Print Page | Close Window

What is your first memory of playing with a toy?

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Miscellaneous
Forum Name: Off-Topic
Forum Description: Discuss whatever.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=26421
Printed Date: 19 Mar 2024 at 3:05am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What is your first memory of playing with a toy?
Posted By: Angry McPisseron
Subject: What is your first memory of playing with a toy?
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 4:31pm
Just what the subject line asks.

Mine was from when I was somewhere between 1 and 1½, and I remember standing in my crib with a stuffed giraffe in one hand. Using the other hand, I'd pull a little tuft of fur off of it, drop it from the top railing of the crib, and say, "Q Q Q Q Q Q Q" as the little tuft of fur floated to the floor.

Lather, rinse, repeat. LOL

So, what was your first memory of playing with a toy?

-------------
http://www.ledmuseum.net/" rel="nofollow">

Replies:
Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 5:29pm
The first toy I remember, was a riding tractor tricycle similar to this one...

...that I got for Christmas when we lived in Hawaii.

I've got a picture of myself, probably taken on Christmas morning, sitting on it in our backyard wearing the plastic Army helmet that I also got.

-------------
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 5:44pm
^  I had the fire truck version of that.  But I dunno if it was my first memory.  I remember my crash cars.  '58 Chevys that you crashed into a wall and they fell apart (then you put them back together).

I also remember a car seat that had a tray and a steering wheel.  And I think it was in the car my parents bought before I was born (a '53 Chevy).  My father convinced me that I was actually steering the car from that car seat.

Posted By: aka ron
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 6:07pm
I don't really remember the early days...maybe after 5 or 6 years old.  Hot Wheels had this little motor that sent the cars flying down the track. Sometimes we created our own games. We had this oval coffee table with a railing and we would send marbles around it with our hands.  Slot cars!  The neighbor had a Big Wheel but I skipped the trike and went to a bike with training wheels.

Posted By: regulus
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 11:12pm
A Tricycle (I was three years old at the time).

-------------
Poiuyt Power!!!

Posted By: sgtrock21
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 2:34pm
My Ding-A-Ling?Wink

-------------
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 9:04pm
Cry
I was hatched so dirt-poor that for XMAS I always got the saaaaaame thing, year after year. A pair of pants with holes in the front pockets. They were functional and I always had something to play with...I don't think there were any ill effects, but contrary to popular belief, I am NOT Oriental, nor blind, and dead kittens do NOT litter my yard.

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 9:39pm
Earliest memory? Rolling back and forth, a metal yellow Tonka dump truck about the size of a small cat or dog, In front of a fireplace on the red carpet at my grandparent's house.

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Cry
I was hatched so dirt-poor that for XMAS I always got the saaaaaame thing, year after year. A pair of pants with holes in the front pockets. They were functional and I always had something to play with...I don't think there were any ill effects, but contrary to popular belief, I am NOT Oriental, nor blind, and dead kittens do NOT litter my yard.

OK, now let's talk about all those dead puppies...

-------------
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 10:30pm
I think that before the tractor, I remember a bag of little plastic airplanes.

I recall every night before I'd go to sleep after my folks put me to bed, I used to specifically ask if I could have a bag of plastic airplanes.

I have no idea how that got into my mind, other than possibly having seen one in a store somewhere and taken a shine to them.

Kinda like these...

I must've been about 4 y/o.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Cry

OK, now let's talk about all those dead puppies...
ShockedYou just don't get it, ol'Mule! Us pups were sent here to saaaaaaaaaave humanity! Heck, the whole stinkin' world...think of all the wives and families us pups kept together...see the lil'guy below? Look familiar? That's one less woman who no longer plays alone because she has learned to 'misterbait'.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/002/669/doggift.jpg" rel="nofollow">verylime a woman maslurbates gwes the world apuppy ease...

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: Jimmy
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 2:54am
My Mum told me that I had a Paddington Bear that was never out of sight when I was a tike. I also remember playing with Matchbox Cars for hours on end.

-------------
One man gathers what another man spills

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk