Topic: It's Earth Day
Posted By: applepiemommy
Subject: It's Earth Day
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:32pm
Whatcha gonna do? Cool

Replies:
Posted By: HollyRock
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:35pm
Enlist my favorite kid, and plant some flowers!

-------------
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:40pm
I might be heading to the foothills to do some goldmining amidst the pine trees and streams.  Of course, the Earth Day people would disapprove.

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

Seriously?   Wow!  Big day in your family...

-------------
What does Dr Traci have to say about it? http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Dr-Traci

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:56pm
Applepiemommy...you somehow duplicated this topic.  You can go in and delete the other one, but you'd have to do it before anyone replies to it. 

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 6:00pm
Bummer. What happened was when I posted it the first time it was too soon after one of my other brilliantly witty posts, and it called me a spammer. So I had to re-do it. But then, it seems, the computer posted both the new one and the spam one. Note to self: the spam messages get posted anyway.

Or, maybe it's global warming.

-------------
What does Dr Traci have to say about it? http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Dr-Traci

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 6:43pm
Earth Day?
We've retired the autos, for the time being - I even de-plated and garaged one.
10-speeds and tennis shoes, everywhere.
Just made the trip to the banco and grocery store - via shoe.
Plenty of fresh, unprocessed food - yea, we carried it home.
We were goin' to our backyard (The Falls) - and have us a little picnic...but I think that now will wait for TOMORROW, at dawn.
We're beat & I'm cranky.
http://members.aol.com/khanwe/Wolf_Photos/Kiri_kissing_his_brother_Socrates.JPG">

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: Hafk
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 7:48pm
It's Earth day: Do you know where your Earth is?

Posted By: NiteRaidah
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 8:03pm
It's in its room.  It wouldn't eat its vegetables.

-------------
I have 168 characters remaining.

Posted By: kat
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 5:37pm
I bought a T-shirt made entirely of an organic cotton/recycled materials blend, and then I went to Lowe's and purchased a blackberry plant so I can grow my own tasty fruits. =D

And I also emphatically tried to convince my mom to either get an Escape or forgo SUVs completely once the lease on her Explorer is up.

-------------
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by applepiemommy applepiemommy wrote:

Not good enough?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 2:56pm

Not good enough?

No, I realized after I'd replied that I took the term "enlist" literally, when you probably meant, "get my kid to help me plant flowers."

Guess that made my answer sound pretty snarky, huh?  Confused

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 3:28pm

Guess that made my answer sound pretty snarky, huh?  

No worries!  The enlisted kid ended up being a seven year old girl who would be most pleased if the snapdragons bloom actual dragons.  I'll report back if they do

Side comment: Snarky is a wicked fun word.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 4:18pm

Side comment: Snarky is a wicked fun word.

I read that and thought "Hmmmm...must be from Massachusetts".  Then I looked at your "location".

Posted By: CatWoman
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 4:30pm
We have trays of veggies started for green beans, swiss chard, two types of tomatoes, 2 types of peppers, okra, and as for flowers, sweet williams, baby's breath, and rose moss (baby's breath and rose moss will be planted around the mail box.)

We have flowering trees coming in from Arbor day to replace some trees that were killed by grape vines.

My nursery class is also having a sale at the beginning of May.  I'll be helping with that, and will buy some brussels sprouts plants from the school.

As far as gas goes, we have to be very conservative due to its cost.  We plan outings carefully, so that helps.

-------------

Posted By: Jimmy
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 4:53pm
I'm going to mow our lawn with my battery powered lawn mower. (Great invention my wife bought me last year, it's found at neutonpower.com...check it out! It's quiet, cuts well, completely adjustable, even has attachments to wack the weeds and do trim work....and you don't have to put any oil or petrol in it. BLOODY BRILLIANT!)

After I'm finished with the outside work, I plan on making some crab cakes, baked mac and cheese, and we'll have some wine, cheese and apples for desert.

I have the day off, so there will be no driving the car anywhere.

I'll also take a nice walk with my puppy. He loves those strolls, especially when he see's his other canine friends Coco and Lexie!

Posted By: FaithSF
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 6:34pm
I just read that Earth Day is actually April 22, so this coming weekend works, too!

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

I just read that Earth Day is actually April 22, so this coming weekend works, too!

Maybe you can go to Golden Gate Park and clean up the needles!! 

Posted By: regulus
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 10:05pm
A Car Dealer is giving away Scratch-Off Lottery Tickets, so I'm going to drive my 70 MPG Scooter over there and try my luck. If I get a Winner I'll "Relieve" a Wallys of a Bargain DVD!LOL

Posted By: msmadz
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 10:11pm
I'm going to work at home tomorrow.

We planted our lettuce this weekend. Still too cold for anything else to get planted.

-------------
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Posted By: FaithSF
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 12:18am

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Maybe you can go to Golden Gate Park and clean up the needles!! 

Hey, you! I didn't say *I* was gonna do anything; just that anybody who wishes to can. LOLSeriously, though, I have become much more conscious of my carbon footprint. I'm bringing my own reusable Costco bags (they are the BEST), and I'm walking and busing more.  (Of course, the price of gas helps with that.  I just got a "bargain" when I gassed up the car today. I only paid $3.83!!!

Posted By: DirtyD79
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 2:21am
In celebration of Earth day I'll crumple paper just to throw it out, wash my car, me and my neighbor are gonna burn styrofoam in his yard and even though he lives two doors down I'll be sure to drive to his house. 

-------------
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 10:20pm
http://bl107w.blu107.mail.live.com/mail/ReadMessageLight.aspx?Action=ScanAttachment&AllowUnsafeContentOverride=False&AttachmentIndex=0&AttachmentDepth=0&FolderID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000003&InboxSortAscending=False&InboxSortBy=Date&IsMessageSafe=True&MessageCodePage=20127&ReadMessageId=37d07900-d6d6-4ae7-bf01-725d746b0dd4&n=1822024487 -  BadDayinTexas.jpg
This came from one of our Pups, down in Texas...it has NOT been 'adjusted'... 
I DO NOT miss this kind of weather...'EarthDay' seriously needs to be extended...

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 11:15pm
It's nice and sunny here, but uncomfortably hot. 

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 6:40am

Seriously, though, I have become much more conscious of my carbon footprint. I'm bringing my own reusable Costco bags (they are the BEST)...

I always encourage the bagger to "try and get as much stuff into as few bags as possible---and no need to double-bag.  The bag only has to last the 20 feet or so from my trunk to my kitchen counter, and I have too many bags in my life as it is.

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 6:43am

...Of course, the price of gas helps with that.  I just got a "bargain" when I gassed up the car today. I only paid $3.83!!!

Small tank, huh?

Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 1:52pm
I've got something to brag about!!!!!

On Earth day I didn't even drive a single mile in my car!!!!

(that's because it has problems that need to be fixed,LOL can't go on the highway has problem accelerating but on regular roads it's fine.)

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Posted By: Hootman
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 1:53pm
Thor, I filled my 1973 Toyota for less than $3.00 before the 1973 energy crisis.

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 2:10pm
Ahhhh, yes!  I remember some friends and I pooling together 46 cents for a gallon+ of gas at a Hess station in 1972 in order to be able to drive around aimlessly (well, the "destination" back then was always the "ozone") in a 1966 Buick Special for a few more miles.

Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 5:42pm
When I first got my drivers license driving by myself was a real treat. Because my dad drove over a hundred miles round trip to work & back everyday, filling up his '73 VW Bug was a nightly after dinner ritual that he was more than happy to allow me to perform on his behalf.

There was a Hess station about 4 miles or so from our house that had the cheapest gas in town. I could get a half a tank for right around the $2 he'd give me, (often times with a little change left over) at the whopping price of 27.9 ¢ per gallon.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk