Print Page | Close Window

"Dump Cake" Commercial

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television / Streaming Ads
Forum Description: You hate them. Tell us why.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17125
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 1:59pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: "Dump Cake" Commercial
Posted By: Puppydogpants
Subject: "Dump Cake" Commercial
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 9:16am
Is it just me or is "Dump Cake" probably not the best name to give your product? Especially something that is supposed to be a delicious dessert item?

Every time she says "Dump" I burst out laughing. 

P.S. Pouring the can of 7-Up over a box of cake mix powder and peaches looked really appetizing lady!!! And don't forget her "hearty beef dump dish"!!! That sounds delish!!

-------------
I don't patronize bunny rabbits!

Replies:
Posted By: aka ron
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 11:10am
You just dump it in, and I helped...
The next recipe will be Crap Cake.

Posted By: SJames
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 1:21pm
"Dump Cake"... Confused. I learned this insanely easy cobbler recipe last year, and I've probably made it five times already:

2 cans of prepared pie fruit (cherry/strawberry/etc)
1 yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter

Pour the fruit in a casserole dish.
Melt the butter and lightly mix in with the dry cake mix (keep it lumpy).
Spread the mix over the fruit, bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until top looks brown and crisp.
That's it. And it's insanely awesome.

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 1:59pm

The toilet loved my morning dump cake this AM.  It swallowed it whole.

Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 3:47pm
You guys!

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Posted By: bwestfall
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 7:14pm
I've only seen people in the South make this cake. I used to work with this "crusty", old man who thought he was a gift from God. He made his Dump Cake and brought it to the Christmas party every year. He would stand around almost puffing his chest out in pride while everyone was supposed to honor him with accolades and compliments.

I wouldn't eat the darn stuff because it looked just horrid! And there was usually quite a bit left which he insisted everyone take some home--I bet there were some sorry husbands and dogs at the homes these people took them to.

-------------
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

ConfusedYou've NO Irish heritage, I see. That's an old recipe - but not to be eaten. They were burned to heat homes.

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: aka ron
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ConfusedYou've NO Irish heritage, I see. That's an old rrecipe - but not to be eaten. They were burned to heat homes.
PaW! I would never attack your heritage. They have not produced an efficient pile of crap [yet] that burns as hot as WI. oak. Plus the smell would not make YOU happy if you were my neighbor.  However I would keep some Molson's in stock, hoping to smooth things over. Big smile

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 11:12pm

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ConfusedYou've NO Irish heritage, I see. That's an old recipe - but not to be eaten. They were burned to heat homes.
PaW! I would never attack your heritage. They have not produced an efficient pile of crap [yet] that burns as hot as WI. oak. Plus the smell would not make YOU happy if you were my neighbor.  However I would keep some Molson's in stock, hoping to smooth things over. Big smile
Big smileThat sounds really nice! The burnings from our fires simply didn't smell as nice in the old days...CryDead

-------------
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: Dr. John Dorian
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 2:27am
Dump cake is a real thing. My mom makes it. It is quite tasty, but the name sucks. Who came up with that?

Posted By: Lucian
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2013 at 5:28am
Yep. Dump, and bake. That's how I usually do it. In that order, too.

Posted By: zippyjet
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 3:21am
Originally posted by Puppydogpants Puppydogpants wrote:

Is it just me or is "Dump Cake" probably not the best name to give your product? Especially something that is supposed to be a delicious dessert item?

Every time she says "Dump" I burst out laughing. 

P.S. Pouring the can of 7-Up over a box of cake mix powder and peaches looked really appetizing lady!!! And don't forget her "hearty beef dump dish"!!! That sounds delish!!

Next up, spew chunk nutty crunch icing to top off your dump cake. I still laugh at the name. Or they can make Hershey squirts easy to use icing. Yum Yum.

-------------
I approve this message.

Date Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 3:28am
I have never heard of 'Dump Cake'...this requires looking into.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk