Forum Description: Go here to voice your opinions
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=26071
Printed Date: 27 May 2018 at 8:47am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: AT&T YOUR THING GARBAGE
Posted By: commercialssuck
Subject: AT&T YOUR THING GARBAGE
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 8:59am
I've been seeing this a lot lately. So many camera cuts and action it could cause seizures! Of course it has many of the prerequisites to appeal to millennials and average people.

You got your black female voice over. You got non white people all over the place. (I actually counted, and of all the "main" characters in the ad, 3 are white and 8 are non white. The guy on the rocket bike was hard to tell, so I didn't count him). You got a fat person doing her "thing". Of course, you have the smug, swaggering black girl football player who presumably whooped the boys' buts' (guurrrlll power Thumbs Down). You got the cute animals and cute kids. You got the "hip" techno style music. All designed to appeal to the masses and make more money for the corporate giant at&t. As if they're not rich enough. Cry

Replies:
Posted By: aka ron
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 5:46pm
Yikes!!

I hate AT&T!

-------------
I can't complain but sometimes I still do.

Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 6:11pm
What kind of disengenous POS is this crappy commercial?

A fat ballerina? No, just no.

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 6:46pm
We have our own 'thang' here.  I couldn't find his guide to all his thangs.

-------------

Posted By: ThatNerdInPhilly
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 1:22am
JUST saw this. It goes on and on and on. 
WTF does having AT&T have to do with this empowerment BS?

Another new annoying ATT ad. Bunch of freggin noise! 

When it came on I thought it was another one of those annoying Strayer University commercials. 
"Let's get it!" Dead

-------------
------
"This Has Swag."
~ Idiot from an iHop Commercial.

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 6:14pm
What the hell is AT&T doing here? Angry Are they trying to attract a certain ethnic group or just pushing mine away?  So annoying!

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

WTF!? How does a twenty something call this 'good music'!? Hell I was a twenty something and I never considered this crap great music. I do like some trance and techno music such as Aurora Borealis's "Milky Way" (Lunatic Acid Mix) and Slyder's "Score" but not random crap such as this.

-------------

Posted By: DarkRealmStar
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

WTF!? How does a twenty something call this 'good music'!? Hell I was a twenty something and I never considered this crap great music. I do like some trance and techno music such as Aurora Borealis's "Milky Way" (Lunatic Acid Mix) and Slyder's "Score" but not random crap such as this.
Phuck!  Where are the Doublemint Twins when you need them?

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 3:04pm
Keep seeing different new versions of this "Your Thing" crap. It just gets under my skin.

At first I thought it was SNL Leslie Jones narrating it, but after seeing Kimmel a few nights ago I'm fairly sure its this actress Lena Waithe (I never heard of her - or this "The Chi" show)

ALL of these cell phone commercials from Verizon, ATT Sprint's d-bag Paul - to the loud blaring music / noise on the actual phones for iPhone and especially the new Samsung phone ads are just horrific!!

-------------
------
"This Has Swag."

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 4:46pm
The only thing I like about her is the "3" on her hat. Kinda reminds of the 3 of WFSB from 1985 to 1993. Simple and modern. Sorta miss it.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 4:28pm
These commercials are really pissing me off! Angry  And what is it with all of the adholes out there today?

Do they really think that if they use a (woman or a man) with a heavy ghetto funk dialect it's really gonna get me to buy their services?  F*ck No!!  Angry  If I didn't already hate AT&T, these commercials would stop me from doing business with them. "any talk is good talk"  Not in my book! AngryAngry

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 4:37pm
March Madness?  I'm mad because it still feels like winter where I live. Angry  FVCK OFF!! AT&T.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

These commercials are really pissing me off! Angry  And what is it with all of the adholes out there today?

Do they really think that if they use a (woman or a man) with a heavy ghetto funk dialect it's really gonna get me to buy their services?  F*ck No!!  Angry  If I didn't already hate AT&T, these commercials would stop me from doing business with them. "any talk is good talk"  Not in my book! AngryAngry

Black chick throwing out her white cracker boyfriend?  Shocked  I guess she decided to go back to black.

I know what you're thinking.  I want to share with you that the rumor is not necessarily true.  One day a few months ago while I was driving on a residential street toward home, at the corner of an intersection a kerfuffle occurred.  I had already seen some black guy running on the sidewalk, and two police officers were yelling at him to stop, and chasing him.  When he got to the intersection, a cop tried grabbing him by his clothes and the guy, who had to be high on something, immediately took off his clothes, including his pants, and he wasn't wearing any underwear.  It sounds funny perhaps, but it was a sad scene as to how ugly people can get when they're out of control.  A cringe-worthy spectacle. Anyway, that rumor, I was unfortunate enough to have had to see, is not true, at least in this case.  Ouch

Posted By: MrCleveland
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Black chick throwing out her white cracker boyfriend?  Shocked  I guess she decided to go back to black.

I know what you're thinking.  I want to share with you that the rumor is not necessarily true.  One day a few months ago while I was driving on a residential street toward home, at the corner of an intersection a kerfuffle occurred.  I had already seen some black guy running on the sidewalk, and two police officers were yelling at him to stop, and chasing him.  When he got to the intersection, a cop tried grabbing him by his clothes and the guy, who had to be high on something, immediately took off his clothes, including his pants, and he wasn't wearing any underwear.  It sounds funny perhaps, but it was a sad scene as to how ugly people can get when they're out of control.  A cringe-worthy spectacle. Anyway, that rumor, I was unfortunate enough to have had to see, is not true, at least in this case.  Ouch

I hate this commercial too!

Better idea...she throws the TV and it crushes the ex! When the cops come by...she makes a sob story and they watch TV!

-------------
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)

Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 12:26am
The little bitch is a living, breathing endorsement for domestic violence.

Just for throwing his guitar on the sidewalk, she deserves a boot in the ass.

If not her, then the dickless little worm who thought that was cute enough to be a TV commercial.

Once again, just imagine if they showed a guy treating a female that way.

-------------
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!

Posted By: SalvorHardin
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 12:45am

I thought the one that said "furbaby" was as bad as it could get then they roll this one out, great job AT&T endorsing being an unreasonable destructive asshole that treats the public sidewalk like a garbage can without any context for her actions, for all we know her bf questioned some conspiracy theory of hers and she went nuts.

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 2:43am
Originally posted by SalvorHardin SalvorHardin wrote:

I thought the one that said "furbaby" was as bad as it could get then they roll this one out, great job AT&T endorsing being an unreasonable destructive asshole that treats the public sidewalk like a garbage can without any context for her actions, for all we know her bf questioned some conspiracy theory of hers and she went nuts.

I'm thinking maybe she found out that he did her mother and sister at the same time and didn't invite her to join in.

-------------

Posted By: Anduril
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 11:12am
I think what AT&T means by "any talk is good talk" is that their engineers are so desperate to get their network to work, that they'll take anything.   Even a garbled mess.  Dead

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 11:44am

ShockedAngryI had not seen this commercial and just watched it in this post.
I'm still in total, flu-like shock - I REALLY DO NOT LIKE this commercial or the subtle messages it sends. After watching it (and I had to watch it *3* times to be SURE)...THIS commercial bring racism or maybe even 'gay hate', possibly BOTH back into the picture. In my books, it turns the clock back and just makes me sick.

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 10:25pm
Unfortunately, AT&T probably thinks it is a "women's empowerment" message and they just threw in the couple (soon to be uncoupled) as interracial to be trendy.  Do they not think it makes the black woman look like a crazy shrew? What if it were reversed:  a man, any man, throwing a woman's stuff out the window to the unlucky woman, any race?

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 11:51pm

Unfortunately, AT&T probably thinks it is a "women's empowerment" message and they just threw in the couple (soon to be uncoupled) as interracial to be trendy.  Do they not think it makes the black woman look like a crazy shrew? What if it were reversed:  a man, any man, throwing a woman's stuff out the window to the unlucky woman, any race?

Somebody ought to point that out to AT&T.

Even though it would probably just go in one ear and out the other.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Somebody ought to point that out to AT&T.

Even though it would probably just go in one ear and out the other.

AT&T doesn't have any ears (which is a useful thing otherwise they'd have to endure their own crappy service!)

They do however have multiple asses.  (Specifically including their entire management.)
So, it would be more correct to say "In one ass and out the other".

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 4:08pm
It's your THANG!! Do whatcha wanna do!

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 4:25pm
IT'S OUR THANG!!

Truly, one of the most bizarre moments in Donna's storied history.

Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 11:35pm
Weird...
I was under the impression that Donna was a gay male in his mid-20's.
Guess I wasn't paying much attention. 

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 2:43am
I think the real Donathan (and of course that is not his/her/it's real name) paid that young woman on the bus to read that from a script.  Wink  Her real name probably isn't really Karen either!  Tongue

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 4:33am

I think the real Donathan (and of course that is not his/her/it's real name) paid that young woman on the bus to read that from a script.  Wink  Her real name probably isn't really Karen either!  Tongue

Anything is possible I suppose. I can only tell you that she (I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume she is Karen in the video and pic) took the selfie and made the video at my request after a couple of PM exchanges.

I hold no ill will towards Donathan. To me, this internet forum business is all about having fun. Some people have fun differently than others.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 4:49pm
Your thing, your thang! I have no ill will either, he just puts himself out there so much, I couldn't help it. I think Donna is still using some alias and posting just like he always did.  Most people come off as pretty normal...others don't.  Look who is making accusations lately.

-------------

Posted By: CapeCat
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 9:51pm
OK, I just watched the "Break-up" version of the ad a few times and can list a few things that really, really bothered me - certainly, the vengeful, irrational, out-of-control young woman acting like a three-year-old in public is completely alienating and painful to watch.  Lady, NO ONE CARES that you are mad at your boyfriend.  Case closed.  Throw your tantrum (and all your/his stuff) elsewhere.  The air-mailing of trash onto the public sidewalk is just awful.  After you kill your boyfriend with all that flying debris...who's going to clean up YOUR mess?    

The apartment - at least from the outside - appears to be neglected and dilapidated - peeling paint, gross windows, dead potted plants, and yet the young woman has some pretty nice clothes and electronics (check out the TV that she gazes at so rapturously...that wasn't sent flying out the window, although I'm sure that Errant Boyfriend must have helped her buy it, LOL)  

And even creepier - if you pause it at  about 8 seconds in - there is a baby in a stroller on the sidewalk coming into the picture (look to the right)!  We can only hope that Crazy-Eyed Vengeful Over-Empowered Angry Goddess Of Independence didn't smash the little tyke too.  Horrible, horrible ad!  AngryAngry

-------------
CapeCat

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

...And even creepier - if you pause it at  about 8 seconds in - there is a baby in a stroller on the sidewalk coming into the picture (look to the right)!  We can only hope that Crazy-Eyed Vengeful Over-Empowered Angry Goddess Of Independence didn't smash the little tyke too.  Horrible, horrible ad!  AngryAngry
ConfusedI thought I saw the same thing and I DO believe it added to the 'creepy *itch'-factor...in any case, anyone who has to throw anything at anyone else should be apprehended and restrained. Or shot on the spot, maybe mildly-muderated, doncha know...

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 11:49pm

OK, I just watched the "Break-up" version of the ad a few times and can list a few things that really, really bothered me - certainly, the vengeful, irrational, out-of-control young woman acting like a three-year-old in public is completely alienating and painful to watch.  Lady, NO ONE CARES that you are mad at your boyfriend.  Case closed.  Throw your tantrum (and all your/his stuff) elsewhere.  The air-mailing of trash onto the public sidewalk is just awful.  After you kill your boyfriend with all that flying debris...who's going to clean up YOUR mess?    

The apartment - at least from the outside - appears to be neglected and dilapidated - peeling paint, gross windows, dead potted plants, and yet the young woman has some pretty nice clothes and electronics (check out the TV that she gazes at so rapturously...that wasn't sent flying out the window, although I'm sure that Errant Boyfriend must have helped her buy it, LOL)

And even creepier - if you pause it at  about 8 seconds in - there is a baby in a stroller on the sidewalk coming into the picture (look to the right)!  We can only hope that
Crazy-Eyed Vengeful Over-Empowered Angry Goddess Of Independence didn't smash the little tyke too.  Horrible, horrible ad!  AngryAngry

Love the description!!! Gonna remember that one!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 4:57am

And even creepier - if you pause it at  about 8 seconds in - there is a baby in a stroller on the sidewalk coming into the picture (look to the right)!  We can only hope that
Crazy-Eyed Vengeful Over-Empowered Angry Goddess Of Independence didn't smash the little tyke too.  Horrible, horrible ad!  AngryAngry

Love the description!!! Gonna remember that one!!!
Back in my day, they used to call it being on the rag.  Wink

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 2:50pm

The only thing I like about her is the "3" on her hat. Kinda reminds of the 3 of WFSB from 1985 to 1993. Simple and modern. Sorta miss it.

I'm not that great with the current crappy music of today, but I do know this "3" is some kind of logo for Chance The Rapper. But when it comes to commercials, he was in that goofy Kit Kat ad.

I don't even know what the 3 means - guess I can look it up but I just don't care. 

You can now own a "3" hat for just.....um....
..$40.00! ConfusedSleepy🤔

http://chanceraps.com/shop/

-------------
------
"This Has Swag."

Posted By: sgtrock21
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 5:13pm

Anything is possible I suppose. I can only tell you that she (I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume she is Karen in the video and pic) took the selfie and made the video at my request after a couple of PM exchanges.

I hold no ill will towards Donathan. To me, this internet forum business is all about having fun. Some people have fun differently than others.
I also hold no ill will towards Donathan. I just don't believe anything they post. Especially "Karen".

-------------
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 5:29pm

I'm not that great with the current crappy music of today, but I do know this "3" is some kind of logo for Chance The Rapper. But when it comes to commercials, he was in that goofy Kit Kat ad.

I don't even know what the 3 means - guess I can look it up but I just don't care. 

You can now own a "3" hat for just.....um....
..$40.00! ConfusedSleepy🤔

http://chanceraps.com/shop/
Is Chance the Rapper wearing a fur coat? That's not very PC!

I remember this Mink Stole my mom used to have. It was creepy! It had paws and claws and a head with teeth! It scared the bejesus out of me.

-------------

Posted By: MrTim
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:48am
Quote Is Chance the Rapper wearing a fur coat? That's not very PC!

Look closer.  It's a fur hoodie with teddy bear ears.  And claws on the cuffs.  Gotta be a weird story about cosplay going seriously wrong there somewhere...   LOL

(Or maybe the joke is that he's a black bear...  Ermm )

-------------
http://mrtim1k.blogspot.com/ - WKRP closing theme lyrics HERE!

Posted By: LovinItLots
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 2:08am
Commercialssuck, you're a small-minded racist. Who gives a rat's butt how many "non white" actors there are?!? This is America, the land of potpourri cultures. Get over it.

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by LovinItLots LovinItLots wrote:

Commercialssuck, you're a small-minded racist. Who gives a rat's butt how many "non white" actors there are?!? This is America, the land of potpourri cultures. Get over it.

While I agree with you here I think his point was how politically correct they are. I don't really get bothered by how many black people there are in a commercials so maybe he is a racist.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 6:11pm
I get BS junk mail from AT&T a couple times a week, It pisses me off so much I called them.  Some foreign f*cktard didn't understand what I wanted.  Leave me alone!

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 6:27pm
What's with the stupid changes in the design of the logo? Are they trying to ripoff the 1980s MTV logo variations?

None of these stupid "ideas" are original!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2018 at 2:10am
Great.  That background music is almost as bad as the voiceover lady with the vocal fry, or is that the other way around? Confused Unhappy

Date Posted: 01 May 2018 at 4:41pm
! SOB there's vocal fry in this one too!

-------------

Posted By: AdvertRevert
Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 5:17am
Too bad that someone posting here is ultimately called a racist for pointing out the obvious.  90% of Commercials now feature 90% non=whites and it feels like they bend over backwards to insure that NO white males are in the superior role in the ad.  Towards this ATT ad, they don't dare put a black boyfriend in this role because of the long term stereotype that all black men cheat on their girlfriends.  What they miss on is that they are bolstering the stereotype of angry black women overreacting in over-the-top fashion. And I agree with initial point that the female anncr is awful!  When it comes on, which is several times a day regardless of what channel I have on unfortunately,I cannot grab the frkg remote fast enough.

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:29am
Originally posted by AdvertRevert AdvertRevert wrote:

Too bad that someone posting here is ultimately called a racist for pointing out the obvious.  90% of Commercials now feature 90% non=whites and it feels like they bend over backwards to insure that NO white males are in the superior role in the ad.  Towards this ATT ad, they don't dare put a black boyfriend in this role because of the long term stereotype that all black men cheat on their girlfriends.  What they miss on is that they are bolstering the stereotype of angry black women overreacting in over-the-top fashion. And I agree with initial point that the female anncr is awful!  When it comes on, which is several times a day regardless of what channel I have on unfortunately,I cannot grab the frkg remote fast enough.
I'm already weary of this new It's Your Thing campaign from AT&T.  There are plenty of black and/or African-American voiceover artists who do a great job.  (I'm not including Arby's Ving Rhames in this LOL.)  It's the vocal fry I can't stand, and it's really annoying when a black woman is trying to sound like a Valley Girl.  Or vocal fry is so widespread now everyone's doing it!  Angry

Posted By: sgtrock21
Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

...And even creepier - if you pause it at  about 8 seconds in - there is a baby in a stroller on the sidewalk coming into the picture (look to the right)!  We can only hope that Crazy-Eyed Vengeful Over-Empowered Angry Goddess Of Independence didn't smash the little tyke too.  Horrible, horrible ad!  AngryAngry
ConfusedI thought I saw the same thing and I DO believe it added to the 'creepy *itch'-factor...in any case, anyone who has to throw anything at anyone else should be apprehended and restrained. Or shot on the spot, maybe mildly-muderated, doncha know...
And it creates the question of who would be stupid enough to push a stroller anywhere near that dangerous display of bat scat insanity???ConfusedConfused (double confused)

-------------
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous

Date Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:47am
I get a little satisfaction just knowing I'm not the target demographic here.  It ain't my thing!

-------------

Date Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:56am
Some thoughts from their facebook page...

Great job of totally screwing up DirecTV! Now the "new improved" guide is pathetically slow! It reminds me of first generation receivers from 1996!
https://www.facebook.com/ufi/reaction/profile/browser/?ft_ent_identifier=10156447687463909_10156447762498909&av=100001346242247" rel="nofollow -
- - - -

AT&T paid $600,000 to gut net neutrality and to push for a merger. They only got half of what they paid for - as far. AT&T SUCKS!

Kinda hard to watch anything when AT&T s data Throttling everyone

Worst service ON THE PLANET!

I see a breach of contract lawsuit coming!

AT&T is blocking Yahoo on my mobile phone

Omfg it is impossible to get my phone upgraded properly w att. WTH. I have spent so much time online chat and phone and in store to get the phone I want and I still don’t have it. This is such a clustereff. They don’t care about my loyalty so not sure why I’m staying these days.... maybe this upgrade needs to go to Verizon. And my daughter’s new phone line too. bc att can’t seem to handle it.

https://www.facebook.com/ufi/reaction/profile/browser/?ft_ent_identifier=10156447687463909_10156447762498909&av=100001346242247" rel="nofollow -
- -

-------------

Posted By: Jay
Date Posted: 22 May 2018 at 3:34pm
I hate these commercials. Starting with the person doing the voiceover. Hate her voice. I tried to look up who she is and can’t find it. Sounds like a few people. Mainly Queen La Queefa. Or possibly Mohammad Ali’s daughter. I Hate how she keeps saying your thang over and over.

-------------
Jay

Date Posted: 22 May 2018 at 4:02pm
I think it's Lena Waithe, a popular in some circles black comedienne.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk