Cars are NOT Cars Anymore!! I Hate It!!

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Miscellaneous
Forum Name: Off-Topic
Forum Description: Discuss whatever.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=26771
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:02pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Cars are NOT Cars Anymore!! I Hate It!!
Posted By: PitLoad413
Subject: Cars are NOT Cars Anymore!! I Hate It!!
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:56am
You know what I miss more than good music, good movies, and the absence of P.C. culture in our colleges and universities are proper cars.  The fact that Ford MoCo decided to be a rather stupid MoFo and got rid of all of their sedans and hatchbacks from its portfolio to focus (no pun intended) on CUVs a few months ago has angered me. I thought the last economic crisis has killed off the SUV craze!  It's ten years later, and more SUVs (oh I'm sorry assholes, Crossovers) than ever sit in our parking lots and they're growing bigger like the last wave. Apparently, the auto industry (especially the morons at Ford) have not learned their lesson. I would never sell out by owning one because I am a car guy since 1993 and always will be.  I never like their fuel economy which is 23-27mpg on average, if it were a car it would be 30 years behind the CAFE standards or it would be a supercharged BMW or Mercedes with a V8.  But I digress! 

I hate them because they are so boring, bland, and conformist vanilla. Loaded with all of the techno-goodies and designed like a Laz-Y-Boy recliner for a fat middle-aged dupe who's T-shirt is too small to cover his spare tire-sized stomach. Not to go on a tangent, there. Crossovers are just boring, boring to drive, boring to look at. What the sh*t is so exciting about them? You're not going off-road with them. There's no diversity in them, no convertible or T-top models. Hell, even their colors schemes can cure insomnia! Why can't they be mint green, yellow, torino red, electric blue, teal, magenta, even? Case in point: the Ford Explorer, with the exception of a few bolt-on mods like hidden lightbars, crash bumpers, and spotlights one cannot tell the police model from the civilian one from a distance. My other problem is if the nation goes through another gas crisis the American auto industry is f**ked. I've always liked Ford's resilience and ability to create pleasant-looking models even during the malaise era. I wished its brothers followed suit. But now, if they do so, not even an Uncle Sam cash payoff can save GM and Chrysler this time. And remember not everyone wants an oversized station wagon-looking type thing in their driveway.

Replies:
Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:49am
Agreed.  I'm nearing the point of needing a new car as I don't wanna be nickled and dimed to death with my 17 y/o Chrysler convertible.  The car runs fine and has only 86,000 miles, but little things are starting to go.  But unless I wanna spend $40-60,000 on a Mustang or Challenger, I'm faced with the cookie-cutter choices you mentioned.  Honestly, I just can't tell the difference between most cars these days.  For example, every make out there has some version of a Ford Fusion, and the differences are negligible.

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 11:24am
Welcome back, PL. Been awhile since you've been around to bitch about 'This Worthless World'.

Cars? Character?
They'll be even more bland as driverless vehicles take over more and more, starting with public transport to rolling markets or hotels or any number of services as brick & mortar-restricted functions become mobilized. It is already happening and will more rapidly expand with AI integration.
Mind you, I do not see this as a good thing, but more of moving into the world of 'Blade Runner'. 
'Share Cars' are also here and gaining popularity as they present new opportunities for insurance companies.

Oh...indeed, the Auto and fossil fuel industries are both genuinely f**ked and will not survive in our society another 30 years as they currently exist.

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk