Print Page | Close Window

Straight OUTTA Compton great a movie about rap!

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television / Streaming Ads
Forum Description: You hate them. Tell us why.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=21747
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 1:31pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Straight OUTTA Compton great a movie about rap!
Posted By: Ad nauseous
Subject: Straight OUTTA Compton great a movie about rap!
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:07am
Great

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Replies:
Posted By: i8acannibal
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:25am
Yup. I agree. I have absolutely zero desire to see this. Also sick of constantly seeing the trailer. I wish rap would go away. 

-------------
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.

Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:36am
Straight outta Compton & into the sewer.

Which is kinda redundant, really.

-------------
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States

Posted By: videotapeguy
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:39am
What's this about?

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:45am
It about how the rap industry started, which frankly I don't care about. Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, and others are mentioned.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:46am
So basically its a movie that goes

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM with a pounding drum beat all the way through, on top of which is a crapload of swearing.

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 3:07am
Originally posted by videotapeguy videotapeguy wrote:

What's this about?
ErmmAnother miserable attempt to justify and glorify thuglife. Gangstas wanna watch gangsta flics they can relate to.

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: Snesgamer
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 3:17am
I'm just gonna assume there's going to be a lot of people in the movie that damn near require subtitles to understand their ghetto gibberish, and a storyline where "deyz life beez hard n' sheeitz when dey was yung" and about their quest to escape the ghetto by their "music" that sounds the exact same as hundreds of other rapper wannabes out there.

I honestly do not know what so many people see in rap/hip-hop these days. Aside from the addition of a few techno influences in the last few years, the genre has seen very little progression, if any. A rap song today sounds just about the same as one from 2000.

It's staler than disco, and pretty much deserves to leave the scene of music history the same way.

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

I'm just gonna assume there's going to be a lot of people in the movie that damn near require subtitles to understand their ghetto gibberish, and a storyline where "deyz life beez hard n' sheeitz when dey was yung" and about their quest to escape the ghetto by their "music" that sounds the exact same as hundreds of other rapper wannabes out there.

I honestly do not know what so many people see in rap/hip-hop these days. Aside from the addition of a few techno influences in the last few years, the genre has seen very little progression, if any. A rap song today sounds just about the same as one from 2000.

It's staler than disco, and pretty much deserves to leave the scene of music history the same way.

lol! eyo dawgh! eu ghot sum monhey?

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 3:34am
Check this out. They way they talk is little better than caveman grunting it's so unevolved.

Posted By: Donathan
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 9:12am
I remember one of my "Friends," on IMDB being from Compton, and posters laughing their asses off, saying something like, "Look at straight laced Donathan trying to fool us into thinking he could actually last in Compton..."

But about the movie, I remembered rolling my eyes when I saw this trailer. One of my very first thoughts was, "Really? Didn't they recently do a Biography Movie on Biggie Smalls? Now they are doing a movie on NWA? Get out of here! But, at least it is about when Rap Music was actually good, talking about trials and tribulations of living in the Ghetto, and just trying to stay alive, and not the Rap today which is about how much money, flashy jewelry, cars, women, and houses they have.

-------------
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.πŸ˜€ Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! πŸ˜€

Posted By: Darthhillbilly
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 10:06am
^How in the name of the Emperor's butt hole did you make this about you? Oh wait, I forgot, everything is about you.

Anyway, I don't have any feelings one way or the other about this movie. I'm not interested in rap, so I won't go see it/rent it... but I understand why it would be made... Because there ARE people out there interested and will go see it. It'll make money, they'll make another one, just like every movie about every other everything out there.

Look for this treasure in a 3-foot cardboard cube in the back corner of a Walmart just in time for the Holidays.

-------------
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson

Posted By: Tully Blanchard
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:54pm
To quote the classic film Trading Places...

"They're a very musical people, aren't they?"

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 3:21pm

I love rap music, especially the violent lyrical content. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 4:39pm
"...when rap music was actually good..."

Rip, rap, rippity rap, a rip rap rippity do!!

Yeah, that was just soooo good.

-------------
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I love rap music, especially the violent lyrical content. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

LOL
Is that roof high enough...or does it need to be raised?!
Thor gets props from a close friend!

-------------
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 5:39pm

Rap music is all about real life---my life---my life on the streets, keepin' it real. That's why I love it so.

Posted By: aka ron
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 5:42pm
^^^
LOL

Posted By: crainbebo
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 5:47pm
Rap music is NOT music!! It's annoying noise with some guy talking at about 150 words a minute. And most of the rap songs nowadays are about sex, drugs, women, nasty things that little kids shouldn't hear but unfortunately do due to the nature of media nowadays. And we wonder why they get into Grand Theft Auto and Beats By Dr. Dre by middle school 5th grade...
This movie should go down the drain, like what I think rap music should do. AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

-------------
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 6:00pm
^ConfusedI hear what you are saying...but can you tel us how do you really feel about RAP?

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Great

I'm not gonna give them the pleasure of posting the video.
It does help us know what's being talked about.

When rapping was cool.

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Great

I'm not gonna give them the pleasure of posting the video.

It does helpΒ us know what's being talked about.
Β 

/DIV]
Β 

Β 

When rapping was cool.

Β 

Fine, I'll post it.

-------------

Posted By: TV_Casualty
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:07pm
Why does everyone think rap is just "yo homie yo yo yo?"LOL

Maybe you guys have been listening to too much "pop rap" of today to not know about the other good stuff that is not just a load of crap. A lot of the rap today is pure garbage but songs like this from back in the day are very good and he's not just talking nonsense. Compare this song to a stupid "pop rap lyrics" of today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKjj4hk0pV4

It's like hearing Garth Brooks and saying "country sucks" without hearing Johnny Cash or Charlie Daniels.

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:15pm
^No it isn't. Ain't nuthin' but a bunch of monkeydrivel or chimpjizm by boyz with girly braids.
Having said that, you're allowed an opinion, even if wrong.
Nice to hear from you again. Wink
Yo.
Werd.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:26pm

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

posting the video.

When rapping was cool.

Fine, I'll post it.
I posted the video, no need to be defensive.

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^No it isn't, but we'll let you keep your opinion.
Ain't nuthin' but a bunch of monkeydrivel or chimpjizm by boyz with nasty braids.
Nice to hear from you again.
Yo.
Werd.
Braids on Boys what wanna be guirls.

lol you can't tell the difference between that and pop rap of today?

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:30pm
LOL'PopRap' is so embarrasing...but we have to do it for the children, doncha know. Keeps 'em out of trouble and lets them know not everything associated with RAP is bad (some is silly, or fun).

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

Maybe you guys have been listening to too much "pop rap" of today to
not know about the other good stuff that is not just a load of crap. A lot of the rap today is pure garbage but songs like this from back in the day are very good and he's not just talking nonsense. Compare this song to a stupid "pop rap lyrics" of today:

Lotta niggas and bitches and drugs and guns and being all gangsta. I heard this sorta rap song a million times in its heyday.

What is it you like about such lyrics?

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 9:51pm

not know about the other good stuff that is not just a load of crap. A lot of the rap today is pure garbage but songs like this from back in the day are very good and he's not just talking nonsense. Compare this song to a stupid "pop rap lyrics" of today:

It's like hearing Garth Brooks and saying "country sucks" without hearing Johnny Cash or Charlie Daniels.

To be honest, I've heard a handful of rap songs that I either liked or didn't hate. You can find something likable in just about any style of music or art. Rock is the same way. Some real gems amidst a sea of second & third rate crap.

But on the whole, as a musical form, rap sucks.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 12:44am

Lotta niggas and bitches and drugs and guns and being all gangsta. I heard this sorta rap song a million times in its heyday.

What is it you like about such lyrics?

Just something different from the usual stuff. I like the flow of it. He's really just telling a story about his life.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

To be honest, I've heard a handful of rap songs that I either liked or didn't hate. You can find something likable in just about any style of music or art. Rock is the same way. Some real gems amidst a sea of second & third rate crap.

But on the whole, as a musical form, rap sucks.

I'm mostly into the old school stuff anyway. I don't like much new stuff. I like eminem but only the first few albums. After that, he lost it in my opinion.

I mostly listen to metal, punk, jazz, blues, that kind of stuff. Rap is a change of pace for me. I just hear the old stuff and like it. It's hard to explain why you like something. You just hear it and something just clicks in your brain, you know?

I was just using an analogy. N.W.A., Nas, Tupac, Notorious B.I.G., Mobb Deep are like "the doors and led zeppelin" of rap.

Some of this new stuff that's out today is just garbage like Lil Wayne, just like Garth Brooks or Trace Adkins is crap compared to Johnny Cash or Charlie Daniels.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 1:33am

I'm mostly into the old school stuff anyway. I don't like much new stuff. I like eminem but only the first few albums. After that, he lost it in my opinion.

I mostly listen to metal, punk, jazz, blues, that kind of stuff. Rap is a change of pace for me. I just hear the old stuff and like it. It's hard to explain why you like something. You just hear it and something just clicks in your brain, you know?

I was just using an analogy. N.W.A., Nas, Tupac, Notorious B.I.G., Mobb Deep are like "the doors and led zeppelin" of rap.

Some of this new stuff that's out today is just garbage like Lil Wayne, just like Garth Brooks or Trace Adkins is crap compared to Johnny Cash or Charlie Daniels.

Re: Eminem, he actually did one of my all time favorite videos of any kind of music.

Without Me:

My favorite rap song was the theme to a great 1980's Sean Penn movie about the gangs of Los Angeles.

Colors:

Re: Garth Brooks, that guy is a joke. And Trace Adkins is worse. He does that stupid tear jerker song they use in the ads for the Wounded Warrior Project, which of course I support, but Adkins is a total hypocrite because he shills for conservative pro-war politicians while crying fake tears over Wounded soldiers.

Make up your mind, wouldja Tracey? You're either for the wounding of soldiers or against it. You can't be both.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 2:17am
Thanks Jimbo! I forgot about the early Eminem vids and songs. Always amusing. Not like the raptards from thelmid to late 90's and after Eminem's second album. I remember listening to Tupac and a few others in the early 90's, then it all just turned to sh*t. Eminem was fun, so was Afroman. After that it all kinda sucks.

And don't get me started on Trace Adkins. I think there is another couple of Veterans ads that use country music as well. It seems that they get less whiny and "patriotic" for these ads. Tons of cash to be made. And no, Trace doesn't get my saved prayer. In fact, every time I hear that damn song, I want to jump off my balcony. Or get drunk... I like drunk. Wacko

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 2:39am
lol forgot about Afroman. He's funny.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 2:44am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Re: Eminem, he actually did one of my all time favorite videos of any kind of music.

Without Me:

My favorite rap song was the theme to a great 1980's Sean Penn movie about the gangs of Los Angeles.

Colors:

Re: Garth Brooks, that guy is a joke. And Trace Adkins is worse. He does that stupid tear jerker song they use in the ads for the Wounded Warrior Project, which of course I support, but Adkins is a total hypocrite because he shills for conservative pro-war politicians while crying fake tears over Wounded soldiers.

Make up your mind, wouldja Tracey? You're either for the wounding of soldiers or against it. You can't be both.

lol my one friend was saying a while ago that Wounded Warrior shouldn't even exist. The government should pay for all their bills since they sent them to war in the first place.

Posted By: commercialssuck
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 5:22am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Rap music is NOT music!! It's annoying noise with some guy talking at about 150 words a minute. And most of the rap songs nowadays are about sex, drugs, women, nasty things that little kids shouldn't hear but unfortunately do due to the nature of media nowadays. And we wonder why they get into Grand Theft Auto and Beats By Dr. Dre by middle school 5th grade...
This movie should go down the drain, like what I think rap music should do. AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

Yes, yes, YES!!!!Clap

Posted By: commercialssuck
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 5:26am

Maybe you guys have been listening to too much "pop rap" of today to not know about the other good stuff that is not just a load of crap. A lot of the rap today is pure garbage but songs like this from back in the day are very good and he's not just talking nonsense. Compare this song to a stupid "pop rap lyrics" of today:

Sorry, still sucks!!!

Posted By: DKS
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

As a genre, I hate rap. But I hate false generalizations just as much. I haven't heard anything I'd call good rap, but no, there's plenty of rap nowadays that's NOT about those things. It's just not the pop rap that you hear on the radio. The same pretty much applies to all genres, you may not like a genre, but generalizing the ENTIRE genre based on the few pop acts you hear is just beyond foolish.

-------------
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"

Posted By: tikibagger
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 4:37pm
rap is basically threats set to theft--music recut by collagists who cannot MAKE their own but sure are creative at recasting OTHERS genius--then taking credit

that said, I DO like De la Soul, IceT, the Beasties and some others-I mean, isnt hard rock basically theft of the Blues? Cmon, if its good its good

but will i see this movie? AW HEYELLL NAH

like I say about Taylor Swift and most Bro country; "its NOT for ME"

-------------
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

As a genre, I hate rap. But I hate false generalizations just as much. I haven't heard anything I'd call good rap, but no, there's plenty of rap nowadays that's NOT about those things. It's just not the pop rap that you hear on the radio. The same pretty much applies to all genres, you may not like a genre, but generalizing the ENTIRE genre based on the few pop acts you hear is just beyond foolish.

Another thing that is beyond foolish is using a hyperbolic term like "beyond foolish" to describe something that is merely "not particularly well reasoned".

Like generalizing with regards to musical genres, for example.

Given the lack of gravity of the subject, (popular music) any opinion about it at all, positive or negative, doesn't carry enough weight to be considered "beyond foolish".

IOW, it's only rock 'n roll.

← ← (winky winky means don't get stinky) β†’ β†’

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

like I say about Taylor Swift and most Bro country; "its NOT for ME"

Well, you just taught me a new term that I'd never heard before, but which describes something I truly hate.

Bro country.

Googled it & came up with this great article about it & one particular purveyor of the slop....

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/music/bro-country-is-a-plague-and-florida-georgia-line-is-patient-zero-7001653" rel="nofollow - http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/music/bro-country-is-a-plague-and-florida-georgia-line-is-patient-zero-7001653

Hard to not like an article with the line: "Then why the hell is bro-country selling like chocolate-covered iPhones?"

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 5:19pm
Most of the "positive" or "underground" rap I've heard is about Afrocentrics or blacks assigning responsibility and blame for all their problems on other people. What use has a white guy like me got for any of that crap?

Posted By: treos
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 6:02pm
only rap music i care about is the kind that isn't an endless stream of profanity being spewed forth by some dumbass who thinks his "music" is good.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 6:25pm
AFAIC, most of it sounds like obnoxious, indecipherable nursery rhymes being grunted by illiterate pygmies.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 6:27pm
Lower life forms need entertainment, too. If we continue to feed them enough drugs and allow plenty of liquor stores in their neighborhoods, they'll remain complacent, or at least too confused to do anything organized. This stuff has a way of bringing an end to itself, beginning with the basic lack of education - they're all too stupid and violent to live. Look down upon them, shake your head, and don't ask why. Become part of the solution, rather than even looking into the problem any further.
Let it go and raise your children well. Teach them to love baroque music.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 6:43pm

Let it go and raise your children well. Teach them to love baroque music.

Never heard of that band.

Must be from the 60's & 70's.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 7:08pm
Fast rap:

Mmm.. pancakes:

The alphabet:

LOLWink

-------------

Posted By: Donathan
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 7:09pm
I did a quick anecdote about how my "Friend," on IMDB was from Compton, and then got to how tedious making another Rap based movie so soon after the Biggie Smalls biography was. I didn't make it really about me so much...

-------------
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.πŸ˜€ Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! πŸ˜€

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 7:23pm
Why do I get the impression that pancake/alphabet rap guy electronically speeds up the audio in those videos just a tad?

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 7:36pm
Why even lower yourself to watch such drivel? What a waste of time.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 7:49pm

Why even lower yourself to watch such drivel? What a waste of time.

It was rather entertaining actually.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 9:31pm

I guess the rap music I've liked is the rap music meant for white people---Blondie's Rapture, Adam and the Ant's Crackpot History, Die Antwoord, Eminem's big white hit (the one Jimbo referenced) and maybe a few others.

According to the website "Stuff White People Like" (article entitled "Black Music that Black People Don't Listen to Anymore"), there are others---De la Soul, Wu Tang, Del tha Funkee Homosapien and KRS One. I'm not familiar with those.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 9:54pm
You're just lowering yourself to their standards, rather than trying to educate and raise them to your culturally-superior ones. Why?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 11:35pm

I guess the rap music I've liked is the rap music meant for white people---Blondie's Rapture, Adam and the Ant's Crackpot History, Die Antwoord, Eminem's big white hit (the one Jimbo referenced) and maybe a few others.

According to the website "Stuff White People Like" (article entitled "Black Music that Black People Don't Listen to Anymore"), there are others---De la Soul, Wu Tang, Del tha Funkee Homosapien and KRS One. I'm not familiar with those.

There is a big fire near Sacramento again, you got your cracka ass out of there just in time. Thumbs Up

Posted By: tikibagger
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 3:55pm
There is a big fire near Sacramento again, you got your cracka ass out of there just in time.

..and its off to FERGUSON with this topicOuch

-------------
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk