Print Page | Close Window

Walmart- Free Two-Day Shipping (video)

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television / Streaming Ads
Forum Description: You hate them. Tell us why.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=26339
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:14am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Walmart- Free Two-Day Shipping (video)
Posted By: aka ron
Subject: Walmart- Free Two-Day Shipping (video)
Date Posted: 09 May 2018 at 5:42pm
It drives me crazy when these places like Walmart and Applebee's just steal some old song, add some video and BOOM!  DONE?  What a bunch of fuking lazy adholes! And, this song? WORST FREAKING SONG EVER!!!

Replies:
Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 09 May 2018 at 8:10pm
Nothing more great than when you're watching TV and suddenly blasted with YOU CAN RING MY BELL!!!!!!!!! in whiny top of their lungs voice. Very annoying!

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Posted By: DarkRealmStar
Date Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:12pm
They don't ring your bell.  They leave it downstairs so you have to go pick it up, or they throw it over the gate and it lands on the hard concrete or the landscaped plants, breaking and damaging them.  Angry When you order something from Walmart, you don't know what delivery service they are going to use until after you've paid for your items.  It could be FedEx, UPS (the worst), or USPS (the best).  

Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:34pm
What they don't tell you in the ad that is there's some kind of minimum order amount for the free two day shipping.

Probably about $50.00.

-------------
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States

Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 2:43am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

What they don't tell you in the ad that is there's some kind of minimum order amount for the free two day shipping.

Probably about $50.00.
The minimum order for free two day shipping is $35.00.  They SHIP the item(s) in two days of your order; you don't receive it in two days.  Nevertheless, it's a good deal if you are buying stuff from Walmart that is the cheapest price and you buy enough to stock up on things, or one item over $35.  Sometimes it's essential to order what you want online and have it shipped to you because the stores don't carry all items at all times.  It saves a trip to the store too.  If you need to return something, you can take it to the store instead of packaging and paying for return postage.  It's pretty much a win-win situation but they don't ring your bell.

Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:20am
I always opt for store pickup.

It's free and I go there once a week to shop anyway.

Plus I don't have to worry about being at home when the package arrives to keep the porch pirates from getting my stuff!!!

-------------
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 6:58am

I always opt for store pickup.

It's free and I go there once a week to shop anyway.

Plus I don't have to worry about being at home when the package arrives to keep the porch pirates from getting my stuff!!!

Sometimes I order for store pickup as well.  Many times I can get it the same day.  I like to do the many items shopping online so I don't have to go throughout the store, plus I can shop in peace online at home instead of being annoyed by crazy customers.  Big orders I want delivered so I don't have to carry it.

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:05am
Yeah, but please don't order big and/or heavy stuff.  Contrary to what you might think, there is not a team of young bucks ready and waiting to deal with your 200lb backyard swing sets.  There is me---a 160lb 62 y/o with back issues.  I have to get it into the backroom and onto a pallet (if it even fits on one) and then find some place to put it.  There is not some big area designated for this stuff.  There's not even a small area designated for it.  Often, it sits there for days as I or someone else has to move it from spot to spot until it gets picked up by the customer.  And please don't cancel the order.  That's a whole other set of hassles.  Thanks!  Big smile

Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 9:00am
I need a Lawn & Garden battery for my tractor!

Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Yeah, but please don't order big and/or heavy stuff.  Contrary to what you might think, there is not a team of young bucks ready and waiting to deal with your 200lb backyard swing sets.  There is me---a 160lb 62 y/o with back issues.  I have to get it into the backroom and onto a pallet (if it even fits on one) and then find some place to put it.  There is not some big area designated for this stuff.  There's not even a small area designated for it.  Often, it sits there for days as I or someone else has to move it from spot to spot until it gets picked up by the customer.  And please don't cancel the order.  That's a whole other set of hassles.  Thanks!  Big smile

Bitch, bitch, bitch!!!

You should be thanking the 1% for even having a job!!!!

Ingrate.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I need a Lawn & Garden battery for my tractor!

Check out Batteries Plus.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 6:22pm
^ That's actually a really good idea, the store has 4 parking spaces! A lot fewer steps to get what I want and that matters. Plus, there's an Arby's and a Hardee's right around the corner from there.  Thumbs Up

https://postimages.org/" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 6:44pm
That, and from what I understand their prices are pretty good.

And, I think they'll take your used batt'ry and give you back the core charge.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 6:59pm

Bitch, bitch, bitch!!!

Ingrate.

I don't care.  Just do as I tell you.

Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:59pm
LOLLOL

Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:05pm

Bitch, bitch, bitch!!!

Ingrate.

I should order a 100 lb set of barbells and have them sent to your store, then after they arrive, cancel the order!!!!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/CAP-Barbell-100-lb-Weight-Set-with-Chrome-Bar/45014176" rel="nofollow - CAP Barbell 100 lb Weight Set with Chrome Bar

Or better yet, order TWO!!!

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 11:13pm
Don't worry, Thor, I don't order from NJ, so your back is safe with me.  Tongue  Wink

I recently purchased a washer and dryer for my condo and because of shipping charges added on vs. free shipping on over $35 orders and which store had which appliance (and neither of them were available at the store, online orders only) I got one delivered via The Home Depot and the other by Walmart.  They have a shipping company like FedEx or UPS deliver stuff so one of each came.  I had the young bucks delivering my new launderette bring it up my stairs because there's no way I could do that myself.  Wink

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 11 May 2018 at 2:10am

Bitch, bitch, bitch!!!

Ingrate.

I should order a 100 lb set of barbells and have them sent to your store, then after they arrive, cancel the order!!!!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/CAP-Barbell-100-lb-Weight-Set-with-Chrome-Bar/45014176" rel="nofollow - CAP Barbell 100 lb Weight Set with Chrome Bar

ShockedCareful, ol'Mule! He MAY just have them delivered...

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Date Posted: 12 May 2018 at 10:12am

Theeeee worst!!!  The weights come stuffed in small cardboard boxes that are invariably falling apart and have to be taped up because they've been banging around inside of them while being moved from place to place, and the bars are just awkward to deal with.  Plus, all of this stuff is heavy.  I'm 62; there's just so much my body lets me do these days.

Date Posted: 12 May 2018 at 10:20am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Don't worry, Thor, I don't order from NJ, so your back is safe with me.  Tongue  Wink

I recently purchased a washer and dryer for my condo and because of shipping charges added on vs. free shipping on over $35 orders and which store had which appliance (and neither of them were available at the store, online orders only) I got one delivered via The Home Depot and the other by Walmart.  They have a shipping company like FedEx or UPS deliver stuff so one of each came.  I had the young bucks delivering my new launderette bring it up my stairs because there's no way I could do that myself.  Wink

People like the "site-to-store" thing because shipping is free. But there's some things which can't be shipped to/picked up at the store (like your washer/dryer).  Still, a 200lb swing set or heavy furniture is allowable.  I dunno why.  We have neither the manpower nor space to deal with it.  Such things get damaged in the stockroom, and then I have to get them on a trailer and return them.  Angry

Date Posted: 12 May 2018 at 2:52pm

Theeeee worst!!!  The weights come stuffed in small cardboard boxes that are invariably falling apart and have to be taped up because they've been banging around inside of them while being moved from place to place, and the bars are just awkward to deal with.  Plus, all of this stuff is heavy.  I'm 62; there's just so much my body lets me do these days.

I'm glad you told me all that.

It will make it just that much more funny when I order a couple of sets of them into your store!!!!

-------------

C'mon, man!

Posted By: !Tommy
Date Posted: 28 May 2018 at 11:21pm
I haven't heard this one in a while. What is it with "ringing the bell" all the time now? It's like a new thing. Yeah, this was a song but you hear it all the time, even on YouTube. You don't just subscribe, you have to RING THE BELL so you can get notifications spamming up your email box. Hell, even eBay has a bell icon. What is it with the bells.....dumb ding dongs.

Posted By: crainbebo
Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 1:58am
Every time this RING MY BEEEELLLLLLLLL airs, I mute this stupid thing.

-------------
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!

Posted By: Jimmy
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 2:21am
What is wrong with people today if they think that sh*t like this is music?! That person sings like a cartoon character behind the typical electronic, computer-enhanced disco noise of today. Just because you play it LOUD and you can shake yer arse to it, doesn't make it likeable, and it sure isn't music!
When this ad arrives on my telly, I feel like kicking the screen!
f**k you Walmart! I've never visited any of your stores in the past, and with this sort of ad you are not focusing on my lifestyle!

-------------
One man gathers what another man spills

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 5:24pm
CHRIST!  I'm about to punch the next Walmart employee I see. Ring his or her bell!  Anybody wanna stand up and take one for the team? Wink

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 2:39am
Why do so many advertisers feel compelled to use music like this? That person "singing" sounds like a cartoon character. I detest the "music" of today!

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 6:59am
I know, it's horrible. This commercial comes and goes at times. I swear the bitch singing here has a helium latex balloon handy so they can get the highest, most obnoxious voice possible.

Posted By: Triple J
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Why do so many advertisers feel compelled to use music like this? That person "singing" sounds like a cartoon character. I detest the "music" of today!

It's actually a song from 1979. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_My_Bell" rel="nofollow - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_My_Bell

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 2:40am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_My_Bell" rel="nofollow - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_My_Bell

And regardless, it's a terrible, horrible song. I don't think even Minnie Mouse sounds this annoying.

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 6:22am
I'm so sick of this horrible commercial that I feel like finding the nearest rock and throwing it at my TV. This weekend I've seen it, at least, 25 times. If not, 30 or 40.

Ring this, Walmart! Shove this up your a$$es! AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

-------------
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!

Posted By: tikibagger
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 3:26pm
it follows Walmarts 'bludgeoning' tactic of constant repetition of a 'theme' that only the most severely retarded could miss- aka 'ring my bell'...

OK WE GET IT U HOME DELIVER!!

crikey

-------------
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:09am
I received my Walmart shipment today and they did not ring my bell.

To be fair, there is no bell to ring.  Tongue

They delivered my package of 5 items (all in one box!  and at the same time!!) which I ordered late Sunday night.  Two-day shipping free because I got over $35 worth of needed stuff.  Got it Monday at 2:15pm.  Stellar!  Star

The only complaint I have is that they use FedEx to deliver and, despite my leaving a detailed note on the gate to bring it upstairs to my number, he delivered it to the other staircase's landing.  I had to carry a 25-lb box down stairs and up my stairs, which wasn't easy for me.

So, Good on Walmart, bell or no bell, bad on FedEx.

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

I never heard of it back then. I was actually still living in my home country (England, U.K.), and I hated disco with a passion.
I still hate disco, which is now called hip hop.
Rhythmic diarrhea is what it is!

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 7:01pm
I swear this might be one of the top 10 worst commercials of 2018. Just saw it again today, and muted it immediately.

-------------

Posted By: Triple J
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 3:24am

I never heard of it back then. I was actually still living in my home country (England, U.K.), and I hated disco with a passion.
I still hate disco, which is now called hip hop.
Rhythmic diarrhea is what it is!

That is precisely why it drove people to do... THIS. 

Posted By: sgtrock21
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:02pm
Would it be acceptable to "Ring Her Bell" with a Louisville Slugger?

-------------
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:09pm
Now here's the thing:
I don't mind disco music. It's much better music than the dreck and rap that's on Top 40 radio today. Donna Summer, the Bee Gees, Village People, you name it. I'll take 'Macho Man' over 'All I Do is WINWINWIN...' I hear 'Ring My Bell' once in a while on my local Rhythmic Oldies FM station. Now I have to change the FM station - thank you Walmart!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 10:46am
I tolerate 70s disco now more than I did in the 70s, but not this song.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 3:46pm
We all hated disco in the 70's. Most of the white kids I knew back in high school and later, in college, also hated what was back then known as "soul music".

Now when I occasionally hear that old disco and soul music, I realize that a lot of it was truly great.

I often times imagine myself going back in time and telling those people I knew back then to enjoy it while they can, because what's coming down the road in the future is so bad that they'll be looking back at that music and longing for "the good ol' days".

-------------

C'mon, man!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk