Forum Description: Discuss whatever.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15177
Printed Date: 20 Aug 2017 at 8:43am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: That's That Sh*t I Don't Like!
Posted By: Moochamoocha
Subject: That's That Sh*t I Don't Like!
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 3:27pm
Hey you guys! Here's an idea I got from another board. You air out the common/petty/annoying things that you encounter or notice in life that irk your nerves. I'll start.

- When people spell my name wrong. Come on, people! What's so hard about ALLISON? It has 2 L's, not one! Yesterday I received an email from someone at my church and she added a whole bunch of extra letters to my name. It seriously irked me but I didn't say anything about it, just signed my name to let her see how my name was really spelled. It's bad enough that people forget my name, but do you have to add insult to injury by spelling it wrong, too? That's that sh*t I don't like!

- When people misuse than/then. Seriously?! Do you REALLY need to go back to grammar school? Even some of my friends do this and it irks me to no end. You sound really stupid and ignorant when you write things like "I'd rather eat glass THEN go bungee jumping". When you say that, you're telling me that you will eat glass first and go bungee jumping right after. I'd rather you fall off a cliff THEN get hit by a truck THAN read your illiterate nonsense!

-------------
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/" rel="nofollow">

Replies:
Posted By: insanity213
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 3:33pm
^^  I have the exact same problem with my last name .. it contains 2 L's but unless I spell it out, 999 times out of 1000 the person will only put 1 L.

Inconsiderate assholes who pour their drink out in the convenience store parking lot right outside their driver's side door.  If it was just water & ice, it would be no big deal as it would dry up and be like it was never there.  But it's pretty much always soda or coffee, leaving a sticky mess right there for the next person who parks in that spot to step into when they get out of their car.  That's the sh*t I don't like Angry

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 3:35pm

Misspellings drive me nuts, too.  Worse than that, though, is the absence of punctuation.  I hate having to decipher someone's writing before I can even begin to understand what they're actually saying.  There are some here at CIH who combine several sentences with absolutely no break in between it really bugs me.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 3:39pm
^^ Ridiculous & Privilege seem to be the most difficult words for some people to spell, usually misspelled Rediculous and Privilage.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

- When people spell my name wrong. Come on, people! What's so hard about ALLISON? It has 2 L's, not one! Yesterday I received an email from someone at my church and she added a whole bunch of extra letters to my name. It seriously irked me but I didn't say anything about it, just signed my name to let her see how my name was really spelled. It's bad enough that people forget my name, but do you have to add insult to injury by spelling it wrong, too? That's that sh*t I don't like!

Some people purposely set up their kids for that.  Some friends just named their newborn girl, Kassidie.  She's gonna be spelling that for people for the rest of her life.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 4:03pm

My on-line weather forecast for today says "Sunny/Windy, chance of rain".  Tonight will be "Clear, chance of rain".  How?  C'mon people, you're the Weather Channel!  This is what you do!  Get it right!

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Citrus+Heights+CA+USCA0221" rel="nofollow - http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Citrus+Heights+CA+USCA0221

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 4:09pm
^^ Right now they're more concerned with Yogi and Boo Boo.

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-forecast/winter-storm-yogi-20130415" rel="nofollow - http://www.weather.com/news/weather-forecast/winter-storm-yogi-20130415

Posted By: Hootman
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Misspellings drive me nuts, too.  Worse than that, though, is the absence of punctuation.  I hate having to decipher someone's writing before I can even begin to understand what they're actually saying.  There are some here at CIH who combine several sentences with absolutely no break in between it really bugs me.

It can really make a difference..

"Let's eat grandma."

"Let's eat, grandma."

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 4:31pm

They're never concerned with our weather here.  Maybe it's 'cuz we really don't get much.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

It can really make a difference..

"Let's eat grandma."

"Let's eat, grandma."

Especially my Grandma.  There's not enough of her to feed an ant, at this point.  But when she was alive, there was enough to feed an army.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 6:36pm
Here's some more sh*t I don't like.

- When people can't do simple tasks, like re-filling an ice tray. At home, I've seen my oldest sister use ice bits to cool her drink instead of bothering to put new ice in the bucket. As someone who likes their drinks ice cold, it really pisses me off when I go for some ice only to find the bucket completely empty. It's even worse at work. They will take ice from the ice tray and leave the empty tray AND bucket in the freezer! AngryAngry That's some lazy-ass sh*t that I REALLY don't like!

-------------

Posted By: bwestfall
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 6:49pm
There are so many...but these two happened in the last few days.

My last name:  CVS asks for last name and I say Westfall and about half the time they are looking for Wes Fall?  I see them in the first part of the alphabet.  Now I say, "My last name is Westfall." They are doing better.

For years it has bug the crap out of me when someone leaves "time" on the microwave when they finish and I need to clear it before I can use it.  Petty, you say, well, my boss says that it only takes a second to clear it off so what am I griping about--yeah, it justs takes a second so why don't YOU do it when its your use.

Oh yeah, I hate to be totally ignored at any store/restaurant.  I tip really well, and I am not difficult to wait on (I usually have a drink at bar while waiting on takeout).  However, when I clearly and plainly ask for something or some service that is part of the regular service I don't expect people to completely act like I never opened my mouth.  Just pisses me off; and if I tip them poorly then they would never think it's because the didn't get good service, its because I am a middle-aged female who doesn't tip well--if they only knew. Some of my  little, regular kids at various places love to see me walk in the door!

-------------
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 6:59pm
And another one:  why do spouts on coffee carafes, pitchers, etc. have to leak, or will only pour so much at a time.  I just spilled water as I was pouring it into the water resevoir of my coffee maker.  I'm sure there is a reason but it is damned annoying.  Why can't you pour it as fast as you want? Who said Mr. Coffee should get to set the water rate limit on how much/quickly I pour? Wacko

-------------
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 7:30pm
People at the grocery store who stop their cart sideways in the aisle when they're price comparing on the shelves so that it's blocking the entire aisle.  And of course, it they see you coming and have to stop what they're doing to adjust their cart so you can get by, they give you the look as if you're the jerk for inconveniencing them.

Also in grocery stores, people that hold up the line longer than necessary to make the sacker do a price check because an item rang up all of ten cents higher than what the price said on the shelf. 

Or the ones who wait until the cashier gives the total before they bother to get their checkbook out to write the check (happens less commonly now since check cards are a lot more prominent than checks these days). 

That also goes back to when I delivered pizzas.  The customer has a friggin' half hour after they place the order to make the check out, yet they wait until the driver gets there to do so.  Countless times they'd answer the door with: "Hello, how much was it again?" "XX.XX" "Okay let me go find my checkbook."  FIND your checkbook?? What in the hell were you doing all this time since you called in your order Lady, paddling the pink canoe??  Great, now I get to wait for you to find your damn checks in addition to writing out a check (with a whopping $1 tip included).

I could do an entire list from my pizza delivering experiences alone.  There were plenty of positives about the job, but holy hell were there many things about it that pissed me off Angry

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Or the ones who wait until the cashier gives the total before they bother to get their checkbook out to write the check (happens less commonly now since check cards are a lot more prominent than checks these days). 

I've griped about that a few times here.  It seems it's mainly women and the older folk who even use a checkbook these days.  And not only do they wait until the order's all rung up to pull out their checkbook, they also have to stand there and record it in the checkbook before they'll move on.

Worse, though, are the people on government assistance.  They have welfare money on a card, WIC money on checks, and cash that they use to pay for the ineligible items...so I have to wait for three transactions to be completed before it's my turn.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 8:19pm
Paying my gas bill by phone is a drag.  It repeats back everything I key in (which I have to verify).  It asks how much I want to pay, and then repeats it back---and then adds in the service charge and repeats back the total with the service charge.  Then it transfers me over to their payment center, which proceeds to ask me the very same questions.  There's a whole buncha other stuff I have to do, too.  I've timed it (well, my phone does).  It takes 6 and 1/2 minutes from start to finish.  Very annoying.  Oh, and the payment verification number isn't the usual 6-digit thing.  It's like a friggin' VIN number, fer Chrissakes.

I get very annoyed when I have to pay this bill---to the point that I once actually got a 15-day notice, simply because I hadn't wanted to deal with their pay-by-phone thing.  It's that annoying.

I pay every other bill on line.  So, I guess the solution is obvious.

Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 8:31pm
New sports logos especially ones designed by Nike! They just blandized the Uconn Huskies logo into something predictable, an angry snarling dog, yawn. I will miss the friendly UNIQUE white happy dog with it's tongue sticking out sob

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Posted By: timdubya
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 8:38pm

I've griped about that a few times here.  It seems it's mainly women and the older folk who even use a checkbook these days.  And not only do they wait until the order's all rung up to pull out their checkbook, they also have to stand there and record it in the checkbook before they'll move on.

Worse, though, are the people on government assistance.  They have welfare money on a card, WIC money on checks, and cash that they use to pay for the ineligible items...so I have to wait for three transactions to be completed before it's my turn.

I worked as a cashier one Christmas at Wal-Mart.  The WIC stuff has to be certain items in a certain order and sometimes I already rang stuff up before the person gets the WIC stuff out.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 8:45pm

^  This is why, when I see a young woman (usually Hispanic or white and tattooed) with three kids in tow at the checkout, I just find another line to stand in.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

For years it has bug the crap out of me when someone leaves "time" on the microwave when they finish and I need to clear it before I can use it.  Petty, you say, well, my boss says that it only takes a second to clear it off so what am I griping about--yeah, it justs takes a second so why don't YOU do it when its your use.

OMG, I hate that sh*t, too! They do that a lot at work. I'm seriously going to put up a sign that says "Your momma doesn't work here! Clean up after yourselves!"

-------------

Posted By: msmadz
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 9:22pm

OMG, I hate that sh*t, too! They do that a lot at work. I'm seriously going to put up a sign that says "Your momma doesn't work here! Clean up after yourselves!"
OMG - people are effing SLOBS. If you're sh*t splatters in the microwave, for the love of all that's holy WIPE IT UP.

My boss was kind enough to buy a brand new microwave, refrigerator and Keurig machine. Usually, before a 3 day weekend, I'll defrost the fridge and give everything a good cleaning. Some bitch kept making snide remarks about "Oh, is that in your job description, too?"  I finally said "Well, Bill was nice enough to buy ot for EVERYONE to use, so I thought I'd be kind back and at least keep it clean since so many people around here never heard of a wet paper towel."

-------------
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Posted By: LittleO
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 9:50pm
- When people park crooked or on/over the line in an already crowded parking lot
- When strangers tell someone (usually female) to smile
- When selfish jerks bring a wailing infant to a decent restaurant, esp. on a Saturday night or Valentine's Day
- When people overcorrect others' grammar, but they're WRONG. "How are you?" "I'm good, and you?" "I'm WELL" *smug smile* [state-of-being verbs are modified by adjectives, not adverbs]
- When students bring noisy/smelly food to a one-hour class

I'm sure I'll think of more.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

- When people overcorrect others' grammar, but they're WRONG. "How are you?" "I'm good, and you?" "I'm WELL" *smug smile* [state-of-being verbs are modified by adjectives, not adverbs]

So, you're saying that it'd be more correct to answer "I'm well-hung".

I'm glad, because that's what I do, anyway.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 11:26pm
Clap EXACTLY.

Posted By: sgtrock21
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 11:56pm

And another one:  why do spouts on coffee carafes, pitchers, etc. have to leak, or will only pour so much at a time.  I just spilled water as I was pouring it into the water resevoir of my coffee maker.  I'm sure there is a reason but it is damned annoying.  Why can't you pour it as fast as you want? Who said Mr. Coffee should get to set the water rate limit on how much/quickly I pour? Wacko
Have you noticed that most coffee carafes at restaurants have a wide curved lip intead of a spout. The waitress/waiter seem to be able to pour straight or at an angle without spilling. These have been in use (at least) since I was a child in the 1950s. Why has technology regressed to the little dribbly spout you described? In my Mr. coffee I have about a 3/4 inch target to pour the water in. Many wasted paper towels. 

-------------
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 12:19am

Paying my gas bill by phone is a drag.  It repeats back everything I key in (which I have to verify).  It asks how much I want to pay, and then repeats it back---and then adds in the service charge and repeats back the total with the service charge.  Then it transfers me over to their payment center, which proceeds to ask me the very same questions.  There's a whole buncha other stuff I have to do, too.  I've timed it (well, my phone does).  It takes 6 and 1/2 minutes from start to finish.  Very annoying.  Oh, and the payment verification number isn't the usual 6-digit thing.  It's like a friggin' VIN number, fer Chrissakes.

I get very annoyed when I have to pay this bill---to the point that I once actually got a 15-day notice, simply because I hadn't wanted to deal with their pay-by-phone thing.  It's that annoying.

I pay every other bill on line.  So, I guess the solution is obvious.

When I lived in Southern California in the mid 1970s my gas bill was about $4 per month for the water heater. My furnace never came on. I now pay all utilities online. It takes about 2 minutes each. The solution is obvious. 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 12:39am
You're right!  I hadn't thought about it but I was a waitress for years and never spilled coffee/tea on anyone/anything.

And LittleO hit on 2 others that piss me off royal:  when people tell you to "smile" even though you have no reason to or because you are absorbed in doing something else--I've just gotten where I tell them that I am not going to grin like an idiot 24/7.

The other is smells thing.  I've brought that up before.  For whatever reason smells are extremely strong to me and often stay with me longer than most of the other employees.  And since the kitchenette is in my department, the damn smells stay here when the turds that make them leave and get away from it.

Today, and about twice a week, someone has been bringing takeout that has those god-awful onions that smell like they have been prepared and left sitting out forever.  Bet there breath could melt plastic after they eat themLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 12:51am

I write one check per month for my rent. I own a home but that is another story. Once in awile I am behind the senior citizen with their checkbook. I just take it in stride. They don't understand pay with card is the same as check. Since I am retired a few more minutes in line is not a big deal for me. I tend to give seniors a break. I'm almost there. The welfare people are a different story. Socialism works until the people earning money can no longer support those who are not.

-------------

Posted By: DirtyD79
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 12:56am

- When people park crooked or on/over the line in an already crowded parking lot
- When selfish jerks bring a wailing infant to a decent restaurant, esp. on a Saturday night or Valentine's Day

Agreed on the one about telling strangers to smile. I hate that sh*t. I remember a few years ago me and my dad were in line at McDonald's and the cashier was telling him to smile. Then he explained to her that me and him were on our way to the cemetery to bury my mom. Yeah imagine that, a guy who is on his way to bury a woman he'd been married to for over 30 years and had spent four months watching her die of cancer isn't running around doing the happy dance. 

Believe it or not real life is not like all those sappy cartoons ypu watched as a kid. Real people have emotions and maybe just maybe they're going through some sh*t that no sane rational human being should smile about.

-------------
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 1:08am

^  Similarly, overly-helpful employees drive me nuts.

I was in the cat food area of PetSmart last week, where a buncha the male employees were gathered around working on some sorta display or something.  As their group broke up, and they started going about other business, each one of 'em was coming up to me, asking how I'm doin', and am I finding everything alright.  It was like one a minute.

It was driving me nuts.  Finally, when I sensed in my periphery the 6th one of 'em walking down the cat food aisle toward me, I turned to him before he could say a word to me, and said...

"I'm doing great, and I swear to God I'm finding everything just fine."

It kinda caught him off-guard, but he laughed. 

Posted By: DirtyD79
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 1:31am

^  Similarly, overly-helpful employees drive me nuts.

I was in the cat food area of PetSmart last week, where a buncha the male employees were gathered around working on some sorta display or something.  As their group broke up, and they started going about other business, each one of 'em was coming up to me, asking how I'm doin', and am I finding everything alright.  It was like one a minute.

It was driving me nuts.  Finally, when I sensed in my periphery the 6th one of 'em walking down the cat food aisle toward me, I turned to him before he could say a word to me, and said...

"I'm doing great, and I swear to God I'm finding everything just fine."

It kinda caught him off-guard, but he laughed.

Uggggghh I hate that. And what annoys me more about it is when there's nobody at the damn register when I'm ready to pay because these asshats are too busy wandering around the store asking everybody "Can I help you? Can I help you? Can I help you?" yeah you can help. Help by being at the goddamn register so I can make my transaction and move on with my life.

Another one I hate is those swarthy weirdos at the mall peddling sea soap or whatever the hell. If you're so much as in the same zipcode as their stand get ready to get pounced by some creeper who wants to rub stuff allover your hands and then give you a hardsell sales pitch. 

-------------
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 1:56am
Speaking of Petsmart, on Saturday I went in and they have stopped selling the canned dog food I use.  My older dog has been on it since going on adult food 11 years ago--she likes it, alot.  Its their "cheaper" line (no, it's not that cheap)so I figure they will discontinue all of the lower priced stuff and their other line is almost a dollar higher than what I've been using.  So I hate it when companies stop making a product I really like!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 2:17am
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Uggggghh I hate that. And what annoys me more about it is when there's nobody at the damn register when I'm ready to pay because these asshats are too busy wandering around the store asking everybody "Can I help you? Can I help you? Can I help you?" yeah you can help. Help by being at the goddamn register so I can make my transaction and move on with my life.

Another one I hate is those swarthy weirdos at the mall peddling sea soap or whatever the hell. If you're so much as in the same zipcode as their stand get ready to get pounced by some creeper who wants to rub stuff allover your hands and then give you a hardsell sales pitch. 

I hate this too! Retail corporations have it so backwards. They pester you about a hundred things (add-ons, store loyalty cards, credit cards, charitable donations, etc.) but can't be bothered to do the one thing you expect. I always wonder what they're basing these customer service strategies on, because it all seems so weird. Maybe they're aliens. 

Oh and the smiling thing -- people really shouldn't presume to dictate others' moods for exactly that reason. You never know what kind of bad news someone has just gotten. Maybe they have a migraine. Maybe they're about to have a panic attack. Just be polite and give strangers their space! It's not hard!

Posted By: Papa Lazarou
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 2:33am
You know, I hate it as a customer, so even as an employee, I really only harped on about the loyalty, credit,charity, etc. when the big manager was around.

I find that harping on makes people less likely to participate. I would keep all the "Loyalty members only" coupons customers didn't want, and always apply them to applicable orders. Other customers saw this, and asked me about it, and I politely and quickly mentioned the coupons only worked for loyalty card members.

I consistently had more people signing up and I was only an "emergency" cashier.

-------------
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!

Posted By: MrTim
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 4:28am
bwestfall wrote:
  [/quote]

I'd just unplug the damn thing when I'm done....  LOL

And LittleO hit on 2 others that piss me off royal:  when people tell you to "smile" even though you have no reason to or because you are absorbed in doing something else--I've just gotten where I tell them that I am not going to grin like an idiot 24/7.

I've tried to smile like other people (especially the ones you see in print ads.)  Doesn't work.  My mouth and facial muscles aren't built to show off my teeth like that.   When I do try it, I look like I just enjoyed doing something horrible and evil to someone. So I just smirk.  Makes people paranoid....  Wink

-------------
http://mrtim1k.blogspot.com/ - WKRP closing theme lyrics HERE!

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 4:34am
Technically, showing your teeth is actually a sign of aggression. It's why people under stess/being pestered tend to revert to that kind of smile.

A real smile simply involves the corners of the mouth curving upwards.

-------------
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 7:40pm
OK, this one really steams my asparagus!

In our snackshop at work, we have 2 different coffees. The "House Blend" or Green Mountain. And there are usually 3 or 4 varieties of Green Mountain. Naturally, the Green Mountain costs a little bit more. When you get to the register, you're kinda on an honor system and tell the lady what you're purchaing. OK, so she isn't the brightest bulb on the boulevard which is all the more reason to be honest. I've been going for coffee with a collegaue for a few months now, and she fills her cup with Green Mountain, then tells the cahsier she "just has a coffee"  and is charged for the House Blend. Every other person distinguishes and says either "Green Mountain"  or, even "Flavored".

This girl KNOWS she's getting the more expensive coffee but has to be a goddamn cheapo about it. For the love of all that's holy, pony up the extra dough you cheapskate.

Another one that makes my blood pressure spike...

Just because YOU have children, does NOT give you or them carte blanche to cut/stand in front of me to view a display or exhibit that I paid the ADULT admission to see, too. Case in point - we were at an aquarium and there was a pool of otters (I think this particular exhibit was behind glass). Naturally everyone wanted to see them play. Some bitch literally hoisted her kid  - her BIGGER THAN ME KID - ahead of everyone simply because HE was a KID and should have the advantage of getting the best spot. Naturally, other parents thought the same thing and there was a bit of jostling and pushing for a "good spot". Well, f**k it if I didn't hold my ground. I'm sorry, I'm not usually a mean person but I paid money too. Your kids can wait their turn like everyone else. Just because a person is under the age of say, 14, doesn't mean they have to be rude or that I should altar my view to appease you and your kids.

(Rants are over).

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

OK, this one really steams my asparagus!

In our snackshop at work, we have 2 different coffees. The "House Blend" or Green Mountain. And there are usually 3 or 4 varieties of Green Mountain. Naturally, the Green Mountain costs a little bit more. When you get to the register, you're kinda on an honor system and tell the lady what you're purchaing. OK, so she isn't the brightest bulb on the boulevard which is all the more reason to be honest. I've been going for coffee with a collegaue for a few months now, and she fills her cup with Green Mountain, then tells the cahsier she "just has a coffee"  and is charged for the House Blend. Every other person distinguishes and says either "Green Mountain"  or, even "Flavored".

This girl KNOWS she's getting the more expensive coffee but has to be a goddamn cheapo about it. For the love of all that's holy, pony up the extra dough you cheapskate.

Just because YOU have children, does NOT give you or them carte blanche to cut/stand in front of me to view a display or exhibit that I paid the ADULT admission to see, too. Case in point - we were at an aquarium and there was a pool of otters (I think this particular exhibit was behind glass). Naturally everyone wanted to see them play. Some bitch literally hoisted her kid  - her BIGGER THAN ME KID - ahead of everyone simply because HE was a KID and should have the advantage of getting the best spot. Naturally, other parents thought the same thing and there was a bit of jostling and pushing for a "good spot". Well, f**k it if I didn't hold my ground. I'm sorry, I'm not usually a mean person but I paid money too. Your kids can wait their turn like everyone else. Just because a person is under the age of say, 14, doesn't mean they have to be rude or that I should altar my view to appease you and your kids.

(Rants are over).

Yep. All of this. It all boils down to entitlement. Some people -- actually, a lot of people -- think they're special and the rules don't apply. They can rationalize away the coffee theft, or raise a stink about how children are our future and have just as much right to be there and you're just mean, or whatever, but the simple answer is they're selfish jerks. Almost all of my pet peeves can be summarized by this attitude. 

Posted By: CatWoman
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 10:36pm

Mad, Max and I were at Shedd Aquarium in Chicago celebrating my son-in-law's birthday.  I was being pushed by my husband while sitting in a friggin' wheelchair.(I can't walk long distances without assistance anymore.) We were looking at an exhibit, I was in the front row, when 2 teenaged girls squeezed their asses between me and the glass so they could be first!  All I could see was their butts!  After this exhibit, Max started pushing my chair up to the glass so that wouldn't happen again.  People are so rude!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 10:47pm
^^ Just reading that enrages me, let alone imagining seeing it person, and still let alone imagining being either you or your husband in that situation.   Those 2 little witches take rudeness to a whole different level  Angry

Posted By: EMCEE
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 3:12am
I'm in training for work all week, and one of my biggest pet peeves is people who say sh*t just to hear their own voices, and make trainings/school/meetings horrible for the rest of the attendees.  I've been keeping tally of how many absolutely stupid ass things this one woman can ask, blurt out, and comment on in a 6 hour training.  She still has not beaten her record of f*cking SIXTY-SEVEN times from Monday.

-------------
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 3:56am
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

Mad, Max and I were at Shedd Aquarium in Chicago...

I keep reading this as you being at Shedd Aquarium with Mad Max.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 4:19am

She could make that a reality by getting one of those armored wheelchairs from Murderball.... 
LOL

-------------

Posted By: verminstew
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 1:08pm
I sit next to a woman at work that is a TOTAL attention whore.  She brings in a purse, and two huge gym bags.  She is constantly picking them up and slamming them down causing an earthquake on my cubicle wall.  Everytime she gets up, she says "ouch".  She chews and pops gum ALL DAY LONG.  She constantly mooches items from us...band-aids, advil, vitamins, food, etc.  Then there is the texting all day and the phone calls from her sister who she is always arguing with.  And if she says something and nobody answers, she will ask why we are ignoring her.  

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

I sit next to a woman at work that is a TOTAL attention whore.  She brings in a purse, and two huge gym bags.  She is constantly picking them up and slamming them down causing an earthquake on my cubicle wall.  Everytime she gets up, she says "ouch".  She chews and pops gum ALL DAY LONG.  She constantly mooches items from us...band-aids, advil, vitamins, food, etc.  Then there is the texting all day and the phone calls from her sister who she is always arguing with.  And if she says something and nobody answers, she will ask why we are ignoring her.  
Sounds like everyone I've sat with for the past 7 years.

Now, I am blissfully ALONE.

Personal cell phones should be banned in the office workplace. Want to make or receive a call/text? Do it on oyur lunch break. And, I don't need to hear your "Sounds of the 60's" ringtone at deafening levels.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

She could make that a reality by getting one of those armored wheelchairs from Murderball.... 
LOL

LOL

Or she could solve the problem of those teenaged girls with this:

Posted By: d4everman
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 3:09pm
This makes me crazy mad, and I swear if I could I would have them outlawed....superduper-nuclear powered loud car stereos. Nothing can ruin my mood faster than being anywhere near one of the assholes with one. Now that the weather is getting nice I expect more of it. I probably won't take the top down on my jeep just to help blunt the "boom boom boom". Also, guys showing their underwear.

Also...and this is purely a local issue for me: I live right outside of Fort Bragg, in the Cottonade subdivison. As a matter of fact I live one street away from Yadkin Rd which enters Bragg. Traffic piles up fast at 6 am because of the gate. Got it. The gate is literally a 60 second drive from here, but not at 6 AM. It can take ten minutes to get to the guard to show ID because of traffic. Got it. Price ya pay for security. But what happens is (mostly young/ no brained) soldiers think they'll get there quicker by dropping into the subdivision and bypassing traffic to get closer to the gate faster. IT doesn't really work, because they end up causing two traffic jams. One morning so many people did it they backed up almost to my house. Thats one side effect, the other is that they often drive through here like f***in' Speed Racer. Theres a stop sign on the corner thats been hit so many times its not funny. Sooner or later one of them is going to hit a person. Hell, twice they've almost hit me backing out of the garage. (before the tornado there was a tree that would block the sight of my car backing out. But if you're doing 40 miles Per Hour in a residential area tree or not, you're just begging to hit someone)One of the guys that almost hit me one morning literally came around the corner with tires screeching, he was going so fast. Missed my by a inch and almost lost control when he swerved....and he was one of my soldiers! (But he didn't realize it was me until we got to formation, where oh, lord, I cursed him out)

-------------
"Did somebody say 'HOG-RIDERRRR'?!!"

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 4:12am
Quote Sooner or later one of them is going to hit a person.

Get a child-size mannequin, dress it up, and throw it into the road after one of those leadfoots drives past.  Then have a woman scream really loud "Oh!  My Baby!".  Then, if they have the balls to come back, curse them out for speeding....

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 4:34am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Quote Sooner or later one of them is going to hit a person.

Get a child-size mannequin, dress it up, and throw it into the road after one of those leadfoots drives past.  Then have a woman scream really loud "Oh!  My Baby!".  Then, if they have the balls to come back, curse them out for speeding....
Be sure to put some bags of thickened cranberry juice on him as well.

-------------
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!

Posted By: Hezadancer
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Agreed on the one about telling strangers to smile. I hate that sh*t. I remember a few years ago me and my dad were in line at McDonald's and the cashier was telling him to smile. Then he explained to her that me and him were on our way to the cemetery to bury my mom. Yeah imagine that, a guy who is on his way to bury a woman he'd been married to for over 30 years and had spent four months watching her die of cancer isn't running around doing the happy dance. 

Believe it or not real life is not like all those sappy cartoons ypu watched as a kid. Real people have emotions and maybe just maybe they're going through some sh*t that no sane rational human being should smile about.

This This This This This.

Holy sh*t the "SMILE" comment from random strangers is the bane of my existence and made me hate working in retail. I have what is known as http://blog.krisatomic.com/?p=1617" rel="nofollow - "chronic bitch face" . The picture says it all.

How I look and how I feel have very little to do with each other. My default expression is very blank, to slightly sad. It's just how my face looks. It doesn't help that I tend to wear my hair to one side and it covers my eye when I look down. So I'd be looking down scanning stuff and hitting stuff on the register only to be told some variation of CHEER UP, SMILE, IT'S NOT SO BAD. I'd usually look up with the exact same blank expression and state "I'm not sad". Why do strangers who I'll likely never see again GIVE A SH*T whether or not I look bubbly and polite? Do they think I'm a smiling happy person until they get in my line and they have to take it personally?

Don't people realize most "friendly" cashiers don't give a sh*t either, they're just better at faking it? Newsflash, when they ask "how are you today?" they don't really care how you are. Not to mention it's strictly an American thing that we expect meaningless small talk with strangers to show our friendliness. In countries like Russia and Scandinavia they abhor meaningless small talk and pleases/thanks yours and come off as "cold" to westerners. Doesn't mean they are any less happy.

-------------
It's ok, I'm in marketing!

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 3:46pm

^  Heza, I don't think we should be looking to Russians for happiness.  Russia and surrounding countries (mostly members of the former USSR) consistently rank at the bottom of the list when it comes to happiness.  Granted, this is based on economic and social factors...but I don't think that anyone thinks "Russia!" when they think about who's happy.  The vodka alone...

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 5:01pm
Well, Russia does consistently have some pretty quality music coming out of them.

That makes me pretty happy....

-------------
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

Well, Russia does consistently have some pretty quality music coming out of them.

It doesn't get much happier than this:

The Best Girl in the USSR, by Russian band, Messer fur Frau Muller.

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 7:34pm
Yeah, the smile, etc. crap is a bitch.  A couple of times I actually thought quickly enough to get in a "snappy" comeback.  When they say "it's not so bad," tell them "It wasn't until you got here!"

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 9:41pm
Here's some very topical sh*t I don't like!

Newspaper sites (Yes, NY Times, I'm talking to YOU) who miserly dole out 10 articles per month online and then, once you reach your limit, they darken the website. Fine, I get it, you want to sell newspapers. But, when you have something as HUGE as what's hapening in Boston, and every 20 minutes there's a new update, you'd think maybe they could lift this ridiculous ban? (I say ridiculous only because these f**kers have the audacity to charge $5 for a Sunday paper). I don't need a finger shaking "tsk tsk! Sorry! You've reached your limit" reminder from these doucheketeers when I'm trying to find out the whereabouts of a nut job!

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 10:14pm
^^^^LMAO @ doucheketeers!

Here's some sh*t I don't like that just happened to me at work.

Why is it that every time someone from another department needs help with something, they always come to the receptionists on a Friday afternoon close to quitting time? Do they really want us to stay later than our appointed time because they can't handle their own workload? How come you never come on a Monday or any day that Mooch is not working? I mean, it's like they purposely come with their extra work on days that I'm there and it's almost always on a Friday afternoon. Like I don't have enough to do up here, answering the damn phone and all. Am I the only person who works here? That's some sh*t I don't like!

-------------

Posted By: Tiz
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 10:31pm
Pollen season! Everything is covered in a lovely shade of yellow. It's all in my window blinds but it's too nice to keep the windows closed.

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 10:45pm
Tiz, I hear you! I have allergies, too, and I'm not very fond of this time of year. I don't care how nice it is outside, I keep the windows closed and only go out when I have to.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 12:32am
Recently, Our electric company has been sending us a very friendly little note with our bill.

"You're using XXX more electricity than your neighbours!" With wonderful little comparisons, a graph...

We live in 2+ acres. Our water uses electricity because it comes from an artesian well, not to mention during the spring and summer when we have to water the huge yard. We also have a house three times the size of our neighbours, most of which live in mobile homes Also, unlike our neighbours, we have computers. We also have three buildings on our property.

They have a little number you can call to explain your costs...but why should we or anyone have to defend our electronics use? Why aren't they praising us instead? They get more money this way.

-------------
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!

Posted By: hump
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 1:07am
When people eat/handle messy foods and feel the need to suck their fingertips instead of using a napkin. This is especially disgusting in a chow line/ buffet. YECKH!

If you take cell phone calls at the dinner table.

People who don't hold the door open for the person following literally 5 feet behind.
  What's even worse, is the people who don't acknowledge the kind gesture.

When people pull up to a stop light and stop 10 feet past the line and are not making a right turn. If I'm crossing the street and your car is directly in my path... I will most likely walk across your hood.

WTF is up with disabled drivers leaving the card hanging from their rear view mirrors? Those are just for parking in handicap spots. There is no reason to drive around with them blocking your vision.

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 4:12am

Recently, Our electric company has been sending us a very friendly little note with our bill.

"You're using XXX more electricity than your neighbours!" With wonderful little comparisons, a graph...

We live in 2+ acres. Our water uses electricity because it comes from an artesian well, not to mention during the spring and summer when we have to water the huge yard. We also have a house three times the size of our neighbours, most of which live in mobile homes Also, unlike our neighbours, we have computers. We also have three buildings on our property.

They have a little number you can call to explain your costs...but why should we or anyone have to defend our electronics use? Why aren't they praising us instead? They get more money this way.

They're either trying to get you to install solar panels and energy-efficient appliances, or they suspect you might be operating a marijuana "grow house".

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 4:42am
Now why would we be doing that when the meth lab takes up so much room?

-------------
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 5:06am
Originally posted by hump hump wrote:

When people eat/handle messy foods and feel the need to suck their fingertips instead of using a napkin. This is especially disgusting in a chow line/ buffet. YECKH!

People who don't hold the door open for the person following literally 5 feet behind.

When people pull up to a stop light and stop 10 feet past the line and are not making a right turn. If I'm crossing the street and your car is directly in my path... I will most likely walk across your hood.

WTF is up with disabled drivers leaving the card hanging from their rear view mirrors? Those are just for parking in handicap spots. There is no reason to drive around with them blocking your vision.

These are all good ones. Finger sucking is absolutely foul.

I visited Russia a few years ago, and those are some serious, world-weary folks. Still, I really enjoyed my visit and found the everyday people more likable than you might expect. They're what my Intro Sociology classed termed "high-wall/low-wall" -- harder to get to know initially, but very open once you're "in." Americans tend to be the opposite -- gregarious and "open" at first, but harder to get to know the real person behind the chatter. Russians look more Western/white, but socially have a lot more in common with Asians.

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 10:27pm

You MUST know the joy that is Tesla Boy then....right?

I don't notice finger suckers much but I do work with 2 teeth suckers. Instead of using a toothpick or heaven forbid just WAITING to pick your teeth later they try to create suction in their mouth and suck crap out so you hear a loud TSSST over and over. God damn it it's one of the worst sounds ever, and I have to eat lunch with these people every Friday.

I don't care if handicap drivers want to leave the placard up, but I'm pretty sure it's actually against the rules. The bigger problem in my city is obviously trashy youth using grandma's car and parking in handicap spots. It's like come on, you're obviously not handicap. I know you're not supposed to judge and that not all handicaps are visible, but if you get out of the car, look 16 with your pants sagging, have several friends in tow, and your car is a Buick le sabre with some sort of "I love my cat" stickers on it, you're probably just cruising with grandma's car. Same thing if you're a young woman with kids and you're carrying a 40lb toddler. If you can carry the kid, you can walk the extra 20 feet and not use grandma's card.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 11:40pm
Actually, no. I'll look 'em up.

I was thinking more DVAR, Caprice, Mezzamo, Zemfira, Max Barskih (Okay, he's a bit fluff, but it's quality fluff), Quest Pistols, S.K.A.Y, and Zveri to name a few.

-------------
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 4:57pm
If you like throw back 80s synth pop, you'll enjoy them. Go try out "Liberating Soul" "Thinking of You" and "Waste My Body".

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 3:33pm

Hate that sh*t .. not just at the dinner table, but in any situation where you can't talk.  And more often than not the person answers the phone and says "Hi, I'm good, listen can I call you back in a little bit? I'm in the middle of ______."   That's what VOICE MAIL is for!!!!!  If they don't leave a message, it must not be that important .. but even still, their number shows up on caller ID so you can call them back anyway.

The flip side of that is being ridiculed by someone for not answering your phone every damned time they call, as if you're supposed to drop whatever it is you're doing and make their incoming call your top priority in life.  "I tried to call a couple minutes ago, why didn't you answer??" ... "Sorry I was busy holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa before it fell over completely and landed on a group of handicap children, and couldn't get to my phone."  ...  "Well you could've let go of it for a minute, you know!! What if I had an emergency??"

Angry

Even worse than that is if they don't acknowledge because they have their phone attached to their ear. Makes me wish I would've slammed the door right in their face.

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 3:52pm
Here's some rude-ass sh*t that I don't like.

Every morning at work, people pass by me without so much as a word or a look. HELLO!! I'm sitting at the front desk! I'm the first person you see in the whole damn office! A simple "good morning" wouldn't kill you! And yet, these are the same people who ask me for stuff when they need help. I see how it is - you think I'm beneath you because I'm a receptionist so you ignore me as if I'm a leper but when your ass is in dire straits, suddenly I'm important. Fix your own damn coffee and learn how to work the mail machine on your own! I'm going on break!

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 5:37pm

^  My experience in offices is that, even if they're a minute late, people don't want to say "good morning" or announce their arrival in any way.  They just want to slink off to their desks.  In fact, even if they're on time, they don't want to announce themselves, especially to the receptionist, who's usually in close proximity to the boss.  They just want to get settled at their desk before others jump at them with requests or problems.

But as the receptionist, isn't it your job to greet people?  Unless you're saying hello and they're totally not responding, you may be reading too much into it.

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 5:38pm
Mooch, have you seen Office Space?  If not I highly recommend it.  It satirizes the misery of the office job beautifully. 

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:16pm
"Where's my stapler!!!!"

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:21pm
^^ Milton and his Swingline LOL

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:41pm

These rude bastards should be throttled and stomped.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 7:11pm
Insanity - I have seen Office Space. I don't really remember it but that's not how my work place is at all.

Thor - I suppose it is my job to greet people, but I've been doing this for seven years now and I've gotten to the point of not saying anything to these fartknockers unless they speak to me first. I got real tired of smiling and being friendly to them and being brushed off or ignored. It's like I'm back in high school! Ain't nobody got time for that!

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 9:18pm
Mooch, maybe it's a perfect storm of night owls and introverts. I'm an early bird, very chipper when I wake up, but as an introvert, it's still draining for me to be social at work first thing in the morning. Of course that doesn't excuse rudeness -- I would never ignore a front desk person greeting me! However, I've found that some grumpy night owls reserve the right to be total pills until noon.

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 6:56pm
I really hate it when I'm in line and something happens making the line be stuck. Either something goes wrong with another customers card or the register, causes the line to be held up. Ugh this keeps happening to me, WHY?

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 7:32pm
You're walking under a black cloud, Ad.  It will get better.  I believe in Karma.

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I really hate it when I'm in line and something happens making the line be stuck. Either something goes wrong with another customers card or the register, causes the line to be held up. Ugh this keeps happening to me, WHY?

Y'mean like they don't have the balance to cover their purchases?  Or the card is expired/cancelled?  That would be the customer's fault, not the card's.

The only thing I can see going wrong with the card, is if it breaks.  That happened to me last year.  My card was cracked, and the payment pad thing wouldn't accept it.  The cashier simply keyed in the info, and all was fine.

Oh, another thing that happens on occasion, is that the card simply can't be read.  In that case, the cashier places the card in a plastic bag, and then swipes it.  For some reason, that works.

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 12:40am
P*sses me off to no end when people tell me they are going to do something and then they don't, and they don't even have the courtesy to call and tell me they are not doing it.  Because if they called me, I might be able to try and get someone else more quickly.

This is the first time I have ever needed to get someone to mow for me and dealing with when he has an opening, if it's going to rain, etc. We had a 3 day window.  He says, "I'll call you and let you know which day I will come." It was supposed to be Mon, Tues, or Wed.  If I don't get my front grass grown the county is probably going to fine me. (Grass was okay but then rained twice in about 4 days, then I work, and then I tried to over weekend and mower just wasn't having it.

Do people not realize how rude and inconvenient they are acting?  And I pay people well and in cash!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 12:52am

Your county fines you for overgrown grass??

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 1:20am
Yep, if it is over a certain height or if they can prove you haven't mowed it in a month.  Only know of a couple of people fined in my 17 years here but I don't want to push it.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 1:47am
When people have their car stopped in the middle of the road talking to someone! This happened at the entrance/exit to our local Stop & Shop. If you're going to talk to someone, pull the ***k over!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 2:35am

Yep, if it is over a certain height or if they can prove you haven't mowed it in a month.  Only know of a couple of people fined in my 17 years here but I don't want to push it.

I can see if a homeowner always has tall grass, he should probably be fined or something, as tall grasses invite rats, and rats affect others.  That'd be the spirit of the law.  So, I'd hope your county understands that rather than just blindly invoking the word of the law.  Otherwise, it just seems like a way for the county to make money.

Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 2:49am

I can see if a homeowner always has tall grass, he should probably be fined or something, as tall grasses invite rats, and rats affect others.  That'd be the spirit of the law.  So, I'd hope your county understands that rather than just blindly invoking the word of the law.  Otherwise, it just seems like a way for the county to make money.

They do that around here.

Code Enforcement officers patrol all over the place & if they see that your grass is over a certain height, or if you have a junk car, etc., they'll put a wooden stake in your yard with a violation notice in a plastic sleeve stapled to it telling you that you have 15 days to correct whatever the violation is or they'll send somebody out to do it for you then send you the bill. A couple of days later, you get another copy via certified mail.

-------------
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 4:23am
Confused
Went out for a 50-degree bike ride on my classy new geriatric 'Suntour', today.
Got a bad-ass surprise by one o'those GREENmobiles - maybe the largest black luxury sedan I've ever seen.
A brand new one.
Snuck up right behind me and scared the sh*t out of me, doncha know - all electric, not a sound, and there it was on my tail!
Not sure WHAT is was, I was so scared - about the size of a Cadillac, or something. Zipped right around me before I could cuss.
Nothing worse than a shock like that - pretty sure it was intentional.
I'll find the bastard, I swear!
I'll reverse his battery terminals. 

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 5:03am
^^ Find out who it is and throw a moose into the car's grill....  Wink

Quote P*sses me off to no end when people tell me they are going to do something and then they don't, and they don't even have the courtesy to call and tell me they are not doing it.

I got a subpeona to testify once, but the DA didn't bother to tell me the case was settled out of court weeks earlier.  Good thing I called the day before the court date to verify.  Saved me a wasted day.  Still pisses me off that their attitude was "It's not our problem that we didn't notify you"....

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 2:10pm

Twice, I've lent things to neighbors and then caught them tossing the stuff away.

One neighbor was letting his Rastafarian lawn guy haul away the wheelbarrow I lent him.  I said "What the hell you doin'".  On top of that, the wheel on it had gone flat, and the neighbor said he'd replace it.  That was last year.  He still hasn't done it.

I lent another neighbor a bunch of painting supplies.  After he used the stuff, and I asked him for it back, he told me he'd just tossed it away---brushes, a roller and a metal paint-rolling pan.  Who would throw stuff like that in the garbage?  Then he asked if I wanted him to get it out of the garbage!  Duh.

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 5:29pm
Thor, I got one of those tires for my wheelbarrow that never goes flat--it costs a little more but for me it's worth it.  My old tire had a slow leak so I was constantly having to inflate it before using it.  I've had the "permanent" tire for over 5 years.  I consider it one of those best things I've ever bought items.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 5:48pm

Thanks.  I'll relay that to Ken.  As far as him holding onto that wheelbarrow---that part I don't mind, as it's less crap in my yard.  Just don't throw it away!

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 6:19pm
More sh*t I don't like!

I hate it when people come on the bus or train with their nasty smelling food and start eating it as if they were at home. You can't wait a few stops to indulge in your crappy food? They open the container and start eating as if they are the only one in there. It's a confined space with limited air and you're stinking it up.

Speaking of stinking up, don't you just hate it when someone sits next to you on a bus or train and they positively REEK?! This always seems to happen to me - I'll be sitting alone when someone comes next to me reeking of food, cigarettes or worse, B.O.  For the duration of the ride, I have to hold my breath. Thanks for ruining my serenity, Stinky!

-------------

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 7:15pm

More sh*t I don't like!

I hate it when people come on the bus or train with their nasty smelling food and start eating it as if they were at home. You can't wait a few stops to indulge in your crappy food? They open the container and start eating as if they are the only one in there. It's a confined space with limited air and you're stinking it up.

Speaking of stinking up, don't you just hate it when someone sits next to you on a bus or train and they positively REEK?! This always seems to happen to me - I'll be sitting alone when someone comes next to me reeking of food, cigarettes or worse, B.O.  For the duration of the ride, I have to hold my breath. Thanks for ruining my serenity, Stinky!
WinkYou can always just fart and tell them you are 'returning a favor flavor'.

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Date Posted: 20 May 2013 at 9:07pm
So the 90 degree temps are here, and just in time as the A/C here at work is currently OUT OF COMMISSION. Angry Should be fixed tomorrow though.  It better be.

Posted By: Tiz
Date Posted: 20 May 2013 at 10:30pm
^^ I hate this time of year here. Air condition for 4 solid months($$$)

Date Posted: 20 May 2013 at 10:35pm
Not only at home, but in the car as well which makes fuel economy take a hit.  Granted I still get good gas mileage with the A/C, but still.

Date Posted: 20 May 2013 at 11:25pm

Last year, despite the average summer temps being in the mid-90s, I only used my A/C about ten times.  Low humidity and overhead fans are great.

On top of that, the fog coming into San Francisco sends cool air inland to the Sacramento area, and at night, we get this "delta breeze".  When that happens, it's the best sleeping weather anywhere.  It could've been 100+ degrees out during the day, but at night, it turns to a breezy 60 degrees.

Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Writing checks!!! They stand there doing nothing until all items have been rang up, then pull out the check book. ARRRRRH! Many years ago when I still used checks I would fill out everything but the amount while waiting for the cashier.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

They do that around here.

Code Enforcement officers patrol all over the place & if they see that your grass is over a certain height, or if you have a junk car, etc., they'll put a wooden stake in your yard with a violation notice in a plastic sleeve stapled to it telling you that you have 15 days to correct whatever the violation is or they'll send somebody out to do it for you then send you the bill. A couple of days later, you get another copy via certified mail.

Same thing here.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

^^ I hate this time of year here. Air condition for 4 solid months($$$)
Same here - I really don't like summer. I hate A/C - closing up the house gives me claustrophobia. Not to mention the heat and humidity. And the bees! Holy hopping Christ on a cracker - wasps, hornets, yellow jacks - no thanks.

The only way to enjoy summer (IMO) is to be parked on a beach 24/7.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2013 at 3:12pm
I don't know which asshole decided that convertibles should have AC as an option but I'd like to roast his nuts with a blowtorch. Whoever bought my DelSol new was retarded. The car had like 4 optional extras. They took the spoiler but not the AC? The custom floor mats and paint matched rims I can understand but the AC?? Needless to say my car is hot as hell. I rarely take the targa off either because then the sun bakes me alive.

Whenever I tell people I'm having a July/August baby they always have some sort of comment about being pregnant in the summer. I understand why now. It's been like 75-80 here lately and I'm convinced the thermometer is wrong, it MUST really be 100. I'm in a constant sweaty state of grossness over here.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2013 at 3:57pm
^^  I can just see the idiot's conversation with the dealer when discussing options:

Dealer: "And the last option, sir?  You can choose between the rear spoiler, and of course air conditioning which is what I'd suggest since it would be cheaper to add a spoiler later on than and A/C system, and A/C would be more of a necessity than a luxury, especially come summertime."

Buyer: "A/C?? What the hell good is that gonna do for a car with no top?  Hello!  All the cold air will just blow out of the car! LOL some salesman.  A/C for a convertible makes as much sense as putting a screen door on a battleship."

Dealer: "Err .. don't you mean screen door on a submarine, sir?"

Buyer: "Whatever, just gimme the spoiler!"

Later, on a hot rainy July afternoon, stuck in the middle of bumper to bumper traffic ...

Owner: "Son of a bitch .. should've gotten air conditioning."

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk