Print Page | Close Window

Peloton Bicycle

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television / Streaming Ads
Forum Description: You hate them. Tell us why.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24028
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:02am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Peloton Bicycle
Posted By: galloglass
Subject: Peloton Bicycle
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 1:57am
I loathe this commercial...the smug voice-over...no, this is not my multi-million dollar house, nor my model wife, nor anything in this video.

Replies:
Posted By: aka ron
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 6:24pm
My computer is having another meltdown, I have another window open that I can't get to close.

Bringing a Peloton Cycle bike home with you costs $1,995. It's your bike to keep. You will, however, need to pay a $39 per month subscription fee to continue taking spin classes over the HD screen. That $39 per month subscription fee includes unlimited streaming rides, both live and on-demand.

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by galloglass galloglass wrote:

I loathe this commercial...the smug voice-over...no, this is not my multi-million dollar house, nor my model wife, nor anything in this video.

Agreed.

The weather looks nice enough that she SHOULD be abled to get her butt out and ride for real.

The smug atmosphere, here: If you cannot afford to put your Peloton in a room like this, then this commercial is not for you.

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 8:12pm
In most houses, exercise equipment like this is placed in the smallest bedroom, and usually ends up serving as a clothes hanger.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 8:16pm
^THAT very thought crossed my mind, also - but it was simply too depressing to post.

-------------
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: UpNorthBob
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 2:13pm
And, of course, while she is self-indulging on her expensive toy, her obviously precocious rugrats have gotten themselves up and dressed, and have probably fixed mom her healthy breakfast, along with their own. Meanwhile, Dad is not seen, most likely because he left months ago for a normal woman.

Posted By: arizonajoe
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 5:50pm
This commercial exudes narcissism. This bicycle is the very reason this divorcee gets up.
She pays homage to the "god" of physical fitness because (and I'm assuming) she got the house and the kids in family court and has to get her workout and shower before the kids get up and start throwing hard objects around that $200,000.00 picturesque room of triple pane furniture-grade wooden window walls. The elitism is nauseating.

So a commercial about an overpriced stationary bike leads me to focus on the "poor" executive ex-husband who funds this woman's lifestyle of spinning away the calories of her bonbons and the Peloton he paid for via spousal support, not to mention child support.
And the guy pictured at the table is probably her new boytoy nibbling on the Pop tarts
he fed her kids.

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 6:40pm
^ $200,000 room? I don't know about that.
It looks pretty cold and frosty there, it would cost a lot of money to heat a room that is all glass like that. It reminds me of the Ferris Bueller  (room of the falling Ferrari).

Posted By: DemonicMelodies
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 2:41am
I too loathe this commercial..so smug. I feel this way about most if not all exercise equipment ads, including fit bit commercials.

-------------
People are dumb.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 3:18am
Gotta love the fact you can exercise with your online friends - watch each other sweat without the odor of success. 

-------------

Posted By: A Millennial
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 4:46am
Nothing in this commercial is relate-able. I don't have a perfect body, nor the spacious living quarters, nor the money to afford that bike. I get the new years is coming and people want to get fit for their resolution.... also the whole "if you have to ask how much, you can't afford it" when i see this commercial.

-------------
I am part of the target audience....and I hate it.

Posted By: Anduril
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by A Millennial A Millennial wrote:

Nothing in this commercial is relate-able. I don't have a perfect body, nor the spacious living quarters, nor the money to afford that bike. I get the new years is coming and people want to get fit for their resolution.... also the whole "if you have to ask how much, you can't afford it" when i see this commercial.

No McMansion indoor gym and six-figure checking account? 
Not to worry...

Home Depot has the 3-pc. "Total Body Workout" package on sale now!

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by DemonicMelodies DemonicMelodies wrote:

I too loathe this commercial..so smug. I feel this way about most if not all exercise equipment ads, including fit bit commercials.

Yes.  Smug.  That's the word for this commercial.  Superior, too.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Not to worry...

LOLLOL
You're right, just simple everyday things can help keep you in shape.

What about pushups and situps, maybe a simple bar for pullups.
Some dumbells and what the hell else would you need?  It's crazy!

You wanna see your rival sweat?  Maybe remove a piece of clothing for motivational support. Evil Smile

Get one of these!

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 9:08am
^  That sort of woman would never do actual labor.

Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Not to worry...

-------------
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States

Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Ya think so?

Because the word that keeps popping into my mind is "douchebag".

-------------
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States

Posted By: DemonicMelodies
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Ya think so?

Because the word that keeps popping into my mind is "douchebag".

I think both work lol

-------------
People are dumb.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk