Print Page | Close Window

"Muh muh muh Monkeys Yeah yeah yeah yeah"

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television / Streaming Ads
Forum Description: You hate them. Tell us why.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=25519
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:43pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: "Muh muh muh Monkeys Yeah yeah yeah yeah"
Posted By: fourstrongwinds
Subject: "Muh muh muh Monkeys Yeah yeah yeah yeah"
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 6:56am

This commercial and the damn SONG!!! I actually think the song *could* be good, but I'll never know because hearing the same 15 second clip over and over AND OVER again (literally every single commercial break on ANY given channel) has so beyond ruined it. It's one of those that I dread and I think of Phil and Lil from "Rugrats" saying MUH MUH MUH MUH MUH MONKAAays. yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

and did I mention how much and how long they've played this?

Replies:
Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 8:04am
This commercial gets annoying and tiresome very, very fast. After 5 times I'm already sick of it!

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 10:52am
The scrawny little douchebag magician or whatever he's supposed to be, with the cheesy looking haircut is the most annoying part of the ad.

Do something about that greasy looking mop on your head, dude.

-------------
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States

Posted By: Jimmy
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:11pm
This ad is meant for Hipsters, which I am not.

-------------
One man gathers what another man spills

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

This ad is meant for Hipsters, which I am not.

I bet this guy loves it...

-------------
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!

Posted By: aka ron
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 5:57pm
^ LOL

I thought this was Phil Collins...Confused

All this monkey talk reminded me of this, too.  LOL

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 3:53am
ConfusedI can't say I HATE this commercial, no. I can say I see a lot of controversy over this one.
I've seen a lot of chatter about biracial couples in it...WHY? Biracial couples aren't uncommon at all.
There's the Liz Brady song in the background, 'La Palladium' (yes, she is singing in French)...I've seen people thinking she is singing about the MONKEYS in the room and all I can do is shake my head. 'Monkiss' is what she is singing about - a dance craze back in the mid-'60's. With all of this catchy-confusion, Stella didn't help themselves with the black tikihead, much less the throwing of something sharp at it.

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 11:16am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ConfusedI can't say I HATE this commercial, no. I can say I see a lot of controversy over this one.
I've seen a lot of chatter about biracial couples in it...WHY? Biracial couples aren't uncommon at all.
There's the Liz Brady song in the background, 'La Palladium' (yes, she is singing in French)...I've seen people thinking she is singing about the MONKEYS in the room and all I can do is shake my head. 'Monkiss' is what she is singing about - a dance craze back in the mid-'60's. With all of this catchy-confusion, Stella didn't help themselves with the black tikihead, much less the throwing of something sharp at it.

Nobody here at CIH has said any of that and honestly, after having gone back and rewatched it just to look for them, I don't see any biracial couples at all.

A bunch of white hipsters and one black guy is all I see.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Posted By: Jimmy
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 1:34pm
I didn't notice the bi-racial stuff at all, my earlier remark was from what I saw that annoys me to the nth degree........HIPSTERS! 

-------------
One man gathers what another man spills

Posted By: CaptainErnie
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 3:58am
Yes.... it's MONKISS  NOT MONKEES

-------------
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex

Posted By: tikibagger
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 4:20pm
man KISS...thats definitely hipster turf. Yeah, there are FAR worse ads than this, but i can see the noxious slant of 'too cool for YEW' that makes this a bit more D-baggy than many--its like those retro Diet Coke ads.

-------------
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Nobody here at CIH has said any of that and honestly, after having gone back and rewatched it just to look for them, I don't see any biracial couples at all.

A bunch of white hipsters and one black guy is all I see.

Look to the past and the east, Laddie! If I recall, when they are originally putting the 33 1/3 on the player.

My comments were simply cut & paste from another thread on the same subject.

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk