Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McDonalds 'McPick Two'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morons on the loose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McDonalds 'McPick Two'
    Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 5:43am

With McDonald’s being a big offender of hateful commercials this one actually manages to stand out. I get they are targeting the moronic demographic that lacks self esteem posting every insignificant of their lives online but seriously – anyone being this happy going to McDonalds??? 

I can’t fathom even the most obnoxious social media dolt wanting to share an experience at McDonalds the way this commercial depicts it. Never mind the poses and gestures signaling two fingers to cap off how gratified they are with the McDonalds ‘McPick two deal’. 

I know these people exist, I see it myself on the limited social media I see but seriously McDonalds – nobody is this excited to visit your restaurant. 

Let’s not forget the entitled attitude the commercial picks up on which I do believe is now the norm today – “let me get a” both with the actor and awful song.  Absolutely today’s society on the head with it’s “Gimme, Gimme, Gimme” behavior.

I hope I’m not the only one deeply disturbed by this awful commercial! 

Sponsored Links

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 11:48am
Mcdonald's has an awful teeny bop pop music commercial singing about "Mcdonald's two for two,"where the that rivals the "Truth Left Swipe That," horrible teeny bop pop music. I cringe when it comes on!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D. :D $608 for her brother's scooter. Fair is fair my ass. Being tough on Public Access TV is priceless.

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 12:53pm
In McDonalds defense, the "moronic demographic" is the largest slice of the population.
Present company excepted, of course.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 1:26pm
"Let me get"??? That is so friggin' rude.

How about a "May I please have..."

I absolutely LOATHE anyone who treats a waiter/waitress/service person like they are lower than ant piss.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 7:54pm
"Golden Fries" ???
They don't know how to make good french fries anymore, I hate McDonalds!
Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2...Say what?
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 8:54pm
Those food choices are already on their Dollar Value menu - so what is this commercial about? Confused
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 11:27pm
I might go to McD's for lunch tomorrow.

Been wanting to get a couple of those $2 deals.

Two McDoubles and two fries for $4 is about as good a burger deal as you can expect to get nowadays.

And of course the indigestion is free.

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 9:57pm
My one observation on all things McDicks;

we actually got one of these.. AND the cheesesticks tasted
JUST LIKE THE MCNUGGETS
Baggin the tiki since the 90s
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 4:26pm
Ohhh yea.  I just came on here to post this.  I'm not surprised that it's already here.  All those morons flashing their McPick2 gang symbol while taking their ever present selfies.  I hate this commercial.  By all means, please document every moment of your worthless lives.  Your pride in eating your McCrap says everything that we need to know about your life.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 5:03pm
Funny ^.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

Ohhh yea.  I just came on here to post this.  I'm not surprised that it's already here.  All those morons flashing their McPick2 gang symbol while taking their ever present selfies.  I hate this commercial.  By all means, please document every moment of your worthless lives.  Your pride in eating your McCrap says everything that we need to know about your life.
It is possible to criticize a product without insulting members who may have a different opinion.
Take it from someone who pisses some people off.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

It is possible to criticize a product without insulting members who may have a different opinion.
Oh wow.  I seriously did not mean it that way at all.  It was just geared toward the people in the commercial.  I didn't mean to insult anyone on this forum.
Morons on the loose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morons on the loose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 2:55am
No worries & I can’t imagine you insulted anyone. I occasionally eat at McDonald’s (like 2-3 times a year) and I’m not offended. Anyway, I’m not surprised you came here to add this commercial but I was very surprised nobody else posted it before me as this train wreck was playing for two weeks.

Now my issue is still this – I get what some have said, many people use social media and obviously post pictures of events in their lives - I have no problem with that. Some people I know post way too much but for the life of me I can’t possibly imagine under any circumstance even a social media addict would EVER post pictures of themselves eating at McDonalds. 

Furthermore, the twits in this commercial taking these pictures like they are having the happiest time of their life at McDonalds & apparently couldn’t be more overjoyed about this McPick two nonsense (hand gestures included). Obviously commercials are farfetched but I actually think McDonalds is trying to portray this possibly could be realistic behavior and their restaurants are the 'cool' place to be.

Can anyone on this site even fathom anyone they know (or reasonably assume anyone in general) would EVER get this ecstatic over McDonald’s and / or post pictures of going there on social media like this commercial?  

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 3:20am
No, but then most of us aren't empty headed young nitwits like the fad obsessed little twerps in that commercial.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 4:01am
Originally posted by Morons on the loose Morons on the loose wrote:

No worries & I can’t imagine you insulted anyone. I occasionally eat at McDonald’s (like 2-3 times a year) and I’m not offended. Anyway, I’m not surprised you came here to add this commercial but I was very surprised nobody else posted it before me as this train wreck was playing for two weeks.

Now my issue is still this – I get what some have said, many people use social media and obviously post pictures of events in their lives - I have no problem with that. Some people I know post way too much but for the life of me I can’t possibly imagine under any circumstance even a social media addict would EVER post pictures of themselves eating at McDonalds. 

Furthermore, the twits in this commercial taking these pictures like they are having the happiest time of their life at McDonalds & apparently couldn’t be more overjoyed about this McPick two nonsense (hand gestures included). Obviously commercials are farfetched but I actually think McDonalds is trying to portray this possibly could be realistic behavior and their restaurants are the 'cool' place to be.

Can anyone on this site even fathom anyone they know (or reasonably assume anyone in general) would EVER get this ecstatic over McDonald’s and / or post pictures of going there on social media like this commercial?  

It's like I say in all of the posts regarding McDonalds - every one that I've ever been in, I never see anyone that looks like these people.  It's usually a bunch of unhappy, tired looking mothers with flocks of kids trailing behind them.  The only people that I ever see happy in McDonalds are the kids in the playland.  And they're usually more manic, than happy.
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 6:48am

Dude, lighten up! He didn't say anything you should have taken offense at! Sheesh! We're all here to bash stupid commercials and that's all he was doing!
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 6:52am

That's EXACTLY what I thought when I saw this stupid ad! It really looks like they are flashing gang signs! The people that these commercials are targeted towards are really easily emotionally manipulated, since (as someone said above) none of what goes on in the commercials actually happens in real life.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Funny ^.

Sorry, sometimes I read between the lines.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 8:18pm

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Funny ^.

Sorry, sometimes I read between the lines.

Any time I try to do that, all I see are those thin, blue horizontal lines.

And I never have any idea what they mean.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 3:23am
Anticipated tie-in for McDs:

Donkey of Shrek:'Dis McPick two be CRACK A LACKIN!'
Baggin the tiki since the 90s
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic