Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mechanically Separated Chicken!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 4:43am
That's true.  Donathan pitches those schizo pills right in the trash as soon as he gets them...
Sponsored Links

Cranedy Pouth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranedy Pouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 5:33pm
Well, Mechanically Separated Chicken had another gig last night. They were going great and rocking as usual! :) But, things got rocky and shaky when a group of vegetarians/devout animal lovers harrassed my band in the middle of the set saying,"You guys are disgusting! Using the slaughter of innocent animals as your band name! Filthy trash!" "You guys oughta burn in hell! "Go f-ck yourselves, you abominable sh-theads! You guys are the Devil Incarnate!"

I got up on stage to defend my band, as I could see they were visibly upset. Inside my head," I was thinking,"F-ck off you f-cking freaks and leave my band alone! Go push your f-cking animal loving agenda elsewhere! thBut of course, I couldn't say that aloud. I had to calmly calm the fire that was metaphorically spreading. So, I politely and diplomatically said,"You are entitled to your opinion. But please try to be nice about it! The vegetarians/animal lovers said,"Why don't you stop making a profit off of the killing of innocent animals?" WTF!

I said,"It's just an innocent band name. You are welcome to ignore the music if you do not agree with the message." Inside I was thinking,"I oughta kick your asses right now!" The vegetarians/ animal lovers said,"We will boycott this place as long as this place allows Mechanically Separated Chicken to play here!

The owner of the club said,"The animal activist group has been my loyal customers for 10 years. I cannot allow my business to be boycotted by them. Your band is blacklisted from performing at my club." The vegetarians/ animal lovers smirked at us. I demanded my band still get played for the songs they performed before being so rudely interrupted. The owner paid us for the songs and we left.

My band was understandably shaken up. I said,"You can't please everyone. You are becoming rockstars. That was a taste of the backlash that comes when you find someone that doesn't agree with our message. You guys are a wonderful and great band. Don't let that animal activist coalition be a major thorn in your side."

I then begun talking about major rockbands that had backlash such as The Beatles and said,"They were treated like trash by ultra conservative people and still persevered and are considered one of the best rock bands of all time!"

They still looked unsure and I said,"Offending people like what happened tonight is a major sign that you are making your mark as aspiring rock stars!" But don't offend TOO much,"I told them with a wink. I suggested we go to the bar and go shoot some pool and have a round of cheap fries, buffalo wings, and beer to take the edge off of what happened. We all agreed and had a great time just kicking back at the bar and trying to dissolve the tension of the fiasco that had happenened.

Using nuclear weapons on problem people is not the answer, you psychopath!

Also, Keith Richards is a damn cockroach outliving everybody! LOL
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 6:05pm
What a band full of chickensh*ts!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 6:13pm
^LOL

I say we help our (disturbed) little Cranathan...help him with a new band name.

Internet Aliases Are Us?
I can't complain but sometimes I still do.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 6:46pm
Uh where does he get this wild imagination from? Did he just pull this 'stuff' right out of his ass?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 6:56pm
Eating Paste?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranedy Pouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 7:35pm
You guys are just jealous that you are not the music promoter of a great music band like Mechanically Separated Chicken who are aspiring rock stars! ;)

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 8:29pm
Don't you remember??  Your ridiculous stories are supposed to go in the Creative Forum.

Well, just keep it in mind for the ridiculous subsequent chapters.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranedy Pouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 8:30pm
This is not fiction! This is my real life!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 8:33pm
No.  None of that happened.  None of it.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranedy Pouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 8:50pm
Keep drinking that Haterade, Thor! When my band becomes This generation's The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, you will hang your head in chagrined shame!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 8:56pm
^ LOL

And I can't wait!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 9:00pm
I sort of agree with the animal rights people.

I think you should consider altering your band's name just a bit.

Call them Mechanical Chicken.

Get a graphic artist to design a logo of a bad ass mechanical chicken.

Sounds better anyway.

The current name sounds like you're trying too hard to be different.

This could be your first album cover...

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Cranedy Pouth Cranedy Pouth wrote:

Keep drinking that Haterade, Thor! When my band becomes This generation's The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, you will hang your head in chagrined shame!

They're not even going to be this generation's Ozark Mountain Daredevils.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranedy Pouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 9:09pm
Well,I don't think they should have attacked my band over an innocent name! It's not as if I made a robot and actually had the robot separate a live chicken!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 9:15pm

Well,I don't think they should have attacked my band over an innocent name! It's not as if I made a robot and actually had the robot separate a live chicken!
These days, everybody has video on their phones. You can't prove sh*t!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranedy Pouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 9:17pm
Well, the club did not allow photography!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 9:21pm

Well, the club did not allow photography!

Just change the name of the band!!!

It's offensive and not clever at all!!!!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 9:47pm
I like this 'change the name' business. Make it simple and people might know who you were just through your new name. Try 'Atomic Rooster' - seems a 'natural evolution', eh? Make this a global announcement right away - tell anyone who wants to complain that this is all about fortune and fame and that they can all go screw themselves if they don't like it.
Trust me - it will work.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranedy Pouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 9:58pm
Well, Garry just called me and said timidly,"Maybe we should change the name of the band? I didn't like being harrassed at the club last night by that animal activist coalition group." I told him,"That was just one group that harrassed you. Don't let it bother you! The other audience members love you guys! And so did the audience members at most of the other gigs! "

Garry replied,"But, the owner has blacklisted us from performing there again!" That's not good for starting musicians!"

I replied,"It was a hole in the wall club. It wasn't like it was something big like The White House or Madison Square Garden!"

Garry replied timidly,"The point is, we are blacklisted because of the name, Mr. Jones! The name NEEDS to be changed!" I heard a note of desperation in his voice.

I took a deep breath and said,"So, what do you think the band name should be changed to?"

Garry brightly replied,"Robot Chicken!"

I scoffed at him. "You want to change the name of our band to Robot Chicken like the name of the show that airs on Adult Swim on CN? Are you tryng to get us hit with copyright infringement lawsuits? That's WORSE than being blacklisted from some hole in the wall club? Garry said dejectedly, "Okay, bad name idea, but please seriously look into changing the band name?! " I promised him I would and he said "Thank you" and we hung up.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 10:01pm
Read my lips.... MECHANICAL CHICKEN.

Period.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 10:07pm
ATOMIC ROOSTER.
Do as I say and you're bound to become instantly known world-wide, on short notice.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranedy Pouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 10:38pm
Well, the other band members called me and aired the same complaints about the animal activist coalition harrassment. They ALL want the name changed. We have all decided to officially hold a meeting tonight to change the name. Jimbo's Mechanical Chicken suggestion is looking really good right about now! ;)

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 10:53pm
You're just kissing up - ATOMIC ROOSTER is a much better name with greater impact
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

You're just kissing up - ATOMIC ROOSTER is a much better name with greater impact

I disagree. Sounds too generic.

I bet there are several bands with that name already anyway.

Besides, they've already built up some recognition of the old name, so why not stick with something that sounds similar, but with the offensive word removed?

Best bet, afaic.

And the animal rights people will love them when they find out how they changed the name like that.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
  Share Topic