Print Page | Close Window

Tide Pods-Safety (video)

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television / Streaming Ads
Forum Description: You hate them. Tell us why.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20417
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 12:25pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Tide Pods-Safety (video)
Posted By: aka ron
Subject: Tide Pods-Safety (video)
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 1:15pm
I've been bitching about this product for years, stupid f**king idiots and their candy colored pods.
Here's proof they admit there might be a small problem, assbags!!  AngryAngryAngry

Replies:
Posted By: Dr.HortonWho
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 5:07pm
I grew up during a time when parents knew to keep bad stuff out of our reach. I think it's sad that they have to be TOLD to do it these days.

Of course, back in those days, we didn't have lawyers hovering over every damned thing in our lives.

Posted By: MrTim
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 4:22am
You'd think that during product testing they'd have somebody taste the goo inside.  But then,  maybe kids don't have a developed sense of taste, or they scarf it down without tasting it (like they'd probably do with a handful of candy), so any nasty flavoring added wouldn't work anyway.  I expect that the next step will be packaging each pod in a child-proof capped container...

-------------
http://mrtim1k.blogspot.com/ - WKRP closing theme lyrics HERE!

Posted By: peachblossom666
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 5:05am
Is this a PSA?  Is this supposed to make me want to rush out and buy Tide Pods?  Don't they put a [BIG] warning on the container?  Can they childproof the lid like the prescription bottles have been rigged?

I don't like the adults talking the babies' thoughts.  Of course if the babies talked themselves, we wouldn't understand them.  Wink

To me, this means having Tide pods around is a dangerous thing.  Unhappy

Posted By: sgtrock21
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 6:20am
My Grandson taught me to refer to the caps as adult proof/child resistant! He was just barely starting to walk so I'm thinking about 14 months. He was sitting on the floor and unzipped my backpack producing my bottle of Zertec. He was shaking it like a rattle. How cute. He suddenly clamped it between his feet pushing and twisting the cap sending it flying! Never underestimate kids. Wherever you hide something they will find it. No matter how much out of reach they will reach it. I don't understand why people pay double for Tide, much less paying even more for Pods.

-------------
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous

Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 5:07pm
These s$%t heads can't think of making this product LESS enticing to kids? By oh, I don't know maybe NOT making it in bright shiny colors!!??

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 7:15pm

There's some Mex cleaning solution in the stores that looks quite delicious.  It's called Fabuloso.  First time I saw it, I thought maybe it was some kinda juice or soda.

http://postimage.org/" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 7:19pm
I've always thought Windex looks delicious.

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

There's some Mex cleaning solution in the stores that looks quite delicious.  It's called Fabuloso.  First time I saw it, I thought maybe it was some kinda juice or soda.

I have been enticed to take a swig of that stuff, myself. Its so tempting! I then remember that I might get sick/die if I do that. So then the temptation is gone.

-------------

Posted By: msmadz
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 7:48pm
I don't have ids so I'm no expert on this subject, but aren't kids attracted to primary colors? Why don't they just make these stupid pods dishwater grey and beige?

And yeah, put the friggin things up and out of reach. As a kid, I certainly don't remember wanting to play with a big box of Bold laundry detergent.

-------------
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 4:59am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I have been enticed to take a swig of that stuff, myself. Its so tempting! I then remember that I might get sick/die if I do that. So then the temptation is gone.

Oftentimes, I see them on the endcaps at the stores, rather than in the cleaning supply section.  When you see them there, they can fool you for a second.

Posted By: MrTim
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 5:05am
^^ I can imagine some kids snorting up lines of Tide powder detergent from a mirror "just like daddy does!"  LOL

Quote Thor wrote:

I think it's the same in Finland;  You can't go by the colors in the bottle or on the packaging of whether it's edible or safe to eat, you have to be able to read Finnish to identify what it is.  Bet that makes a small dent in the non-Finnish literate immigrants every year...
"No, that blue stuff was not mouthwash.  It was toilet bowl cleaner."

-------------
http://mrtim1k.blogspot.com/ - WKRP closing theme lyrics HERE!

Posted By: usmaak
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 5:56am

These s$%t heads can't think of making this product LESS enticing to kids? By oh, I don't know maybe NOT making it in bright shiny colors!!??
Right?  Instead of making a product that is visually unappealing to children, they keep making the same "enticing" product, and advertise that parents should keep it out of reach.  Way to show that you care, idiots!  Is this supposed to lessen your liability when some harried parent accidentally leaves the stupid Tide Pods within reach of children?  I guess that these bright colored pods ALSO appeal to adults, because what good is laundry detergent if it's not flashy and pretty?  Unreal.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 3:07pm

^  Don't forget the upward-slanting logos on the packaging.  They just about all have that (Purex seems to be the exception here, and who the hell buys that?).  Makes the product look somehow more exciting, I guess.

Posted By: Anduril
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 5:10pm
Interesting observation !!!
I wonder what these products look like in Israel? (Hebrew)

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 6:44pm
Who cares what they look like? Package stying and coloring means a lot to corporate sales. They leave common sense to those that purchase their products. HOPEFULLY, parents are smart enough to keep these things out of the reach of their children...otherwise, they don't need children and we just have another way of cleaning the fringes of the gene pool by using cleaning products. 

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: Darthhillbilly
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Who cares what they look like? Package stying and coloring means a lot to corporate sales. They leave common sense to those that purchase their products. HOPEFULLY, parents are smart enough to keep these things out of the reach of their children...otherwise, they don't need children and we just have another way of cleaning the fringes of the gene pool by using cleaning products. 

Clap

All the same, though. From a corporate standpoint, it wouldn't hurt to make the goo inside battleship gray, and make the part that dissolves smell/taste like unwashed butt. I can't see many adults really giving three good craps what the things look like, so they don't need to be "cute".

-------------
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson

Posted By: usmaak
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 7:41pm
IMO, this PSA/ad is a complete copout who's only purpose is to tell parents a couple of things that, unless they're completely moronic, they already know - eating laundry detergent is bad, and kids like to put things in their mouths.  This ad is a complete waste of advertising space, just like most ads.  Their message is, we make our poisonous product extremely yummy looking to kids so that adults who like shiny things will buy it, and fk u if you don't like it.  Nice job.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Interesting observation !!!
I wonder what these products look like in Israel? (Hebrew)

Same, but in the wrong direction.  Yeah, I know it's wrong to say "wrong".  LOL

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

IMO, this PSA/ad is a complete copout who's only purpose is to tell parents a couple of things that, unless they're completely moronic, they already know - eating laundry detergent is bad, and kids like to put things in their mouths.  This ad is a complete waste of advertising space, just like most ads.  Their message is, we make our poisonous product extremely yummy looking to kids so that adults who like shiny things will buy it, and fk u if you don't like it.  Nice job.

Yeah, "If your kid eats this and dies... we warned you".

-------------
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson

Posted By: Hezadancer
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 8:39pm
What bothers me most is that they are depicting very small toddlers who are still exploring with their mouths as the ones who are eating these. Those are not the same kids that are having issues with this product. Older toddlers and school age kids pushing a chair up to the washing machine to get at the colorful candy pods are. Way to minimize the issue ass holes. Hell, I was at least 5 when I was still trying to eat the food shaped magnets on my grandma's fridge. She had one that was a styrofoam toast and it looked and felt LIKE REAL TOAST. So I was convinced I could eat it. Knowing that, I won't bother to buy pods ever. They aren't safe around kids period and they're overpriced, like seriously, pouring detergent is NOT THAT HARD.

-------------
It's ok, I'm in marketing!

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 8:46pm
Hell, you don't even have to pour it any more. I still have that roller ball thing you just huck in the washer after you push the little bulb on the bottle to fill it up. I don't do pods for laundry, or dishwasher. I haven't reached that special level of "lazy" yet.

LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 9:34pm

I just pour detergent from the bottle into the machine.  I don't measure anything.  Hell, I've been doing this long enough to know that being exact doesn't make a damned bit of difference.  Close enough is good enough.  It's just laundry.

I washed my car yesterday.  The soap bottle says 4 capfuls per gallon of water.  To hell with that.  I just poured some soap into a bucket and added water.  I have no idea if I got the ratios correct.  The car's clean and that's what matters.  Hell, I probably could've used plain water.

Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 9:42pm

Man, Every time I see that stuff, I am just ITCHIN to crack open a bottle & take a swig!!!

They should give it a fruity scent just to make it more enticing.

-------------
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 9:44pm

All the flavors look good.  I'd probably wanna mix the blue raspberry with the grape.

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 9:48pm
I think you should...but first, change your name to Thor Jones and acquire a following of brainilly-cramaged low-life social service-feeding followers. Have a 'Kool Aid Party'.
Please.
Tomorrow (today is Stupor Bowl Sunday)

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 9:54pm

OK.  And for a little effervescence, I'll add some Drano.

Posted By: peachblossom666
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 11:26pm
I don't have rugrats children or babies crawling or running around, so the child warning PSA doesn't apply to me.  It still makes me mad that they have no regard for the children who could be affected by them other than the waste-of-commercial-time ad telling parents they're dangerous!

I wouldn't buy pods anyway, since they are overpriced.  Same goes for dishwasher detergent.  I just pour the liquid.  No big deal.  Not brain surgery or rocket science.  LOL

I do have pets (cats) and lots of peeps have cats and/or dogs/other domesticated critters in the house.  Where's the PSA for that?  Shocked

Posted By: jerkylips
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 8:12pm

I just pour detergent from the bottle into the machine.  I don't measure anything.  Hell, I've been doing this long enough to know that being exact doesn't make a damned bit of difference.  Close enough is good enough.  It's just laundry.

I washed my car yesterday.  The soap bottle says 4 capfuls per gallon of water.  To hell with that.  I just poured some soap into a bucket and added water.  I have no idea if I got the ratios correct.  The car's clean and that's what matters.  Hell, I probably could've used plain water.

We've been getting these pods recently - not Tide, those are horribly expensive.  Arm & Hammer, actually.  If you do the math on the price vs # of loads, they're still more expensive - but I have  wife that thinks "if a little is good, a sh!t-ton more must be better" so she uses probably double what she should when it comes out of the bottle.  For me/us, I think they're actually more affordable because it forces her to use the correct amount.

Also, back to one of the earlier comments, I don't care what color these things are, if they're down on th floor where a toddler can get to them, they WILL end up in the mouth.  They put EVERYTHING in their mouths.  Any parent who is fcking stupid enough to leave anything within reach of a toddler deserves to have their kids taken away.

-------------
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy

Posted By: msmadz
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 8:37pm
Let's go back to beating our laundry on a rock in the river! Problem solved.

I use the liquid stuff. I like Tide but Beloved likes that Natural stuff with no scent. We only buy it when it's on sale. Al of that stuff is way overpriced but if you go the cheap route, you need cups of the stuff per load.

-------------
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 8:54pm

I get the Dollar Tree "Awesome" stuff.  Works fine.  I doubt that I get the 32 loads out of it (because I just pour it from the bottle into the machine), but hey...it's $1.

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 7:09pm
I'm trying to post a story from Atlanta, Consumer Reports no longer supports these f**king pods.

If you look at the original video, P&G is passing this risk off to the STUPID parents.

GO FVCK YOURSELF TIDE PODS, I HATE THIS IDEA FROM THE DARKEST PART OF MY SOUL.

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 11:57pm
All this talk about kids putting things their mouths remind of an incident involving me a long time ago. One early morning I was curious about what my parents pills tasted like so I opened the bottle took a bite out the white cylindrical pill. AND the most awful soury taste went through my mouth. YYYYUUUUUCCCCKKKK NEVER AGAIN!

The only way to keep these out of childrens hands besides not buying them is keeping them in a locked box that can be opened only by a secret code!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 12:54am
Did your erection last over 4 hours? If so, I hope you saw a pediatrician.

They could at least make these things ugly, and less appetizing-looking. Make them look like a vegetable or something, instead of like candy. Just a dumb f**king product for dumb f**king people. No pods at Casa de Hillbilly.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 1:25am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

Did your erection last over 4 hours? If so, I hope you saw a pediatrician.

They could at least make these things ugly, and less appetizing-looking. Make them look like a vegetable or something, instead of like candy. Just a dumb f**king product for dumb f**king people. No pods at Casa de Hillbilly.

ROFL nope no erection just a nasty taste in my mouth!

I agree with you on making it unappetizing! Here's an idea makes it that baby puke green® you see on 1970s appliances!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 3:32am
The pods were on the news this morning. Kids still eating them and getting sick. F-ing pods still rainbow colored and delicious looking.

-------------

Posted By: sb71
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 8:01am
Well not only that, but there's this trend of the exotic, fruity laundry detergent and fabric softener. Gain and Downey are very guilty of this. Scents like Mangolicious, lavender strawberry kiwi, bubble gum, etc...ok I exaggerated a couple but you get where I'm coming from. When I was a kid...detergent was a white, grainy powder that all had ONE scent.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 9:52am
The article I mentioned...

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/05/safety-risks-of-laundry-detergent-pods/index.htm" rel="nofollow - http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/05/safety-risks-of-laundry-detergent-pods/index.htm

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 10:56am
Originally posted by sb71 sb71 wrote:

Well not only that, but there's this trend of the exotic, fruity laundry detergent and fabric softener. Gain and Downey are very guilty of this. Scents like Mangolicious, lavender strawberry kiwi, bubble gum, etc...ok I exaggerated a couple but you get where I'm coming from. When I was a kid...detergent was a white, grainy powder that all had ONE scent.

I've noticed that. It's in room deodorizers, too. Apples and Cinnamon, Citrus Burst, etc.

Posted By: tikibagger
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 12:29pm
WTF? As a society, are we truly this impaired that our children eat SOAP CAPSULES? And we are so phone inebriated ( or wahtever) that said capsules can't be PUT AWAY under the sink..where kids can't easily access them?

Here lies the problem folks--actually feel for the soap cos. that they have to throw $$$ at such gargantuan Merkin dumbassery

-------------
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 1:36pm

^ Yeah. Kids eat stuff. This is nothing new.

I remember once eating a purple crayon. It wasn't grape.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 2:23pm
I totally agree that parents should keep this stuff out of reach of children, but come on...

It's a product meant for adults, why does it need to be colorful and shiny? Adults don't need to be enticed by colorful, shiny things. That's how we draw children's attentions. P&G could just as easily use FD&C puke #5 as FD&C Red #3 and Blue #7. Dumb decisions made on both sides, I don't feel sorry for the soap companies or the parents... only the kids.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 2:32pm
P&G should have pulled the product at the first sign of trouble, they are more concerned with screwing the public out of their money than any safety issue.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 3:09pm

I totally agree that parents should keep this stuff out of reach of children, but come on...

It's a product meant for adults, why does it need to be colorful and shiny? Adults don't need to be enticed by colorful, shiny things. That's how we draw children's attentions. P&G could just as easily use FD&C puke #5 as FD&C Red #3 and Blue #7. Dumb decisions made on both sides, I don't feel sorry for the soap companies or the parents... only the kids.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 3:11pm
Actually....the attraction to shiny, colorful objects is something that people never quite outgrow....auto manufacturers know this well.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 3:52pm
True to a point. I wouldn't buy a car in flat, puke green paint, but I think adults can get over their laundry products not being bright and shiny. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 7:24pm

True to a point. I wouldn't buy a car in flat, puke green paint, but I think adults can get over their laundry products not being bright and shiny. LOL

I might buy the car if the price was really, really right. I draw the line at 1970s baby s**t gold. Some really good friends of mine had no such pride. They bought a new 1978 Chevy van sporting that shade. A couple of years earlier the Wife had a color matching Fiat 850 Spyder. It ended up black. After the fire.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 7:37pm
In my early 20's I "inhereted" a 19...70? 71? Galaxy 500 4-door in "toe infection" green. Couldn't complain, it was free, but damn was it ugleh. Front end was shaky too, making it a "fun" boat to drive around.

EDIT: Found a pic...

Ma Hillbilly had a turquoise Volare back around '76. That was a purdy something-or-other right there.

But yeah, as far as a car goes, I don't care as much about what the outside looks like so much as I do the inside. After all, that's the part I have to look at the most.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 8:04pm

That'd be great for one of those restoration shows (with about $20,000 to do the job). That's a '70, by the way.

Not so badlooking, but not the best. Cars started losing their looks in the 70s. I was always partial to the early and mid-60s Galaxys.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 8:09pm
Those old Ford Galaxies and LTD's would run forever, some of my buddy's owned them.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 8:09pm

In my early 20's I "inhereted" a 19...70? 71? Galaxy 500 4-door in "toe infection" green. Couldn't complain, it was free, but damn was it ugleh. Front end was shaky too, making it a "fun" boat to drive around.

Ma Hillbilly had a turquoise Volare back around '76. That was a purdy something-or-other right there.

But yeah, as far as a car goes, I don't care as much about what the outside looks like so much as I do the inside. After all, that's the part I have to look at the most.

I bought a 1976 Volare in the early 1990s for $400. I used it for an economical work car. It was bright blue and a real stripper. Slant 6 and no Corinthian leather. It did have a 4 on the floor so was not to terrible to drive.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 8:14pm

That'd be great for one of those restoration shows (with about $20,000 to do the job). That's a '70, by the way.

Not so badlooking, but not the best. Cars started losing their looks in the 70s. I was always partial to the early and mid-60s Galaxys.

I had 2 1963s. I still miss the 2dr HT.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 1:31am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I bought a 1976 Volare in the early 1990s for $400. I used it for an economical work car. It was bright blue and a real stripper. Slant 6 and no Corinthian leather. It did have a 4 on the floor so was not to terrible to drive.

That front looks very close to those Ford Custom police cars that chase Bond and his girlfriend in the red Ford Mustang Mach 1 in Diamonds Are Forever!

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 1:39am

I bought a 77 doodoo brown one for 600 bucks in 89 or 90 from a buy-here pay-here, and it was a complete turd. I took it back... or tried to but they wouldn't take it, so I dropped the keys on the desk and walked out. "You can't do that!", the guy hollered at me. I turned around walked back and picked up the keys and said "Ok, I'll keep it without paying for it until you come repo it". He reached out for the keys.

@Ad: I'll have to re-watch DaF, but more than likely, the Galaxie was what they used. You see them (and Plymouth Furies) in a lot of cop stuff of the time.

I forgot to edit out the '71 part after I found the pic. Yeah, mine was a '70. Cars looked good (IMO) through '77, but then the boxy '78s came out and everything started going down hill.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 1:52am

Son of Sam drove a 70 Ford Galaxie, too.

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 1:58am
You know, there was this one time someone brake-checked me, and when I stabbed the brakes, several .44 casings rolled out from under the seat.

Hmm...

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 3:10am

That front looks very close to those Ford Custom police cars that chase Bond and his girlfriend in the red Ford Mustang Mach 1 in Diamonds Are Forever!

The Ford Custom cruisers look like the right ones. The MACH I is a 1971. The Girl Friend is Jill Saint John. YOWZA! I could never get my red 1971 Mustang MACH I up on the passenger side wheels through a 6 foot wide alley and exit on the driver side wheels but then I'm not 007!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 8:45pm
I get a kick out of complaining to these companies that bother me.

I said

"kids explore the world with their mouths"
That's a quote from the Tide Pods commercial.
They blame you stupid parents for any accidental near poisonings.
How about not making detergent that looks like candy!!!
Freaking idiots. I haven't bought a P&G product in years.
That's my Tide, what's yours?

Their reply

https://www.facebook.com/Tide/" rel="nofollow - Tide We appreciate your feedback, Kevin, and your comments will be shared with our team. We’d like to let you know safety is our top priority and as part of our ongoing efforts to reduce unintended exposures to the product, we've introduced an asymmetrical triple latch lid which requires manual dexterity to open. Also, in order to reduce visibility to the pacs inside the containers, our tub containers are fully opaque, so consumers can’t see the detergent pacs inside. Tide PODS® and all cleaning supplies should always be kept out of the reach of children.

Don't you love social media?  Evil Smile

Posted By: Zach6848
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 5:53am
This all reminds me of the lady who spilled hot coffee on herself and sued McDonalds, or whatever happened with that. Why would anyone leave laundry detergent 'pods' or packets or whatever, within reach of their kids? The problem isn't that they look like candy, the problem is that people need to put this sh*t away where their kids can't get into it. I'd like to think that the American populace is just a little bit more intelligent than that, but I have some serious doubts.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk