Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"My sweet children ! my blessed wife ! "

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizardofozone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "My sweet children ! my blessed wife ! "
    Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 3:38am
Oh man, hovering on the brink of starvation and dehydration for a cool half million dollar prize at least makes reasonable although unresponsible and  reckless sense ala the survival show 'Alone' ....  

But 'Naked and Afraid' and 'The Wheel' make me so angry I could spit ... Call me non competitive but what oh what is up with people who are so vain, so self centered, who have such strange need to 'prove' themselves against situations that even God had not intended man to try and survive against .... and for absolutely no prize, no cars, no particular or memorable fame a week after its all over .....  

To boot, we must listen to them as they shiver and hover near unconciousness  whining how they could be home in the tender embrace of wife and children ... well duh ! .... Shouldn't that make one realize that the very deprivation they are needlessly exposing themselves to, and putting thier families through .. proves how totally unresponsible and vain they must be to fight a 'cycle of life' that one is not even supposed to be participating in ?

Oh my ! ... What a man you are now because you can bravely eat mushrooms and plants that make you vomit ! Wow, we are all so impressed .... OMG, give me a break ... I'm not particularly religious but I do understand now why the Bible has a line that explains how much vanity is in the hearts of man ....  Pass me another rose hip please ....
Sponsored Links

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 3:35am
Not that I watch any of it, but presumably, some people like the challenge of it. I'm perfectly happy with my AC and electronics and storebought food, so I don't feel any need to challenge myself in that way, but some people clearly do. Likewise, I won't go skydiving either, but I'm not gonna get offended because someone else DOES want that sort of thrill.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 8:50am
Such shows are asinine.  We live in the age of selfies and Youtube, so it's no surprise that people have some sorta need to be seen as much as possible by as many as possible.

I work with this guy who loves watching these hot pepper challenges on Youtube---people eating really hot peppers and then hamming it up for the camera, screaming and going into all sorts of contortions to show how painfully hot these peppers are.  He wants to get involved.  I don't understand the point.  Seems all they're doing is acting as over-the-top for the camera as they can.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 2:35pm
People are becoming more and more full of themselves. Which is the same as saying "full of sh*t" as they are so often one and the same anyway.

I have zero sympathy for people who get mangled up doing stupid crap. You want to jump out of airplanes? Fine. You want to ride a surfboard strapped to your feet on the way down? Good for you. You want to tie a bungee cord around your ankles and dive head first off of a thousand foot high bridge over some rocky gorge? Great!!! Have at it!!! And if you're utterly brain dead stupid enough to go scuba diving in some underwater cave you've never been in before just to satisfy some inner need to explore or push the limits of your whatever.... knock yourself out.

But when you die a horrific, violent or agonizing death in the process, I won't be one of those gushing sorrow and sympathy for you.

One less moron in the world AFAIC.
wizardofozone View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizardofozone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 3:21pm
You couldn't have said it better Jimbo ....  'Ridiculousness' is even a better show to demonstrate these pschycopathic death wishes of people who should be grateful they are not 75 and near death ...

The weirdest are when the clip makes one ask "Where did he think a motorcycle pointed at a blank brick wall was going to go ?" ....  And what the heck has become of the term 'friendship' ?  If I had a roommate
that sets off 50 firecrackers 1 inch from my eyes or testicles I'd not only have one less 'friend' .... I'd be in prison for murder ...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic