Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oscar Mayer - Hey Mom!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oscar Mayer - Hey Mom!!!
    Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 9:33pm

Alright, I've tried to stomach this one as long as I could...but I can't anymore.

Someone knock some sense into this f**king little brat at once!! Instead of mom being all "No no no!" I'd be taking him out to the car and teach him a lesson. After all that but the thinking she'll say no to some hot dogs or whatever.... This is what is going on with our kids today. They always have to have something when they go out. They don't care what it is, as long as you're buying SOMETHING. I don't know why but this reminds me of a commercial for Walmart...maybe it takes place in a Walmart. But this snot nose kid and I don't mix one bit. It's time for him to go go go!
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 9:53pm

Is the kid asking to try on a pair of women's panties?  Or is that a Speedo?  Either way---> LOL

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 9:56pm
^Looked like a swimsuit or just plain bikini-cut underwear.

But they look way too big for 'im. Guess that's part of the "funny".
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:08pm

^  I think the "funny" is supposed to be that a 10 y/o wants to try on a pair of "obscene".

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:12pm
Maybe this is one of those rare moments where I show my youth rather than senility, but they don't strike me as obscene at all. I mean, at a k-mart or walmart, in the men's department there are thongs, string bikinis, etc. Hell, they even have thongs, G-strings, "skimpy cut" (A bikini cut with very little fabric, basically) and such being sold for girls as young as 4!

In light of that, a simple bikini cut is hard to consider obscene or even slightly naughty, in my opinion...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:56pm

Is your WalMart in Europe, or in 1975 or something?  Does it have an "adult" clothing department?

Where do you ever see males of any age wearing thongs and string bikinis?

jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 11:07pm
If I pulled that sh*t when I was a kid, my mom would have dragged my ass out to the car and spanked the crap out of me. She certainly wouldn't buy me hot dogs. In fact, I'd be going hungry that night.

I've worked retail, and the amount of children begging for candy and soda at the checkout is insane. Even more ridiculous is the amount of parents that cave in and say "okay honey, pick three things". Not to mention it holds up the line while the little jerk takes his time choosing.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 11:32pm
Well, Thor, in spite of what Pa may say, I don't make it a habit of checking out what kind of underwear random men are wearing. But I have seen all those cuts being sold at Wal-Mart, Kmart (Where I worked and stocked such things, regularly enough to believe they were selling), Target, etc. They're sold with all the other underwear and socks.

Originally posted by jhiller21 jhiller21 wrote:

I've worked retail, and the amount of children begging for candy and soda at the checkout is insane. Even more ridiculous is the amount of parents that cave in and say "okay honey, pick three things". Not to mention it holds up the line while the little jerk takes his time choosing.

My mum would do it in reverse. First thing we'd do is pick out something for me. I was limited to one drink, one treat, and one toy (The toy varied, depending on our situation at the time.).

After that, I had to behave for the duration of the shopping trip, and any bad behaviour resulted in having something put away.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 11:39pm

If I pulled that sh*t when I was a kid, my mom would have dragged my ass out to the car and spanked the crap out of me. She certainly wouldn't buy me hot dogs. In fact, I'd be going hungry that night.

The sad thing is they put the candy in the checkout line so the kids would notice them, whoever came up with that idea is a genius. But is also a ****k
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Kris L. Walker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kris L. Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 12:21am
Breaker 1-9! Breaker 1-9, you got the Silver Devil, on your CB, and here's my twenty. This commercial is garbage and makes me sick to my stomach. I wanna take that little Rugrat and make 'im pick trash off the side of the Interstate, and if that don't cut it, then I can drop these loads of trash on 'im. 
Back from an unexpected hiatus. Time to rip ads a new one all over again.
ItsAllTME View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ItsAllTME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 12:21am
Damn kids can get away with murder in public now... parents are helpless to control them so they bribe them with soda & candy. "If you behave in the store, you can get a candy bar." Or else they ask for 28 things knowing you're going to give in to something before they really start behaving badly. Grrrrr.
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 1:45am
Originally posted by Kris L. Walker Kris L. Walker wrote:

Breaker 1-9! Breaker 1-9, you got the Silver Devil, on your CB, and here's my twenty. This commercial is garbage and makes me sick to my stomach. I wanna take that little Rugrat and make 'im pick trash off the side of the Interstate, and if that don't cut it, then I can drop these loads of trash on 'im. 

The voice of reason! Big smile
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 1:55am
God that kid is an annoying ***** if I were the mom I'll take him out of store and don't buy him anything for being a little dipsh*t!
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 2:30am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

God that kid is an annoying ***** if I were the mom I'll take him out of store and don't buy him anything for being a little dipsh*t!

THANK YOU!!!!

I hate this kid too and I can't wait until this ad is pulled, it's a headache to normal people like us.
catnapped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 2:52am
Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

I don't know why but this reminds me of a commercial for Walmart...maybe it takes place in a Walmart. 

It's Costco.
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 5:36am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

The sad thing is they put the candy in the checkout line so the kids would notice them, whoever came up with that idea is a genius. But is also a ****k

I also got a lot of parents who got mad at me for having all the candy and soda there. One mother even said "I have to go through this every time we come here. You guys shouldn't do this to people".

Lady, I'm not the one who decided to put it there. It's there to get your kids to beg you for it. How about being a responsible parent and saying no. Since you never learned any manners, I suppose you'll never teach them to your bratty child. Good luck with that.

Man, the things I wished I could say to people when I worked there...
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 5:48am
Also, the candy by the checkout works equally well for adults. You wouldn't believe how many fat housewives and dorky husbands would go "Oooh, Twix!" and impulse buy that sh*t. Not to mention the stupid tabloids and magazines...

I'm gonna go hit my head with a hammer now.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 6:25am
^Hit the customers in the head, pleace. I sort of lucked out working apparel over the register, but yeah...we get our fair amount of sh*t. I've started to come to the conclusion that the ONLY good customers are those who've actually worked in retail.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

^Hit the customers in the head, pleace. I sort of lucked out working apparel over the register, but yeah...we get our fair amount of sh*t. I've started to come to the conclusion that the ONLY good customers are those who've actually worked in retail.

Whenever I go shopping for anything, I'm extraordinarily nice to everyone who works there. I feel like if I can make their day just a little better, I've done my job as a consumer.
DurangoTango View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DurangoTango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 8:11am
What's even more irritating than the kid and his mother is the fact that he's just running around the store doing whatever he wants to do with no supervision.  She's basically not paying any attention to him whatsoever, until he ASKS for something.  He's dragging stuff off shelves, playing on displays and you can bet if he ran that scooter into a wall and broke his stupid neck, she'd be trying to blame it on the store and sue them.
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 6:25pm
According the the disclaimer, you should "Listen to your mother." LOL
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by 70s80s 70s80s wrote:

That reminds me of that commercial where they're driving cars off cliffs into the ocean, and the disclaimer says "Always drive responsibly, professional driver on closed course".

Really? So he just committed suicide for the commercial?

"Listen to your mother" is hilarious though. I wish it said "Don't be a little sh*t, and behave yourself in public places, unlike this kid".
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 7:39pm

Originally posted by 70s80s 70s80s wrote:

That reminds me of that commercial where they're driving cars off cliffs into the ocean, and the disclaimer says "Always drive responsibly, professional driver on closed course".

Really? So he just committed suicide for the commercial?

"Listen to your mother" is hilarious though. I wish it said "Don't be a little sh*t, and behave yourself in public places, unlike this kid".

It actually says "Do not attempt. Always wear a helmet. Listen to you mother."

That's the only funny part of the commercial!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

Alright, I've tried to stomach this one as long as I could...but I can't anymore.

Someone knock some sense into this f**king little brat at once!! Instead of mom being all "No no no!" I'd be taking him out to the car and teach him a lesson. After all that but the thinking she'll say no to some hot dogs or whatever.... This is what is going on with our kids today. They always have to have something when they go out. They don't care what it is, as long as you're buying SOMETHING. I don't know why but this reminds me of a commercial for Walmart...maybe it takes place in a Walmart. But this snot nose kid and I don't mix one bit. It's time for him to go go go!

My Mom would not have bothered taking me to the car. She would have blistered my butt in the store and no one would have blinked an eye! I knew this is what would happen which is why I did not push the issue. If I was told stop I stopped. I have been using totally inappropriate methods on my Grandson. I realize if I administered a light swat to his butt in the store the real SWAT would be called in and I would be pepper sprayed. Tazered, beat up, then cuffed and stuffed! If my 4 y/o Grandson is running around pulling items off of the grocery store shelves, and acting like a completely undisciplined s*it we exit the store and he gets nothing. I did not realize that now days I am supposed to negotiate and bribe him in order to attain compliance. Not going to happen!   
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 9:20pm

I actually like the kid.  I don't think he's doing anything so egregious.  The trampoline and the drums were all set up, begging to be used by kids.  And at least he wasn't whining or crying when his mother denied him stuff.

I'm sure he's a bit exasperating for Mom, but to an observer, he's kinda funny.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic