Print Page | Close Window

Bucky Larson: Born To Be a Star: constant yelling

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Commercials You Hate!
Forum Name: Television / Streaming Ads
Forum Description: You hate them. Tell us why.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10937
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 2:42pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Bucky Larson: Born To Be a Star: constant yelling
Posted By: Ad nauseous
Subject: Bucky Larson: Born To Be a Star: constant yelling
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 8:37pm
I've about had it with these loud promos featuring the dunderhead who plays Bucky Larson yelling at me to see this crappy movie. SHUT THE Censored UP!

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off

Replies:
Posted By: insanity213
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 9:19pm
I can't wait until the movie comes out.  Not because I want to see it (I'd rather gouge out my eyeballs), but because they'll eventually stop airing these ludicrous commercials for it.

Posted By: KrissyBean
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 10:43pm
Oh MAN! I was waiting for someone to post on this commercial. I was too lazy to do it myself. :) When is Adam Sandler going to grow the Censored up and stop producing these horrendous, unfunny movies? I am from New Hampshire, where he is from and we really don't have a whole lot of famous folks from here.... so he needs to cut the sh*t and do something that is worth remembering. lol. Happy Gilmore??? Hilarious movie... that was 20 years ago though.... I would have thought that his sense of humor may have matured or something... guess not. Apparently a movie about some obnoxious guy yelling with a lazy eye and buck teeth is supposed to be funny. I already had an overdose of that in The Water Boy.... I can't take anymore!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nuke

-------------
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.

Posted By: Triple J
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 11:16pm

The guy in the hoodie is Peter Dante, and he appears in a bunch of Sandler's movies. I had never before heard of this gentleman, due to my disinterest in the majority of Sandler's films. Now, after about a month of being exposed to these promos... Forget the movie, that's a whole another can of worms. This guy... I mean... there's just so many questions. For example:

Why is he in movies? Why does he have a job? Why does he make more money than me? Why does he have to yell? Why is he so happy? Why did somebody think this promotional campaign was a good idea? Why can't I find the remote control fast enough to change the channel or hit the mute button? Why can't I block his face from my television, like a parental block or a filter or something? Why can't I kill him and get away with it? Why...

Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 11:16pm
Yea...saw one ad for this bit of "humor".
Guess there is something for everyone - and I do not know anyone waiting for this - but they're out there...

-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike

Posted By: tarheelmed02
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 12:40am
OMG, i was just about to post this.  The f'n guy who's in front of the trailer, are you serious.  Even movie previews have to be shock and awe.  WTF.  That's guys weird accent is annoying as all get out. 

Totally agree with Krissy Bean, I am a product of the 90s remember Sandler on SNL (was mildly amusing) then the string of movies (Gilmore, Madsion, Waterboy), and he was like 40 and old then and now total bum with his ratty T shirt/sweat pants, glasses wearing tard and dude's super loaded.  Get a stylist and a mirror dude.  He is not funny at all and his production company's makes the most asinine sh*t movies ever.  

Posted By: Matt
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 3:04am
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I can't wait until the movie comes out.  Not because I want to see it (I'd rather gouge out my eyeballs), but because they'll eventually stop airing these ludicrous commercials for it.

Quoted for truth awesomeness.  All of these commercials suck and certainly don't make me want to go see the movie...

Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 4:01am
That guy up there on the left---what the hell kinda accent is that supposed to be?

Posted By: MrTim
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 4:02am
I know an old guy named Bucky (no relation to the one in the movie), and he has a saying that would be appropriate to this movie and ad:

"Just because someone offers you a glass of yellow water doesn't mean it's lemonade"

Like Bucky, I'll let you make of it what you will....  Big smile

-------------
http://mrtim1k.blogspot.com/ - WKRP closing theme lyrics HERE!

Posted By: 70s80s
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 4:47am
Wheee.  Bring on the fart and anatomy jokes.  Hollywood is too dumb to think of anything actually FUNNY! Angry

-------------
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"

Posted By: robodog
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 4:19pm
The movie itself looks like an exercise in stupidity. The more they air these stupid ads the more determined I am to NEVER watch this POS. I'd rather stare at a wall for two hours.

Posted By: ironwolf56
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 8:19pm
Ahh yes Peter Dante.  One of the most annoying voices and he always plays the same idiot stoner characters in every movie he's in.

Posted By: sjchevalier07
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 10:00pm
This is annoying and I have no interest in seeing this movie partly because of the stupid commercial. This movie is going to suck out loud.

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 8:02pm
I see the movie got a 0 rating in rottentomatoes.com.  That means that, of all the reviews, not one of them was positive.  Supposedly, this is almost unheard of.

Posted By: insanity213
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I see the movie got a 0 rating in rottentomatoes.com.  That means that, of all the reviews, not one of them was positive.  Supposedly, this is almost unheard of.

It made a measly $1.45 million over the weekend LOL   I think that speaks volumes of just how dumb the movie looked in the eyes of the public .. not many people even bothered giving it a chance.  Somehow I get the feeling these stupid ass ads trying to promote the movie surely didn't help matters.

Posted By: MrCleveland
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by KrissyBean KrissyBean wrote:

Oh MAN! I was waiting for someone to post on this commercial. I was too lazy to do it myself. :) When is Adam Sandler going to grow the Censored up and stop producing these horrendous, unfunny movies? I am from New Hampshire, where he is from and we really don't have a whole lot of famous folks from here.... so he needs to cut the sh*t and do something that is worth remembering. lol. Happy Gilmore??? Hilarious movie... that was 20 years ago though.... I would have thought that his sense of humor may have matured or something... guess not. Apparently a movie about some obnoxious guy yelling with a lazy eye and buck teeth is supposed to be funny. I already had an overdose of that in The Water Boy.... I can't take anymore!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nuke

I know...

I liked Adam Sandler's work on "Billy Madison" and "Happy Gilmore" and his album "What the Hell Happened to Me". And here's what the hell happened to Adam Sandler...

...he HAD to make "Eight Crazy Nights" which shows how he's annoying and sh*t.

This is something Adam Sandler would basically say...

"Well, whoop-dee-doo and la-dee-da! I Don't Care, 'Cause I'M ADAM SANDLER, BITCH"!

And "Bucky Larson" is sure to win some Razzies! (Even "Joe Dirt" was more entertaining)!

-------------
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)

Posted By: Christine
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 2:20am
Unfortunately, the fact that it's one of the "worst" out there makes certain people want to go see it, either b/c the critics are probably wrong and don't "get it," or they think it's cool to do what other people think is really stupid ("Jackass" movies come to mind.)

$1.45 million = about 145,000 people have seen it. Sounds like a lot to me, but by Hollywood standards, guess it is measly.

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

Unfortunately, the fact that it's one of the "worst" out there makes certain people want to go see it, either b/c the critics are probably wrong and don't "get it," or they think it's cool to do what other people think is really stupid ("Jackass" movies come to mind.)

Yeah.  And sometimes, movies that get bad reviews initially, become classics.  I'll bet Night of the Living Dead got more than its share of bad reviews when it came out in the 60s, and now it's considered groundbreaking and important.

Then again, there's GigliLOL

Posted By: DirtyD79
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 2:30am
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

Another reason may be that some people need to see just how bad it really is. It's like a bad car accident on the freeway. You gotta look and see if it's as bad as you thought it was. Then you can drive off secure in the knowledge it was as bad as you thought it was. Ragweed's rockin' on the radio. Free and easy down the road I go.LOL

Back on topic, If you've seen one movie starring or made by Adam Sandler you've seen them all. He's a one note act.

-------------
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk