Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New music that is worth a listen!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 3:44am
Dylan's new album, 'Triplicate', is a 3-record set of covers.
The boy wins a Nobel for his writing & music and promptly goes out with his first-ever 3-record release - not one song did he write...but I like the style, so I'll probably snatch it.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 2:40am
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 4:16am
WinkMaybe some of you are well-aware of this kid...
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 2:44am
here's some of the devil's music:

and on the opposite side of the spectrum:

I have 168 characters remaining.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 7:56am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

WinkMaybe some of you are well-aware of this kid...

Yeah.  He's been mentioned here a few times.  I might've posted this song a few years back.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 6:03pm
The wife has a little radio/stereo, that she can plug her iPod into, that she keeps in the bathroom.
She carried it out here yesterday (it's cordless too) with this song playing.

"Have you heard this song yet? It sounds like Dylan!"

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 10:29pm
I've heard that song.  I like it!

The problem with a lot of new songs I like, is that I like them because they sound old.  Sometimes, I can't tell if a song is new...or just an old song I'd never heard.

Like this one (which turns out to be an old song by an old band I'd never heard---from about 1970):

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 9:22pm
Old PaW has not been here in nearly ten days, he was speaking of some health problems.

Is it time for a CIH Silver Alert?
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 2:34am
kinda concerned about that too.  But he has had stretches (I think) when he's just gotten tired/bored with the forums and takes a week or so off, so....
I have 168 characters remaining.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Confused...yea, heard this at NPR, today - it was about 1/2 was through when I tuned my brain from 'chatter' to 'listen'. Yea, I was cornfused - was this a young BobbyZ? Was it sponsored by Trump to get and use the subservient social services' supported stonervote? I'll be darned if it doesn't sound like an anti-rehab anthem... 
PaW found this song months ago!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 5:35pm
This is a good station, they are starting to play more rap-pish type songs, I don't like that.

WWWX
Radio Station
WWWX is an Alternative formatted radio station licensed to Oshkosh, Wisconsin, that serves the Appleton-Oshkosh area. The station is owned by Edward Esserman's Current Radio, LLC. Wikipedia
Frequency: 96.9 MHz
City of license: Oshkosh
Format: Modern rock
Branding: 96.9 The Fox
Slogan: Wisconsin's New Rock

This is a good song!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 3:45am
Wink When 'creating', I listen to classical heavily (not quite like 'Alex DeLarge') and was treated to something by Jonny Greenwood ('Radiohead') which was nothing short of beautiful. The guy is a true musician and has me scrambling to acquire this.
Maybe the ONE thing Brian Tracy once said that stuck with me and I have found basically true is that almost all music, other than classical, is but "bubblegum for the brain".

I like my 'bubblegum', but when I'm listening to classical, I'm doing something 'special' - I'm in my 'artistic zone'

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 5:55pm
I like this song but at :55 it goes into this autotune/dubstep thing that I don't really care for.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 6:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic