Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Priceline.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricTHoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Priceline.com
    Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 10:51pm

Is it me or are women in most commercials designed to be annoying? Not trying to be sexist or anything...
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:32am
I'm a woman and I find a lot of the women on commercials annoying.  I especially hate the voiceover chicks with the vocal fry, and the ones with the perky shopping girl voice (like Macy's) and the newborn's mom voice (like the Pampers) when they try to sound soft and sweet.

So, they're not paying Kaley Cuoco enough big bucks to star on The Big Bang Theory, she has to do stupid commercials?!?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:49am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I'm a woman and I find a lot of the women on commercials annoying.  I especially hate the voiceover chicks with the vocal fry, and the ones with the perky shopping girl voice (like Macy's) and the newborn's mom voice (like the Pampers) when they try to sound soft and sweet.

So, they're not paying Kaley Cuoco enough big bucks to star on The Big Bang Theory, she has to do stupid commercials?!?

Amen, girruh-fren!!!!

So glad some women understand that.

And I don't even blame the annoying women for being annoying. I blame the people who create and produce the damned commercials to begin with.

For some reason, the adholes who write, cast, direct and produce this crap seem to go out of their way to purposely portray women in such an annoying fashion.

Conversely, they seem to go out of their way to portray men a bumbling, dunderheaded, but likeable dumbbells.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 2:18am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Amen, girruh-fren!!!!

So glad some women understand that.

And I don't even blame the annoying women for being annoying. I blame the people who create and produce the damned commercials to begin with.

For some reason, the adholes who write, cast, direct and produce this crap seem to go out of their way to purposely portray women in such an annoying fashion.

Conversely, they seem to go out of their way to portray men a bumbling, dunderheaded, but likeable dumbbells.
What I wonder is, do the adholes realize they are portraying women as annoying or is that what they believe we all should aspire to?  Confused

Yeah, the stupid guy shtick has been overplayed to death and back again.  Dead  The only smart guys on TV now are Paul who switched from Verizon to Sprint and Verizon's Middleditch Drop the Mic jerk who are so smart they show up everywhere to guide us to the proper cell phone service.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 4:05pm

Why did I think she was Shatner's real daughter? Confused

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 4:17pm
That ad was banned?????

Gee, I wonder why....
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 5:41pm

That ad was banned?????

Gee, I wonder why....
LOL
Do I hear some sarcasm?

Longer alternate version of Priceline ad that was not broadcast due to disturbing scene (later revealed as a dream) of a guy falling to his death and hitting the pavement. The shorter approved broadcast version had him falling into a swimming pool. Enjoy.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 6:15pm
I wonder if, how and why they thought they could get away with that.

Baffling.

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 7:38pm
Something smells fishy! I don't think that's an actual commercial it looks spliced together. The lighting doesn't match. It's night in the rest of the commercial yet it's day in the landing scene. Also the music they used has been used before in many other videos. It looks slapped together. Sorry to break your bubble but I think it's faked. Internet's full of fake videos and I believe this is one of them. I believe the landing shot was from a movie scene spliced in the commercial.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 3:14am
I had no idea how the bleach blonde actress was until I read her name here, Kelly Cuoco. 
Now I'll know to avoid anything she's in if I see her name in the credits.
One man gathers what another man spills
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 4:46am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

I had no idea how the bleach blonde actress was until I read her name here, Kelly Cuoco. 
OK, but avoid anything Kaley Cuoco is in, not Kelly.  Wink
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 12:47pm

How is that pronounced?  Cuckoo?

Katya View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 10:46pm
I agree about women in commercials being incredibly annoying. I particularly detest commercials with women screaming or squealing in high pitched tones, for example when they see each other or are out having cocktails or shopping. Yes, there are are stupid women who feel the need to screech at each other but must they be portrayed in commercials? If your product elicits anger and/or annoyance that's not a good strategy.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 10:49pm
Welcome, Katya!!!

C'mon, man!
Katya View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 10:58pm
Thank you! Big smile
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 12:37am
Originally posted by Katya Katya wrote:

I agree about women in commercials being incredibly annoying. I particularly detest commercials with women screaming or squealing in high pitched tones, for example when they see each other or are out having cocktails or shopping. Yes, there are are stupid women who feel the need to screech at each other but must they be portrayed in commercials? If your product elicits anger and/or annoyance that's not a good strategy.
Welcome Katya!  You seem like a cool chick.  Big smile
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 12:38am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

How is that pronounced?  Cuckoo?

Well, it's pronounced Kwo-co, both long o's.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 12:56am

And we can never have too many cool chicks around here!!!

C'mon, man!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 2:28am

OK, but avoid anything Kaley Cuoco is in, not Kelly.  Wink

Thanks DarkRealmStar! 
Kaley is rather shagable, but these adverts are annoying.
One man gathers what another man spills
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 2:07pm

She's from some sitcom, I think. How I Met Your Mother, or Big Bang Theory, or maybe that Charlie Sheen one(2 and a Half Men I think was the name)?
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 2:24pm
Big Bang Theory.

C'mon, man!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 7:15pm
I love me some Kaley, but these ads are really dumb. "Hell-OOO???" Confused

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:11pm

Big Bang Theory.

Ahh, so I was right. I knew she was in one of the bigger/more popular modern sitcoms that I didn't watch, just wasn't sure exactly which one.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Katya View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:56pm

Thank you! Big smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Big Bang Theory.
Ahh, so I was right. I knew she was in one of the bigger/more popular modern sitcoms that I didn't watch, just wasn't sure exactly which one.

She was the hottie neighbor from across the hall who was way too hot for any of those supposed "nerds" to ever have a chance with irl, but ended up being the girlfriend of one (or more) of them anyway.

One of those "only on TV" things.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic