Print Page | Close Window

Febreze- Droolius Caesar (video)

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television / Streaming Ads
Forum Description: You hate them. Tell us why.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=25221
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 2:32pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Febreze- Droolius Caesar (video)
Posted By: aka ron
Subject: Febreze- Droolius Caesar (video)
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 10:28am
Dear Febreze,
Your commercials stink...I don't love them!! AngryAngry

Replies:
Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 10:38am
Aren't they (Febreeze) the same ones who do the "I love you sofa" nonsense, where they talk about back sweat and "Gordo's everything" while this huge Great Dane jumps up on it and lies down?

Apparently, they think it's cool to put dogs in all their ads and give them goofy names.

Who would name their dog "Droolius Caesar?

Maybe a college fraternity would, but not an adult.

-------------
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Aren't they (Febreeze) the same ones who do the "I love you sofa" nonsense, where they talk about back sweat and "Gordo's everything" while this huge Great Dane jumps up on it and lies down?

Apparently, they think it's cool to put dogs in all their ads and give them goofy names.

Who would name their dog "Droolius Caesar?

Maybe a college fraternity would, but not an adult.
Yep, I especially hate the 'basement bathroom' commercial.
Her #1 place to go #2...STFU!!  AngryAngry

Posted By: Anduril
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 11:16am
News Flash:

Dogs absolutely hate smelling like heavy perfume.
They have a very keen sense of smell - way more sensitive than even most dog owners realize.

If you love your pooch, ditch the Febreze immediately.
Try a neutral unscented oatmeal-based dog shampoo instead, at regular intervals - and problem solved!

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 11:21am
Only a bunch of college frat boys would name a dog Droolius Caesar.

-------------
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 12:02pm

Only a bunch of college frat boys would name a dog Droolius Caesar.

I don't know.... I named one of my dachshunds "Herbie Hamhock [my last name]"  Tongue

But that was only his official name on his AKC papers.
We tried to keep his pedigree on the down-low so he'd be easier to train! 

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 12:10pm
"Herbie Hamhock"?  LOL

Posted By: crainbebo
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 6:12pm
The one commercial I hate from this series is the 'basement guest bathroom' version. Disgusting!

-------------
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

News Flash:

They have a very keen sense of smell - way more sensitive than even most dog owners realize.

Try a neutral unscented oatmeal-based dog shampoo instead, at regular intervals - and problem solved!

One less, "woof" to answer.

One less, bowl of food.

Our last picture of Leah, 2 days before we put her down.

https://postimages.org/" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 7:47pm
Poor Miss Leah Doggie....

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

One less, "woof" to answer.

One less, bowl of food.

One less poop to scoop....

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 7:57pm
LOL

Posted By: DarkRealmStar
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 11:22pm
Poor Caesar, I hope he's on his way to the dog groomers!

Posted By: Dr. John Dorian
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 3:05am
Febreze commercials want to make me scream, "WOULD YOU PIGS JUST ACTUALLY WASH STUFF???" Who the heck thinks spraying perfume on stuff is an acceptable substitute for proper cleaning? It's the equivalent of 15 year old boys who take a bath in body spray instead of showering and using a proper amount of deodorant.

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 3:20am
Originally posted by Dr. John Dorian Dr. John Dorian wrote:

Febreze commercials want to make me scream, "WOULD YOU PIGS JUST ACTUALLY WASH STUFF???" Who the heck thinks spraying perfume on stuff is an acceptable substitute for proper cleaning? It's the equivalent of 15 year old boys who take a bath in body spray instead of showering and using a proper amount of deodorant.

Seriously.

Have you ever smelled a B.O. stinking shirt that's been sprayed with Febreeze?

It smells like this sickening mixture of perfume and B.O.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Posted By: MrTim
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 6:25am
Quote Febreze commercials want to make me scream, "WOULD YOU PIGS JUST ACTUALLY WASH STUFF???" Who the heck thinks spraying perfume on stuff is an acceptable substitute for proper cleaning? 

We tried Febreze a long time ago.  It got tossed after we discovered that the spray, after it dried, formed a tough film (most noticeable on the AC intake vents, which required soaking and scrubbing to remove the Febreze residue that got sucked in.)  Will never use that stuff again...

-------------
http://mrtim1k.blogspot.com/ - WKRP closing theme lyrics HERE!

Posted By: Virginia Dare II
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 6:03pm

Does that also work on Jock Son's sweaty back and Grampa's stinky butt ?   LOL Jimbo...our pal "Gordo" (who is appearing now with alarming frequency on "Food Network" of all places !)  is a Mastiff not a Great Dane.  But I bet they all smell the same !  BAD.  Dead

-------------
" Pickle YOU...Kumquat !!"

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 6:19pm
LOL

Dogs do stink, cats have their own special odor too.

Freaking Fabreze, Lysol, Clorox have made it a multi million dollar industry. You can keep a clean house without all of their Bullcrap.

Like this one..."You're lucky you're cute?"

Well, what if the little critter isn't cute?  Are you going to beat it? Leave it out in the cold?

No!! You stupid aunt!! You don't deserve the love of a pet you bitch!!  Great message Lysol and f*ck you very much.

Posted By: shEEEsh
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 5:02pm
The fact that they use the word “stink” turns me off. .. Commercials are getting too descriptive. Like the toilet paper ads and KY etc ..

-------------
eBay schmeBay
www.omigosh.com

Posted By: !Tommy
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 5:55pm
I took all 3 and made them into my own creation

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 5:58pm
LOL

Another great parody...you have to watch until 22 seconds!  LOL

Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 6:44pm
Both are hilarious!

For some odd reason I laugh more at the first one when the hand putting on the clip goes back and forth. I don't know why it just happens! Plus Yakety Sax makes everything funny!

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

I took all 3 and made them into my own creation

This is hilarious!  Are you in the editing business?  You did a great job.  You should upload this to YouTube and send it to Febreeze.  They should get a kick out of it.  LOL  Thumbs Up  Of course, they'll probably sue you if you upload it to YT.  Confused

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:19pm
Ba bam!  That's really clever and funny!  Thanks for the laughs guys!  LOL  Big smile

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

This is hilarious!  Are you in the editing business?  You did a great job. You should upload this to YouTube and send it to Febreeze.  They should get a kick out of it.  LOL  Thumbs Up  Of course, they'll probably sue you if you upload it to YT.  Confused

Errrr.... ummmm.... errrr.... don't know how to tell ya this girruh-fren, but he already uploaded it to YouTube.

That's how he was able to post it here.

Sorry....

As for suing him, I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 1st Amendment protects such things when they're done as parody.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Posted By: Virginia Dare II
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by shEEEsh shEEEsh wrote:

The fact that they use the word “stink” turns me off. .

The three words I can find to describe this commercial are as follows...and I quote:  Stink....STANK....STUNK !! Tongue 

-------------
" Pickle YOU...Kumquat !!"

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 4:16am
I do love editing stuff. If you look at my channel you'll see I've done plenty with Wilford Brimley. I actually threw the Febreze one together quite fast. I wanted to do a bit more with Droolius, especially him walking into the van with a cigarette already in his mouth. The why he likes his privacy, I left that up to your own sick minds. ;)

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 5:00am

Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

This is hilarious!  Are you in the editing business?  You did a great job. You should upload this to YouTube and send it to Febreeze.  They should get a kick out of it.  LOL  Thumbs Up  Of course, they'll probably sue you if you upload it to YT.  Confused

Errrr.... ummmm.... errrr.... don't know how to tell ya this girruh-fren, but he already uploaded it to YouTube.

That's how he was able to post it here.

Sorry....

As for suing him, I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 1st Amendment protects such things when they're done as parody.
LOL
I completely zonked out on that one!  I knew the second one was on TY but didn't even realize the first video was a YT video.  Must have posted before my caffeine fix kicked in.

Well, at least !Tommy knows his talents are appreciated.  LOL

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 10:24am
Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

I do love editing stuff. If you look at my channel you'll see I've done plenty with Wilford Brimley. I actually threw the Febreze one together quite fast. I wanted to do a bit more with Droolius, especially him walking into the van with a cigarette already in his mouth. The why he likes his privacy, I left that up to your own sick minds. ;)

Which video editing software do you use?

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 2:35am
I just use VideoStudio, so nothing too fancy, but just enough to get the job done!

Posted By: crainbebo
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 6:10am
Every damn day. Droolius Caesar. The couch. The basement guest bathroom (ewww!). All of them are cringe-worthy. Time for a new campaign Febreze!

-------------
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!

Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 6:55pm
Just saw this dumbass commercial a couple minutes ago! Here's a message, WASH YOUR DOG! I m seeing this ad way too many times. I'd rather watch hours and hours of 60s ads than this Febreze $###!

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Posted By: jon1
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:30am

The first few times I saw this commercial I didn't actually see it, I just heard it. And I kept wondering what a "gordo" was. As in, "Bare feet, backsweat, and gordos. Everything."

Posted By: jon1
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:34am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Every damn day. Droolius Caesar. The couch. The basement guest bathroom (ewww!). All of them are cringe-worthy. Time for a new campaign Febreze!

Yes - but not as cringe-worthy as the commercial with the two guys (on the phone) literally wretching over finding some 4-day-old sushi in the refrigerator. 

Or the ad where Puddy (aka Patrick Warburton) takes out his own appendix. 

What the f**k were they thinking? 

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:42am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Just saw this dumbass commercial a couple minutes ago! Here's a message, WASH YOUR DOG! I m seeing this ad way too many times. I'd rather watch hours and hours of 60s ads than this Febreze $###!

"New Fabreze dog shampoo.
Don't delay.  Order in the next 15 minutes and we'll double your order!"  

Posted By: CaptainErnie
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 4:07am

News Flash:

Not only that, but if you have birds, Febreeze contains ingredients that are highly toxic ( I mean DEADLY) to birds

-------------
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex

Posted By: Jimmy
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 4:38am
Fabreze is wretched. I can't stand the idea covering the stench of filth with perfume. Sort of like spraying cologne on a turd, you still have the turd....making it smell like Faberge doesn't erase the fact that you need to clean the filth!

-------------
One man gathers what another man spills

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Fabreze is wretched. I can't stand the idea covering the stench of filth with perfume. Sort of like spraying cologne on a turd, you still have the turd....making it smell like Fabreze does erase the fact that you need to clean the filth!

I used to occasionally use Febreze on my upstairs couch.  It was a fabric couch.  Not much else you can do with those.  Luckily, cats don't generally smell, so they weren't the problem.  That couch was in a room I smoked in.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 12:00pm
It's ok if the odor you're trying cover up isn't very strong. But let's say you had a shirt that really needed to be washed because the armpits stunk of B.O. and you tried to cover it up with Febreeze. You'd be walking around smelling like perfumed B.O.

Why do I know this?

Well...

Fortunately I "sensed" the futility of spraying Febreeze on a stinky shirt BEFORE leaving the house and hence, didn't embarrass myself.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 12:07pm
https://postimages.org/" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 12:18pm
Always take a smellfie....

...BEFORE you leave the house!!!!

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 12:23pm
LOL

Sometimes, I can't stand to be around me.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 1:11pm

I HATE MYSELF!!!!!!!

-------------

C'mon, man!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk