Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oscar Mayer Bed?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oscar Mayer Bed?
    Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 9:43pm

What the f**k is Oscar Mayer promoting...cannibalism?
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 11:11pm

Maybe she just wants to be an Oscar Mayer weiner.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 11:56pm
I thought that the ad was going to be about a new Oscar Mayer BREAD.

I suppose that might go over fairly well if it was any good.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 3:28am
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

What the f**k is Oscar Mayer promoting...cannibalism?

I don't know how the general public feels about this, but I'm going to open my big, fat mouth and give my opinion anyway.

Oscar Mayer commercials are crap. They've been crap for some time. Think about it. The stupid "YUM YUM YUM" choir commercial, the kid with the laser eyes on a hot dog, etc.....

NOT ONE of those commercials says anything about the actual product. You can swap out any brand in any of them. Imagine "D4everman's Meats!" and they would be the SAME commercials. 

Sure, the old jingle of "I wish I was an Oscar Mayer Weiner" didn't particularly say anything special about the brand, but it was catchy and people who weren't even born when it was aired know the jingle. 

Whatever ad agency they've hired isn't even trying. They let SFX run the show. Because theres nothing about a girl sleeping under sandwich meat that makes me want to run out and buy that brand. 

/end rant. 
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 3:59am
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

I don't know how the general public feels about this, but I'm going to open my big, fat mouth and give my opinion anyway.

Oscar Mayer commercials are crap. They've been crap for some time. Think about it. The stupid "YUM YUM YUM" choir commercial, the kid with the laser eyes on a hot dog, etc.....

NOT ONE of those commercials says anything about the actual product. You can swap out any brand in any of them. Imagine "D4everman's Meats!" and they would be the SAME commercials. 

Sure, the old jingle of "I wish I was an Oscar Mayer Weiner" didn't particularly say anything special about the brand, but it was catchy and people who weren't even born when it was aired know the jingle. 

Whatever ad agency they've hired isn't even trying. They let SFX run the show. Because theres nothing about a girl sleeping under sandwich meat that makes me want to run out and buy that brand. 

/end rant.

What you're ranting about is something pretty much all commercials do these days.

It's all about creating mental impressions that will stick in your mind and which you'll associate with the product when you're in the store shopping.

Commercial makers stopped actually talking about or extolling the virtues of most product long ago.

Some still do, but I think only for products that actually DO something or fulfill some purpose.

What does sandwich meat do other than taste good and satisfy your appetite?

Talking about that won't increase sales because ALL sandwich meat does that.

Either way, I think I speak for everyone when I say we're all relieved that there are no commercials about your meat.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 8:30am

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Either way, I think I speak for everyone when I say we're all relieved that there are no commercials about your meat.

You won't see one about mine, either. You generally don't see commercials for kielbasa.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

You won't see one about mine, either. You generally don't see commercials for kielbasa Vienna sausage.

FTFY.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 3:59pm

Don't be so jelly.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 4:26pm
Jelly?

What jelly?

Oh, you mean this jelly...?

C'mon, man!
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 6:18pm

[QUOTE=d4everman]

It didn't even occur to me that I was setting myself up for that joke until now. I'd say something about my "Hard Salami" but I don't know if I want to down that rabbit hole. 

(Man, that sounded better in my head)
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

It didn't even occur to me that I was setting myself up for that joke until now. I'd say something about my "Hard Salami" but I don't know if I want to down that rabbit hole.

(Man, that sounded better in my head)

No matter how you look at it, you're better off staying away from any mention of meat, salami and holes together in the same post.

Around here, anyway.

C'mon, man!
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 1:29am
Kind of Trippy.
There's a sucker born every minute.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 1:42am
As much as I don't want to open the can of worms about "my meat" jokes, I keep seeing this ad, recently. 
It makes so little sense to me I keep thinking about it. Which I guess was the ad company's intent in the first place. 
Man, I miss the days when commercials were at least a little entertaining. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic