Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Panera Bread "Devour Good Food"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Panera Bread "Devour Good Food"
    Posted: 20 May 2015 at 12:48am
I love Panera Bread, but watching these people shove food in their piehole is disgusting!Dead

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 1:46am

I like the word "devour".  It's what zombies do.

But it sounds like Panera is trying to counter the image that their servings are small and that their clientele is adult females who eat daintily and don't even finish their small servings.  I'm surprised they didn't show a guy in a baseball cap with food all over his face, licking the bowl.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 2:01am
A.) I doubt that the sugar, sodium, cholesterol & carbohydrate laden food Panera Bread serves would pass as "healthy" in any dietician's book, & 

B.) I've never seen anybody there shoving food in their face like that. I don't eat there, but the Dollar Tree I shop at is right next door to one, so I walk past it all the time & I can see the polite little yuppies thru the windows, nibbling daintily at their trendy food.

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 2:12am
A1: Sugar and Carbs are the same thing. :P And they're just as healthy as anything else in the right quantities; either way they always make up the majority of one's diet.

A2: People are sodium deficient these days because of all the excessive hype about it.

a3: The cholesterol, if it's the bad kind, can be easily countered with the olive oil and other monounsaturated fats they serve with their products. :P
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 2:20am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

B.) I've never seen anybody there shoving food in their face like that. I don't eat there, but the Dollar Tree I shop at is right next door to one, so I walk past it all the time & I can see the polite little yuppies thru the windows, nibbling daintily at their trendy food.

You should stop in at Panera and order a beverage, and then sit down with a chili dog and bag of pork rinds from the Dollar Tree.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 2:22am
^That'd be good. Then we could find him on youtube.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 2:29am

He'd have to accompany the eating with all the sound effects that we'd expect from him.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 2:41am

Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

A1: Sugar and Carbs are the same thing. :P And they're just as healthy as anything else in the right quantities; either way they always make up the majority of one's diet.

Nope. That is incorrect. Sugar is sugar. Carbohydrates when metabolized, get turned into blood sugar, but you cannot dump a cup of carbohydrate into a dessert recipe or pump high fructose carbohydrate (which does not even exist anyway) into a soda pop in order to give it a sweet taste.

Obviously I was talking about refined, powdered sugar as a food ingredient that, even though unhealthy for you, has little to do with diabetes causing high blood sugar.

Quote A2: People are sodium deficient these days because of all the excessive hype about it.

Note I said "laden", meaning an overabundance of it. "Overabundance" fyi, means "too much", btw. And even though I agree that the 1500 mg limit set by the CDC or whoever set it at that, is unrealistic & absurd, there is still a such thing as too much sodium. Restaurant food is so loaded with sodium that eating out everyday would likely shorten your life.

Quote a3: The cholesterol, if it's the bad kind, can be easily countered with the olive oil and other monounsaturated fats they serve with their products. :P

Wrong again. Different people respond to cholesterol intake differently. Some people can eat fatty, greasy food everyday of their entire lives & never have a cholesterol level higher than 150 - 200. Some can starve themselves, run 2 miles a day & still have high cholesterol. So the idea that it can be "easily countered" simply by eating olive oil or via some other quick-fix fad, is little more than a Dr Oz fantasy.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 2:46am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

You should stop in at Panera and order a beverage, and then sit down with a chili dog and bag of pork rinds from the Dollar Tree.

I doubt they'd microwave my chili dog for me, so I'd have to eat it frozen.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 2:46am
Except the effectiveness of monos on cholesterol is something factually observed..nothing on Doctor Oz even got past being a hypothesis...hell, they barely got that far. Certainly, other varients affect it, but that doesn't discount the effectiveness of one thing. And if a person is starving themselves AND doing high levels of cardio their health will be f**ked up anyway.

Fair points, but I can't think of anyone who eats out every day, let alone at the same place. Obviously that's insane and not a normal thing to do.

Not all carbohydrates are sugars, but all sugars are carbohydrates. THe negatives of refined sugar are simply that it's been stripped of micronutrients meaning it potentially can unbalance the diet; but within breads and such, especially the non-white ones Panera peddles, there's a nice range and abundance of micro-nutrients, and that's not even including the varieties added by their salad and soup hybrids.

The "science" behind the anti-refined sugar thing is very dubious and far more "Dr. Oz"ian than anything else out there.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 2:48am

I doubt they'd microwave my chili dog for me, so I'd have to eat it frozen.

Take your shirt off and thaw it out in your armpit.

verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 2:49am

He'd have to accompany the eating with all the sound effects that we'd expect from him.

OMG, that belch at 46 seconds, LMAOLOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 2:54am
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Except the effectiveness of monos on cholesterol is something factually observed..nothing on Doctor Oz even got past being a hypothesis...hell, they barely got that far. Certainly, other varients affect it, but that doesn't discount the effectiveness of one thing. And if a person is starving themselves AND doing high levels of cardio their health will be f**ked up anyway.

Fair points, but I can't think of anyone who eats out every day, let alone at the same place. Obviously that's insane and not a normal thing to do.

Not all carbohydrates are sugars, but all sugars are carbohydrates. THe negatives of refined sugar are simply that it's been stripped of micronutrients meaning it potentially can unbalance the diet; but within breads and such, especially the non-white ones Panera peddles, there's a nice range and abundance of micro-nutrients, and that's not even including the varieties added by their salad and soup hybrids.

The "science" behind the anti-refined sugar thing is very dubious and far more "Dr. Oz"ian than anything else out there.

Maybe so, but some people are more susceptible to cholesterol than others. Otherwise, David Letterman could have just started guzzling olive oil rather than having the quintuple bypass open heart surgery he had due to his cholesterol clogged arteries.

And yes, not all carbs are sugars, but all carbs turn into sugars during the digestive process. Therefore, eating off the pasta & bread heavy menu at Panera would not be considered eating healthy as the commercial claims.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 2:55am

I hate armpit hair in my chili dogs.

Even when it's my own.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 3:01am
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

OMG, that belch at 46 seconds, LMAOLOL

A long time ago, I tape recorded myself taking a really loud, gross, explosive dump then called a friend & left it on his answering machine.

No words or anything just "BEEEEEP... kerSPLOOOOSH!!!!!"

He got a laugh out of that.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 3:36am

I hate armpit hair in my chili dogs.

Even when it's my own.

There's always your groin and buttcrack.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 3:58am

There's always your groin and buttcrack.

Hairy & hairy.

Not to mention stinky.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 4:37am

Stinky?  Put some sauerkraut on it and you won't know the difference.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 4:47am
Sauerkraut & chili just don't go together on a hot dog.

Plus, I'd have to buy a can of sauerkraut, which I don't think the Dollar Tree sells, so I'd have to go to another grocery store. 

By that time, I wouldn't feel like it anymore.

purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 5:53am
Thoroughly enjoying this thread.Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic