Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McDonald's - We Hear You 10/6/15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McDonald's - We Hear You 10/6/15
    Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 10:58pm
These people must LOVE "Watch Me Whip, Watch Me Nae Nae," because they can't speak worth a damn! They have no vocabulary whatsoever besides text speak, "hashtag" this and that, and @this and that. McDonald's doesn't get a cent from me even with all-day breakfast!! AngryAngryAngryDead

Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 12:06am
Aside from the irritation caused by all the obnoxious hashtag-speak, this commercial makes me wonder why anyone would become so emotional about a fast-food breakfast that is to be eaten in their car.  Doesn't  anyone cook anymore?  It takes all of about seven to ten minutes to poach an egg, make toast, and braise a piece of ham or Canadian bacon at home.  Maybe another two minutes to slice up a cup of fresh strawberries.  Anyone can make coffee.   
CapeCat
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 12:42am
I've got a new slogan for McDonalds. It's gonna be a real hit! It's called " it I'm going to Wendy's!"
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
treos View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 3:19am
*loads this page* ok...that is a VERY creepy first frame to be paused at before the video starts loading. are you...among the living, child? that expression is freaking me out.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 3:38am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

These people must LOVE "Watch Me Whip, Watch Me Nae Nae," because they can't speak worth a damn! They have no vocabulary whatsoever besides text speak, "hashtag" this and that, and @this and that. McDonald's doesn't get a cent from me even with all-day breakfast!! AngryAngryAngryDead

Well lookey here at little "Miss Teen Student"!

She's got her desk all set up, complete with desk lamp.
The tactical placement of her school books on the desk.
A pencil holder filled to overflowing.
Calculator nearby.
The strategically positioned chair that she leaped out of just moments ago to record this commerical.
Said chair playing proxy to a pack-mule for her well-appointed backpack.
iPad in hand, (clearly supporting Braile)
Headphones at-the-ready, stored neatly on the headboard.
Bed size set to "twin" so as to infer boyfriend sleepover scarcity.
Blinds closed to discourage voyeurism.
Clock awkwardly positioned.
Time is 10:54 AM !

..WHICH MEANS..

This goody-two-shoes has been out partying all night if she's only just now waking up and craving a Micky-Dees breakfast sandwich.

What a total crock.
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 4:10am
Clap And she looks like she's been out partying all night with Samara from The Ring.  Same dead, staring eyes and stringy hair.  If she doesn't get her Egg McMuffin, heaven knows what she'll do.  

Yep, that's college life, Mom and  Dad, there's where your $60,000/year is going....
CapeCat
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 9:16am
Wow!
LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 8:05pm
Oh Jeez, that is too stupid for further comment.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 8:13pm
Just when you think Mickey D's ads can't possibly get any more retarded, they come up with this gem. f**k you McDonalds. You can eat this pile of turd and choke on it.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 12:33am
I get what they're saying. But can't they get their point across without going in such an idiotic direction????

By the way infantile morons its BREAKFAST!!!!! NOT BFAST!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 4:38am
Yeah, they are morons. An English teacher's nightmare. If these people had to do a project with a works cited (!!!) and real speech instead of text speech (!!!!!!) they would faint.
That girl has been partying all night to "Watch Me Whip, Watch Me Nae Nae." I don't doubt it.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 6:15am
This trend in commercials of using social media and outdated memes is rampant. It's like a damn virus.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

crash1984 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:31am
As soon as I heard McDonalds  were going to all day breakfast I figured they would launch some stupid ad-campaign. Even I did not thing it would be this bad though.

As far as them doing breakfast all day. I love to eat breakfast food late in the evening but I don't see myself going to McDonalds for it. I will continue to do what I do now and that is go to Bojangles. They have always served breakfast all day and for about the same price as I would pay at McDonalds I can get a superior product. Plus lets see McDoanlds try to beat the goodness of a cajun filet biscuit and Bo-rounds.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 3:58pm
Jumping on the #hashtag Thumbs Down, acronym bandwagon...
Micky Deze, you so MODRENE!!

As in Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

Suck it and take your sausage patties and put'em where the sun don't shine
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:09pm
Fast food eggs suck - I don't care how much they swear up and down that they're "real eggs", my taste buds tell me different. And McDonalds isn't even doing the hashbrowns all day, so it isn't a complete breakfast. I think Burger King does McD's all-day-breakfast deal one better by offering burgers for breakfast IMO - sometimes you just don't feel like breakfast food and don't want to wait for the lunch/dinner menu, and it's frustrating to go to all the places that only have 80+ fake-fast-food-egg concoctions in the mornings.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:26pm
I like fast food breakfast better than their day fare. I've been known to simply drive away when I found breakfast was over. They must have gotten my message and Adam Sandlers.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 9:51pm
I didn't need a f**kin' commercial to let me have all-day breakfast!

Last Friday, I went to McDonald's and made myself a Mc1035 for lunch. It was okay, but I still like the McGB better!

PS...this is a Mc1035...

I actually put the Egg McMuffin part between the hamburger patties.

Now...here's the McGB...

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 10:48pm

Those Sausage Egg McMuffins are pretty addicting.   I was having one every day for awhile many years ago.   I had to go cold turkey.   Cold turkey's pretty addicting, too---especially dipped in mayo.   But at least it's not as bad, healthwise.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 11:02pm
There's this recent one where a woman exclaims "Boomshakalakalakalaka" and this guy goes "Sooooooooooooooooo good" argh! This is EAR RAPE! Made me ashamed to be a human!
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

There's this recent one where a woman exclaims "Boomshakalakalakalaka" and this guy goes "Sooooooooooooooooo good" argh! This is EAR RAPE! Made me ashamed to be a human!

Yeah, I saw it this morning and wanted to punch my TV. I don't understand how these dipsh*ts think this is remotely comical to the viewers! I never thought their breakfasts were all that great when I was a kid, if I want a real breakfast at 7pm I'll go to a diner!

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 1:22am
Breakfast at local diner>McDonald's breakfast
Calvin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 1:28am
I also love that Burger King has dinner available all day long, like an above poster pointed out. This all day breakfast from McDonald's looks like they are ripping off Burger King all day dinner.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 2:09am
Originally posted by Calvin Calvin wrote:

I also love that Burger King has dinner available all day long, like an above poster pointed out. This all day breakfast from McDonald's looks like they are ripping off Burger King all day dinner.

Not exactly.
McDonalds hasn't had a successful financial quarter in a LONG time.
They are scrambling for a solution. (Sorry about the pun there..)

Turns out, about the only good thing Micky-Dees has going for it is the Egg McMuffin, and whatever that maple-flavored thing is.

So, they decided to offer these all day long hoping the move will bring them back to profitability.
It won't. (They need to ditch the clown, and then put "real" food on the menu.)

http://www.wired.com/2015/10/alas-day-breakfast-wont-enough-save-mcdonalds/
Calvin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 2:20am
This isn't the first time McDonald's had ripped off Burger King. They ripped off the Super cheap chicken nuggets deal BK came up with. Bk put out $1.49 chicken nuggets, and lo and behold, McDonald's was soon offering $1.39 chicken nuggets. McDonald's really needs to stop piggybacking off of BK.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 2:23am
I was just upstairs watching TV and thinking about how it seem like there aren't as many hashtags in commercials any longer.  Then I come downstairs and this commercialized abortion is on TV.  I came here to post it, but of course it's already here.  I'm nominating this one for worst commercial of the year right now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic