Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pampers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pampers
    Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 11:22pm
I hate this commercial. A woman is doing errands around town, when she starts seeing moms and babies from third-world countries. Then a voiceover lady announces that you can save the world's babies by buying Pampers diapers because one pack = one life-saving vaccine.

Okay,
1. I don't like the message that this ad is sending- that you are responsible as mother for the world's babies. I think your number one priority should be to care for your OWN child before you even consider worrying about those thousands of miles away.
2. It's very sad and all that the babies in Africa and India and everywhere need things like this and can't get them. But we have children right here in our own country who need us- what about kids who have alcoholic parents who can't take care of themselves let alone a kid? It seems to me that the parents in third-world countries at least try, which is more than we can say for some of the parents in this country.
3. If you have the means to make the donations already, why don't you just DO it?? Don't rely on the consumers, just make a damn donation!! Oh, that's right. You have to make money off of this too. Silly me.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Sponsored Links

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 11:39pm
I just don't like what sounds to be Salma Hayek's voice over. Bleh...
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 11:43pm
It is? Dang now I hate it even more.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 11:53pm
It is Salma Hayek.  She was on Oprah, maybe a month ago, talking about it.

I don't have trouble with the campaign.  What they're doing is providing vaccines (that are inexpensive) to children in third world countries, where no one is funding these vaccines and children are dying from easily preventable diseases.

While life sure does suck for many children born in the U.S., it's just not the same.

Although - yes - we do need to take care of our own needy children, as well.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 12:02am
The ad promoting vaccines and awareness for children in other countries doesn't bother me.   But, when she says "with one paka pahmpers"  it's like nails on the chalkboard to me.
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I just don't like what sounds to be Salma Hayek's voice over. Bleh...

I thought it was Penlope Cruz's voice but then again I always get those two mixed up.  Now I know it's Salma...I wonder if she leant her voice for free??  Wink
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 1:08am
I just don't get why, at FreeRice.com, I have to feel like a moron in order to donate to hungry nations. Why can't they just give them the rice, if they have it? Now I feel like an idiot for not knowing what "paladin" means, and I feel bad because I only donated 100 grains of rice, which is like nothing.
I know they want to make people WANT to give, but as long as they have the stuff, why don't they just hand it over already?
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 1:23am
They need to promote awareness, so people will continue to give, and they won't run out of funds.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 1:34am
Yeah but if it's a free game how do they get money?

>,< so confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic