Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercial Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Older Mitsubishi Spot....LUV!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Older Mitsubishi Spot....LUV!

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
FocusedinNYC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2014
Location: New York City
Status: Offline
Points: 330
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Older Mitsubishi Spot....LUV!
    Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 11:44pm
While I think this one is no longer being aired, when I first saw it, it knocked me out, triggered a whole little journey to find out about the music track and the guy singing it.

I did uber delving, found out the guy is Bobby Caldwell, he wrote and recorded this track decades ago, and it was a hit worldwide.   I then learned all about him, downloaded every video of his on uTube....and found one where he is performing this live in a club which I am still addicted to. That's the only one I kept.  I will find a link to that video and put it up.

I sent it to all my friends, and those of color, independent of each other, were like: Way!!!! a white guy with uber soul! 

I also think this spot is classy and sexy; if that's what they are trying to associate this vehicle with....I think they succeeded.


Back to Top
Sponsored Links



Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 57569
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 12:19am

Yeah, one of the other posters here (AdN?) pointed it out in an earlier thread.  I figured it to be from the late 80s---like the Sade era---but it was from the 70s.  Nice song.  It'd go well on a CD with Smooth Operator.

And the woman behind the wheel ain't too shabby, either.


Back to Top
FocusedinNYC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2014
Location: New York City
Status: Offline
Points: 330
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:


Yeah, one of the other posters here (AdN?) pointed it out in an earlier thread.  I figured it to be from the late 80s---like the Sade era---but it was from the 70s.  Nice song.  It'd go well on a CD with Smooth Operator.

And the woman behind the wheel ain't too shabby, either.




Wait.....I got busy doing work, I MUST FIND THAT VIDEO AND PUT IT UP!!!  I agree, the girl behind the wheel is gorgeous.  Jus wanna say, Sade....lost respect for her when I found out she hooked up with Maxwell.  cause I think he is a lowlife.  Hold on, I gotta find that video where he performs this track live in an uber club!!!!
________________________________________
Update: GOT IT!  I mean it, anyone this I will put up below don blow away I do not wanna know.  I am sooo grateful I discovered this guy!  Never would have had it not been for seeing that spot!



Heads up:  it's stretched....I know; when I play it in VLC I always gotta change the aspect ratio.

PS: As usual, I extracted the audio, and that track, the AMAZING version via the video above is now on all my devices.  I remain obsessed by it.

And check out the audience and their responses to him!  Speaks volumes!

One more:  this little guy is what such as Usher never will be.  That is my opinion,  and.....OMG off the chain sexy!  Subtle, nuanced, visceral.  Is he ginormous and ripped?  NO.  But to me, the latter are never measures of sexy.
Back to Top
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Status: Offline
Points: 23634
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 1:41am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:




Yeah, one of the other posters here (AdN?) pointed it out on an earlier thread.  I figured it to be from the late 80s---like the Sade era---but it was from the 70s.  Nice song.  It'd go well on a CD with Smooth Operator.

And the woman behind the wheel ain't too shabby, either.




Yep it was me! I was interested in this song along with Moving in Stereo that it made me post it here. Besides the ugly clothes and bland cars the 70s, musically, was pretty snazzy!

I just noticed something too. The moon follows her!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Back to Top
FocusedinNYC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2014
Location: New York City
Status: Offline
Points: 330
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 4:21am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:




Yeah, one of the other posters here (AdN?) pointed it out on an earlier thread.  I figured it to be from the late 80s---like the Sade era---but it was from the 70s.  Nice song.  It'd go well on a CD with Smooth Operator.

And the woman behind the wheel ain't too shabby, either.




Yep it was me! I was interested in this song along with Moving in Stereo that it made me post it here. Besides the ugly clothes and bland cars the 70s, musically, was pretty snazzy!

I just noticed something too. The moon follows her!


Ahah!  Thanks so much for coming forth!!!!   "Pretty snazzy" re the track, very cute.  I would say exceptional in every way and fodder for great joy and obsession.  Well, for me, I mean.

And, I din notice re the Moon!!!!!!   That spot is a masterwork!  And what percentage, big picture, ever reach that level?  Did you watch his best live performance of the track?  I put it up.   Cause I originally got all of them, and this one was in a class of its own.  This is the one I kept and extracted audio from.

Thanks again....and yr user name ROCKS.

PS: not until coming here to try to mitigate my intense nausea re that repulsive Trivago guy who is still making me nauseated.....did I ever realize, there are far more commercials I like than dislike!  And, many of those I don't love (as I do this one)....I don't really mind.
Back to Top
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Location: Oregon
Status: Offline
Points: 6478
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 3:50pm
Wait! Sade hooked up with an obnoxious talking pig? How did I miss that one!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Back to Top
FocusedinNYC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2014
Location: New York City
Status: Offline
Points: 330
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Wait! Sade hooked up with an obnoxious talking pig? How did I miss that one!


Forgive me for not being sure, but no point in saying I am if I'm not...this is facetious right?Smile  Is it?

I should have been more specific: I have a GF who is obsessed by Maxwell, spends time she don have on his Instagram page, goes to as many of his concerts as she can, where he flirts shamelessly with all his fans, I think, exploiting and purposefully feeding their obsession with him and fantasies of actually being with him.  Could be just me, I do not trust him at ALL; his exploitation of fans is on a whole other level than that of other male performers and I find it disgusting.  So in his defense, this GF points out that not long ago, Sade was in a relationship with him, premise being Sade is a class act.

She also points out one of my favs, Alicia Keys, is friends with him and performs with him.  Alicia, who IS a class act, gets along with almost everyone in the industry.

The Caldwell guy I am so thrilled I discovered (THANK U MITSUBISHI!Clap), has 20x more soul and 80X more character than Maxwell ever will.

 

 




Back to Top
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: WI
Status: Offline
Points: 25045
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by FocusedinNYC FocusedinNYC wrote:

While I think this one is no longer being aired, when I first saw it, it knocked me out, triggered a whole little journey to find out about the music track and the guy singing it.

I did uber delving, found out the guy is Bobby Caldwell, he wrote and recorded this track decades ago, and it was a hit worldwide.   I then learned all about him, downloaded every video of his on uTube....and found one where he is performing this live in a club which I am still addicted to. That's the only one I kept.  I will find a link to that video and put it up.

I sent it to all my friends, and those of color, independent of each other, were like: Way!!!! a white guy with uber soul! 

I also think this spot is classy and sexy; if that's what they are trying to associate this vehicle with....I think they succeeded.


There are several old love songs that still move me.
 
I can't complain but sometimes I still do.
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 57569
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by FocusedinNYC FocusedinNYC wrote:

Forgive me for not being sure, but no point in saying I am if I'm not...this is facetious right?Smile  Is it?
I should have been more specific: I have a GF who is obsessed by Maxwell, spends time she don have on his Instagram page, goes to as many of his concerts as she can, where he flirts shamelessly with all his fans, I think, exploiting and purposefully feeding their obsession with him and fantasies of actually being with him.  Could be just me, I do not trust him at ALL; his exploitation of fans is on a whole other level than that of other male performers and I find it disgusting.  So in his defense, this GF points out that not long ago, Sade was in a relationship with him, premise being Sade is a class act.

She also points out one of my favs, Alicia Keys, is friends with him and performs with him.  Alicia, who IS a class act, gets along with almost everyone in the industry.

The Caldwell guy I am so thrilled I discovered (THANK U MITSUBISHI!Clap), has 20x more soul and 80X more character than Maxwell ever will.



I didn't realize anyone could be so into him!



Back to Top
FocusedinNYC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2014
Location: New York City
Status: Offline
Points: 330
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:26pm
O!  Nice!   Never heard this before.....maybe neo or pre Lionel Ritchie? Strikes me nuance is an endangered species!!!   But for me, the Caldwell track, and he co WROTE it, is both romantic AND also speaks the blinding intensity of uber attraction, I think, an uncommon amalgam.

Meanwhile, I don know one person who owns/drives a Mitsubishi....but they do make world-class air conditioners, we have a 30K BTU one embedded in a wall in our huge lobby.  I assume their cars are engineered as well.

I don want new....I want my (imaginary) big block, numbers-matched Vette....cause, I have learned it's the best one ever made!!!  
Back to Top
FocusedinNYC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2014
Location: New York City
Status: Offline
Points: 330
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by FocusedinNYC FocusedinNYC wrote:

Forgive me for not being sure, but no point in saying I am if I'm not...this is facetious right?Smile  Is it?
I should have been more specific: I have a GF who is obsessed by Maxwell, spends time she don have on his Instagram page, goes to as many of his concerts as she can, where he flirts shamelessly with all his fans, I think, exploiting and purposefully feeding their obsession with him and fantasies of actually being with him.  Could be just me, I do not trust him at ALL; his exploitation of fans is on a whole other level than that of other male performers and I find it disgusting.  So in his defense, this GF points out that not long ago, Sade was in a relationship with him, premise being Sade is a class act.

She also points out one of my favs, Alicia Keys, is friends with him and performs with him.  Alicia, who IS a class act, gets along with almost everyone in the industry.

The Caldwell guy I am so thrilled I discovered (THANK U MITSUBISHI!Clap), has 20x more soul and 80X more character than Maxwell ever will.



I didn't realize anyone could be so into him!





That.....was adorable.LOLClap
Back to Top
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Status: Offline
Points: 23634
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 10:57pm
^ that was the only GEICO Maxwell commercial that made me actually
laugh!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Back to Top
FocusedinNYC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2014
Location: New York City
Status: Offline
Points: 330
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

^ that was the only GEICO Maxwell commercial that made me actually
laugh!


I felt the same!!!!  Only  funny, adorable one! tho until now, I never saw this one!  Spoiler pig= way cute!!!!!  ALL the others are soooooo lame!

But not, I submit....as lame as THIS Maxwell (Marvin Gaye is rotating in his grave):


_______________________________
Edit: Jus this second realized....all the Geico animals (also, that disgusting Aflec duck) are naifs.  Many characters, including humans in commercials are!  Childlike, non threatening....as opposed to all that is going on in the world.

Very slick, also, kinda sneaky, no?  Perhaps meant to mitigate our, I think, often accurate takes on the icy agendas of corporations. 

Thing is....some work for me.  Sigh.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.