Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan "Total Eclipse of the Heart"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesertX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan "Total Eclipse of the Heart"
    Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 3:57am
Not only is Nissan (in)famous for making the some of the worst cars with a Japanese marque, they've just raised the bar on annoying singing in commercials.

Well, maybe not as bad as this flashback:

Sponsored Links

thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 6:52am
Sick
MrPink View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 7:22am
i'd like to punch that dork at the end of the commercial. Angry
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 7:11pm
That 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer commercial, ugh.  I remember it like a really bad dream, and I have always hated that song because of it.Angry
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 7:24pm
Both are horrible!

Not only did the contemporize the song, they have bad singers singing it!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

That 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer commercial, ugh.  I remember it like a really bad dream, and I have always hated that song because of it.Angry

Was that the commercial that used the Gay Naked I meant Bare Naked Ladies song?

Just wait a few weeks and the gay carollers will come out singing for their pimped up fugly cars.
I approve this message.
AndrewBold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewBold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 9:37am
 Keep Up The Good Work!!ClapClap
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 10:42am
There seem to be two extremes here, and neither one is very encouraging:

Extreme 1 is when ad agencies are stuffed with 20-something's who think techno is cool and fashion / style trump functionality and cost.

Extreme 2 is when ad agencies are stuffed with 40- and 50-something's who only know one process for creating a commercial: Start with your 80's CD collection, find a word or phrase in a song that is at least tangentially related to your product or service (no matter how remote), and then hype the sh*t out of it in your commercial. This approach often leads to advertising that is annoying, creativity-challenged,and utterly uninspired! Memorable only because it is so god-awful bad.

But fear not, in a few more years, the "rap generation" songs will come out of copyright / fair use and we'll all be bombarded with those crappy "songs" too (that is, as soon as that demographic gets jobs and figures out how to earn some money to actually buy products and services.)
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 4:28pm
God I hate that song!  Every time I see this commercial, I cringe!
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
DesertX View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesertX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

There seem to be two extremes here, and neither one is very encouraging:

Extreme 1 is when ad agencies are stuffed with 20-something's who think techno is cool and fashion / style trump functionality and cost.

Extreme 2 is when ad agencies are stuffed with 40- and 50-something's who only know one process for creating a commercial: Start with your 80's CD collection, find a word or phrase in a song that is at least tangentially related to your product or service (no matter how remote), and then hype the sh*t out of it in your commercial. This approach often leads to advertising that is annoying, creativity-challenged,and utterly uninspired! Memorable only because it is so god-awful bad. 

I think this commercial was made by some adholes who have been hiding for the past five years and still think "Glee" is the hottest show on television.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 2:06am
I hated that song when it was first released in the 1980's......and I like even less now!
One man gathers what another man spills
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 2:23am
I noticed that they headed past a sign reading "LAST EXIT ROAD CLOSED AHEAD" I hope that means they're heading towards a gap.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DesertX View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesertX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 4:41am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I noticed that they headed past a sign reading "LAST EXIT ROAD CLOSED AHEAD" I hope that means they're heading towards a gap.

Or, maybe this:

But, that wouldn't bode well selling cars.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic