Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Heineken Ad - Zombie Amy Winehouse?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratattack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Heineken Ad - Zombie Amy Winehouse?
    Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 11:05am
I just saw the latest ad for Heineken beer, and the singer looks and sounds an awful lot like the late Amy Winehouse. I'm sure that she's just some lookalike / soundalike, but its kind of creepy.
Sponsored Links

PrincessOfTheAncient View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 11:16am
That woman really wants to be Amy Winehouse, except I don't think that Amy Winehouse, not even at her absolute worst, would ever write song lyrics that crappy.

"I wanna write what I want you to do to me in a letter". It's almost as though she just sort of improvised the words to the music, because it almost sounds too specific and too verbose to fit in there.
+ Self-loathing, lonely, fat, and bitter since 2008! +
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 2:10pm
Is this the one?  If so, I like it.  I have a thread on it in "Commercial Talk".

I never thought about the Amy Winehouse similarity, but I tend to agree.  Then again, Winehouse channeled a 60s style of music herself, so even her look/sound wasn't completely original.

jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 4:59am
I'm sure I'm just taking the commercial way too literally, but what does that letter song have to do with drinking beer? 

Oh - it doesn't. I see. I thought not. Hmm....
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 5:21am
That actually is an Amy Winehouse song though I'm not sure if that's her. Whoever it is, they look horrible. 
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 6:10am
They sound horrible, too.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 2:11pm
Someone on the 'net pointed out that Amy Winehouse died of acute alcohol poisoning.

But the band in the commercial is Clairy Browne and the Bangin' Rackettes.  I think they're pretty good.  Here's something else by them. 

TheBoomMan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBoomMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 2:46pm
Why do commercials have to use such sad emotional songs? It gets quite annoying.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic