Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mr Mayhem selected as sexy man by People Magazine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mr Mayhem selected as sexy man by People Magazine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mr Mayhem selected as sexy man by People Magazine
    Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 6:50pm
In addition to Sexiest Man alive feature, People includes pictures of men they consider "sexy." to my horror they included Mr Mayhem. That is one of the worst commercials on the air, I don't think Mr Mayhem is "sexy" just annoying.
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 9:12pm
Maybe they figure he creates 'mayhem' in the bedroom, otherwise I wouldn't know.....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 9:33pm
Oh, c'mon, Tiz...y'mean you can't recognize this guy's coolness?

OK, lemme ask you...who do you think more women go for---Mr. Mayhem or Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory?

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 9:43pm
So, you think Mayhem is sexy??Big smile Coolness & sexy are 2 different things. Maybe Donathan will chime in....
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 11:17pm
He does have that "bad boy" appeal Wink 

But I never really thought of him as "sexy." And now that I have to contemplate the idea, who would fall for him, knowing all the trouble he'd bring??

"Hey babe, last night was great, did I tell you I'm HIV+? No? Gee, I guess we were too busy getting drunk and snorting coke. You mean you don't remember doing lines with me?? Oh, haha, must've been right before you blacked out. It wasn't very good stuff anyway- laced with Comet. I didn't pay much for it, though....."
Dear View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 11:58pm
I'd vote him sexy. He's attractive, dresses classy and has that cool villian voice. Embarrassed There are plenty of worse choices out there.
Please, stop saying "Awesome" in commercials! Your actors are not awe-inspiring and neither is your product.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 12:16am
Sexy or not...those commercials are great!
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 1:06am
I love the Mayhem ads. Also, he is rather handsome in an unshaven-ed way.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Lelly View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 6:52am
Hahaha congrats to Mr. Mayhem. LOL
"OBJECTION!"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

But I never really thought of him as "sexy." And now that I have to contemplate the idea, who would fall for him, knowing all the trouble he'd bring??

I've known women who actually prefer troublemakers.  They like the excitement that such guys bring.  The girl around the corner from me always picks really cool tough guys.  Then she has a baby with each one and collects the proceeds.  One of 'em was good for breast implants...and then she dumped him.  A beautician with three kids, she owns her own home and always drives late model Escalades, Denalis, etc.

Now that I think of it, she may be the "Mr. Mayhem" in her relationships.

Agent_Sometime View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agent_Sometime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 6:52pm
He was famous way before those commercials but I've never found him attractive. I do like his voice, though.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 9:57pm

I just had to set the record straight, but as I flipped through People's Sexiest... I saw the full-page ad for Mr. Mayhem.  It is a commercial; right at the top of the page it says "advertisement." I think this was a brilliant ad campaign because many people probably thought he really was a People "pick," however, he is in tuxedo but they left all his bruisues, cuts and scrapes. I think Mr. Mayhem actor is pretty good looking (wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers Wink) and after seeing some of the other men they picked, he would have made the list for me.

A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 10:57pm

But I never really thought of him as "sexy." And now that I have to contemplate the idea, who would fall for him, knowing all the trouble he'd bring??...

WinkBig smileTake it from one who knows - the best women simply LOVE the 'Meanest Bad Guy' - and sometimes we end up falling for them, doncha know.
Then we become 'just another dad' (CryI've even got TWO aprons, now...'scuse me - I've gotta have dinner on the table before she gets home, doncha know...)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 3:40am
The bad guys were fun to date, but after your mid-twenties you know better than to fall for them!

What does Mr. Mayhem look like out of his "mayhem outfit" anyway? No, I don't mean THAT, I mean, in other clothing and without bruises!! Embarrassed
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 3:51am

The bad guys were fun to date, but after your mid-twenties you know better than to fall for them!

What does Mr. Mayhem look like out of his "mayhem outfit" anyway? No, I don't mean THAT, I mean, in other clothing and without bruises!! Embarrassed
Evil SmileYou should know better than to ask that until you are ready to see us with our aprons, cleaning gloves, and cooking hats off! I swear - you'd be begging for next year's calendar!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
missyme View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 2:53pm
I think he is pretty hot and the commercials are hilarious!
MissyMe
HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:52am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Maybe they figure he creates 'mayhem' in the bedroom, otherwise I wouldn't know.....

Clap Are YOU in good hands?

I kinda like his raccoon in the attic commercial though.

PaW, never liked the bad boys myself. Always liked the ones with lots of personality who knew their way around a kitchen or anything that needed fixed, though!

And you might like this:

"sexiest GPS alive"

http://jbarrineau.com/2011/11/19/mayhem-the-sexiest-gps-alive/

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 3:02am
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

I just had to set the record straight, but as I flipped through People's Sexiest... I saw the full-page ad for Mr. Mayhem.  It is a commercial; right at the top of the page it says "advertisement." I think this was a brilliant ad campaign because many people probably thought he really was a People "pick," however, he is in tuxedo but they left all his bruisues, cuts and scrapes. I think Mr. Mayhem actor is pretty good looking (wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers Wink) and after seeing some of the other men they picked, he would have made the list for me.

That's actually quite brilliant....

I really don't hate these ads, and I could see him being traditionally hot once you clean him up.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
blue View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 6:16am
The commercials are kind of annoying but I do think he's attractive, in that scruffy way!
Well, yehnnnsterday I had an apple turnover...
HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 11:54pm
Have y'all seen his Christmas tree commercial? hahahaha!!!
CyberFox View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 9:22am
Mr Mayhem was a cool concept but it's getting stale
plus people hardly trust Allstate after declining help after Katrina
^^
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic