Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Papa John visits a cooking show!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesertX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Papa John visits a cooking show!
    Posted: 08 May 2010 at 3:07am
That is, if you count a student production from a university you've never heard of! This ad shows the chain's founder making lousy pizzas for a studio audience.

Thanks, Papa John's. You actually got me believing for a moment that Papa John personally made those crappy pizzas himself!
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 4:03am
They don't show the kennels where they get the dog vomit to put on his pizzas....
msubulldog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msubulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 5:29am
Sleepy Papa John must have some kind of executive privilege, because he always wears blue jeans in all the "Papa's in the House" commercials. When I worked as a delivery driver for Papa John's in late 2007, we could not wear blue jeans.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

They don't show the kennels where they get the dog vomit to put on his pizzas....

They do look like that don't they?LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
MrTim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 4:51am
Yes indeedy.  Just the look of the spinach alfredo barf they advertised years ago put me off of ever even trying any of Papa John's pizza....  Dead
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 5:22pm
This guy is always trying to be cool and ham it up for the cameras.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 10:41pm
This is not any worse than when Pizza Hut had commercials where restaurant diners thought their (Pizza hut) pasta dishes where made by the restaurant and were really good.  Pleassssse!  I hate commercials like this because they are so ridiculously stupid.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 12:27am
Living in NJ I have the benefit of not needing to purchase pizza's from these chains (Domino's-Pizza Hut-or Papa Johns), because we are surrounded here by pizza shops that continually cook the finest pizza's ever produced.
Seeing this chap sitting in a crowd at a cooking show made me laugh when I first saw it.
I tried his pizza once and was not happy.
The crust tasted mass produced and resembled matzo (yuk! )
The sauce tasted sweet and not like tomato at all.
The cheese was chewy and didn't taste fresh at all.
The spices provided in the little packet were just awful.
This chap is from Indiana, somehow Indiana does not impress me as being the hub of good pizza.
Thank goodness for pizza from NYC and Philly!
Simply the best!!
One man gathers what another man spills
bunnyhead View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Bannned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 4:36am
I concur with Jimmy.  I grew up in NJ and grew up eating some really good pizza.  I tried PJs once too and the crust is wafer thin and I would aqree that it is Matzo-like.  Pretty gross.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 2:04pm
I've been off pizza since February of 2007 (needed to lose weight).  Recently, though, I bought a little frozen pizza-like product at The Dollar Tree.  Total crap.  But having really been craving pizza, it was delicious.  Kinda sad.  Unhappy 

I don't know what it is, but the pizza from the little independently-owned pizzerias in California is different from the pizza I grew up eating in NJ.  I've grown to like it equally.  Less burnt and greasy.  I don't know why.  It might have to do with how long it's baked.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by bunnyhead bunnyhead wrote:

I concur with Jimmy.  I grew up in NJ and grew up eating some really good pizza.  I tried PJs once too and the crust is wafer thin and I would aqree that it is Matzo-like.  Pretty gross.

There's a "gourmet" pizzeria in San Francisco called Pizza Inferno whose pizza is basically "toppings on crackers" and they're only available in single servings (about 10" in diameter).  But the decor is hip, the prices high, the clientele trendy, and so lots of people think it's great.  I went there once.  That was enough.  I felt ripped-off.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 5:08pm

...one would think we live in 'Pizza Heaven'...alas, no.

There are a few good places to grab a good pizza (they are independent), but it is nothing like The City, or Chicago (when it was a basic staple).

We've more or less made 'Pizza Runs' a 'once in a blue moon' thing....and forget the silly 'fanciness' where people dump crap like pineapple on it; give us a good ol' "meat eaters with cheese".
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

....and forget the silly 'fanciness' where people dump crap like pineapple on it; give us a good ol' "meat eaters with cheese".

Yeah.  Pizza Inferno wouldn't be your place either, Pa.  Here's some items from their menu:

Goat Cheese, roma Tomatoes, Walnuts, mozzarella  $11.95

Inferno Vegetarian- marinated artichoke hearts, roasted peppers, mushrooms, roma tomatoes, mozzarella  $11.95

Thai Chicken ,cilantro,peanuts,mozzarella  $11.95 

Roasted Eggplant, roasted Peppers, mozzarella  $10.95

Spinach, broccoli, Roma Tomatoes, mozzarella  $10.95

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 5:34pm
ConfusedSounds like 'Pizza for Idiots, Vegetarians, and 'Stylishly Light-in-the-Loafer'-types' there, Thor...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Yeah.  Pizza Inferno wouldn't be your place either, Pa.  Here's some items from their menu:

Inferno Vegetarian- marinated artichoke hearts, roasted peppers, mushrooms, roma tomatoes, mozzarella  $11.95

Yeecch! That's not real pizza. Those oh-so-trendy, pretentious hipster "pizza" places wouldn't know real pizza if it bit them in the ass.

NYC pizza RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 2:06am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

....and forget the silly 'fanciness' where people dump crap like pineapple on it; give us a good ol' "meat eaters with cheese".

Yuck! I like NJ-NYC-Philly pizza, grease and all. I can't stand that pretentious crap that trendy douchebags think are gourmet. They're not.
I also detest Chicago "deep-dish" pizza. Too doughy, and I don't care for the sauce.
Our east coast pizza is the best.
I enjoy Italian sausage, green peppers,onions,and mushrooms on mine. Nothing like it!!
Damn, now I'm HUNGRY! Time to call Nicks!
One man gathers what another man spills
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic