Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nationwide "World's Greatest..." (Video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nationwide "World's Greatest..." (Video)
    Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 12:52am
Once upon a time, we had Nationwide Insurance - they were VERY affordable and ALWAYS great - never a problem.
We moved.
We changed.
We forgot about Nationwide.
Along comes this *new* series of (..ahemmm!) commercials which reminded us that Nationwide remains in business - at least for now.
They are not helping themselves with crap like this.

...and now, just to irritate you, may I present...

"The World's Greatest Spokesperson In The World"

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 1:05am
This is a really irritating commercial.  I couldn't believe how ridiculously bad, as in ineffective, this is.  Why do we think this would-be Jeremiah Johnson would know anything about insurance anyway?  Stupid, nails-on-blackboard irritating, time waster.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 1:07am
VERY well said...I fully agree. 
I get knots in my stomach when it comes on.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 1:31am
I think the "blue phone" needs to go up his ass.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 1:36am
LOL Yeah, that would work too.
skullface2112 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skullface2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 1:40am
Please, could someone hand me a roll of duct tape for these mindless idiots in this ad? And for the character they create?
"Never doubt the power of stupidity in numbers." Why do you think there's so many crappy commercials out there?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 3:35am
WTF did I just watch?

So damn stupid. I'm at loss for words.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 3:41pm
I thought when I first saw it that nationwide was giving in to Geico and hiring the caveman. "the greatest spokes person in the world" What is this crap?
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 3:53pm
I expected to see the Dos Equos beer guy..
KonaRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KonaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 4:05am
May I add not only do I hate Nationwide commercials, I HATE NATIONWIDE!

No one will believe this. My husband had a heart attack and was admitted to a hospital, stented, and because the premium (few years back) was LATE, his $100,000 life insurance policy was immediately CANCELED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are completely unwilling to negotiate anything with us. Zip, nada, nunca, nothing. They still have over $13,000 cash in the 'pot' we've paid into, and they were unwilling to use any of it to make the payment. When my husband got out of the hospital, he called them and made the payment - canceled. They didn't give a rat's butt.

I am an invalid, in bed most of my life, too weak too even try to help him. What will become of us? He works fulltime in his 70s to provide me with health insurance and a little income, I used to be a nurse until I became bedridden, and we are in deep doo doo. If he dies, Nationwide isn't going to give us a penny - all those years, decades of paying premiums for nothing!

NATIONWIDE - IS NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT ON YOUR SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 9:49pm
...and now, back to the newest Nationwide "World's Greatest Spokesman" commercial.

Another pathetic attempt at 'increased business via humor' - almost looks like a grown-up version of Pee Wee Herman.

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 2:48am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Once upon a time, we had Nationwide Insurance - they were VERY affordable and ALWAYS great - never a problem.
We moved.
We changed.
We forgot about Nationwide.
Along comes this *new* series of (..ahemmm!) commercials which reminded us that Nationwide remains in business - at least for now.
They are not helping themselves with crap like this.

...and now, just to irritate you, may I present...

"The World's Greatest Spokesperson In The World"

What's funny about this commercial is, though I've seen it numerous times, I did not know the company behind it.  Your ad campaign sucks, Nationwide.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 9:39pm
I really hate the idiot in these commercials he strikes me as some overly excitable punkass who just drank a six pack of redbull. Unfortunately this is the norm for commercials. Can we just have a commercial that explains the product without pitiful annoying attempts at humor?
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic