Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pet Pictures Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 38>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 11:29pm
^and cool eyes.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Sponsored Links

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Nice colors Angry.
Thank you Tiz!!! Clap
She is a rather pretty kitty!!! Big%20smile

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 6:32pm
So many pretty kitties! I can't wait until we're settled in at the house so we can adpot. While I was sick over the weekend I watched hours of Cats 101 on Animal Planet while napping. When my husband came home he watched it too and every time they showed a new breed he's mention wanting one of those, like a little kid. I think we both agreed on his idea that we should get a Russian blue....named Demitri

I checked pet finder and there's plenty of beautiful cats in local shelters, including Russian blues. It's going to make it hard to pick.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 8:28pm

I watched a bit of that...caught the segment on the Manx Coon (the one with almost no tail).  My neighbor has one.  Very cool cat.

But breeds and beauty don't matter to me.  When I got my three sibling cats (I had agreed to take them months earlier), I hadn't met them, hadn't seen pictures of them, and didn't even know what color they were.  The previous owner just dropped them off with me, and there they were---3 black + white 7-month olds.  They needed a home, and that was that.

I made the mistake of looking at the cats at PetSmart a while back.  There was one that was kinda fat and sad-looking.  The card said that it was 4 years-old, its owner had died, and that one other attempt to adopt it out had failed.  The card actually said it was "depressed".  But the card said it didn't recommend a home with other animals---otherwise I would've taken it.

Next time I checked, the cat found a home and all was well.  Anyway, a good sob story trumps anything else, for me.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 6:51am
AWWW a "depressed" cat? I'd be spoiling the sh*t out of it.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 7:07am
Jimbo, that video was wonderful!  Angry, your cats are beautiful (Baby looks like my TJ).  Holly, those kittens are just too adorable for words.  Nom nom nom.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

AWWW a "depressed" cat? I'd be spoiling the sh*t out of it.

The thing about cats is that they never appreciate it (being spoiled).  They simply come to expect it.  Hence, that's why they call it "spoiled", I guess.

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 2:09pm

Patches on my bed, using my leg as a pillow. :-)

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 9:56pm
Sister just shot me an email w/pics of a "kitten" that recently showed up at their porch. Like me, she(and family)have always been dog people and this is the first cat. They have already taken it for shots so I assume they've made "arrangements" with their black lab dog. Daughter has named it Meeko, after a raccoon character. Meeko's tail does look like a coon's.

She's pretty.Tongue
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 3:57am

Congrats to your sis on the new addition, Tiz.  Just in time to bring it in from the blizzard.  I love that color gray on cats.  Let us know how it goes with the Lab.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 4:16am
Speaking of Black Labs, my good friend Charlie called last night and told me that his Black Lab/Dalmation mix, Clyde, was hit and killed by a train down the hill from them the night before last.  The dog had run off earlier in the day, and he had gone looking for him.  The next AM, a woman called and said that she found him dead next to the tracks.  He was pretty mangled and bloody.  She had to clean the blood from his collar/tags to see his name and phone #.  It was really nice of her to do that, and I'm sure it was difficult to have to make that call.

Anyway, they decided to make Clyde's "brother" Chevy, a Black Lab, more of an indoor dog.  Chevy, however, seems to be missing Clyde.  Probably wondering where he is.  Charlie's expecting him to become depressed, and that's one of the reasons he and his wife brought him indoors and are treating him like a king.

Here's Clyde and Chevy.  Clyde's the one on the left.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 4:30am
Coincidentally, the day that Clyde ran off, I saved a dog from possibly being killed.  It was a small terrier running about on a fairly busy 45mph road near me.  I, and another guy who had stopped, were able to corral and trap it under his truck.  I reached under and pulled him out.  The damned thing was scared and kept biting my hand (drawing blood) as I was pulling him out.  He was fine, though, as soon as I held him.  Luckily, he had a tag with his owner's phone #.  She came from work within a half-hour, and was quite tearful, but grateful that we had helped. 

While this whole thing was going on, other cars were stopping to see what they could do.  Others stopped and blocked the lanes just to prevent other drivers who didn't know what was going on, from continuing full speed ahead.  It was a tiny dog, which is especially hard to see if one's driving a pickup.  I'd hate to have seen something bad happen.

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 4:57am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Coincidentally, the day that Clyde ran off, I saved a dog from possibly being killed.  It was a small terrier running about on a fairly busy 45mph road near me.  I, and another guy who had stopped, were able to corral and trap it under his truck.  I reached under and pulled him out.  The damned thing was scared and kept biting my hand (drawing blood) as I was pulling him out.  He was fine, though, as soon as I held him.  Luckily, he had a tag with his owner's phone #.  She came from work within a half-hour, and was quite tearful, but grateful that we had helped. 

While this whole thing was going on, other cars were stopping to see what they could do.  Others stopped and blocked the lanes just to prevent other drivers who didn't know what was going on, from continuing full speed ahead.  It was a tiny dog, which is especially hard to see if one's driving a pickup.  I'd hate to have seen something bad happen.

Thor, despite your Libertarian/Conservative voting record, I know there is a seat for you in Heaven. Wink
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 5:09am

Actually, Faith, that should be "in addition to and partially because of your Libertarian/Conservative voting record, I know there is a seat for you in Heaven."  WinkLOL

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 1:27pm
Thor, that is so awful! I'm sorry for your friends loss, poor darling doggie!Cry
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 2:30pm
Thanks, Big Momma.  Yeah.  Poor guy.  I feel sorry for Chevy, Clyde's "bro", who doesn't know what happened to his partner.  They were always at each other's side.  I was thinking maybe Charlie should've shown the body to him before he got rid of it.  I don't know if dogs "get" death.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 2:52pm
I think they do Thor, I think animals in general do. Years ago when my Brittany spaniel, Louie, died, his best friend Grisabella the cat, went into full scale mourning, she stayed on the spot where he was buried and howled, I had pry her off to bring her in at night. It was so heartbreaking and there was nothing I could do.Cry
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 3:14pm
Wow.  Sad.

I think Charlie should've let Chevy see the body, and then buried it on his property somewhere.  Instead, he took him to a rocky cliff in the woods near where he lives and tossed him off.  He said that, at least, he'll provide food to the wildlife.  He did, however, let Chevy smell his bro's blood in the bed of his truck.  I'm not quite sure what that was supposed to accomplish. 

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 3:26pm
CryCryCryCry Poor all of them! I agree with you!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 8:57pm

Congrats to your sis on the new addition, Tiz.  Just in time to bring it in from the blizzard.  I love that color gray on cats.  Let us know how it goes with the Lab.

I'm pretty sure they talked it over before giving it a home with a dog in the house. The lab, Eeyore(sp.?) is an inside dog. My bro & wife are the cat experts. 2 dogs, one a yellow lab-mix and a small Lassie dog along with 5-6 cats. One being  three-legged named Tripod.LOL
All of them get along together although the lab barks at you if you're wearing a ball cap.
No kiddin'. Every time I go there, he barks til I take my cap off.Confused 
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 9:07pm

I think Charlie should've let Chevy see the body, and then buried it on his property somewhere.  Instead, he took him to a rocky cliff in the woods near where he lives and tossed him off.  He said that, at least, he'll provide food to the wildlife.  He did, however, let Chevy smell his bro's blood in the bed of his truck.  I'm not quite sure what that was supposed to accomplish. 

Chevy might have sniffed and then dug Clyde up, probably better what he did. Why would a dog(and labs are pretty smart) be hanging around railroad tracks? Sniffing 'roadkill'?
Just seems the noise of an oncoming train would scare a dog away from the tracks. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 10:40pm

I'm pretty sure they talked it over before giving it a home with a dog in the house. The lab, Eeyore(sp.?) is an inside dog. My bro & wife are the cat experts. 2 dogs, one a yellow lab-mix and a small Lassie dog along with 5-6 cats. One being  three-legged named Tripod.LOL
All of them get along together although the lab barks at you if you're wearing a ball cap.
No kiddin'. Every time I go there, he barks til I take my cap off.Confused 

Wow.  What a menagerie.

I knew a dog who didn't like people wearing sunglasses.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 10:43pm

Why would a dog(and labs are pretty smart) be hanging around railroad tracks? Sniffing 'roadkill'?
Just seems the noise of an oncoming train would scare a dog away from the tracks. 

Yeah, no one knows (or ever will know) how it happened.  My only guess is that he was on the other side of the tracks and got scared, and tried to tear ass home in front of the train. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 11:19pm
here's "tonight's pet"...named it 'Dinner'.
'Triplets', doncha know, cancha tell - they're all being 'digested', now...
 meat%20food,%20barbecue%20fork%20rib%20photo
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 3:10pm

Our newest kitty cat, Patches, curled up asleep on my bed.
Photograph taken at 11:44am PST 12-27-09.
She's trying out the new comfort blanket (or whatever the F you call those things) that I got for Christmas. Big%20smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 38>
  Share Topic