Forum Description: Discuss whatever.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17096
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:30pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Fast & Furious star Paul Walker dies in car crash
Posted By: DKS
Subject: Fast & Furious star Paul Walker dies in car crash
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 4:05am
I know the title reads like a hoax, but it's real. Paul Walker was riding in his friend's new car when his friend lost control and crashed, killing both men. It's a shame. While I haven't seen any of his other works, I like the Fast and Furious series, and past 2 have been 2 of the best action movies of recent memory(also a rare example of a movie series that has gotten better and better, with 5 and 6 being better than the prior installments). Part 7 was still in production, wonder if his parts had finished filming...

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/paul-walker-fast-furious-star-reportedly-dead-40-025930737.html

-------------
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"

Replies:
Posted By: Moochamoocha
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 4:24am
So sad.

RIP. Cry

-------------
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 4:42am

A bit 2 fast and a bit 2 furious, I guess.

RIP to him.

Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 4:48am
Yeah, somebody posted that on my other forum.

The driver was probably driving like an idiot.

Brand new Porsche.

-------------
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States

Posted By: Papa Lazarou
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 5:45am
Forget general decency, and propriety, but when someone who's main career is starring in movies that promote reckless driving, car-worship, and gratuitous explosions dies as a result of reckless driving, car-worship, and an over-the-top explosive end....I'm sorry, but you have to at least chuckle.

Still, rest in peace to both of them.

-------------
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!

Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 5:54am
Sad

R.I.P.

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 6:35am

Actor Paul Walker — a self-styled adrenaline junkie.

Yea, right. "Professionally trained"?

Irresponsible driving in public and risking the safety of others? I'm not impressed or surprised. Even though he was a passenger I will bet he didn't beg his buddy to slow down - now they both get to wake up dead and everyone is screwed - car down the tubes, no useable parts for resale. 

Firefighters spray water on the wreckage of the Porsche that crashed in Valencia, Calif., on Saturday. 

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: Puppydogpants
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 6:41am
I never saw any of the Fast and Furious movies. I only know him from "Joy Ride" and "She's All That."

-------------
I don't patronize bunny rabbits!

Posted By: aka ron
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 8:26am
I didn't follow the series...even if there was no fire, I doubt it was surviveable. What a mess!
RIP

Posted By: Papa Lazarou
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 8:36am
^There's another picture going around with heavy flames on the car.

-------------
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 2:20pm

If they're just putting out the flames in the above pic, does that mean the bodies are still somewhere in that mess we're looking at?

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 2:58pm
It looks like there is a greenish tarp covering possibly remains. With damage like that even a person that is strapped in could be ejected.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 3:13pm

^  I don't see that, but in some homemade video I watched, the amateur videographer does mention a blanket on the ground.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 3:30pm
You don't see what looks like a tarp covering part of the wreckage?

Do a Google image search of the crash photos & you'll see one where it's more obvious.

They usually use yellow ones, though.

-------------
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 3:39pm

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

You don't see what looks like a tarp covering part of the wreckage?

I can't tell a lot of what I'm looking at in that mess.  At a quick glance, I thought that red thing (the hood) sticking up, was a surfboard.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Okay, there we go.  In the other pic, I thought that might've been the convertible top torn off the car.

One report said there were donut marks near the scene.  I can't imagine they would've been doing donuts there, though.  It happened feet from the site of the car show.

Posted By: Tiz
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 10:54pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izo05i61YiU" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izo05i61YiU

Some of the youtube comments bust on these guys for not trying to help, but they were already beyond help.   

Posted By: msmadz
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 2:38pm
Horrific. That picture gives me the creeps.

RIP. Way too young.

-------------
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 3:50pm
Well, as they've been saying all these years.... speed kills.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 4:11pm

Right now, people are putting him in the same category as James Dean and Marilyn Monroe and legendary actors who died young.  I'm not going for it.  When I heard of his death, I didn't even recognize his name.  He's probably mainly recognized by fans of Fast & Furious.  Besides, he didn't have much of a persona.  Was he even a celebrity?  Granted, I don't know all the celebrities-of-the-moment, but he's been around long enough that I shouldn't have had to look him up on the 'net just to see what he looked like.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 4:19pm
^ Exactly.

People nowadays are so afflicted with celebrity worship, they'll jump at the opportunity to hoist anyone up on a pedestal, no matter how little they've done to merit it.

James Dean, thru the roles he played, was on the cutting edge of an entirely new era in film making, not to mention the coming social revolution that was about to explode.

This whatsizname guy just made a bunch of cheesey fast car stunt films.

People are so easily impressed nowadays.

I wonder how long it will be before they start doing the same with the Kardashians....

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 4:49pm

This whatsizname guy just made a bunch of cheesey fast car stunt films.

"Whatsizname" is right.  My neighbor, who'd actually seen a few of the F&F movies, referred to him yesterday as "Chris Walker".  His girlfriend had to correct him.  Granted, "Paul Walker" is a pretty forgettable name.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 5:25pm
Apparently, it shoulda been Paul Walking.

Cause if he'd been walking, he'd still be alive today.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 5:52pm
The speed limit was 45 in an area with buildings all around. I'd guess they were going at least 70.
Two grown men in a performance vehicle, the driver should have known better. They are supposed to be skilled beyond any of us. Be careful who you get into a car with.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 3:39am
"The car, which sold for $450,000 when new, is a notoriously difficult vehicle to handle, even for professional drivers, according to Autoweek magazine. A top driver called it "scary," the magazine reported Sunday. It is powered by a V-10, 610-hp engine."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/02/showbiz/paul-walker-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t1" rel="nofollow - http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/02/showbiz/paul-walker-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

-------------
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 7:05am

^ Exactly.

People nowadays are so afflicted with celebrity worship, they'll jump at the opportunity to hoist anyone up on a pedestal, no matter how little they've done to merit it.

I don't consider him an icon, and his acting wasn't gonna win any awards, but it worked for the roles he took. And from literally everything I've ever heard about the guy, he was a really friendly, approachable guy, was easy to work with, did a ton of charity related stuff...just from all accounts, a really decent guy who happened to star in a big movie series. Regardless of rather you know or care about his work, I wouldn't lump him in with the Kardassians.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 8:06am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

"The car, which sold for $450,000 when new, is a notoriously difficult vehicle to handle, even for professional drivers, according to Autoweek magazine. A top driver called it "scary," the magazine reported Sunday. It is powered by a V-10, 610-hp engine."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/02/showbiz/paul-walker-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t1" rel="nofollow - http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/02/showbiz/paul-walker-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Just another reason this guy should not have been driving like an idiot.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 1:52pm

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I wonder what the insurance premiums were on that.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

I don't consider him an icon, and his acting wasn't gonna win any awards, but it worked for the roles he took. And from literally everything I've ever heard about the guy, he was a really friendly, approachable guy, was easy to work with, did a ton of charity related stuff...just from all accounts, a really decent guy who happened to star in a big movie series. Regardless of rather you know or care about his work, I wouldn't lump him in with the Kardassians.

I didn't lump him in with the Kardashians.

I merely stated that he didn't deserve to be compared to James Dean, who, although no great actor himself, was part of something far bigger & more momentous than anything this guy ever did.

The remark about the Kardashians was simply me pondering as to how far & to what limits of absurdity, today's celebrity obsessed, dim-witted youth might take their irrational adoration of anything & anyone who achieves fame, to.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I wonder what the insurance premiums were on that.

Probably didn't have any on that car.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 2:05pm
Probably not your typical online quote for a car like that.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 2:40pm

I didn't lump him in with the Kardashians.

I merely stated that he didn't deserve to be compared to James Dean, who, although no great actor himself, was part of something far bigger & more momentous than anything this guy ever did.

The remark about the Kardashians was simply me pondering as to how far & to what limits of absurdity, today's celebrity obsessed, dim-witted youth might take their irrational adoration of anything & anyone who achieves fame, to.

Yeah, Dean was part of something bigger, but still, he was just an actor as well. That's the reason most people mourned his death, because they were fans, not because of any movement. And I gotta say, I'm more likely to rewatch Fast 5 or 6 than I am anything he did, I never really got the appeal. Was it a "you had to be there" thing? Cause I like plenty of older movies-if I'm going to watch a comedy I'm more likely to turn to Abbott and Costello than I am anything modern, I've loved the Universal horror movies since I was a kid, I dig classic noir...but I never got the appeal of Dean's films.

And oops, I just realized I spelled the Kardashians as the Kardassians. I guess rewatching DS9 recently is to blame...for those who aren't familiar with Star Trek, this is a Cardassian:

...and I'm a lot more likely to watch something with Cardassians than I am something with the Kardashians, heh.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 3:00pm

Yeah, Dean was part of something bigger, but still, he was just an actor as well. That's the reason most people mourned his death, because they were fans, not because of any movement. And I gotta say, I'm more likely to rewatch Fast 5 or 6 than I am anything he did, I never really got the appeal. Was it a "you had to be there" thing? Cause I like plenty of older movies-if I'm going to watch a comedy I'm more likely to turn to Abbott and Costello than I am anything modern, I've loved the Universal horror movies since I was a kid, I dig classic noir...but I never got the appeal of Dean's films.

Actually, when he died, there was no great mourning of his death. People just said "Gee, that's too bad" & moved on with their lives. Dean & his work didn't achieve cult status until many years later, after the social revolution he helped usher in, was well under way.

As for your taste in movies.... what can I say? Dean's movies are & always will be considered classics, right up there with Cassablanca & From Here to Eternity. Paul Walker & his gimmicky movies will be completely forgotten about.

No offense.

I certainly can't imagine a big time, chart-topping rock band ever writing a hit song called Paul Walker nearly 20 years after his death.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 3:06pm

Probably not your typical online quote for a car like that.

I think the car was a Porsche Carrera GT.  An article I just looked at says it's the most expensive car to insure, at about $3,000/year.  That doesn't seem so expensive, considering the car had an MSRP of about $450,000 when new.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 3:11pm

I think the car was a Porsche Carrera GT. An article I just looked at says it's the most expensive car to insure, at about $3,000/year. That doesn't seem so expensive, considering the car has an MSRP of about $450,000.

I wouldn't be surprised if the guy who owned it (the driver) was self-insured, something that is allowed in California.

As long as you have available & can set aside, a certain amount of money sufficient to cover what a commercial policy would, you don't need to buy insurance.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 3:12pm

I certainly can't imagine a big time, chart-topping rock band ever writing a song called Paul Walker

Don't forget Rock On by David Essex.  "Jimmy Dean...Jaaaames Dean".

I guess it's possible he was singing about the pork sausage guy, though.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 3:20pm
^ Rock on, dude...

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 3:24pm

I watch some pretty crappy movies myself (I like horror), but I occasionally tune into TCM to watch something of actual quality.  Last one was Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, with Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman.

Seems serious movies aren't real popular anymore.  We seem to prefer fluff these days. 

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 3:30pm
Young, pretty celebrities in romantic comedies.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 3:39pm

Young, pretty celebrities in romantic comedies.

That...or action or horror or teen or CGI flicks.  Of course, that stuff (except for the CGI) always existed, but it seems to now dominate the market.  I can't think of too many recent movies that will be remembered decades from now.  I'm sure plenty of good movies exist, but they don't seem to get the traction they once did. 

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 5:38pm
There's just too damned much of it nowadays.

Every other person you pass on the sidewalk is in the movie or music industry.

The crowd has gotten too big to stand out from.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 6:34pm

^ Rock on, dude...

Nehhh...nehhh...nehhhh - wrong Jimmy Dean. From the looks of the tarp, I was thinkin' Paul Walker more resembled THIS Jimmy Dean (product):
Entree Original Pancake and Sausage on a Stick 2.2 Pound

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 7:14pm
^LOL  It is a tragedy. I'm wondering since the bodies appeared to be badly burned.
Will they be able to get a sample for drugs or alcohol testing?  I'm guessing also with the damage to the car it will be difficult to tell if there was a stuck throttle, blown tire or other malfuntion.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 7:25pm

^LOL  It is a tragedy. I'm wondering since the bodies appeared to be badly burned.
Will they be able to get a sample for drugs or alcohol testing?  I'm guessing also with the damage to the car it will be difficult to tell if there was a stuck throttle, blown tire or other malfuntion.
a stuck throttle, blown tire or other malfunction

That sounds eerily similar to this New York tragedy:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/metro-north-train-engineer-daydreaming-crash-article-1.1535870

I could not tear myself away from the TV on Sunday. Awful. just awful.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 7:46pm
Without even reading your article Ms. Mad.  That train was going 70 something in a 35 zone?
The driver of the Porsche ran out of talent and brains. He took a father away from his daughter.
You fine folks in New York are lucky that crash happened at a [low volume] travel time.
I'm sure there is more to come about that train wreck.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 8:45pm
^ 82 in a 30. If that had been Monday morning, holy crap, I can't even think of the devastation.

Seems the engineer worked a LOT of OT this past year. I see huge fare hikes in the next few months to pay for all the lawsuits.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

^ 82 in a 30. If that had been Monday morning, holy crap, I can't even think of the devastation.

Seems the engineer worked a LOT of OT this past year. I see huge fare hikes in the next few months to pay for all the lawsuits.
ConfusedYea - I saw it moments after it happened and immediately thought of You & MrWee, Maddy. Now, I KNOW that wasn't one of Your trains, was it, eh?

-------------

Posted By: Tiz
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 12:28am

Will they be able to get a sample for drugs or alcohol testing?  
Prolly isn't enough for the mortician to even work with.

Closed caskets for sure.

Posted By: Hootman
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 12:32am
Prolly.

Posted By: bwestfall
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 1:39am
Of course the "age" thing always plays into how much attention a celebrity/sport/public figure death gets. Whether it is fascination, loss of what they may do in the future, wasted talent, good looks, etc. the younger they die the worse it seems.

I've always wondered at what age the fascination starts to lessen kicks in. Like Paul Walker at 40, still gets a large amount, while even older, more talented get just a little. When James Gandolfini died at 51, I didn't see why it was such a big deal but many (I'm sure many thought he was a great actor)more than I would have suspected just went crazy over it. I know other factors account for some of it, but I do think at some age, 60, 65, 70, the "youth" factor kicks in and people don't care as much.

-------------
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 1:57am

^  And at a certain age---maybe 75 and up---when a celebrity dies, many of us just assume he or she was already dead.

At this pont, so many people I grew up watching or listening to have died, that sometimes, I don't remember who's dead and who isn't.

Another thing.  If they're not someone in my frame of reference---that is, if I didn't "grow up" with them or have had little exposure to them, I find myself caring less.  Like this Paul Walker guy.  Yeah, it's sad that he died so young, but I don't really feel anything about it.  It's not as if a little part of me died when he died, as it might be when someone like Lou Reed dies.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 8:02am

Actually, when he died, there was no great mourning of his death. People just said "Gee, that's too bad" & moved on with their lives. Dean & his work didn't achieve cult status until many years later, after the social revolution he helped usher in, was well under way.

As for your taste in movies.... what can I say? Dean's movies are & always will be considered classics, right up there with Cassablanca & From Here to Eternity. Paul Walker & his gimmicky movies will be completely forgotten about.

No offense.

I certainly can't imagine a big time, chart-topping rock band ever writing a hit song called Paul Walker nearly 20 years after his death.

Yeah, lots of sh*tty movies(and books) are considered classics, that's nothing new. Of course, the F&F series won't be considered classics, but they do one thing right that none of Dean's work ever did-entertain me. 

And not sure your logic...because no big time chart topping rock band has written a hit song about Orson Welles it means nobody will remember him either? How many hit songs have been written about Humphrey Bogart? Or for that matter, Abbott and Costello(or The Marx Brothers), does nobody else remember them since nobody wrote a hit song about them?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 2:19pm

How many hit songs have been written about Humphrey Bogart? 

Here's one.  I dunno if it can be called a hit, but it was pretty popular in my college dorm.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 2:30pm
^LOL

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 3:16pm

Yeah, lots of sh*tty movies (and books) are considered classics, that's nothing new.

Awwww shucks. I've gone & hurt your feelings, so now you're lashing out in anger & retaliation.  

Me sowwy... Cry

Of course, the F&F series won't be considered classics, but they do one thing right that none of Dean's work ever did-entertain me.

Yes, I'm sure they've entertained many members of your generation x or y or z.

Whatever...

And not sure your logic...because no big time chart topping rock band has written a hit song about Orson Welles it means nobody will remember him either? How many hit songs have been written about Humphrey Bogart? Or for that matter, Abbott and Costello(or The Marx Brothers), does nobody else remember them since nobody wrote a hit song about them?

Beside the point deflection & strawman argument. 

NOT having a hit song written about oneself, does not necessarily mean one is not a cultural icon, but HAVING one written about oneself, certainly does mean one is. 

Point being, James Dean HAD a hit song written about him, which merely serves to underscore his status as a cultural icon based on the movies he made (which BTW are not "sh*tty"), but Paul Walker, though I'm sure he was a good & decent person, will NEVER have a hit song written about him, because unlike Dean, Walker was a minor star who, like his & most of the other forgettable movies being made nowadays, will be completely forgotten about.

No offense intended to the man or his fans, but it is what it is.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 3:40pm

Yeah, lots of sh*tty movies (and books) are considered classics, that's nothing new.

Awwww shucks. I've gone & hurt your feelings, so now you're lashing out in anger & retaliation.  

Me sorry... Cry

Of course, the F&F series won't be considered classics, but they do one thing right that none of Dean's work ever did-entertain me.

Yes, I'm sure they've entertained many members of your generation x or y or z.

LOL that picture is hilarious!

I dislike Fast & Furious because they manage to total classic muscle cars while the tuner cars are untouched.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 3:43pm

How many hit songs have been written about Humphrey Bogart?

Here's one. I dunno if it can be called a hit, but it was pretty popular in my college dorm.

I'm surprised you overlooked this one, you being a big Blondie fan & all...

"Susie And Jeffrey"

Even though Jeff was worried
They weren't in a hurry
They planned a lovely honeymoon
Sue had a brand new Chevy
Conservative, in good taste
Only 30 payments due
They had outstanding tickets
They had no car insurance
But they had lots of things to do
They were getting organised
They had their plans all finalised
The date was set for Saturday

Susie and Jeffrey, they're gonna get married
They're going for a blood test

What if I don't pass my blood test?
What about our marriage licence?
What if I can't be deprogrammed?
Don't act like it's your last chance
We could have fun at the Spahn Ranch.
It's not like Gordon Avenue

Susie and Jeffrey, they're gonna get married
They're going for a blood test
Jeffrey said "Let's wait"
Sue took her foot off of the brake
He drove into a wall

Don't get excited, now don't shout!
I'll scratch your eyes out
Now we can't have our honeymoon!"
Don't touch she's my fiance!
Say, but I like the way you play
An autograph from Orson Welles

I'm a fan, here's my record
It's one we can't get programmed
We want to give to all of you
They had a little argument
He drove the car into a wall
They had a little argument
They had a disagreement

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

LOL that picture is hilarious!

I've always gotten a chuckle out of it myself!!! Big smile 

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 3:51pm

I do love that song.  Never appeared on the vinyl album---only the CD.  I read it was inspired simply by some engaged couple having crashed into the studio in LA where Blondie was recording, following an argument.

And of course I love the Spahn Ranch reference, whatever the hell it's supposed to mean.  Same with the Orson Welles reference.  What the...?

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 3:58pm

I do love that song.  Never appeared on the vinyl album---only the CD.  I read it was inspired simply by some engaged couple having crashed into the studio in LA where Blondie was recording, following an argument.
And of course I love the Spahn Ranch reference, whatever the hell it's supposed to mean.  Same with the Orson Welles reference.  What the...?

There is a very deep, dark & cryptic meaning to the use of those references in that song.... they rhymed.

LOL

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 4:24pm

^  God bless rock music.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 4:47pm

Maybe they both reeeeeaaaaallllly hated Blondie & were trying to prevent them from putting out another album.... 

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 5:03pm

Well, then they succeeded at least in having them never put out another good one, anyway.  In fact, the CD that song appeared on, was kinda questionable itself.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 5:12pm
So, did the couple die, or did they live to get married & just WISH they'd died? LOL

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 5:16pm

I'll Google "suzy and jeffery gordon avenue" and see what comes up.

Nope.  Nothin' other than mentions of the song.  No Facebook or anything.  They must've died.

RIP, Suzy and Jeffery.  Cry

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 7:34pm
Just saw a commercial for Fast & Furious 6 the announcer said something about all proceeds will be donated to Paul Walkers fund for first responders.

Wow.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 8:31pm
Walker failed - no 'MudMonkey Merit Badge' for him, no - more something like 'Lice(Rice?)Krispies Merit Badge'.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 9:38am

NOT having a hit song written about oneself, does not necessarily mean one is not a cultural icon, but HAVING one written about oneself, certainly does mean one is. 

Or maybe it just means a popular band was a fan of the dude.

And I've seen Dean's work-it's still sh*tty. Tons of classic movies far better than anything he ever did.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 4:36pm
I've seen some follow up articles. After viewing enhanced video of the car on fire, it appears the passenger was conscious but trapped. It said he was "flailing" his arms.
The article also said toxicology reports would take 6 to 8 weeks.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 4:46pm

I've seen some follow up articles. After viewing enhanced video of the car on fire, it appears the passenger was conscious but trapped. It said he was "flailing" his arms.

I'd rather not have known that.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 5:03pm
Seriously.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 7:38pm
Sorry guys,  Sometimes life's not pretty.  Or death.

Posted By: Moochamoocha
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 7:56pm

I'd rather not have known that.

Same here. It makes it all the more sad.

-------------
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 4:32am
Today on CNN newsroom they ran the Mandela story then immediately went into the Walker story--not saying anything really but it did seem strange.

What little I saw of Walker story was bizarre, surreal, and sorry (because people seem to get too wrapped up emotionally in the death of someone they've never known).

People at the crash sight were several people deep for several blocks on both sides. There were pile after pile of "junk" people had brought to honor Paul Walker. Maybe the most odd was that some people brought a full size Christmas tree, set it up and decorated it. The funniest part was when the reporter said that each person there was mourning for Walker in their own personal way--well I don't think mourning someone in front of thousands of other people and 100s of news outlets is very private--couldn't they have mourned privately at home?

When I was in high school Elvis dies. My cousin cried and was so upset, you'd have thought he was an immediate family member. Me and my sister told her to grow up and get a life.

-------------
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 4:59am
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

Today on CNN newsroom they ran the Mandela story then immediately went into the Walker story--not saying anything really but it did seem strange.

What little I saw of Walker story was bizarre, surreal, and sorry (because people seem to get too wrapped up emotionally in the death of someone they've never known).

People at the crash sight were several people deep for several blocks on both sides. There were pile after pile of "junk" people had brought to honor Paul Walker. Maybe the most odd was that some people brought a full size Christmas tree, set it up and decorated it. The funniest part was when the reporter said that each person there was mourning for Walker in their own personal way--well I don't think mourning someone in front of thousands of other people and 100s of news outlets is very private--couldn't they have mourned privately at home?

When I was in high school Elvis dies. My cousin cried and was so upset, you'd have thought he was an immediate family member. Me and my sister told her to grow up and get a life.

I think the public reaction to the death of Elvis marked the beginning of the phenomenon of massive outpourings of grief over celebrity deaths in this country.

Other than for political leaders, I don't think I'd ever seen it before.

Some years earlier, when Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin & Jim Morrison died, their fans were bummed out, but there were no massive crowds holding candle light vigils for days outside their homes as I recall.

-------------

C'mon, man!

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 5:26am
Minor edit to my earlier comment and it won't let me edit now.

The reporter said that each person could mourn Walker in their own private way (not personal) that's why is sounded so ridiculous when they are in a very public situation.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk