Fla.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 5:24pm

If they resume classes in the middle of summer down in the SE section of the country it will really suck for the kids because of how hot and humid the weather will be, not to mention the wild, crazy-ass summer thunderstorms we get  almost daily down here in Fla.

The high school here looks like a pretty modern building, but I bet they don't have central AC.

I tried to find a pic of the Jr. High School I went to in Syracuse, IN. When I was there in the early 70s, they had built on a gymnasium and an Elementary School.  The original building is where my dad graduated from many moons ago.  No AC in there for sure.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

LOL I'll kick it up another notch... I can just picture it now...

"Hi, I'm Jared. You remember me from those Subway commercials? Sure, OK, I did a bad thing, and some of you out there probably hate me. But you know what? We're all in this pandemic together. Here are some helpful hints for you... blah blah blah" and he'll keep talking on and on as the camera zooms slowly in and out, it'll be about a 3-minute spot. 

Evil Smile
..And So it came to pass..Pro Flos Social Awareness ad features ...APRONS...
This feels more like Armageddon every damn day

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 7:30pm

..And So it came to pass..Pro Flos Social Awareness ad features ...APRONS...
This feels more like Armageddon every damn day

Maybe someone at Progressive will get the idea to take Flo's apron and make a virus mask out of it by wrapping it around her face a few times.

That would be an improvement anyway. Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 10:33pm
Jamie can fashion a MANKINI from his to save the world with his HETERO APPEAL

-------------

Posted By: CaptainErnie
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 12:25am
Gee, I feel so much better knowing Toyota Jen is worried about us

-------------
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 1:53am
also Toyota JAN-hey her anonymous skill & lack of real presence can easily lead to name non-recognition

-------------

Posted By: Jimmy
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Why in bloody hell is Toyota Jan doing a pretend home video for the Toyota ad? 

-------------
One man gathers what another man spills

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 12:22am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Because she's a pretentious phony dipsh*t who's made a career out of being a pretentious phony dipsh*t spokesperson for a pretentious phony dipsh*t car company that makes pretentious phony dipsh*t commercials meant to appeal to pretentious phony dipsh*t people.

What better way to carry on the tradition?

-------------

Posted By: commercialssuck
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 6:23am
I just want to thank all of you in this thread! It really made my day reading through all the posts of you crochety, complaining commercial haters! Especially Jimbo. Really made my day!

I too am sick of all the #Strong and fakeness that pervades our society these days. So much virtue signalling and self aggrandizing, it really makes me sick. I can't even watch the stupid news anymore (even local) because of all the crap. It almost feels like we are in a movie and only a few of us can really see the nonsense that is going on around us, as the rest of the "sheep" blindly obey their "masters".

At least you guys seem to understand how silly all of this is. Keep up the good work!Clap

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 6:29am
Quote I can't even watch the stupid news anymore (even local) because of all the crap.

Yeah, they are even doing the 'news' from home now.  I imagine that's saving a lot on the studio's lighting bills.  I'd even bet that many of them aren't wearing pants when they do their 'newscasts'...

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 7:10am
This freaking commercial comes on just about every break! And this is going to be on until July? Angry

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 3:30pm

Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Because she's a pretentious phony dipsh*t who's made a career out of being a pretentious phony dipsh*t spokesperson for a pretentious phony dipsh*t car company that makes pretentious phony dipsh*t commercials meant to appeal to pretentious phony dipsh*t people.

What better way to carry on the tradition?

I think any and all that have followed Jen ergh JANS 'career' here are on board with these sentiments
Also how bout Pat doing a PSA? is he deemed TOO stoopid to convey 'solidarity'? Something tells me his buffonery is TOO STRONG for 'these trying times'

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 6:26pm

Quote I can't even watch the stupid news anymore (even local) because of all the crap.

Yeah, they are even doing the 'news' from home now.  I imagine that's saving a lot on the studio's lighting bills.  I'd even bet that many of them aren't wearing pants when they do their 'newscasts'... 

I heard that back in the 80's, local weatherman Danny Trainor used to wear cut off blue jean shorts with his blazer and tie on because the camera only showed the top half of him anyway.

That guy's a kook. Still around too, on channel 6.

The only times I've ever seen him in public, he was at ABC Liquors buying beer. LOL 

-------------

Posted By: sgtrock21
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 12:23am
Originally posted by commercialssuck commercialssuck wrote:

I just want to thank all of you in this thread! It really made my day reading through all the posts of you crochety, complaining commercial haters! Especially Jimbo. Really made my day!

I too am sick of all the #Strong and fakeness that pervades our society these days. So much virtue signalling and self aggrandizing, it really makes me sick. I can't even watch the stupid news anymore (even local) because of all the crap. It almost feels like we are in a movie and only a few of us can really see the nonsense that is going on around us, as the rest of the "sheep" blindly obey their "masters".

At least you guys seem to understand how silly all of this is. Keep up the good work!Clap
Maybe 'The Matrix' was a documentary rather than science fiction.Wink 30 minutes into the local news and so far 100% COVID19. Same old crap over and over.Angry I'm in a semi rural area and see more and more people out walking their dogs with no one else around wearing their silly masks. I'm expecting by tomorrow or the next day the poor dogs will have masks! 

-------------
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous

Posted By: Kelly H
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 2:38am
.... yea... because with all that money I*m saving by not paying my mortgage - I think I will buy a new car instead!

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by commercialssuck commercialssuck wrote:

Maybe 'The Matrix' was a documentary rather than science fiction.Wink 30 minutes into the local news and so far 100% COVID19. Same old crap over and over.Angry I'm in a semi rural area and see more and more people out walking their dogs with no one else around wearing their silly masks. I'm expecting by tomorrow or the next day the poor dogs will have masks! 

That's all there is around here. That's all anyone will see on the news until the cases are down to nearly zero. With everything closed and crime down (except for break-ins), might as well call the local news "COVID-19 Nightly Update". I get two Seattle stations on cable and all the Yakima stations as well. Most have one anchor or have distanced themselves far away on set, but KING 5 in Seattle has one anchor and the meterologist doing the news from a home office. One anchor is at the studio.

Last night on TV, 80% of the commercials were COVID themed. Whether it was Dunkin' thanking the 'heroes' of the pandemic or Sling TV reminding us about the benefits of staying at home (with free Sling) they were EVERYWHERE. Even Quicken Loans' Jay Farner had a Coronavirus commercial! Angry
Please flatten that curve so we don't have to see these all summer!!! Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 12:48am
I'm also sick of these boring AF videos of aging musicians, or today's crappy musicians, sitting at a table, playing an ancient song on a Casio keyboard or a ukulele or some junk, and not even being able to sing on key. Ugh... enough. Thumbs Down

Posted By: NJtoTX
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 2:11am
It's sooo reassuring that my health and safety is the top priority of so many brands. 

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 2:50am
How cute, two brothers playing around...stuck in the house until mid Summer at the earliest probably.
What they won't show, these two will be tearing each others throats out by the end of May.

BUT...Milk will make everything better. Dead

When I hear dramatic soft music that starts off a commercial now, I know damn well its one of these sappy "we'll get through it together, trying times" ads.

The commercials have now hit a super new level of painful stupidity. 

-------------
------
"This Has Swag."

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 10:01am
Yep, always with that soft, solemn, uber-serious piano music in the background.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 2:54pm
Every corporate interest under the sun is now tripping and falling all over themselves, trying to jump on the "we care about you" bandwagon.

And as for all the "We're in this together" baloney.... 

I don't remember inviting you all into anything with me, so.... "Get the fûck out!!!!!" AngryAngryAngry 

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 3:29pm
as we as a set of misanthropes have said quite a few times lately..this AIN'T so different
from my average life. I am not a huge social beast in general, so...wtf?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 4:15pm

as we as a set of misanthropes have said quite a few times lately..this AIN'T so different 

Yeah, with the exception of not going grocery shopping as often as before and wearing a face mask when I do, I haven't noticed much difference from the way things were before.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 5:08pm

Yeah, with the exception of not going grocery shopping as often as before and wearing a face mask when I do, I haven't noticed much difference from the way things were before.

Same here! I don't stock up on things!  I could die tomorrow! I don't cook at home! Not anymore!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 2:58am

If this nonsense happened in the 80s, 90s...even early 00's, I'd might be going a tad crazy right now.

Seriously, I am now a person that just keeps to myself 99.9% of the time..been like this for 10, 11 years. Not a fan of going out or big crowds. (Sounds stupid, one massive personal benefit for me that has come out of this, this wedding I was invited to almost a year go happening on May 2 is no more...I've been dreading that - and now it's such a huge weight off my shoulders!) 

-------------
------
"This Has Swag."

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 2:57pm
my only real dread of this-excepting GETTING that friggin disease-is this herd culler will only leave the STUPID, STRONG types who drive like idiots and wear backwards caps and chew cud!

-------------

Posted By: TV Watcher #1
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 4:55am

Thanks Ron for posting that Oreo commercial, I JUST saw that on TV seriously WTF?!! They actually sat around - I assume some video conferencing call with the rapper to come up with this pile of crap rap to fit the sign of the times.

And if that other Toyota "feel-good" junk wasn't bad enough, they brought back Jan - same dumb red shirt and all, sitting in her home - for a special message in these uncertain times.

(* I swear, If I hear the term "uncertain times" once more in these damn commercials! Confused )

how long till they s💩it can jan?

Posted By: sgtrock21
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by TV Watcher #1 TV Watcher #1 wrote:

how long till they s💩it can jan?
Vehicle sales and service make $$$$$$$!!!!! Jan and Toyota don't give a rat's behind about anything or anyone else. Gag me with a Ginsu!Angry

-------------
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 1:13pm

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 3:49pm
If everyone's Walmart is like mine, hardly any Easter candy was sold this year thanks to COVID. Right now, with lots of candy still on the shelves, we've marked it all down, and it's currently 75% off.

Anyway, if you're so inclined (and your store's like mine) stock up! Still lotsa good stuff left.

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 4:22pm
^  Mr.Tim was talking like a 'Candy Man' the other day.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk