Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

M&M commercials are creepy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M&M commercials are creepy
    Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 11:57pm
Especially the ones where the wife says to hubby can you get us a snack.and he opens the cupboard and the M&Ms are throwing things at him and yelling at him..yeah I want to eat stuff that talks and attacks me!!
Sponsored Links

Legoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 4:24am
sounds like a bad dream after too much whiskey to me Tongue
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 12:56am
That one cracks me up.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 3:02am
I know I'm tired of these talking M&M's, it's run its course. Unfortunately, M&M's aren't going anywhere and these ads are more than likely going to be around FOREVER! DeadDeadDead
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 4:54am
Substitute "tampons" for "M&M's" and this ad would get really funny.... LOL

"Honey, can you go get me a (tampon)?"

"Yes dear"

(Opens cabinet, stuff starts flying at him)  "Go on, get away from us!  Get out of here!"
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 2:04am

I was just about to begin a thread on the new Pretzel "stuffed" M&M's.  There are 2 male talking M&M's and the ad's all about apparant "homophobia" regarding the one pretzel not too keen about being "stuffed with a large pretzel".  Then the other M&M --who sounds suspiciously like Regis Philbin! says something like "let's get this over with, I'm not too crazy about the idea myself.  Ah ha...I found it....see what you think!!

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 2:06am
uh, links not working. never mind it works now.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 5:44am
And?? Any feelings on this one?  LOL

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 5:05pm
The pretzel thing is creepy
I don't want to eat m and ms with pretzels in them.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 5:17pm

I absolutely love chocolate covered pretzels and potato chips.   The salty and the sweet are a perfect match.   If M&M's can get this right, I might become addicted to them.  Which is why I haven't bought any yet.Embarrassed

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
20carrocks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20carrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 5:32pm

It's creepy to think about a candy you eat being a living thing.  EWWW

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 5:35pm
Indeed. All of those those things screaming as they melt in your mouth. *shudder*
Plus they'd say, PLEASE DON'T EAT ME AUGH! before you can even get them into your mouth.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

I was just about to begin a thread on the new Pretzel "stuffed" M&M's.  There are 2 male talking M&M's and the ad's all about apparant "homophobia" regarding the one pretzel not too keen about being "stuffed with a large pretzel".  Then the other M&M --who sounds suspiciously like Regis Philbin! says something like "let's get this over with, I'm not too crazy about the idea myself.  Ah ha...I found it....see what you think!!

Actually it's one M&M and a giant talking pretzel :)

I love this commercial, mostly because I'm horrified yet strangely curious as to how they're going to get the pretzel in the M&M.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 7:34pm
They have six colored M&M's. Red, Yellow, Orange, Green, Blue, and Chocolate. The latter we never see. Why the hell do we NEVER see the 6th M&M?

So I made a sketch called Brown M&M. He lives in Detroit and he accuses M&M's for being racist since they don't use him!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
drakkonia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drakkonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 9:42pm
I think they need to make a rainbow-colored M&M to represent the gay community.
keyboardplayer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 10:21pm
I've had the pretzel M&Ms. They're pretty good.
I kinda like the talking dudes, but they're not as cool as they used to be.
This is your brain on commercials.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

They have six colored M&M's. Red, Yellow, Orange, Green, Blue, and Chocolate. The latter we never see. Why the hell do we NEVER see the 6th M&M?

So I made a sketch called Brown M&M. He lives in Detroit and he accuses M&M's for being racist since they don't use him!

LOLLOLLOLLOL
aspie1966 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspie1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 10:49pm
I just tried the pretzel m&ms last night. They are good....bigger than the regular m&ms. Only 150 calories and 16g of sugar per bag. I put the rest of the bag in the freezer.
jerseygirl View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 12:18am
I tried the pretzel m&m's and I thought they were terrible
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 2:56am
I have tried them,yet,but,I agree,those commercials are creepy.Dead
Julie
Cherry_Carver View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry_Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 12:04pm
M&Ms commercials remind me of the Chips Ahoy ad where the cookie is sitting at a birthday party asking, "Where's the cake?" and the kids look at him and say in an ominous tone, "We're not having cake."
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 4:09pm
This series of ads reminds me of ads at Xmas time, where apparently some ad agency person thought it would be hilarious if one of Santa's elves was always slightly pissed off about something.
And the prophet said:
"And lo, the beast looked upon the face of beauty. And it stayed its hand from killing. And from that day it was as one dead".
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 5:03pm
I think the pretzel ones are pretty creepy--some of these commercials get so convoluted that they don't make much of a point.  Stupid.
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 3:51am

Agree, the commercial is creepy.

I really like chocolate covered pretzels, if the pretzel is crispy and they use good chocolate. So I really expected to like the pretzel M&Ms, and bought a bag the first time I found them in our office snack bar.

Very disappointed. Blech. Won't buy any more.
Hundreds of threads killed.
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 3:53am
Let's take a vote: M&M's new slogan should be "Cram It"

?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic