Print Page | Close Window

Dominos- Punk Kids (video)

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television / Streaming Ads
Forum Description: You hate them. Tell us why.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17840
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 11:18am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Dominos- Punk Kids (video)
Posted By: aka ron
Subject: Dominos- Punk Kids (video)
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 7:05pm
I don't think I have ever tried Dominos pizza, or never placed the order myself.
I noticed the guy putting toppings on the pizza was not wearing gloves. That bothers me.
And the large wall art looks just like the nice paintings I see on rail cars.

Replies:
Posted By: veoozo
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 12:01am
That woman "People think I'm just a punk kid making pizzas, but that's not true".

Uh... maybe not, but you're about 28 and you work at Dominoes? You're more of a failure more than anything.

Posted By: Miseryguts
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by veoozo veoozo wrote:

That woman "People think I'm just a punk kid making pizzas, but that's not true".

Uh... maybe not, but you're about 28 and you work at Dominoes? You're more of a failure more than anything.

And that self-portrait she paints is a bit weird. And who knew that the pizza maker also blows glass (amongst other things).

Posted By: EMCEE
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 10:40pm
I'm pretty sure that a lot of the Domino's "crafters" I've come across are only interested in crafting the perfect blunt and/or bong.

-------------
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Posted By: potofgold
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I noticed the guy putting toppings on the pizza was not wearing gloves. That bothers me.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the vast majority of cooks in restaurants everywhere do not wear gloves while preparing the food. They do wash their hands though. You probably shouldn't eat out anymore...

Posted By: rope
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 2:58am
Apparently there's some pretty smug patrons frequenting Dominos.

Not sure about you but I've never purchased a pizza whilst thinking to myself " Psh, all you are is some punk kid. Now make my damn pizza. ". The fact that dominos is being preemptively defensive about their customers potential attitude towards dominos employees, this makes me think that the employees really do feel this way and they're spitting in everyone's pizza to reap their vengeance.

Oh, and I worked as Dominos as a teenager. IDK if I was a punk kid, but I certainly was a stoned one.

Posted By: DKS
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by rope rope wrote:

Not sure about you but I've never purchased a pizza whilst thinking to myself " Psh, all you are is some punk kid. Now make my damn pizza. ".

THANK YOU. I've thought the same thing, and just hadn't gotten around to mentioning it yet!

-------------
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"

Posted By: ksmith42092
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 9:51pm
she looks alot like Amy Adams to me anyone agree?.... but yea i hate that f**king commercial make me wanna go call a domino employee a punk kid just for making the commercial

Posted By: TV_Casualty
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 10:12pm
This is probably because of that incident from years ago where some Dominoes employees were caught doing nasty things to the food and got fired.

This is Dominos way of saying, "Not all our employees are like that!" as if we have the logic of 5 year olds and think that EVERY Dominos employee does things like that.

Posted By: ADamant
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by rope rope wrote:

Not sure about you but I've never purchased a pizza whilst thinking to myself " Psh, all you are is some punk kid. Now make my damn pizza. ".

Agreed. When I see this commercial, I get the feeling that Domino's is telling me that I don't care about the people behind the counter. This is a bit off-putting to me. I know that people are complex beings and that we are not defined by our jobs. I would like to think that I treat everyone with respect, regardless of their job/profession. Whatever you do to earn a [legal and fair] living, take pride in it, do it well, and treat others kindly.

Now they may just be trying to pull at my heart strings so I go in and buy a pizza because hey, it supports employees with real lives and aspirations. I can then pat myself on the back for being so "nice".

I think the ad makers' biggest mistake, though, is that the employee (actress?) that opens the commercial has this pissified look on her face when she talks about the whole "punk kid" thing. That turns me off right there.

-------------
*WARNING* This message was composed on a computer in a household where peanuts and peanut products are served.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk