Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minute Maid Juice commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitstop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Minute Maid Juice commercial
    Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 12:38am
Where the guy on the escalator is approached be the woman who tells him that she thinks he's the father of one of her kids.  I hate it for a few reasons.

1.  As if we're to believe that somebody just walks around the mall with a 2-liter, family-sized bottle of juice. 
2. I hate implausible and unproven health claims, especially in the form of vague implication because that's legal despite being unethical.  There is no evidence that extra omega-3s and antioxidants improve cognition, memory, and focus, and it's f**king absurd that the effect would be immediate, as depicted in the commercial.
3. He sends his daugher to a catholic school (Sister Mary Catherine).  I despise religion and can't help thinking that he's a gullible idiot whenever I see his ugly face.
4. His ugly face.  In profile he looks like Inspector Gadget with his gigantic, deformed, jutting chin.
5. He had sex in Cancun.  I never had sex in Cancun, not fair.
6. The dorky way he says "Oh, my daugther's in your art class" really grates. 
7. He's one of those fathers who actually wear the sh*tty little things their kids make in art class....barf.
8.  The woman is too pretty to be a nun.

If you can think of other reasons why that commercial sucks, please contribute!
Sponsored Links

meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 12:45am
This one is also in the "like section".  I've never seen it.  Does anyone have a video to post?
makeitstop View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitstop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 12:53am
Originally posted by meinga meinga wrote:

This one is also in the "like section".  I've never seen it.  Does anyone have a video to post?

I can see why people would like it because it is funny...at first.  I've seen it way too many times.

Here it is:

meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 1:46am
I kind of find it hard to believe this girl is supposed to be a nun. 
makeitstop View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitstop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 1:52am
Originally posted by meinga meinga wrote:

I kind of find it hard to believe this girl is supposed to be a nun. 
Exactly! It's insulting when advertisers think we're naive rubes who will buy any unlikely scenario they contrive to make the joke or concept work.  That's why I'm so pissed about the guy walking around the mall drinking from a family-sized bottle of juice.  It's just laughably unrealistic.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 3:27am
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 4:24am
I guess I missed that thread.  Anyway, I was thinking the same thing as far as the introduction.  "I think you're the father of one of my students" would be how most people would start a conversation.  It's not realistic, and neither is the nun thing.  It may hit the funny bone of some people, but I didn't care for it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic