Print Page | Close Window

Steak-ums (video)

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television / Streaming Ads
Forum Description: You hate them. Tell us why.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15057
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:39pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Steak-ums (video)
Posted By: sgtrock21
Subject: Steak-ums (video)
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 11:17pm
This was OK for a couple of times but after 100 times I grow fatigued.

When I was a kid we had minute steaks. The patty with a pat of butter on one side. I remember likeing them. They were thrown in the frying pan butter down. They seem to have disappeared.

-------------
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous

Replies:
Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 11:52pm
...uh...yea, Sarge - I remember that stuff (Minute Steaks).
Hadn't seen it in a 'Wolf's Age', and maybe that's a good thing. I'd end up doing what I do with scrapple, to this day - pick it up out of temptation, and wisely put it back down....

Having said all of that, I'll add we've not seen the 'Steak-ums' commercial (now I have to find some wood to knock on, for luck).

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: DirtyD79
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 10:37am

Steak-ums are ok if you dummy them up with a bunch of condiments. I still wouldn't recommend serving them at a party or for company though. Sick

-------------
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 5:07pm
ConfusedHas anyone tried to see if the dog or cat will eat a 'steak-umm'? Shouldn't that be the first test (given kids are stupid and will eat anything), or might that be considered cruelty to animals (especially if it is YOUR animal that files the complaint)?

-------------
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: aka ron
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 9:19pm
I would not abuse my animal with a product like this. Me and the ole lady have a joke about this. About the same time the Steak-um commercial comes on, heres come Pawn America with 2 fer tuesdays. So I have to yell, Honey git yer shoes on were goin to get some steakums and some dvds. We are happy we are a slightly higher class of people.

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Before Steak 'Ums even existed, my mother was making what she called "minute steaks".  They were actually cube steaks---kind of a cross between hamburger and steak.  I loved 'em with ketchup.

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Before Steak 'Ums even existed, my mother was making what she called "minute steaks".  They were actually cube steaks---kind of a cross between hamburger and steak.  I loved 'em with ketchup.

Thanks.
With that little piece of information, I believe I better understand you now.
You clearly were in the wrong part of PA; any *real* PA person would have probably used German mustard, or better yet, horseradish!Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 11:15pm

You might be right---if I ever lived in PA.  But I lived in Jersey, where we love our tomatoes.

Posted By: ChrisInMI
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 11:30pm
Subjected to these at least twice a day while watching Judge Judy.  It's not a terrible spot, but definitely begins to irritate after a while.  The product doesn't look particularly appetizing, but then I'm not a big steak fan anyway.

Another one in the same vein is the Eggland's Best spots, where the actors say "It's EB" with the same intonations as they'd say "It's easy."

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 11:43pm

You might be right---if I ever lived in PA.  But I lived in Jersey, where we love our tomatoes.

ConfusedYOU lived in PA, ya lil'brat! You said so, yer bad ol'self, more than once. Claimed to be originally an Irish-Italian Mix 'coal miner's inbred baby', only to be swept off to the land of Clarence Clemmons, as I recall...quit lying.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 12:11am

Nope.  I said my folks were from Pennsylvania---my father from Weedville, my mother from Beaverdale.  They both moved to NJ when they were kids.

But I see where you got the wrong idea.  In one of those threads, I referred to myself as Appalachian white trash.  But that's based on my parents' backgrounds.

And no Irish in me.  I'm Italian-Slovak.

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 12:24am

Nope.  I said my folks were from Pennsylvania---my father from Weedville, my mother from Beaverdale.  They both moved to NJ when they were kids.

But I see where you got the wrong idea.  In one of those threads, I referred to myself as Appalachian white trash.  But that's based on my parents' backgrounds.

And no Irish in me.  I'm Italian-Slovak.

Confused....oh, o.k. then! But were your folks brother and sister? Just curious, doncha know...it happens, sometimes, some places... Wink

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk