Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More annoying pizza commercials

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More annoying pizza commercials
    Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 8:33pm
A.  If you live in Michigan, Ohio, Illinois or Indiana perhaps you've seen this.  I've been waiting for a video to surface on YouTube or anywhere so I could post it here and elaborate on the reasons why this spot annoys the crap out of me.  The bargain-basement production isn't the biggest issue.

1.  The music.  Are the writers of "Jingle Bell Rock" still alive?  If so, they should sue; and if not, their estate should.  Happy's has a history of using horrible music in their commercials to begin with, including pastiches of "Don't Worry Be Happy" and a horrid urban/hip-hop sounding piece sung by a tone-deaf Beyonce wannabe.
2.  Also, who the heck ever abbreviates the word "toppings" as "tops"?  Especially so it can rhyme with the word "box."
3.  Is there a reason why it has to be Mama who gets the Happy's Family Box?  Why couldn't it be Daddy?  This same thing annoyed me about the "Manwich" commercials with the jingles that started "Oh Mama don't you make me another meatloaf..."

When this commercial comes on, on goes the Mute button.  Same with this one for Jet's...

B.  This has apparently been around a couple of years but I'm seeing  it a lot more now with this being graduation season. 

What a bunch of spoiled brats these kids are.  I've never known anyone to outright refuse to eat pizza just because of the price.  And although Jet's is good, two pizzas and one cheese  bread is hardly enough for a graduation party.  In my family, that's a standard dinner!

Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 8:50pm
That 2nd one is especially annoying.  As if the yelling alone isn't enough, they give Mr. Douchebag ringleader a friggin' megaphone.  And they seriously think 2 larges + a large order of breadsticks can feed 10 people?  Yeah right ... maybe at a Kindergarten graduation party of 10 kids.
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 10:34pm
Ugh, both pizzas don't even look good in the commercials. Way too much dough, and barely any toppings. These are almost worse than the Little Caesars commercials for cheap pizza.

Like I said in the LC thread, make your own pizza. It's easy, cheap, and tastes a million times better than this doughy crap. It's a little bit of work, but it's so much better it's worth it.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 4:57pm
I'm part of one of the largest airlines and we fly to many cities in the Ohio, Michigan area. I feel for you my friends who live there. This commercial indeed sucks. Almost as bad as the Burger Death retarded song for their ice cream? cones. I put the question mark after ice cream because one has to wonder is it the real thing.
I approve this message.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 5:24pm
Wow, those pizza commercials, make Pizza Hut and Little Ceasars ads look like a they payed a million bucks to make!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic