Print Page | Close Window

mypillow

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television / Streaming Ads
Forum Description: You hate them. Tell us why.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12731
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 12:43pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: mypillow
Posted By: sgtrock21
Subject: mypillow
Date Posted: 28 May 2012 at 10:15pm
Tried the "searchy thing". Youtube did not have the current commercial. The supposed inventor of the product apppears in the commercial with the pillow grasped in front of him and keeps jerking it up and down. Does this pillow have a special orifice for 49% of our population? Is there another version of this pillow with a special protuberance for 51% of our population?

-------------
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous

Replies:
Posted By: Synesthesia
Date Posted: 28 May 2012 at 10:57pm
They are showing this ad right now.  He sure is affectionate with this pillow.

Also, what a terrible jingle. I could use a better pillow though.

-------------
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog

Posted By: aka ron
Date Posted: 28 May 2012 at 11:09pm
I can't help it. I want my pillow. Anyone who has ever had any trouble sleeping may want to try this pillow. We like it chilly. But the bodys internal engine can make one wake up with a sweaty head.

Posted By: bwestfall
Date Posted: 28 May 2012 at 11:13pm
I think the pillow looks pretty damn lumpy and it isn't made as well as pillows from any department store.

-------------
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman

Posted By: schrutebuck
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 4:28am
looks like a large version of the free pillow you get on airplanes. 

The guy looks like an insecure child with a teddybear the way he clutches at the pillow the whole time. How could they think that was a good idea? Are they trying to reinforce the idea of the "MY" in mypillow by showing how possessive he is of it? 

But the best part is the doctor they got whose expert testimonial is literally just "Normal people need a good night sleep so they can feel well rested."  Thanks for the late-breaking medical news, doc, I'm sure the science community is all abuzz with this information. And I love how he doesn't even say anything about the pillow itself.

Posted By: catnapped
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 5:27pm
I could imagine something to do with "his pillow" but it's a crime in most (if not all) states.

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by schrutebuck schrutebuck wrote:

But the best part is the doctor they got whose expert testimonial is literally just "Normal people need a good night sleep so they can feel well rested."  Thanks for the late-breaking medical news, doc, I'm sure the science community is all abuzz with this information. And I love how he doesn't even say anything about the pillow itself.

That reminded me of a commercial in the 60s or 70s for Trident sugarless gum, in which the announcer stated "4 out of 5 dentists recommend sugarless gum for their patients who chew gum".  Really?  I'd have thought they'd recommend Bazooka.  Even as a kid, I saw the ridiculosity of such a statement.

Posted By: alext
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 2:56am
4 out of 5 dentists could be bought. i'll believe those stats.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 5:23am
Originally posted by alext alext wrote:

4 out of 5 dentists could be bought. i'll believe those stats.

They probably weren't bought.  In fact, they probably weren't even surveyed.  They just made that crap up.

Still, even if there was such a survey, I wonder who that 5th dentist is who thinks gum with sugar is a better idea.  Probably one who needs the business.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 5:26am
I don't mind the idea that the pillow is kinda lumpy.  In fact, I prefer lumpy pillows.

But, there's a pillow out there that supposedly remains cold.  I love cold pillows.  I'd be more likely to buy that one than My Pillow.

Posted By: alext
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 5:46am
nothin better than a cold pillow

Posted By: Ad Endless Nauseum
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I don't mind the idea that the pillow is kinda lumpy.  In fact, I prefer lumpy pillows.

But, there's a pillow out there that supposedly remains cold.  I love cold pillows.  I'd be more likely to buy that one than My Pillow.

It had an oriental sounding name, and was filled with buckwheat husks. It worked, but they were stingy with the quantity of husks. It needed about 2 1/2 times as much stuff inside the pillow; it tended to spread out under the weight of your head until there were two small piles on either side, with the sleeper's head flat on the mattress.

-------------
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.

Posted By: Zach6848
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 10:24pm
An annoying jingle and the most stupid pseudo-medical 'information' that I've seen in a while.
In the thirty-minute version, they talk about how a traditional pillow can cause a loss of blood-flow to the brain. That is COMPLETE bullsh*t. If that were the case, sleep would be a gamble with death, every single time.

You know, I would be more likely to buy this pillow if they didn't insult my intelligence with bullsh*t and aggravate me with a grating jingle. I could use a new pillow, and I like my pillow to stay cold. But their advertising strategy has basically removed me from their demographic. Nice job, guys.

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 8:04pm
"Ring 'em up, Becky!..."
'My Pillow' is back with a vengeance, now that we're closing in on XMAS.

The most recent version of the following commercial had a new 'inventor and owner'

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: aleen
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

"Ring 'em up, Becky!..."
'My Pillow' is back with a vengeance, now that we're closing in on XMAS.

The most recent version of the following commercial had a new 'inventor and owner'

Saaaaaay, I think I want one of these!  Mr. Aleen was laughing at them in the store, but I was quite enthusiastic about trying one out!!!

Of course I am the daughter of a woman who was very enticed by kooky products being hawked in commercials, like the errrrr... "Tap Teaser"

-------------
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 8:22pm
^I have an 'Orgreenic Frying Pan'.
I love it.
Doesn't work so well as a pillow and doesn't tease when used for 'tapping'

-------------
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: EasyChango
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 8:49pm
The new "inventor and owner", ol' Mitch, looks a lot like the PaWolf, doncha think?  Smile

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

Of course I am the daughter of a woman who was very enticed by kooky products being hawked in commercials, like the errrrr... "Tap Teaser"

I could use one of those these days, but it seems the phone number in the commercial is now for a company called Groves Aerospace Consulting that sells airplane parts.  I guess, in a way, both products provide "lift".

Posted By: madwoman
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 9:40pm
^^^^
*snerk*

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 9:46pm

I was going for "grooooaaaan".

Posted By: aleen
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 9:57pm
Tap-tap-tap!!!

-------------
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial

Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 10:18pm
Rip rip rip

Where we heading with this!?

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Posted By: EasyChango
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 10:23pm
.....groaaann  Wacko  LOL

Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 10:31pm
I confused this thread with the Nads thread.

Silly me, I messed up!

So with no further ado I will imitate the sound of airplane starting up put-put-put-p-p-p-ppppppppppppppppppbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Posted By: DarkRealmStar
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 5:45pm
The My Pillow video:  At 1:58 where they introduce the Trained Staff Professionals, doesn't the lady in the foreground look like Margot Kidder?

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by EasyChango EasyChango wrote:

The new "inventor and owner", ol' Mitch, looks a lot like the PaWolf, doncha think?  Smile

Easy there, Big Fella! It just ain't the case - ol'Mitch is kinda bald and fat and I really get the feeling nobody likes him. Now, me? I'm furry all over, got hairs on my head and am convinced the world loves me. 

-------------

Posted By: ThatNerdInPhilly
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 8:38pm
$70-80 bucks and the reviews are not all that great so forget it.
The infomercial is painful to watch - yes I've actually watched the entire thing in a 3am daze I guess. The brunette host, co-host..whatever she is. Her emotional "pillow story" comes off as comical (12min 37sec into the video) Cry - sorry I have a hard time believing any of these goofball ads and the actors that peddle As Seen On TV Junk. 

http://youtu.be/uwyA-xs1y2E?t=12m37s

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk