Print Page | Close Window

"Like us on Facebook" ads

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television / Streaming Ads
Forum Description: You hate them. Tell us why.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11260
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:38am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: "Like us on Facebook" ads
Posted By: Ad nauseous
Subject: "Like us on Facebook" ads
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 10:12pm
I've about had it with these ads telling me I should like them on Facebook.

Shut the **** up already. GO AWAY. I'm NOT liking you on Facebook Capeesh? Angry  

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Replies:
Posted By: Dear
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 11:28pm
I just find it pathetic. No, I won't get a Facebook account. I wouldn't Like you even if I had one. If your product is great, people will know about it without you having to hand out incentives to Like your company.
I don't get what they gain from doing this, or is this just a popularity contest? I've seen "Like us on Facebook" ads from paper towels to pasta sauce. It never ends. Do they really need to have the most fans on Facebook to feel their product is superior? Stop wasting everyone's time and focus on improving what you already have.

-------------
Please, stop saying "Awesome" in commercials! Your actors are not awe-inspiring and neither is your product.

Posted By: calzonesays
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Dear Dear wrote:

I just find it pathetic. No, I won't get a Facebook account. I wouldn't Like you even if I had one. If your product is great, people will know about it without you having to hand out incentives to Like your company.
I don't get what they gain from doing this, or is this just a popularity contest? I've seen "Like us on Facebook" ads from paper towels to pasta sauce. It never ends. Do they really need to have the most fans on Facebook to feel their product is superior? Stop wasting everyone's time and focus on improving what you already have.

Agree 100%.  I think Facebook is the biggest waste of time for narcissistic people to keep up with their "500 friends" (20 or so they actually talk to regularly).  I like how companies always try to include Twitter and Facebook in all of their advertisements. 

Who the hell is a "Twitter" and why did it randomly get included in everything.  And why should a bunch of random people care if you are eating dinner or watching TV?  All this social media and reality TV nonsense is just a bunch of distractions to keep all the sheeple/the masses occupied and distracted away from the real problems in the country (corrupt suits and ties on wall street, evil banks/corporations/etc)

so they just want you to "Like" their company on Facebook.  Now Facebook has gotten to the point where it isn't even cool or trendy anymore (I don't think it was cool to begin with) because companies are using it as another way to advertise and alter the way you think.

Posted By: tarheelmed02
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 12:43am
add in the phrase, find us on twitter, watch us on youtube makes me wanna throw my tv out the window.  I'm on FB like most others but only to bust my chops over lame posts but yea I can't stand them trying to make us "like" them

Posted By: purrpickle
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 12:53am
I agree completely with what everyone has said. Everytime I hear the 'Like us on Facebook! C'mon, like us on Facebook! We NEED you to like us on Facebook so we know or product is relevant! *sob, whine* LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!', it just disgusts me.

NO! I WON'T like you on Facebook!

-------------
Your friendly neighborhood pickle thief with the heart of a kitten. :}

Posted By: tvpirate05
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 5:43am
I think I've mentioned before how much I hate when commercials try to mention Facebook in scripted casual conversations. It instead sounds forced, as if the writers are trying their best to sound hip and with it.

I'm reminded of the one commercial where the daughter is annoyed about something and her mom constantly asks "You wanna Tweet about it?" No, just stop!

-------------
The poster formerly known as producer757

Posted By: Dreamstalker
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 3:29pm
I once did a product survey (I think it was for paper towels) where some of the choices under "this would influence me to buy the product" were:

People posting funny videos featuring the product
Facebook or Twitter status updates mentioning the product

Seriously?  Videos?

Posted By: musicman
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 5:22pm
This may seem like a small thing, but I would be a bit less annoyed if they said,
You can Like us on Facebook. 
In that way saying, you have the option to do that if it's something you want to do.
Rather than commanding me to do it.

Posted By: orion70
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 5:30pm
One of the things that bugs me about this is that it is often times the only way to enter contests or even view more information.  By "liking" something on FB you often get one of those messages warning you that there is some third-party access to your profile or something.  And while I don't post anything on FB that I think I need to worry about, no thanks to that.  My Mom is constantly inundated with spam and email offers that I suspect stem from FB stuff like applications or what not.  

Posted By: Morons on the loose
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by calzonesays calzonesays wrote:

Agree 100%.  I think Facebook is the biggest waste of time for narcissistic people to keep up with their "500 friends" (20 or so they actually talk to regularly).  I like how companies always try to include Twitter and Facebook in all of their advertisements. 

Who the hell is a "Twitter" and why did it randomly get included in everything.  And why should a bunch of random people care if you are eating dinner or watching TV?  All this social media and reality TV nonsense is just a bunch of distractions to keep all the sheeple/the masses occupied and distracted away from the real problems in the country (corrupt suits and ties on wall street, evil banks/corporations/etc)

so they just want you to "Like" their company on Facebook.  Now Facebook has gotten to the point where it isn't even cool or trendy anymore (I don't think it was cool to begin with) because companies are using it as another way to advertise and alter the way you think.

This is the best response possible. Could not have said it better myself if I tried! This country has become whacked out on stupidity.

Posted By: SweaterRock
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 10:14pm
It is different.  I don't even think companies mention their websites anymore.  I wonder if they even have websites anymore.

Posted By: Lelly
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 12:33am
Facebook Facebook Twitter Tweeting Like Us Follow Us Dig Us BLAH BLAH BLAH I can't Censored stand it!!! AngryAngryAngry

LEAVE US ALONE!!!

Not all of use want to use such these idiotic, time-consuming social media (barf, I hate that term) websites!!! I hate hearing about social media all the damn time. It's shoved down our throats non-stop!! Dead Come on, people, when your favorite little hipster/narcissist website is in MASHED POTATO, PAPER TOWEL, FEMININE WIPE, AND ORANGE JUICE ads, of all things... IT'S NOT HIP ANYMORE!! (was it ever???) Big smile

That felt good. Rant over. LOL

-------------
"OBJECTION!"

Posted By: Tiz
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 8:56pm
The Weather Channel recently started this Social crap where mindless drones tweet to mindless questions.

Posted By: tarheelmed02
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 9:10pm
^^OMG that is sickening, ppl are soo narcissistic to think others give a rat's ass about anything your thinking let alone the f'n weather.  Weather conversations are the most inane, boring, pointless ever.

Posted By: musicman
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 3:00am
I have a FB page.  I don't post on it hardly at all.  I do use it to say hi to old friends once in a while.
I find it to be less intrusive than a phone call.  If we really get into a good conversation I'll say let me give you a call, then we finish on the phone.

Posted By: Christine
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 3:08am
The Weather Channel is one of the worst. They feature "live Tweets" or whatever during the broadcast.

"Tell us what YOU'RE doing with all this snow, at hashtag 'SNOW'. Joe Schmo says 'I ran out of milk and bread, I'm effin' DOOMED!!!' Well hang in there Joe!"

Also not on FB, not at all interested. It is definitely horrendous how social media has infiltrated our lives. Even when I read job postings, they ask for experience with social media. They should hire the 99% of my former co-workers who were on FB pretty much all day. Disapprove

Posted By: Morons on the loose
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 7:36am
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

The Weather Channel is one of the worst. They feature "live Tweets" or whatever during the broadcast.

"Tell us what YOU'RE doing with all this snow, at hashtag 'SNOW'. Joe Schmo says 'I ran out of milk and bread, I'm effin' DOOMED!!!' Well hang in there Joe!"

You hit the nail on the head Christine!

I live in the northeast so speaking from experience I can state the majority of the public have lost their F’ing minds when it comes to snow!

I’ve been on this rant for 15 years now and each year it seems to get worse:

1.)    Moron weatherman or weatherwoman predicts snow while over-exaggerating how bad it will be. Will go on to scare people to “tune in at 11:00”.

2.)    Mindless public gets in a panic and run to grocery stores to “stock up on milk & bread”. Mind you the bread isle looks as if savages have completely raided it (bags on the floor & bags ripped open).

Now my main problem is these morons have lived in the northeast the all their lives but they actually fall for this EVERY single time snow is forecast. I honestly can’t recall when anybody has been ‘trapped’ in their house for days on end (let alone one hour) to justify all this “stocking up”.  The streets are well plowed and every other car is a SUV. I get some people don’t want to drive when it’s actually snowing but the storms seldom last over 10 hours! What is the frigin emergency that makes these people turn into frantic savages that must obtain milk & bread???? I just don’t get it. Are we really this stupid as a population????

This is not evening mentioning how much every Tom, Dick and Harry talk about the upcoming ‘bad weather’; tell you the forecast about 20 times, what they intend to do before/during/after the storm and what you should be doing to prepare for the storm. Now tell me this is not annoying after the 2nd of 20+ snowstorms the northeast will experience each winter.

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Morons on the loose Morons on the loose wrote:

Now my main problem is these morons have lived in the northeast the all their lives but they actually fall for this EVERY single time snow is forecast. I honestly can’t recall when anybody has been ‘trapped’ in their house for days on end (let alone one hour) to justify all this “stocking up”.  The streets are well plowed and every other car is a SUV. I get some people don’t want to drive when it’s actually snowing but the storms seldom last over 10 hours! What is the frigin emergency that makes these people turn into frantic savages that must obtain milk & bread???? I just don’t get it. Are we really this stupid as a population????

My bro and sis-in-law in Jersey laugh about that all the time.  At the same time, they're annoyed.  They'll go to do their usual shopping, and the Acme will be packed with the panic-stricken, pushing carts filled sky-high.

Maybe it's instinctual.  I think cavemen used to do something similar in preparation for winter.  LOL

Posted By: insanity213
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 3:35pm
The Weather Channel sucks these days.  They used to actually cover the weather and forecasts, but now half the day is spent airing shows that are more suited for Nat Geo or the Discovery Channel. Even when they do decide to do weather, all they do is talk about one or 2 regions and shove their social media crap down your throat.  "You'll love it when you like us on Facebook!"  and "How's UR weather?" is getting ridiculously old (and yes they actually do misspell 'your' to presumably look social media savvy).

Posted By: Tiz
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

My bro and sis-in-law in Jersey laugh about that all the time.  At the same time, they're annoyed.  They'll go to do their usual shopping, and the Acme will be packed with the panic-stricken, pushing carts filled sky-high.

Maybe it's instinctual.  I think cavemen used to do something similar in preparation for winter.  LOL

If the "S" word is mentioned on the news, the next day you can count on all the old folks snow coning their shopping carts. Never understood the milk thing, how do they drink all that milk?
I guess if power goes, they can sink the milk jugs in the snow so it won't spoil.Confused 
Back On Topic:
I imagine this could be fun if TWC didn't censor the replies.
Tiz in Virginia tweets: WTF is with all this snow!

Posted By: calzonesays
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

If the "S" word is mentioned on the news, the next day you can count on all the old folks snow coning their shopping carts. Never understood the milk thing, how do they drink all that milk?
I guess if power goes, they can sink the milk jugs in the snow so it won't spoil.Confused 
Back On Topic:
I imagine this could be fun if TWC didn't censor the replies.
Tiz in Virginia tweets: WTF is with all this snow!

I think while I was watching the youtube video I got the wrong type of milk jugs idea stuck in my head.   We must be talking about different jugs.

Posted By: Dr. Dan
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 4:58am
Originally posted by orion70 orion70 wrote:

One of the things that bugs me about this is that it is often times the only way to enter contests or even view more information....
I second that! I do not want to be forced to use Facebook just to get some stupid coupons or enter a contest! I think Windex has FB-only coupons (hint: buy the store-brand instead). KMTV Channel 3 (cable/sat channel 5) in Omaha does that "log on our Facebook page to enter" crap.

What's in it for the companies, anyway? Having social-media sites as an option is one thing, but... I've wondered if Facebook gives kickbacks to companies for each customer who Likes said company.*

People have a right to use FB or whatever if they want to, the above is something else. Zac Markenburg...no wait a minute, Mark Zachenberry... whatever his name is... those folks who run Facebook have done what Nikita Khruschev failed to do: control 3/4 of the adult population. Even some seniors are trying it.

I find it amusing that social media could be referred to by the abbreviation "SM."

*Disclaimer: I am not aware of any criminal activity on Facebook's part. They must be presumed not guilty. Damn.

Posted By: sgtrock21
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 8:45pm
Don't ever believe them. Facebook is not secure. Think about it. If you post something your friends have access. It is now on their page so their friends have access now their friends have access..........

Posted By: Vindicated
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 8:52pm
Well I got off the FB bandwagon a time ago and I've already spent enough time speaking out against it. I won't rehash what most people already know or should know by now. But these "Like Us" are a sign that FB has gone over the hill. It seems that the people now pushing Facebook are advertisers trying to use it to sell to people.  

Posted By: Pervis
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 5:07am
There are a couple of blogs which I follow that have started doing this cruddy B.S. and it really turns me off.  I almost want to stop reading them just because of this.  They'll post something like a contest and say something like respond by posting on Facebook or Twitter.

F**k You!!!!

I'm already following your site and so now you want me to sign up for other stuff for absolutely no real reason?  Watching the news networks it is also all over the place.  Couldn't I just send an email to you?  Twitter and Facebook are for people with ADD.

Posted By: NJtoTX
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 3:36pm
Has anyone pressed the Facebook "Like" button at the bottom of this thread ;)

I hate when only have the choice to sign in using Facebook in order to comment on a web site, even in places where I used to be able to sign in with a user name.

I do use Facebook, but I use https with it, have a limited number of friends, only allow access to 3 apps, don't let people tag me without permission, etc. But it's a game of Whac-A-Mole trying to stay ahead of their privacy affronts.

An example, I only allowed certain posts to go out to certain lists. Well they've since grandfathered the lists so they are there, but no longer accessible or editable.

Posted By: PrincessMorbucks
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 4:28pm
I actually have a Facebook, but never use it now except to change my profile picture periodically.

Posted By: d4everman
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Morons on the loose Morons on the loose wrote:

Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

You hit the nail on the head Christine!

I live in the northeast so speaking from experience I can state the majority of the public have lost their F’ing minds when it comes to snow!

I’ve been on this rant for 15 years now and each year it seems to get worse:

1.)    Moron weatherman or weatherwoman predicts snow while over-exaggerating how bad it will be. Will go on to scare people to “tune in at 11:00”.

2.)    Mindless public gets in a panic and run to grocery stores to “stock up on milk & bread”. Mind you the bread isle looks as if savages have completely raided it (bags on the floor & bags ripped open).

This is not evening mentioning how much every Tom, Dick and Harry talk about the upcoming ‘bad weather’; tell you the forecast about 20 times, what they intend to do before/during/after the storm and what you should be doing to prepare for the storm. Now tell me this is not annoying after the 2nd of 20+ snowstorms the northeast will experience each winter.

Hahaha....thats something that has bugged me for years. Remember the blizzard that hit DC in the mid 90's? I was working at the Pentagon then, and lived in the barracks on Ft. Myer. Now, this blizzard heading to DC was no secret, my boss had even gone as far as to tell us we'd not be working the next day due to the snow. Figuring that, I went to the commisary after work to get bread, lunchmeat, a few cans of soup etc. Because if the post was locked down the mess hall (which was run by civilian contractors who wouldnt be bothered to try and come to work and you know, feed us) would be closed.

It was back to back retirees and panicked spouses. No joke, I got the LAST loaf of bread left. I saw a guy carring a dufflebag full of stuff down the street from the store. On the news they hyped it up with those godawful "average Joe shopping for the storm" segments. There was a guy buying 6 snow shovels. SIX. He said he didn't want to be unprepared. I guess in his world snow shovels disintergrate after one use.

Its even like that here in NC, where it hardly snows at all. One or 2 flakes and they will close Ft. Bragg. Though I can understand that....people around here cannot drive in the snow. Last year when it snowed about 2 inches I saw (again, no joke) about 3 accidents on the highway on my way back from formation to my house...which is about 4 miles. (amazingly our retarded 1SG had everyone come in for PT formation even though it was a foregone conclusion that the post would be closed within an hour. Yeah, we came in stood there in the snow to fall in and then had to go home because they announced closing the post due to snow.....)

-------------
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Posted By: Adznem
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 6:45pm
Facebook is practically the Evil Smile. I refuse to sign up for it. Being a practical Communist conspiracy. It seems to have ruined lots of peoples' lives with all the Schlitz they print on there. The business pages may not be as bad, But the personal ones are a world-class nightmare.Shocked

Posted By: Snesgamer
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 7:27am
I can understand something like a TV show that someone might conceivably talk about with their friends suggesting that you like them on facebook, but come on - toilet paper and other products?Ermm

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk